Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Thelastfling
17 Mar 18 21:18
| Topic/replies: 221 | Blogger: Thelastfling's blog
Just noticed it's gone up from £1.99 online to £2.99. That's some hike for effectively the same product. I was presuming the hike was for the festival but it seems we're still paying £2.99 for the crap Sunday fodder. Anyone know if this is a permanent price hike?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 48
By:
StewB
When: 17 Mar 18 21:30
I used to buy it everyday cost me a fortune  I havent bought it for around 5.6 years now, think of the money I have saved Happy
By:
StewB
When: 17 Mar 18 21:31
5/6 years*
By:
Deptford
When: 17 Mar 18 21:34
It went up from £2.40 to £2.90 in one hit, first time in 35 years I have not bought a racing paper for one of the festivals, the editor is a clown
By:
xmoneyx
When: 17 Mar 18 21:41
he ain't Irish
By:
tommac
When: 18 Mar 18 16:36
Wait for Aintree before you buy the the Racing Post.You will not be missing anything as regards racing and teach the Racing post to have some respect for its regular customers.Wait till Mid april.
By:
Zodiac
When: 18 Mar 18 17:08
IF YOU CANT AFFORD £3 A DAY FOR THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RACING PAPER IN THE WORLD,,,

FOR ALL SPORTS  ,, YOU SHOULDN'T BE GAMBLING ... FACT !!!

PAY THE MONEY AND MOVE ON FFS Wink
By:
bettinghelp
When: 18 Mar 18 17:11
50 grand over a betting lifetime.

Peanuts, innit?
By:
parispike
When: 18 Mar 18 17:16
IF you can make 10% ROI you need to bet £10,000 pa to recover the cost of the paper. What’s more you have spend your cash propping up a paper that has the interests of bookmakers, not punters, as its raison d’etre. No thanks.
By:
tommac
When: 18 Mar 18 17:37
Zodiac-we do not all work for the Racing Post-we work for the Sporting Life.Take a chill pill.
By:
Zodiac
When: 18 Mar 18 17:47
TOMMY ,,, POINT TAKEN !!!

BUT £3 IN A DAYS PUNTING,,, WITH THE BEST INFO IN THE FREE WORLD .,,

SURELY IS INSIGNIFICANT ????

If you cant afford it ,,, you should not be gambling .. FACT !!!!!!!!!
By:
Deptford
When: 18 Mar 18 17:54
It has nothing to do with being able to afford it, it is the price rise, which is a rip off, they could do away with every tipster and gravy train journalist, just print the form, job done
By:
grayhawk
When: 18 Mar 18 17:58
Have finally succumbed after buying it religiously since the first issue.....would get a mate to buy it when i went on holiday and even phoned the Post itself for a copy when i couldn't find an edition with the pre season football in....have never went more than one day without a copy until not buying one yesterday and today...

Will buy it the odd time i go racing but that's it for me...... can't justify paying over a grand a year for a paper that is all for bookmakers and not punters
By:
xmoneyx
When: 18 Mar 18 18:05
why don't they put 50% bookies advertising in, to bring price down

on they do ExcitedCry
By:
isleham
When: 18 Mar 18 18:12
daily mail 65p racing post £2.90..someone not controlling their overheads
By:
blackbarn
When: 18 Mar 18 18:22
Daily Mail circulation = 1.4m.  Racing Post circulation = 40k.     Scale is a significant factor.
By:
blackbarn
When: 18 Mar 18 18:31
I seem to be the only one who ever defends this organ!!   Firstly I too think £2.90 for the daily rag is ridiculous and its pro-bookmaker, anti-punter positioning is very annoying.  BUT I happily pay £30 a month for on-line membership that gives me all the form stuff I need, all the pedigree/breeding stuff I need, plus unlimited race-replays and now a down-loadable and printable version of the newspaper itself.   Each to his own I guess.
By:
sparrow
When: 18 Mar 18 19:15
I think I will now go for this downloadable and printable version from next week.
By:
jmdc
When: 18 Mar 18 19:23
Will the Dundalk form be there sparrow?
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 18 Mar 18 19:30
Dundalk is usually available under menu > supplements.
By:
sparrow
When: 18 Mar 18 19:45
I never bother with Dundalk jmdc. I was just making the point on Friday.
By:
Virgin
When: 18 Mar 18 20:17
200 experts Mischief don't come cheap Blush
By:
Racingqueen
When: 18 Mar 18 20:18

I seem to be the only one who ever defends this organ!!   Firstly I too think £2.90 for the daily rag is ridiculous and its pro-bookmaker, anti-punter positioning is very annoying.  BUT I happily pay £30 a month for on-line membership that gives me all the form stuff I need, all the pedigree/breeding stuff I need, plus unlimited race-replays and now a down-loadable and printable version of the newspaper itself.   Each to his own I guess.

