Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
11 Mar 18 11:06
| Topic/replies: 19,506 | Blogger: p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y's blog
Supreme 20
Arke 5
Ultima 18
Champion 13
Mares 9
NH Chase 16
Close Brothers full house 20

taken from twatter, heavy ground or not that, that is a shocking turnout Shocked
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham entires
Show More
Report salmon spray March 11, 2018 10:07 AM GMT
There'll be very few male ones imo.
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 10:08 AM GMT
hard to believe the ultima hasn't filled???

rp reports douvan for ryanair and min for QM - the first of many swift about turns
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:10 AM GMT
the effect of having 3 novice chases (and hurdles) and a pointless fkin mares hurdle (and novice hurdle)
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
let's add a 5th day Laugh fack off ffs
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 10:14 AM GMT
The Unibet Champion Hurdle and Racing Post Arkle on day one of the Cheltenham Festival have been reoffered until 10.30am

ShockedLaugh what a mess
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 10:16 AM GMT
whats the point of having novice chase after novice chase,plumpton bonus etc,etc and 5 turn up for the arkle,and theres still time for more nons. with the pressure of the day ,jumping etc,why wouldn't any trainer,owner just run their best novice
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 10:17 AM GMT
even the trainers getting sick of the mares
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:17 AM GMT
hopefully this is the last mares hurdle

should be a (valuable) hcap hurdle for mares up to 140 or possibly 145

apples jade, annie power, quevega etc etc all should or should have been in the champion hurdle or stayers hurdle end of
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
Faugheen wears cheekpieces
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 10:18 AM GMT
should be last running of the jlt
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:19 AM GMT
rearranging the deckchairs with him PF
Report equine flew March 11, 2018 10:24 AM GMT
With all the rerouting, last year was the official funeral and burial of Antepost betting.

This year we have exhumed the body, given it a good rodgering and then burned it.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 10:26 AM GMT
OMG the Racing Post Laugh what a fkin useless shower of ****s they are

More
Clarification on earlier tweet re Douvan. Willie Mullins has stressed that no final decision has been made on his target, but that the Ryanair Chase is being seriously considered. Apologies for the miscommunication.

announced on ATR as well
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 11, 2018 10:27 AM GMT
Too many similar races, one day it will all be 7 runner races and bookmakers will be happy.
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 10:29 AM GMT
douvan is a 2mile champion chaser he,s either fit enough to run in the right race or he isn't,wouldnt touch him  with a barge pole if he turned up in ryanair
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2018 10:33 AM GMT
could be the course,s way of managing the toilet,bar,food queue situation the morte small fields,odds on shots pointless races ,the more time for a drink,pish,feed etc, LaughLaughLaugh
Report ph. March 11, 2018 10:39 AM GMT
greedy barstewards wanted an extra day to milk and fleece the adoring punters and diluted the product, its a Festival but its not all top quality and the addition of mares events has weakened the competition in Championship races. The Irish journalist stated this last week and is right. If there really is a need for a couple of extra niche opportunities then have three 7 race cards, just start at 1.30pm.
Report Deptford March 11, 2018 10:41 AM GMT
Looks like Samcro in Bally
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 10:42 AM GMT
aye he is not entered in supreme
Report PJay March 11, 2018 10:50 AM GMT
The Ultima not filling can't be good for fans of the Kim Muir.
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:52 AM GMT
champion

buveur
chitbello
charli parcs
elgin
faugheen
identity thief
john constable
melon
mick jazz
my tent
wicklow brave
yorkhill
verdana blue
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:53 AM GMT
arkle

brain power
footpad
petit mouchoir
robinshill
saint calvados
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:54 AM GMT
mares

apples jade
benie des deaux
indian stream
jer's girl
kayf grace
la bague
midnight jazz
midnight tour
pravalaguna

