Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
seaside
09 Nov 17 12:09
| Topic/replies: 2,625 | Blogger: seaside's blog
You have to admit the man is like the greatest leach that ever lived no one has tried to hold on to this racing game more than Dave.

Name it and Dave has tried his hand at it about the only thing he has not done in racing is to muck out and he might even have done that.

How he has the front to go on T.V and stand in the ring and give out selections in a race is amazing.

Dave remember when you said about about stacking shelves in Tesco maybe now is the time for you to get out of the cold and do a bit of stacking I understand you can work nights and you can still have time in the day to have your fiver on.

When RUK cotton on that Dave has not got a clue what he is taking about and give him the tin tack what are the odds his next thing he will be do in racing  PR AT ASCOT ? would be big odds but I would not put it passed this man.

To tell you the truth I am really interested as to what his next reincarnation will be.

Lets have a recap

Pro Punter.

Race horse owner.

Tipster.

Race horse pundit.

Internet entrepreneur ( Bet those shelves looked good after that short lived effort.

Author.

Feel free to add anything I might have missed out from Dave's CV

I know one thing that Dave does well and that is he can lift a Glass as well as the next man so if Tesco need a ref I will give him one because he will have no problem lifting a can of soup on to a shelf nothing wrong with Dave's right hand he knows how to stick it out to collect his greengage's (Wage)
Pause Switch to Standard View Dave Nevison is like the Borg he adapts
Show More
Report Ramruma November 9, 2017 1:30 PM GMT
Feel free to add anything I might have missed out from Dave's CV

You forgot Nevo is renowned as Britain's foremost historian and chronicler of racecourse pro-punters of the late 20th and  early 21st Centuries.
Report smirnoff2therescue November 9, 2017 1:34 PM GMT
divnt let it fester seaside LaughLaughLaugh
Report GLASGOWCALLING November 9, 2017 2:11 PM GMT
.. his insider knowledge of "dave " is bordering on un-healthy. imo.
Report mouse muldoon November 9, 2017 2:23 PM GMT
Next incarnation = bookies rep. Nap.
Report mrcombustible November 9, 2017 8:43 PM GMT
He was also form and placing advisor to John Best once upon a time.
Report tanglefoot November 9, 2017 8:48 PM GMT
Trader,restricting accounts with glee
Report seaside May 9, 2018 6:35 PM BST
Since the last time this was on the forum Dave has had a new job telling what the odds are in the ring.

The Borge would welcome him if their is anyone who can adapt it is Dave.

I wait for the next reincarnation.
Report mouse muldoon May 9, 2018 6:45 PM BST
He's been doing it a lot longer than that. Where ya been seaside?
Report Cork Langer May 9, 2018 6:53 PM BST
only 1 loser on here sadside, see nearest mirror for confirmation
Report CLYDEBANK29 May 9, 2018 8:18 PM BST
Made me think of Dave this ...

"So what’s the best way to do less?

Corinne Maier, the author of Bonjour Paresse (Hello Laziness) advises, “First it is important to create the impression of being a team player. Being an actor is more important than working. You have to be docile, speak corporate jargon, look busy and play nice with self-important managers.” Echoing the findings of Reid’s study, Maier advises you not to rock the boat: “The rule of the game is to show you believe in the system.” Do this and the system will leave you alone.

Company culture can help too, “If you work in an organisation with a nice, easy collegiate culture, where managers avoid difficult conversations, it’s very easy to get away with doing very little,” says Mike Phipps, author of 21 Dirty Tricks at Work.

Next, there’s the job itself. There are two kinds of role that make it difficult for people to notice idleness. The first is one where your results are very difficult to measure, making it almost impossible to quantify what you’ve done or haven’t done. The second kind is where your results are absurdly easy to achieve, meaning you can do your job in far less than your contractual 40 hours a week.
"
Report mouse muldoon May 9, 2018 8:24 PM BST
Good advice, Clydebank, but easier to get away with in a job where you aint on the telly.
Report SHADDER May 9, 2018 8:28 PM BST
Wot was that Bodugi thing he was involved with ?
Left a few people out of pocket did it not?
Report TheFear May 9, 2018 8:32 PM BST
clydebank summed up RUK in a few sentences reet there
Report seaside May 9, 2018 11:11 PM BST
You have to take your hat off to Dave I mean what does he do ? he just talks and he gets paid for it.

The job he has at present is so easy anyone on this forum could do it.

They are coming for the Fav now it's being backed all the 3/1 is now gone best price on offer is 5/2.

Give me a job I can do that.

They should open a book as to what job he will be doing next.

Even I can not think what he will be doing in his next reincarnation.
Report Cork Langer May 9, 2018 11:18 PM BST
surprised you haven't toppled over sadside given the size of that chip on your shoulder
Report seaside May 10, 2018 9:04 AM BST
Seaside is very happy at the moment as I am on Saxon Warrior at 7/2 for the Derby.

Already saved my stake so up for none.
Report GAZO May 10, 2018 9:10 AM BST
so the guy who seems to have done quite alot in his life gets slagged off by the guy who's highlight of his own life seems to be that he has got 7/2 about a horse who hasnt won yet
Report stephaniebot May 10, 2018 9:10 AM BST
Just be grateful they haven't offered me a position on TV yet!Laugh
Report deadbrain59 May 10, 2018 9:27 AM BST
I like the blokeSurprised
Report deadbrain59 May 10, 2018 9:35 AM BST
on the derby day he will have his nuts on saxon warrior
Report seaside April 5, 2019 12:53 PM BST
You heard it here first.
Report mouse muldoon April 5, 2019 1:11 PM BST
Blenheim Palace is the selection for this year's Derby.
Report johngrace April 5, 2019 1:33 PM BST
Endless threads about a man doing a job that most on here would love to have. I wonder why that is.
Report impossible123 April 8, 2019 10:35 AM BST
He said he became more convinced that Anibale Fly was a certainty for the National. He also said he'd had this feeling before and it had paid off.

On a horse whose last win was about 15 months ago, and in the National carrying top weight...seriously? And against the reigning champion Tiger Roll?

Last year the majority of the professional pundits rubbished his jumping, and his size. Have they not heard of the adage "horses for course"?
Report portmanpark April 8, 2019 10:47 AM BST
john.........is dave one of your tipsters??
Report portmanpark April 8, 2019 10:48 AM BST
Not seen a sir dave thread then don't think nevison as ever tipped a winner.
Report bettinghelp April 8, 2019 11:57 AM BST
A word I learned while reading Dickens' 'Oliver Twist' at school seems to fit the bill here:  sinecure
Report ribero1 April 8, 2019 12:17 PM BST
Had a look at Simon Notts betting reports from Aintree,couple of Pics of Dave amongst them,well worth a look, a picture of sartorial elegance,fridays offering my favourite.
Report johngrace April 8, 2019 12:20 PM BST
He ran a successful tipping line many years ago but was bought out by The Winning Line and it all went wrong from there.
Report 1st time poster April 8, 2019 12:20 PM BST
quite enjoyed his early national story,s about him selling timeform at Aintree,kept the sporting life etc, shows he,s a big fan of the actual racing game
Report portmanpark April 8, 2019 12:41 PM BST
but just  cant tip a winner
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com