Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
14 Apr 18 17:36
| Topic/replies: 10,642 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
Always looks shifty to me

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 79
By:
MJK
When: 14 Apr 18 17:38
A compulsive liar, if he was 1 million ahead of Mullins with 1 day to go he'd still say he won't win it.
By:
carrot1960
When: 14 Apr 18 17:43
Better than giving her a smack in the mouth ortelling to f**k 0ff
By:
nashwan1965
When: 14 Apr 18 17:43
horrible fat fella bent as a *unt
By:
gutfeeling
When: 14 Apr 18 17:47
Take it no one here has met him then.
By:
Vubiant
When: 14 Apr 18 17:47
It's not a personality contest .  HTH
By:
GAZO
When: 14 Apr 18 17:48
allowed to get away with a lot in ireland the way some of his horses run and then improve
By:
nashwan1965
When: 14 Apr 18 17:49
yep gazo hope he chokes on his champers
By:
gutfeeling
When: 14 Apr 18 17:55
He'll be having a pint.
By:
TheFear
When: 14 Apr 18 17:56
thought that headline said doping when i first read it
By:
SPOT THE DOG
When: 14 Apr 18 18:29
Was Gordon Elliot bought up in a Caravan?
By:
gutfeeling
When: 14 Apr 18 18:34
^^ Dat.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 14 Apr 18 19:09
Gordon Elliott is simply a fantastic trainer of a racehorse.
Oh and one thing for sure is he can train horses better than most plum sounding Irish Pr1cks ....
By:
MJK
When: 14 Apr 18 19:10
He has the Midas touch no doubt. Proved the old saying that everyone is good at something. He has certainly used the skills he was given, not all of us can say that.
By:
StillLearning
When: 14 Apr 18 19:10
Ooops, sorry Gordon.
By:
MJK
When: 14 Apr 18 19:11

Apr 14, 2018 -- 6:33PM, workrider wrote:

Ye all should be ashamed of yourself's ffs, guy admits to be barely able to read or write, so expecting him to be media savvy is unfair. One thing for sure is he can train horses better than most plum sounding English Pr1cks ....

I hope you got drunk after watching that last nightCry

By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 14 Apr 18 19:13
is he a pikey then
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 14 Apr 18 19:15
A seriously talented trainer. That's all I really know about the guy.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Apr 18 19:27
seems ok to me
By:
jumper3
When: 14 Apr 18 19:33
Didn't know the story about being poor at literacy. He also, like Davy Russell, come across as sound. Obviously has the knack to train a racehorse and learnt from Martin Pipe. I' say he must have a thorough and professional team behind him as well, it seems quite an operation there.

Maybe Giggingstown's role as owners is also a positive. He trans them, they worry about placing them.
By:
Nogoody
When: 14 Apr 18 19:37
I've come across plenty of Cream Crackers in my time and Elliot is far from being one. A decent man who'd do you a turn, so ****. off slimy ****.s.u.c.k.e.r.s., the man's a genius.
By:
youwillblucky
When: 14 Apr 18 19:40
Horses win races , not trainers , lol , people tend to forget that . Give a trainer a donkey  , no one wins with it ! They do a job , that¬s all ......
By:
TheFear
When: 14 Apr 18 20:08
i like gordon but he's not a genius. 1.01 the big 2 in ireland and hendo here have carrots that are better than anyone else's
By:
G Hall
When: 14 Apr 18 20:35
Have to agree with the fear.
By:
cardifffc
When: 14 Apr 18 20:44
think hes great myself..........top top trainer...............wonder if he will go big on the flat.......think he would do well if he did
By:
SoYouThink
When: 14 Apr 18 22:12
When it comes to training, only Mullins and Henderson come close to Elliott, but he could give more than a sentence when being interviewed. He always has to rush off for the photo.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 14 Apr 18 23:13
I like him, i dont care if he isnt super smart.

He answers the questions from the media on how they should be answered, with disdain.
By:
isleham
When: 14 Apr 18 23:19
Few saddos on here who obviously hate anyone being an achiever
By:
jimeen
When: 15 Apr 18 09:16
Admitting to being barely able to read or write is a load of bawloxx. I’d say he can read or write a lot better than the clown who posted that absolute pile of shiite.
That nugget is coming from workrider, a chap who has the intellectual capacity of a 10 year old .
By:
BennyBinion1
When: 15 Apr 18 09:20
A forum saying sums Elliott up...