walofs
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
that sh1te needs to go in the bin
Report wondersobright March 11, 2018 10:55 AM GMT
grade 1 in name only
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 11, 2018 11:04 AM GMT
5 runners in grade 1 novice, what a farce.
Report workrider March 11, 2018 11:38 AM GMT
Its looking  now as if the Dublin Festival is now the REAL one...
Report acey deucy March 11, 2018 11:39 AM GMT
Not even close buddy.Laugh
Report foxy March 11, 2018 11:54 AM GMT
That might be a wind up workrider but in truth the Dublin festival will get stronger after an amazing 1st go in the end it will affect Cheltenham.
Report ben96 March 11, 2018 12:28 PM GMT
Why do people get obsessed with field sizes as long as the market leaders turn up it will be a competetive race. I don't get it so if we had 5 or more no hopers in the race would people be happier? It's a lot more open the past couple of seasons where Altior and Douvan were already past the post.
Report workrider March 11, 2018 12:41 PM GMT
Tongue in cheek lads ...Laugh
Report foxy March 11, 2018 1:32 PM GMT
Agree Ben only 5 runners but the Arkle will be the best race of the week.
Report foxy March 11, 2018 1:34 PM GMT
If the cap fits,Sceaux royal and on the blind side all fit and well at the time of the Dublin festival.Wink
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 11, 2018 1:50 PM GMT
Yeah, cant wait for a 5 runner race where jumping at speed will be tested to the limit.Mischief
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 1:56 PM GMT
workrider and foxy - dublin festival will undoubtedly grow but Leopardstown need bigger stands or else some facilities in the centre of the course, because it was taking me far too long to get a drink!!
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 1:59 PM GMT
should have went down to the Westwood tent that's down past the winning line, never jammed and €10 for 3 bottles Wink
Report foxy March 11, 2018 2:01 PM GMT
Or that big night club under the stands
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 2:04 PM GMT
92 is the club

Fillies (think it's called Champions now) is always jammers but heard the roof may have been damaged during the snow the other week
Report foxy March 11, 2018 2:10 PM GMT
It was the first time I have been in a night club for many years in fact I thought those days were behind me.
Report p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y March 11, 2018 2:14 PM GMT
Laugh
Report workrider March 11, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
Laugh
Report chavman March 11, 2018 2:18 PM GMT
did you pull foxy
Report foxy March 11, 2018 2:26 PM GMT
I am afraid not Chatman those days are without doubt behind me
Report workrider March 11, 2018 2:32 PM GMT
Its the hat that does it Foxy Laugh
Report foxy March 11, 2018 3:34 PM GMT
Perhaps I will leave it at home next year see if it makes a difference.
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 4:10 PM GMT
the tent with 10e for 3 bottles sound good - either that or the glass fronted pavilion with buffet meal etc - there was a flash sale for a few hours one afternoon when the usual 125 (i think) was down to 79 - maybe worried about the numbers booking but believe it all sold out in the end and sure it will next year, any forumites there this year?
Report foxy March 11, 2018 4:42 PM GMT
Me
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 4:49 PM GMT
recommended?
Report foxy March 11, 2018 5:13 PM GMT
Without doubt Gordon I was sure it would be good but it was much much better than I thought ,the balance was very good the cost to get in was as it should be the viewing very good ,I like racing over there anyway but this was something else.
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 5:15 PM GMT
sounds good - probably do that next year..
Report foxy March 11, 2018 5:30 PM GMT
If different from punchestown,punchestown is just a big party with some good races thrown in,however they do have some races you would just stay in the bar and watch whereas at Leopardstown you could not take your eyes of the racing,access is good they have little trams that take you from all over then a free bus takes you to the races it’s only about a 3 minute ride apparently it picks you up as well but we stayed on course for the rugby on the Saturday and then just got a taxi Sunday.
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 5:40 PM GMT
we were only there on the saturday - got taxi from airport direct to the bookmakers bar at the clayton hotel and then walked up from there, taxi picked us up outside and back to airport with 15 mins to spare before boarding flight back to edinburgh - perfect timing!! went to the stands and lawn to watch most of the racing but did watch the patricks park race from the bar, embroiled in conversation with some locals..my mates have been to punchestown and say it's inferior to leopardstown in all respects apart from a huge long bar so drinks service is always good, which to be honest was my main issue at leopardstown apart from what felt like cramped surroundings and not enough tables/chairs..we're going to laytown/kilbeggan/navan in september over three days so looking forward to that immensely..

