Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EastLower Gooner
12 Sep 17 15:15
| Topic/replies: 17,548 | Blogger: EastLower Gooner's blog
For fox sake

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 32
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 12 Sep 17 15:16
Tried to remount too...
By:
Poppydog.
When: 12 Sep 17 15:17
Been a while for the last-flight-Ruby phenomenon
By:
skiptoomaloumacari
Shocking shocking riding..
By:
basilbrush
Ha Ha ha.....you couldnt make it up, again that joke. PMSL Some Horseman. !!!!
By:
Crawford
A sneak peek at an occurrence that we'll see more than once this winter!  Ruby miles clear, stopping to a walk at the last hurdle/fence and coming down.
By:
basilbrush
When: 12 Sep 17 15:18
Moment he started to ease at the last, 1/10 he falls.
By:
tips
When: 12 Sep 17 15:20
does it happen to him more than the rest any stats on it
By:
Mat22
Carnage! some big bets gone Tits up. Bridge Jumpers not just in America!
By:
broadsword
how much did you get basil?
By:
stewarty b
When: 12 Sep 17 15:23
No interest here but seen this plenty of times here and Ireland. Horse clear, jockey knows it, eases down only to fall instead of keeping it in a rhythm, jumping the last, then easing down.
By:
1st time poster
When: 12 Sep 17 15:26
he,ll no better next time ,now lukes put him right on what he should have done, Laugh
By:
MJK
When: 12 Sep 17 15:30

Sep 12, 2017 -- 10:16AM, EastLower Gooner wrote:

Tried to remount too...

Think Gary got that one wrong. He said Ruby suddeny remembered the change in the rule. To me it looked like he thought he had enough time to get back up and win, until he saw the first two jump the last fence before he got back on.

By:
madrigal
410 shambles--- what a farce
By:
MayoMan
Think Kevin Blake did some stats on this and Ruby fell at the last no more than other jockeys was the conclusion
By:
MayoMan
When: 12 Sep 17 15:34
http://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake/22-February-2016
By:
RothmanMike
When: 12 Sep 17 15:42
Bearing in mind he rides far superior animals to most other jockeys,who get on far more hacks than Walsh,his percentage should be FAR lower than the other jocks in my opinion .
Not to be trusted,for me.
By:
Poppydog.
When: 12 Sep 17 16:07
Furthermore there's a long history of Ruby clouting the last
(and then either winning or losing.)

Odds-on backers had hearts in mouths, with that mistake at the last, by Ruby

is a phrase I've heard many times over the years
By:
Irish Whisper
When: 12 Sep 17 16:15
These are the most up-to-date stats (from last February) and the piece also deals with some of the theories put forward above.

http://www.attheraces.com/article/570435
By:
Irish Whisper
When: 12 Sep 17 16:16
These are the most up-to-date stats (up to last February) and the piece also deals with some of theories mentioned above.

http://www.attheraces.com/article/570435
By:
the istabraq years
When: 12 Sep 17 16:19
Ive read the stats but im serious now, this thing is in his head..its like he actually sh*** himself if he s clear at the last, it happens WAY to often .......that was just disgusting. Just let the horse pop it or run down the fence he actually went for a longish one there which clearly brings in the option of the horse not coming up for him which is exactly what happened, why have the chance of the horse putting down !!!!!!!

Ive always rated Ruby as the best ive seen but its at the stage currently you are bricking it everytime he comes to the last with a chance or more so simply has to jump it .

No excuse there, none,  and the point above is 100 % correct, he s not riding dogs here like some, he s on classy animals so his stats should be much lower in truth.
By:
stewarty b
When: 12 Sep 17 16:20
I think Ruby's worst ever day was at Cheltenham when everyone was waiting on Annie Power for the four timer at odds as high as 16/1 IIRC. Blootered the last on Annie and saved the books fortunes.
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 17 16:38
FFS some load of rubbish written about this.How many rides and winners since he last came down at the last? It was a novice chase for christ sake. The favourite fell. The third favourite fell. Or does it only count if its the last fence?

