Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 163 comments are related to the topic:
winners weight cloth fell off chelt

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 163
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 20:59
indeed they did
By:
dalglish
When: 04 May 18 20:59
Happen to know the reason Elise
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:02
i'm going to guess that because it's a clerks objection, from memory i can't ever recall one not being dq'd once called so in effect they will say you were betting on something that was a done deal

just a guess tho
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:03
don't recall bf voiding one though previously if they had opened a stewards in this type of situation either tho
By:
sparrow
When: 04 May 18 21:03
Didn't Shane Kelly survive a clerk of Scales objection last year?
By:
dalglish
When: 04 May 18 21:04
Cheers, appreciate the explanation. Ive just contacted Betfair and all they did was say they have the right to Void a bet. But no explanation as to why
By:
elise
i don't remember it sparrow, sorry
By:
B1GTONY76
but what happen if jockey was 11s 12lb and was within the limit you would have lost, the market was reopened by bet fair and ppl risked money on the market
By:
the dealer
When: 04 May 18 21:06
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/jul/25/stewards-not-disqualify-jockey-light

not quite the same i know
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:06
thing is, you could argue that the fptp was a likely dq, but what if they hadn't thrown it out, what would bf have done then?

in theory you can't bet on those in future because you don't know what their rules are
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:07
sry tony was typing the same thing when you'd already posted
By:
dalglish
When: 04 May 18 21:07
Absolutely
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:08
i missed that dealer thanks, just confuses the issue further when bf play god
By:
B1GTONY76
When: 04 May 18 21:08
you could have lost but could never have won thats wrong
By:
elise
When: 04 May 18 21:09
interesting to see if we get a proper explanation
By:
john92
When: 04 May 18 21:11
We're not worthy of explanations.
By:
B1GTONY76
When: 04 May 18 21:22
this there reply

In the interests of fairness and integrity,  all bets placed during the enquiry will be voided. The following rule applies in this case:
''Betfair may, in its sole and absolute discretion, decide to suspend betting on a market at any time (even if such suspension is earlier than anticipated by the Exchange Rules). In the interests of maintaining integrity and fairness in the markets, Betfair may also void certain bets in a market or void a whole market in its entirety.''
By:
THE-SEER
When: 04 May 18 21:26
integrity - they allow laying fallers
By:
adge
When: 04 May 18 21:28
exactly the same as laying a horse that had fallen imo
By:
wondersobright
When: 04 May 18 21:50
no it isn't

you cannot lose laying horses who have fallen (since remounting was not allowed)

laying horses who appear to have lost equipment does not mean a guaranteed winner

if you search for a horse called plus jamais and watch a run at ayr on 31/10/15

there's bits of tack flying off all the way up the straight, looks a certain DQ

but the jockey weighed in within the allowable parameters, he carried the saddle in his hand jumping the last (with the weight cloth inside) Wink
By:
kjansch
When: 04 May 18 22:05
fixed weight cloths that cant lose weight

anyone can see falling tack but very few falling weights
By:
Willie Shafter.
When: 04 May 18 22:30
this is my take on this...

i like everyone seen what looked like the weight cloth fall off before 2 out...

i bet the 2nd after the last...now 20 secs after the race the betting re-opened..i said to the lads in the box,why has it re-opened when the clerk of the scales hasnt objected? i then bet the 2nd and laid the 3rd...then even when there is an objection by the clerk of the scales bf dont re-open the market.

the simple facts are..bf should never have re-opened the market.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 04 May 18 22:48
betfair need to clarify this situation for further instances
By:
Willie Shafter.
When: 04 May 18 23:01
they never open a stewards for a weight discretion or a wrong course scenario.
By:
jmdc
When: 04 May 18 23:10
Well they did tonight!
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 04 May 18 23:11
ohh right , so it was a mistake on betfairs behalf because they thought it was a stewards enquiry ?

was a stewards enquiry called or did the clerk of the scales object , or , would a stewards enquiry be called if the COTS objects ?
By:
jmdc
When: 04 May 18 23:13
All there was on RUK was Stewards Enquiry at the foot of the screen, then they fcked off to The Betting Lab.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 04 May 18 23:16
if the COTS objects , does this trigger a stewards enquiry ?

i can't remember how it works now Crazy
By:
jmdc
When: 04 May 18 23:20
Yes, that's what usually happens, but tonight they just sounded the klaxon and announced Stewards Enquiry. Then RUK left Cheltenham and returned to Potato Head's Betting Lab.
By:
the dealer
When: 04 May 18 23:23
The Clerk of the Scales objected to the winner BATTLE DUST (IRE), ridden by Mr Alex Edwards and trained by Philip Rowley, on the grounds of the rider weighing in at 11 stone 1 lb having weighed out at 11 stone 13 lbs. BATTLE DUST (IRE) was disqualified and the placings were revised as follows: First, EXCITABLE ISLAND (IRE), Second, MON PARRAIN (FR), third, AL CO (FR) and fourth, RICHMOND (FR). The rider and the Clerk of the Scales were interviewed. The Stewards were satisfied that Mr Edwards weighed in light as he had lost his weight cloth at the top of the hill on the final circuit.
By:
Willie Shafter.
When: 04 May 18 23:55
very strnge scenario if the klaxon sounded for a stewards inquiry before this was triggered by an objection by the clerk of the scales.
By:
brassneck
When: 05 May 18 00:05
on the odd occasion a jockey and a trainer can fall out and the jockey fails to weigh in,the clerk informs the stewards who then act,the clerk must object if a jockey fails to weigh in for the stewards to act.i know this is not the same situation but it might help.
By:
Willie Shafter.
When: 05 May 18 00:07
brassneck    Joined: 13 Feb 03
Replies: 11793 05 May 18 00:05 
on the odd occasion a jockey and a trainer can fall out and the jockey fails to weigh in

clarification needed please.
By:
brassneck
When: 05 May 18 00:19
the clerk of the scales makes objections if a jockey fails to weigh in,it happens a lot (usually for minor places)then the stewards disqualify the horse.
jockeys and trainers can argue like everyone else,and feck each other off usually trainer telling jockey he did not ride to instructions,and the jockey will say feck off and he will not bother weighing in after the race.
By:
Willie Shafter.
When: 05 May 18 00:29
dc
By:
chavman
When: 05 May 18 00:39
exactly
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 05 May 18 00:43
By:
chavman
When: 05 May 18 00:44
fckin idiotGrin
By:
brassneck
When: 05 May 18 00:51
there has to be an enquiry because the stewards have find out why a jockey fails to weigh in,are you alright Willie i was forty years behind a bookie counter and if i had a quid for every time i heard the girl on the extel saying" hold the result at (what ever meeting)""details to follow"",CLERK OF THE COURSE OBJECTS TO 3RD PLACE HORSE (MURPHY'S WHEELS)because the jockey has failed to weigh in,awaiting announcement,3rd horse MURPHY WHEELS HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED AND PLASED LAST,JOCKEY HAS FAILED TO WEIGH IN.
STEWARDS HAVE CORRECTED THE RESULT.REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENT ,HOLD THE RESULT,A REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENT details to follow ,message to all bookmakers,
and she would go on and on an on for a fecking hour,Grin
By:
brassneck
When: 05 May 18 00:56
holy mother of god do you guys not know the rules of racing,i cant believe what i am reading,how on earth did you end up on a gambling site,its unbelievable .
Laughthe best i ever heard in my whole life,guys working for betfair and dont know rules of racingLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Page 3 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com