Well said. IMHO the paper is a waste of space(Glorified bookies advertisement) but the online form database is now as good as it gets and worth the money imho
By:
spyker
When: 19 Mar 18 12:30
I'm not a member (well i was years ago but don't log in) and i can read all the form i want - not pedigree in detail  but all the form is there to read.
By:
Deptford
When: 19 Mar 18 14:27
Members only today, Tip like a pro, Paul Kealy lifts the lid on how he picks big price winners, fooking comic
By:
xmoneyx
When: 19 Mar 18 14:42
likes the names of the HORSES?
By:
blackbarn
When: 19 Mar 18 14:48
Deptford - The "pro" is not short for professional, it is short for the pro that means - "put (oneself or one's talents) to an unworthy use for personal or financial gain".
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 19 Mar 18 14:58
I'm looking forward to the handicapping feature tomorrow. I've never been able to make much sense of their ratings but this should explain how they work.
By:
dalbers
When: 19 Mar 18 19:18
Just back in from telling the local newsagent I'm going digital for the Racing Post from tomorrow.

Newsagent not surprised in the slightest, especially when I showed her the cost of the digital alternative on her office laptop.

We used to joke that you could set your watch by the Racing Post going up a few pence on the pre-Cheltenham Monday each year but she was genuinely gobsmacked when she saw the 50p weekday hike this time.

Like me, she's in her 40's and fully understands how much of a generational thing it is when it comes to demand for newspapers because she's struggling like never before to attract teenagers for house-deliveries because they can't be bothered to get up early each morning to deliver a type of product they regard as long past its sell-by concept in the first place !!

So I've taken out the £299 annual option online and, effectively, that gives me the chance to skim through each day's issue before deciding on the very few days I'd still like a paper copy either when I going racing or want to have as a souvenir to go with the many highlights I've archived over the years.

But given this latest huge price rise, I've got to decide "nothing worth archiving" on only 104 issues over the next 12 months and I'll be into profit compared to paying £2.90 a day.

That target of 104 should be a doddle with weekdays in Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb easily covering over half that figure.
By:
sparrow
When: 19 Mar 18 19:22
Like me, she's in her 40's and fully understands how much of a generational thing it is when it comes to demand for newspapers because she's struggling like never before to attract teenagers for house-deliveries because they can't be bothered to get up early each morning to deliver a type of product they regard as long past its sell-by concept in the first place !

And there's me thinking we all just did it for the money.
By:
dalbers
When: 19 Mar 18 19:40
"The money" yes, of course, that was important.

But kids these days can earn that same sort of money doing things they either believe in, like serving their friends amongst others in Saturday shop jobs, or understand will get them a chance to see how the real world works like working behind the scenes in a supermarket, a fast-food outlet or a warehouse.

Being forced to get out of bed earlier than their pals just to go out in all weathers to bung the dead-tree press through a few letterboxes is way down the 2018-teenager's list of wage-earning options.

Both the nearest home-delivering newsagents to my mother's house gave up even trying to attract teenage deliverers several years ago, much preferring to sign up adults wanting to top-up the money they were already earning later in the day doing house-to-house junk mail leaflets.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 19 Mar 18 19:51
with 4k HD 65 inch tv . its like your there
By:
Deptford
When: 19 Mar 18 19:58
Watch X Hamster on it ^, that seems like you are there!!
By:
Barton Bank
When: 19 Mar 18 19:59
When I picked up today's RP it was so thin, I had to check that none of the pages were missing.
By:
xmoneyx
When: 19 Mar 18 20:03
why wuld I watch a hamster
By:
Deptford
When: 19 Mar 18 20:07
Have a look
By:
BigField
When: 19 Mar 18 20:13
you may find the odd hamster on there, there's all sorts!!
By:
xmoneyx
When: 19 Mar 18 20:28
ffs WhoopsExcited
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 19 Mar 18 20:29
Any monkeys?
By:
BigField
When: 19 Mar 18 20:30
bit racist that