Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
06 May 17 15:51
| Topic/replies: 31,464 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Stuffing the English.....Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View .... Shameful Those Bloody Irish At...
Show More
Report acey deucy May 6, 2017 4:09 PM BST
What you aint slating Ryan?
Report workrider May 6, 2017 4:10 PM BST
Lester could have won on that....Laugh
Report acey deucy May 6, 2017 4:12 PM BST
You would have Won on that.Laugh
Report ima_mazed66 May 6, 2017 4:17 PM BST
Presumably nobody will be highlighting the shorter priced runner, ridden by the #1 jockey won for them this time?

Just out of interest though, haven't English based horses won about half of the Irish 2000gns in the past 50 years or so? Mischief
Report TheFear May 6, 2017 4:19 PM BST
from the land of no testersLaugh
Report workrider May 6, 2017 4:25 PM BST
Thefear, not that ye Scots have enough champions to test,surely the boys at Newmarket would have tested him today ?.Ima, how far back do you have to go to get a winner .Tell me something when was the last time a ENGLISH or British trainer been champion trainer in Ireland ? Aiden does it quite a lot, does he not.
Report neill d May 6, 2017 4:47 PM BST
Calibre of racehorse trainer and jockey in England is deteriorating.

Old masters like Stoute and Cecil not being replaced, a fancied Gosden horse was probably the only fear today. It was great to see the Hannon horse running so well when fancied, fair play to them. They produced him spot on.

Martyn Meade said last Sunday that he had nothing to fear from the Hannon horse, a mouthy toff. Eminent was beaten after 3 furlongs, couldn't even hold his position, how many excuses were there for Irish Rookie? Was one every time.

Would love to know what they actually do with Dream Castle at home? nothing to do with being a racehorse or nothing effective anyway.

O'Brien said it again, as has Mullins. They take their cues from the work riders and the people who work hands-on with the horses. So in Godolphin, is it that the staff aren't good enough? or is it that the trainers don't listen to the staff? It can only be opne or the other as they have blown through so much good raw material. A horse like Blue Point would be a certainty for the Commonwealth Cup under O'Brien or Gosden, as it stands, we have no idea whether he will go on from his impressive comeback, theirs usually don't. Such is the horses talent, hopefully this will be an exception.
Report workrider May 6, 2017 11:48 PM BST
I netted very few.Sad
Report Santry May 7, 2017 12:00 PM BST
The point made re top trainers listening to their staff and planning based on what they are hearing is spot on. In an operation as big as Ballydoyle Aidan O'Brien cannot be hands on with every horse.
The culture in the Arab world would not lend itself to staff being listened too.
Money will buy success at this level but other factors will guarantee it.
Report smokey1919 May 7, 2017 12:10 PM BST
i wd have bet 1.01 this thread was going to be about the 3.30 debacle
at wexford yest work rider, the starter should be suspended one of the worst i have seen
work rider 5 horse race 11/10 fav was have been fully 25 len behind
the other 4 runners , ok the horse was playing up , but just withdraw it
they basically stole money from anyone who backed it , a disgrace
and for the record, i never had a bet, but i also noticed the 6/4  2nd fav
who can be a bit jinky , got as much assistance as a sack of potatoes
as ruby gave it , a very very poor effort, if one can call that an effort at all Cry
Report Dr Crippen May 7, 2017 1:56 PM BST
The Irish know where to come for proper racing.
Report ima_mazed66 May 7, 2017 4:17 PM BST
The last English trained winner of the Irish 2000gns was Kingman and before that Canford Cliffs.

I'm not knocking O'Brien workrider as he's a great trainer (although plenty would do the same with his ammo) but asking when an English/British trainer was last Champion Trainer in Ireland is a bit of a non-question considering how each country's fixtures schedule's are set out. Plus whether anyone likes it or not, the British classics have more prestige and so British and Irish trainers will target those as a first preference. That's why we sometimes see a British trained Derby winner ignore the Irish Derby and go for alternative races.

If you then factor in British festivals of racing that O'Brien and Irish trainers in general are likely to target like Royal Ascot, Glorious Goodwood, Newmarket July, Ascot's Champions Day and various other high prize money races and meetings, those all count towards how the Champion Trainer title is decided.
Report workrider May 7, 2017 4:24 PM BST
Ima,all the MORE reason the English trainers should be trying to win OUR championship,its not as if AOB has runners every week in the U.K.With the prize money on offer here surely far better than whats available in U.K. Embarrassing in truth, more British trainers i.e. Gosden should be tackling ours as well as yours.
Report Dr Crippen May 7, 2017 4:49 PM BST
Irish racing is merely a sideshow compared to the main event in England.

How many English bother travelling to the big meetings in Ireland compared with the invasion we have from the Irish coming to ours?
It speaks for itself.
Report workrider May 7, 2017 4:50 PM BST
Yes all those £2,000 to the winner handicaps .....LaughLaughLaugh
Report Dr Crippen May 7, 2017 5:03 PM BST
Think Irish Grand National.
No one has heard of it outside of mainstream racing.

While the English GN is televised all over the world.
Report workrider May 7, 2017 5:06 PM BST
Thinks of those thousands of £2,000 handicaps to the winners that most BRITISH trainers wished they NEVER heard of....Laugh
Report smokey1919 May 7, 2017 5:09 PM BST
this is like that boxing match last week seems to be going the full distance
needs to be decided by points decision LaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider May 7, 2017 5:11 PM BST
Smokey, Crip trying to get us believe he's got a tv  licence...Laugh
Report neill d May 8, 2017 7:32 PM BST
English Racing in terms of tracks, race meetings and infrastructure is clearly far superior to Irish racing as proved by its drawing power.

Ima, no way in hell could anybody do what O'Brien does. It takes a special humility to really listen to people and a great judgment to understand who the right guy is to employ in the first instance. to say that is bordering on disrespectful. This period won't last forever and people will look back and marvel at it.

Not anybody could run the training operation of  a near billion euro bloodstock operation.
Report workrider May 8, 2017 7:56 PM BST
Neill, the population of the U.K. and our own are vastly different as you know,hence the bigger crowds.
Report neill d May 9, 2017 12:05 AM BST
True, workrider. Massive Irish racing fan, here. Latter part of jumps season was amazing and I always love the flat.

However I would say big race days in England are the best in the world. They marry the class of horse, cachet and beautiful venues.

Pound for pound, Ireland is the best racing nation in the world, has the most skilled operators and more often the best horses nowadays, though.

The top English races is where everbody wants to ply their trade, though.
Report workrider May 9, 2017 12:08 AM BST
I agree Neill re some of their tracks,I'm in York next week a beautiful track,having been to Cheltenham 2 weeks ago and I must say it puts our tracks too shame.
Report ihal essex May 9, 2017 11:10 AM BST
This is a rather juvenile 'mine is bigger than yours' type of debate - the only deciding factor that should be taken into consideration is the quality of the thoroughbred and, through the Herculean exploits of AOB on the Flat and Mullins in NH, Ireland produces year after year, with one or two noble exceptions, far and away the superstars that grab the public's imagination! So fellow Brits, stop the juvenile jingoistic laments and acknowledge the equine genius of our nearest neighbour!
Report Dr Crippen May 9, 2017 11:53 AM BST
This is a rather juvenile

Of course it is. What do you think a thousand Irish jokes were all about?
Report McCoy Carp May 9, 2017 11:55 AM BST
Would Irish racing be so successful without EU money?
Report Dr Crippen May 9, 2017 12:13 PM BST
Exactly McCoy Carp.

Pure envy of the English is at the root of it all.
A good comparison is the situation where shop floor workers take the pee out of the boss. Behind his back of course.
It all stems from feelings of inferiority felt by underlings towards a superior.

It's understandable really.
Racing is the only thing they're noted for. And even that's all dependent on someone else financing it for them as McCoy Carp points out.

They always know where to come for the real stuff. That's if they want to watch decent racing.
Report ihal essex May 9, 2017 12:26 PM BST
1.01 the good Doctor would take the bait!!
Report grumpyjim May 9, 2017 12:57 PM BST
the grass looks more delicious to even a horse in IRELAND ..  .. GREAT BRITAIN .. COVERED IN POLLUTION .. .. HORSES BROUGHT  UP  SMELLING LOVELY AIR .. IN GREEN GREEN GRASS OF  TOM JONES .. ? WALES WAS IT .??    ..  BLAME DIESEL  CARS MYSELF ..  ??  ..SET G.B.  FREE WITH PETROL CARS .. GIVE ONE FREE TO EVERY FAMILY ADD IT TO 68 thousand every single person in country owes GOVERNMENT ..TRILLIONS IN DEBT ..   WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG ..??  ALL ..  GONE MAD .. ??
Report Dr Crippen May 9, 2017 1:02 PM BST
1.01 the good Doctor would take the bait!!