if you're travelling in small group then the tram to st patricks green and change for leopardstown is probably the way to go, but with group of 5 or more, you pay less per head than you do for the tram/bus tickets
Report foxy March 11, 2018 5:44 PM GMT
What a good trip that is navan is class ,the two day fairyhouse meeting in early December is very good.the only two I’ve been to I wouldn’t do again are limerick and cork
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 5:56 PM GMT
two of the guys i go with absolutely love navan, i went to the fairyhouse meeting over 20 years ago to see danoli in the royal bond, stayed at a lovely farmhouse b&b in ratoath - happy days...that trip plus wexford a few years back (was in the area for work) and the dublin/leopardstown meeting are my only irish racecourses so looking forward to september

done all the british courses and been lucky enough to do pardubice / dubai world cup (nad al sheba before meydan) /several french courses - loved auteuil and lived for two years overlooking toulouse hippodrome / breeders cup at gulfstream the last time it was there in 1999 when frankie won the turf on daylami - lots of happy memories to take to the grave!
Report foxy March 11, 2018 6:11 PM GMT
Never been to laytown funny I was talking to somebody at Warwick this afternoon about it they say it’s great ,regarding the uk courses I bet you wouldn’t return to Chelmsford
Report Gordon63 March 11, 2018 6:34 PM GMT
was great leighs when i was there and chelmsford (supposedly!) an improved version...but you're right, no hurry to go back.

wolverhampton had gone AW when I went there and it was pretty poor too, remember they used to have decent jumps meeting in early february which transferred to nottingham and then when it went flat only, transferred to warwick...and like most of those decent jumps races from 30+ years ago they've all been 'lost' as the third/fourth meeting on a saturday - that was definitely the thin end of the wedge.
Report windsor knot March 11, 2018 7:26 PM GMT
if i was told i could only go jump racing in future in ireland or the uk i would pick ireland . and i live in cheshire . ..the 2 days at leopardstown in feb were brilliant . the atmosphere was good , the racing good . i'll be off to punchestown too .
Report workrider March 11, 2018 10:26 PM GMT
Hey hey hold on ye lot , we have enough Brits over here already...Laugh
Report foxy March 12, 2018 8:19 AM GMT
A very good trip Windsor is navan on the Sunday troytown chase also samcro won a novice hurdle there this season three nights in Galway Wednesday at punchestown Thursday thurles which is amazing then Saturday Sunday fairyhouse,and if you win a few quid down to Killarney for a week where you can eat and drink till your hearts content.
Report Gordon63 March 12, 2018 8:24 AM GMT
jeez foxy you must be permanently on the organ transplant list or else have the fortitude of a saint to abstain from all the extra curricular!!

workrider - you'll need us all to keep coming over (and going back of course!) post brexit...

festival on heavy ground, been a few years!! will be a great leveller, although buveur, apples jade and UDS should be fine in it...
Report foxy March 12, 2018 8:35 AM GMT
As noel Meade said yesterday in the racing post your millions of years dead.
Report foxy March 12, 2018 8:36 AM GMT
The ground seems to have been heavy all season so at least we know where we stand with all the horses.
Report 1st time poster March 12, 2018 9:37 AM GMT
not really foxy as I posted elsewhere,heavy ground you,d normally think back the irish,hendo,s like god ground etc,

but in previous years we,ve been told the irish do well because of the good ground at chelt and their irish form is gained despite the heavy ground, so is the English horses heavy ground form better than the irish soft/heavy ground form is the crux,as theres very little collateral form
Report workrider March 12, 2018 10:11 AM GMT
Gordon, you will always be welcome my friend, great banter among the English and Irish lads and of course ye Scots Gordon at Leopardstown, more of the same next year please God.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com