Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
baracoudafan
02 Feb 18 11:36
| Topic/replies: 194 | Blogger: baracoudafan's blog
Big blow for ATR that. Don;t have much else to cling to.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/news/at-the-races-loses-rights-to-broadcast-irish-racing-as-racing-uk-steps-in/318036

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 257
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 02 Feb 18 11:48
good job cant stand irish racing going to ruk also cant stand no more split screens when irish s..t is on
By:
ashleigh
When: 02 Feb 18 12:02
the question is what price will ruk hike the price to for subscribers.Shocked
By:
Eont
When: 02 Feb 18 12:04
it is also a big blow to Irish Racing they are now a small fish in the pond not the big fish in the bowl.
By:
tony57
When: 02 Feb 18 12:04
how is it possiable? how many split screens do you want..its daft..
By:
1st time poster
When: 02 Feb 18 12:05
going top be hard work for any of ruk,s 50 odd pundits not to spot a non jigger in Ireland, LaughLaughLaugh
By:
TheFear
When: 02 Feb 18 12:05
the irish tracks can't be happy about this, they get excellent exposure on ATR
By:
Aladdin Sane
When: 02 Feb 18 12:06
ATR - All The Rubbish..
By:
Aladdin Sane
When: 02 Feb 18 12:11
Ashleigh makes a really good point.  RUK will now more or less have a monopoly on quality racing. Will they stick to their current pricing and hope to attract more subscribers or up the ante?
By:
baracoudafan
When: 02 Feb 18 12:11
Split screens could be a big problem, particularly on a packed weekend. Will they stick it online only? TheFear is right, can't see how the Irish tracks will be happy as they do get excellent coverage from ATR.
By:
jmdc
When: 02 Feb 18 12:14
^ Except they never hold races up for British ones!
By:
sparrow
When: 02 Feb 18 12:18
Bad deal for us meaning higher costs for RUK and more split screens.
By:
salmon spray
When: 02 Feb 18 12:21
Who has made the decision ?
By:
ashleigh
When: 02 Feb 18 12:22
ruk irish correspondent don maclean must be pleased as punch, but hope they give the presenting job to gary o'brien and we see more of kevin blake.
expect nevo will be over there every sunday.Cry
By:
ashleigh
When: 02 Feb 18 12:23
a deal done between racecourse media group and sis.
By:
scoobytoo
When: 02 Feb 18 12:29
might use 2 channels:-cant run some saturdays in the summer and or bank holidays on one channel
By:
equine flew
When: 02 Feb 18 12:35
I sense this could be the end (again) for ATR.

I remember the last tearful shutdown that Zoey did Sad
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 02 Feb 18 12:37
As long as Matt Doyle doesn't come back and do his Joe Pesci impersonation...Shocked
By:
tony57
When: 02 Feb 18 12:38
this is the crux..how is it possiable to have one channel ?punters are the ones who will pay the price for this..in pics..and money..i dont have ruk..i watch through the net and betting sites..but it will force me to subscribe..i used to have the old racing channel..that was fine but remember they didnt have irish racing...
By:
TheFear
When: 02 Feb 18 12:38
ATR will just show more foreign racing - and more people will see that than the RUK output. There's plenty of quality racing in France on Sundays for example.
By:
TheFear
When: 02 Feb 18 12:39
Equidia have numerous channels I think. There should be a RUK Pro channel for people who want fast pics and no presenters.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 02 Feb 18 12:40
There's a suggestion they may get Ascot back
By:
TheFear
When: 02 Feb 18 12:41
Their product is weaker today than yesterday though do Ascot want to associate with them?
By:
equine flew
When: 02 Feb 18 12:43
Yes, can see lots of foreign stuff to pad out ATR.

Big Joe may be getting a pay rise and longer hours.
By:
Aladdin Sane
When: 02 Feb 18 12:44
The Kings Stand should be fun in running. As the runners cross the finishing line the ATR pictures will show them breaking from the stalls!
By:
TheFear
When: 02 Feb 18 12:47
Not ratified yet according to the RP. Can we lay the 1.01 it doesn't go ahead?
By:
Gordon63
When: 02 Feb 18 12:53
as most of the best irish racing is on sundays when the quality over here is terrible (and mostly on ATR tracks anyways) it definitely improves the RUK product (now if only they can stop using the femail!) however i'm sure there will be a price to pay for the customer at some point
By:
workrider
When: 02 Feb 18 13:07
This move it wrong for both of them imo,surely Irish racing has shot itself in the foot, while not always the best racing on offer Irish racing beats its English counterpart hands down 97% of the time. I hope greed hasn't raised its ugly head. I'd say Irish racing will be begging ATR to have them back after 12 months.
By:
BobSievier
When: 02 Feb 18 13:11
ATR would be no loss , as long as Zoe doesn't get a gig at RUK
By:
wondersobright
When: 02 Feb 18 13:16

Feb 2, 2018 -- 6:43AM, equine flew wrote:

Yes, can see lots of foreign stuff to pad out ATR.Big Joe may be getting a pay rise and longer hours.

if he keeps putting up as many short priced losers as he did last saturday, then he'll be wheeled out 7 days a week

By:
1st time poster
When: 02 Feb 18 13:21
not a good move for irish racing,evening meeting,s sat meetings just going toget lost in the fog of ruk, be little pre,post race,and of course even less post,pre race for the English meetings the French frog may find himself surplus to requirements and a call to atr might  be needed
By:
1st time poster
When: 02 Feb 18 13:22
nice little number for the walah tribe
By:
Barton Bank
When: 02 Feb 18 13:27
Despite RUK having the superior coverage of the two channels I can't really see this as a good thing for viewers/punters.
Split screen central. If RUK was to branch out and have a channel for UK and a channel for non UK racing it would be excellent but I can't see it.
By:
MJK
When: 02 Feb 18 13:27

Feb 2, 2018 -- 5:48AM, the.mad.dog.man wrote:

good job cant stand irish racing going to ruk also cant stand no more split screens when irish s..t is on

You're right, those Willie Mullins and Aidan O'Brien fellas really are small fish :-)

By:
isleham
When: 02 Feb 18 13:36
Fear..lots of quality racing in France..have you seen the turnover figures on here..no one bets on it
By:
.birkdale
When: 02 Feb 18 13:43
At long last, a golden opportunity to get rid of Mick Fitzgerald.
By:
the dealer
When: 02 Feb 18 13:45
for those who purely want to watch racing and dont care about presenters, camera angles, features etc etc its a massive backward step.
By:
Rider
When: 02 Feb 18 13:52
does switching the irish mean all the irish replays will be lost?Sad

now that xtra is available on ruk lots of racing isnt such a problem, on busy days when ruk are split screen, xtra isnt (obviously as its dedicated coverage of each track) the problem is those on-line pics are delayed too much for IR betting (not sure why this is the case) if xtra was sent without added delays then it could work
By:
isleham
When: 02 Feb 18 13:52
would help if atr had got HD so might actually be able to pick out the colours
By:
MJK
When: 02 Feb 18 13:53
No more Chapman coming over, a small crumb of comfort. No doubt weasel O'Ryan is already enquiring about a job with RUK
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com