'If he said today was Sunday, I wouldn't believe him'
By:
cardifffc
When: 15 Apr 18 09:23
what would irish racing be like if there was no GE and willie mullins had the majority of the gigginstown horses
By:
geordie1956
When: 15 Apr 18 09:48
Some rubbish posted; somebody said give trainer a donkey & he can't win with it but there are plenty of trainers who given a good horse would soon have it running like a donkey
I don't if he has an intelligent mind but he knows enough about racehorses to get them to win - that'll do for me
Who care if trainers don't give an interview after a race; I've heard a few before races are run & i'm still none the wiser if their horses are likely to run well
By:
jumper3
When: 15 Apr 18 10:08
I would look again at his 2nd and 3rd strings in these big races. Not being dodgy, it's just that he has such firepower in his ranks, in sheer numbers, never mind Russell and Kennedy's abilities and very able deputies in the likes of Donoghue. Clear evidence he is still getting some big priced winners, taking aside the Irish GN when he had so many entries in the first place.

Also, almost forgotten this week. The GN was the only race the Irish targeted in numbers, other races only had selective Irish entries but a handful of winners anyway ensued. The GN - blew mostly the GB trainers out of the park. Can't see many GB trainers coming over to Punchestown.
By:
domino14
When: 15 Apr 18 10:29
Having spent most my life riding horses, I would argue with the person who says anyone can train a good horse, no one can train a bad horse. This is simply untrue.

Anyone can get a racehorse fit, but placing it in the right races is the art of a good trainer or the people that assist him.

Some trainers are simply not very good at placing horses, and it's made harder by having owners who always want to run at big tracks.

I used to ride one horse for a trainer who always ran at your Newbury's, Goodwood's, Ascot's and so on. Yes always in 0-80s or 0-85s but the horse wasn't good enough to win in that company. When the horse was sold rated 69 out of the yard, it improved a lot from running at lesser tracks for a smaller trainer. It ended up winning a decent handicap at Newmarket as this time it had confidence.

But you can give an average horse to a small trainer and they will get a lot more out of it than a big trainer will. Give a group horse to a small trainer and they probably wont get it to achieve what a big yard will as they dont have other horses like it at home to help it progress.
By:
domino14
When: 15 Apr 18 10:29
Having spent most my life riding horses, I would argue with the person who says anyone can train a good horse, no one can train a bad horse. This is simply untrue.

Anyone can get a racehorse fit, but placing it in the right races is the art of a good trainer or the people that assist him.

Some trainers are simply not very good at placing horses, and it's made harder by having owners who always want to run at big tracks.

I used to ride one horse for a trainer who always ran at your Newbury's, Goodwood's, Ascot's and so on. Yes always in 0-80s or 0-85s but the horse wasn't good enough to win in that company. When the horse was sold rated 69 out of the yard, it improved a lot from running at lesser tracks for a smaller trainer. It ended up winning a decent handicap at Newmarket as this time it had confidence.

But you can give an average horse to a small trainer and they will get a lot more out of it than a big trainer will. Give a group horse to a small trainer and they probably wont get it to achieve what a big yard will as they dont have other horses like it at home to help it progress.
By:
somemuppet
When: 15 Apr 18 10:37
Theres a few idiots on here.. get a grip of yourselves.
By:
Nogoody
When: 15 Apr 18 10:55
Sincerest apologies for intemperate language yesterday, I was sitting on the outside of a bottle of Jameson, paid for by Tiger Roll.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 15 Apr 18 12:03
Nogoody, nothing to apologize for, you were quite correct.
By:
kevo
When: 15 Apr 18 12:30
A lot of innuendo from a few posters that the use drugs are the reason for the success of irish trained horses at Cheltenham and elsewhere.

Can these posters give one tiny shred of evidence as to why they made these assumptions?
By:
Crawford
When: 15 Apr 18 12:44
Definitely NOT a fat p1key.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo