Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foolsgold123
15 Mar 17 11:27
| Topic/replies: 559 | Blogger: foolsgold123's blog
One winner in ten years. How is he a genius?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 21
By:
timeless
When: 15 Mar 17 11:51
probably not a genius but as a trainer, he has won the Grand National and the Cheltenham Gold Cup, and has won the Irish Grand National twice.

In 2016, he did the Grand National and Irish Grand National double Crazy
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 11:59
Cos he's Irish and they talk to the animals
By:
foolsgold123
When: 15 Mar 17 12:06
Had one Cheltenham winner in ten years, just everyone keeps saying if anyone get one there it's Morris haha, does my head in.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 12:07
Have you got any stats on De Bromhead, fg?  Another one everything thinks is a right shroodie, but my bank manager takes a different view.
By:
trigger3
When: 15 Mar 17 12:20
How many trainers will be declared geniuses before the week is out? Elliott got the full treatment yesterday. Someone else will have their turn today. It's a lot easier if you have the might of a Gigginstown or Ricci behind you.
By:
Poppydog.
When: 15 Mar 17 12:24
I was going to put Noel Meade is vastly overrated, but then I went to his RPost Big Wins and there was a lot of scrolling
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 12:31
Don't be so harsh on yourself, Poppydog. This is a Festival thread, I'd say Noel is a worthy addition.
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 15 Mar 17 12:35
According to ITV yesterday just about everyone is a genius who paid and turned up at the meeting.
By:
brendrew
When: 15 Mar 17 12:40
you think oleary would keep him if he was no good.?

Mans won gold cups+nationals-what else do you want?
By:
wallis
When: 15 Mar 17 12:44
Mouse - 10 runners at Cheltenham in the last 5 years ,   4 seconds from that 10. Not bad at all
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 15 Mar 17 12:49
My very good friend Michael Dickinson has to be very near the top of any such list, although he never likes me teasing him about Manton for some strange reason.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 12:50
oleary thinks Outlander, Don Poli and Empire Of Dirt had been harshly treated in the National.  I'm not sure what he knows or what he thinks but I'm pretty sure it's not worth listening to.  Jim Culloty trained a Gold Cup winner and to add to the charm he's Irish too - is he a genius?
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 12:51
Some sense at last, JM.  Thank you.
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 15 Mar 17 12:52
My pleasure Headmaster.
By:
timeless
When: 15 Mar 17 12:52
yes, he also rode 3 consecutive Gold Cup winners, how many have any of you ?!
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 15 Mar 17 12:55
As P Hobbs once said

There's a lot of bullsh*t spoken about training, you just gallop them up a hill twice a day! Crazy
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 15 Mar 17 12:56
Mind, I suspect having a 'good' vet helps!
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 15 Mar 17 12:58
And actually, if you talk with Michael he'll say that training the first five home in the Gold Cup wasn't even his finest hour. He'll tell you that his best training performance was getting Da Hoss, whom he described as a 'cripple', to come back and win a second Breeders' Cup mile.
By:
The Headmaster
When: 15 Mar 17 13:07
He'd be delighted to know I agree with him. Still though, doesn't quite top Ted Walsh knocking seven shades out of Attitude Adjuster to win the 86 Foxhunter for Mouse and the lads. Genius.
By:
timeless
When: 15 Mar 17 13:24
I think you disdain should be aimed at the moron presenters that drivel such diatribe,

the jockeys and trainers are just doing their jobs and know and have forgotten things about horses than most of us Crazy
By:
differentdrum
When: 15 Mar 17 14:15
Agree with the original poster. If he hadn't pulled those couple of rabbits out the hat would surely have been getting the boot. Alpha Des Obeaux is a ridiculous price for a horse who hasn't really achieved much at all. There was no second to Thistlecrack and this isn't a hurdles race.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com