Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
piston
16 Apr 17 14:16
| Topic/replies: 374 | Blogger: piston's blog
WILL THIS EVER BE RIOGHT

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 96
By:
Go to War
When: 16 Apr 17 14:27
As previously posted, I have had this problem since start of racing last Thursday. I've done all the cookie clearing and I have tried IE and Chrome without success.

In running for me is unusable, it takes ages to refresh and its only after the race I find out if my 'lay' has been matched.

I'm using Virgin, don't know if that is an issue.

Has anyone got something I can try which will rectify this?

Thanks.
By:
Percy Filth
When: 16 Apr 17 14:39
Stopped using firefox now, chrome doesn't seem to be too bad.
Down to betfair now, don't hold your breath
By:
AFTERTHOUGHT
When: 16 Apr 17 14:43
Switched to chrome and seems better - firefox & ie frozen - site is bloated with scripts and adverts - use mobile app if struggling
By:
madhatters
When: 16 Apr 17 14:45
Seems to have kick started to life in last half hour
Firefox
By:
STUDYFORM
When: 16 Apr 17 14:50
Using Chrome, very slow.... completely cleaned and disabled everything unnecessary on computer....
is there no affirmation of this from BF?
By:
piston
When: 16 Apr 17 14:55
I am using Chrome on one PC and dreadful....also using Windows 10
Got another PC using Windows 7 and IE and just as bad
By:
broadsword
When: 16 Apr 17 15:01
a lot of things not working very well on the site
By:
houseofpain
When: 16 Apr 17 15:02
chrome here and like treacle have given up the in running, pre race only.
By:
Aberdeen Angus
When: 16 Apr 17 16:28
using firefox when hovering over a horse the info box sticks on screen. Then when move to other horses those boxes stick on screen too. Screen wont refresh. Cant move from one market to another either. Tried live chat yesterday and was told nothing they could do and best to use google chrome - useless
By:
jamesdean
When: 16 Apr 17 16:34
Tried live chat yesterday and was told nothing they could do

Astonishing
By:
STUDYFORM
When: 16 Apr 17 16:50
Was on Win10 chrome at work.
now home, Win7 and IE.

Slightly different varieties of slow and not working properly, but things are definitely not right.
By:
cardenden
When: 16 Apr 17 17:00
back to normal now
By:
cardenden
When: 16 Apr 17 17:19
seems perfect now
By:
Kriskin
When: 16 Apr 17 17:52
Chrome is still running slow
By:
boingingbaggie
When: 16 Apr 17 18:05
Doing exactly the same thing on Chrome, Angus.
By:
Aberdeen Angus
When: 16 Apr 17 19:12
Gave her 0/10 for everything in the customer satisfaction survey that followed
By:
sparrow
When: 16 Apr 17 19:39
Strange that some are having problems but not others.
By:
wroughtironronn
When: 16 Apr 17 19:49
It's been hopeless yesterday and today, taking ages to accept a bet and then not loading properly

I wondered if it was the volume of internet traffic over Easter
By:
salmon spray
When: 16 Apr 17 19:54
I'm in Windows 10 and with BT.
It was OK until a few days ago. Now the pages are taking a long time to load but even worse the refresh button is not working. I have tried putting auto-refresh on to 1sec but in fact it is refreshing about every two mins. I mainly play the US racing where you have to bet late and it's becoming a complete joke. Half the time I don't whether my bet has been matched until after the race has finished. I've tried Chrome as well as my usual Firefox and there's not much difference.
By:
broadsword
When: 16 Apr 17 19:58
some strange glitches happening:

was just on trump specials....went to  lay  the 5  being requested  (on trump lasting thru 2017} for £55..........but everytime i put in 55 in the amount box it was jumping over to the odds box as though  i was offering odds of 55 and not 5...........WTF?......very dangerous

Scared
be careful out there
By:
sparrow
When: 16 Apr 17 19:58
I just had a bet or two at Woodbine without any delay, salmon. I use Chrome on Windows 8.1.
By:
broadsword
When: 16 Apr 17 20:06
*not lasting thru 2017
By:
salmon spray
When: 17 Apr 17 00:30

Apr 16, 2017 -- 7:58PM, sparrow wrote:

I just had a bet or two at Woodbine without any delay, salmon. I use Chrome on Windows 8.1.

My laptop is only about 6 weeks old so it has Windows 10 installed.
I must admit I don't like Windows 10 ( Microsoft updated my old one without my explicit permission and I suspect it helped kill the thing  Devil) but tbf this one was working OK until a few days ago and I haven't noticed problems on other sites.