I answered two lots of tripe there ihal. Yours and another pile.

Which one are you referring to?
Report workrider May 9, 2017 4:32 PM BST
Poor aul Crip, ENVY is your middle name ffs. Mind of a 4yo you have.
Report ihal essex May 9, 2017 4:39 PM BST
They always know where to come for the real stuff. That's if they want to watch decent racing.

Of course they do Dr and what a wide choice they've got, as I've heard ...[b]The Sun never sets on the British Empire![/b

Bit of a cheek, don't ya think, the colonials nicking the name of our greatest Warrior/Leader to win the 2000 Guineas!
Report RoyalAcademy May 9, 2017 5:00 PM BST
there's a very good discussion to be had here regarding the demise and collapse of Arab influence on British Racing. I would say Aidan O'Brien is remarkable for his simplicity of approach and his ability to keep many, many people happy. Also, never underestimate the attraction to a s certain section of Irish Society of upper class England and aspirations to rub shoulders.
there's a very good discussion to be had here regarding the demise and collapse of Arab influence on British Racing. I would say Aidan O'Brien is remarkable for his simplicity of approach and his ability to keep many, many people happy. Also, never underestimate the attraction to a s certain section of Irish Society of upper class England and aspirations to rub shoulders.
Report RoyalAcademy May 9, 2017 5:01 PM BST
apologies
Report neill d May 9, 2017 5:35 PM BST
There is an enormous disparity between the skill level of the average yard worker in the Uk relative to Ireland, anecdotally anyway from what I have heard from people who would know.

There are lads riding work places in England where a lot of money has been spent on bloodstock that wouldn't be let in the door of weld's or O'Brien's or a real Newmarket yard. This occurs in Ireland as well of course, but it is just clear as day some places in the UK, horses with their minds blown before they even race.

Everybody going to say Fly circa 2011 and rennetti, but how many O'Brien, Gosden, Weld, Stoute horses pull like the Godolphin horses, win a sh!t maiden 7 lengths, learn nothing and then wonder what the fck happened? Rinse and repeat.
Report neill d May 9, 2017 5:36 PM BST
Mullins should've been in that list as well.
Report workrider May 9, 2017 6:29 PM BST
Hey Crip, another smashing example of RANCID British racing @ Exeter .You couldn't make it up,pure comedy gold,best racing in the world my arse.....Laugh
Report Dr Crippen May 9, 2017 8:01 PM BST
You're not whinging again because you've lost are you workshy?
Report workrider May 9, 2017 10:06 PM BST
None as blind as those who refuse to see eh Crip.
Report Busvaldo May 9, 2017 10:27 PM BST
Crippen makes you look like a colonialist,Workrider!Laugh
Report workrider May 9, 2017 10:31 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh  Brill Busvaldo...
Report workrider May 11, 2017 3:40 PM BST
Simply the best......
Report EVILROYSLADE May 11, 2017 3:42 PM BST
Heffernan content with Ryan winning it!
Report workrider May 11, 2017 3:44 PM BST
Its a TEAM game,someone should tell Godawful.....
Report Hushwing. May 11, 2017 3:48 PM BST
dear me workrider . why cant you just take off your green tinted glasses for once and watch quality horse racing?

always bleeting irish nonsense , its was pre cheltenham you started a thread moaning how phil smith had ruined the festival with his rting of the irish handicappersCrazy

thought you'd have stopped posting after that but Sad
Report workrider May 11, 2017 3:51 PM BST
I watch quality racing most days here in Ireland,glad ye over there are getting a chance!
Report carrot1960 May 11, 2017 3:54 PM BST
And Murtagh backing Shamie as well , boy don't they stick together
Report workrider May 11, 2017 3:56 PM BST
Carrot,ffs son have another look at the race,as soon as he slapped it, its tail went round and his head shot up in the air.No point hitting it again,this lad will find it hard to win a G3 imo.
Report workrider May 11, 2017 4:32 PM BST
Can it get much worse than that rubbish over @ Worcester ,imagine PAYING a trainer for that rubbish.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com