What are the stats for jockeys who fall at the first,second, third etc? I'd bet Ruby Walsh's stats for these are very good and I'd say he's more likely than any other jockey to at least make it as far as the last fence/hurdle.
By:
the istabraq years
When: 12 Sep 17 16:45
Absolute rubbish..the ACTUAL point is if you read above his habit/attitude to coming to the last fence with a lead NOT the previous ones !!! hope you understand that is the whole question or his now Unreal tendancy to throw away races when clear.
By:
the istabraq years
When: 12 Sep 17 16:53
Absolute rubbish....Maybe you don't understand that the whole point of this is the increasing number of times Ruby makes a complete mess of the last fence/hurdle when in command of a race NOT the previous fences !!!!!!!!!!!   the argument that ruby gets it right most of the time is obvious but anyone who cant see that when coming to the LAST ( the whole point ) clear isn't an issue mentally for him now is blind or at the very least shouldn't be punting.....

I , in the medium  term which is the past 2 years have when ive had the chance laid Ruby when approaching the last in command and I can tell you it happens more then enough to make good money
By:
loper
When: 12 Sep 17 16:56
MayoMan
12 Sep 17 16:30
| Topic/replies: 1,242 | Blogger: MayoMan's blog
Think Kevin Blake did some stats on this and Ruby fell at the last no more than other jockeys was the conclusion

Talk about fake news and alternative facts!

The stats show that we falls off far more often than the rest, ffs!
By:
firstimevisor
When: 12 Sep 17 16:56
His now Unreal tendancy to throw races away when clear... are you having a laugh?. At a guess I'd say he's ridden at least 100 winners( lots of them by wide margins) since he last fell at the last in front.It is rubbish
By:
pa lapsy
When: 12 Sep 17 17:03
On that one today i won't be too harsh on him simply as the horse never came up for him,you could argue it is his job to make sure it comes up but sometimes the horse doesn't listen.

Other times before i would,he is sometimes sitting just a bit too far back on by far the best horse,,no option but to go then at full speed.
By:
punchestown
When: 12 Sep 17 23:36
I've watched this about 10 times and Ruby approached the fence no different than any of the previous fences which the horse negotiated fine,horse just crumpled on landing (yes I did back it) Sad

I suppose as stated he's more often than not on the best or one of the better horses in any race he competes in these days and likely to be close to the lead at the final obstacle and also horse is more likely to fall at the end of a race when tired (particularly on bad ground).
By:
xmoneyx
When: 13 Sep 17 01:13
painful to watch

https://mobile.twitter.com/AtTheRaces/status/907624155058659328/video/1
By:
MJK
When: 13 Sep 17 08:19

Sep 12, 2017 -- 6:36PM, punchestown wrote:

I've watched this about 10 times and Ruby approached the fence no different than any of the previous fences which the horse negotiated fine,horse just crumpled on landing (yes I did back it) I suppose as stated he's more often than not on the best or one of the better horses in any race he competes in these days and likely to be close to the lead at the final obstacle and also horse is more likely to fall at the end of a race when tired (particularly on bad ground).

I thought he gave the horse a squeeze a couple of strides before the jump then sat when he knew he was wrong at it.

By:
punchestown
When: 13 Sep 17 09:14
If it was a squeeze it was minimal and wouldn't warrant the horse doing what it did as you can't really say he went for a big one or anything remotely like it,I can't believe there are still people out there who think that this is done deliberately.
By:
MJK
When: 13 Sep 17 09:22

Sep 13, 2017 -- 4:14AM, punchestown wrote:

If it was a squeeze it was minimal and wouldn't warrant the horse doing what it did as you can't really say he went for a big one or anything remotely like it,I can't believe there are still people out there who think that this is done deliberately.

Even on this site I don't think anyone is that madLaugh

sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com