By:
onlooker
When: 17 Apr 17 01:40
Hi salmon,

If your, "laptop is only about 6 weeks old," - and you are experiencing issues.

Then THAT IS worrying - as a new laptop should be 'as sweet as a nut'.

It  must, therefore, be either Windows 10 compatibility (would not be surprised) - or your Internet Service Provider connection.

Knowing you, I doubt that you will have been fiddling about with, or experimenting with Settings, so the issue is, indeed, baffling - as ...

My Desktop computer is nearly 6 years old - and I have just tried various markets, and selecting prices, on Chrome, Firefox, and IE, with INSTANT response,and NO issues on all Browsers.

Likewise - were the majority of Betfair users experiencing issues - then the Forum would be awash with threads - as opposed to just this one thread.

Who is your Internet Service Provider?
By:
REDROB
When: 17 Apr 17 08:07
^^ onlloker, there have been various threads on this issue. I have 2 pc's and a laptop and have been having the same problems as the OP. But today all seems fine, fingers crossed.
By:
sparrow
When: 17 Apr 17 08:20
Maybe it's an ISP problem. I'm with Sky and have experienced none of the problems shown above.
By:
houseofpain
When: 17 Apr 17 08:41

Apr 16, 2017 -- 7:58PM, broadsword wrote:

some strange glitches happening:was just on trump specials....went to  lay  the 5  being requested  (on trump lasting thru 2017} for £55..........but everytime i put in 55 in the amount box it was jumping over to the odds box as though  i was offering odds of 55 and not 5...........WTF?......very dangerousbe careful out there

i had two identical bets entered twice yesterday, both luckily went in my favour, site is far from stable be careful peolpe, also pages jumping all over the show. Im with sky sparrow so cant be that.

By:
salmon spray
When: 17 Apr 17 09:09
I'm with BT,other people having problems have said they are with other providers. onlooker is quite right that I don't mess about with settings,except in the case of auto-refresh,which didn't work so I put it back where it was. Reluctant to contact my ISP as I can't say I am having problems on other sites,including this forum,which I have separately bookmarked.
By:
Brian
When: 17 Apr 17 10:18
I'm using two computers, both Windows 7, and using both Chrome and Firefox with Sky as ISP. Terrible Betfair problems with slow refreshes and screen jumping around. I'm hardly playing in-running as a result because its like playing Russian roulette.

Sadly I suspect very few of us (I haven't) are contacting Betfair because we have so little faith in their customer services.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 17 Apr 17 10:29
Problems here also for a few weeks, despite new PC only 2 months ago.
Have BT and just upgrading to Infinity hoping to resolve issues.
Not too optimistic having read the above posts.
By:
tommycockles
When: 17 Apr 17 10:40
Also had problems for the past few days; just tried to put a lay up in a cricket market, 1.04 for £500. Came up as 4 for £500. Glad I double checked. Be careful out there. (using windows 7 firefox, EE my isp)
By:
boingingbaggie
When: 17 Apr 17 10:46
Betfair, slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww as piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss

It is their fault, not someone else's; not internet provider, not settings
By:
Go to War
When: 17 Apr 17 11:22
As others I have experienced jumping/changing odds, in-running is simply unusable.

What I find shocking is Betfair's complete lack of acknowledgement that there is an on-going problem, it's now 5 days.

No service announcement, no apology, at least if there was then we might think it was being dealt with and rectified. As it stands Betfair once again are treating their customers with complete disregard.

This was a great concept, now it has got so big they have forgotten(I suspect they never did) that the customer should be treated with care and consideration. The problem is that there isn't a credible alternative and I suspect if there were then Betfair would HAVE to become more customer focussed.
By:
Kriskin
When: 17 Apr 17 11:55

Apr 17, 2017 -- 10:29AM, RothmanMike wrote:

Problems here also for a few weeks, despite new PC only 2 months ago.Have BT and just upgrading to Infinity hoping to resolve issues.Not too optimistic having read the above posts.

RM - Nothing to do with upgrading ur PC or ISP service.  The problem lies within the Betfair platform

By:
salmon spray
When: 17 Apr 17 12:05
Are the saying anything on Tw@tter ?
By:
salmon spray
When: 17 Apr 17 12:06
*they
By:
jamesdean
When: 17 Apr 17 12:10
Just checked exchange after reading all the comments. Have to say it's working totally fine here, if anything it's quicker
than it has been, strange. All on laptop btw
By:
Brian
When: 17 Apr 17 13:04
Just a few races in but seems a lot better. Here's hoping.
By:
cardenden
When: 17 Apr 17 13:09
its cappoot again
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo