Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
coolkal
17 Feb 17 17:53
| Topic/replies: 59 | Blogger: coolkal's blog
just come off the phone to RP customer services to give my comments on the new site.  I find the font size of the form, weight carried e.t.c. too small and definitely smaller that the old site. There is also too much space between the individual horses on the race card, which means more scrolling up and down and all in all this means that I find it much harder for form study.  Apparently I am in a minority and if I don't like it - tough - just cancel your subscription and go elsewhere.  I have been a customer of the racing post in paper form since it started and an online subscribing customer since they first started charging.  Am I really in a minority over my concerns?
Pause Switch to Standard View Racingpost Customer Service - Re Beta...
Show More
Report sparrow February 18, 2017 10:56 AM GMT
Or just save this to your favourites and remember to clear cookies first.     

http://www.racingpost.com/
Report Major Rumpus February 18, 2017 10:59 AM GMT
On the new site has the Racing Post Organiser disappeared or is there a way to access it on the new site?
Report Dr Crippen February 18, 2017 11:01 AM GMT
Okay sparrow thanks for that.
Report lordnoise February 18, 2017 11:05 AM GMT
I had a moan at RP customer services earlier in the week concerning the lack of the win only form tab thats disappeared and got this back :

Dear lordnoise,

Thank you for your query regarding the new Racing Post website.

Although the wins only tab is no longer available we are pleased to advise that horse profile pages on the new site are now equipped with 'sortable' columns. So, simply tap/click on the column header titled 'Pos.' and each run will be sorted by finishing position. This facility is also available for the remaining columns such as GNG (Going) and DIST (Distance).

We hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Racing Post Customer Services
Report Dr Crippen February 18, 2017 11:19 AM GMT
Yes lordnoise, they've replace the win column, with a wins first, then seconds, then thirds, column.
So really they just ignored your query.

It's a wonder they didn't direct you to the ATR site for the missing win prize money total.

That seems to be their attitude if your experience with them is any criterion.
Report Dr Crippen February 18, 2017 11:25 AM GMT
Hang on lordnoise, I miss read that before I answered.

Scrub my last post.
Report Dr Crippen February 18, 2017 11:26 AM GMT
misread.
Report stewarty b February 18, 2017 12:34 PM GMT
It beggars belief sometimes. If it's not broken.....

I very much doubt if I will ever own a tablet and as long as I can get into the old website I'm happy.

I hope the brains behind this new idea monitor how many keep with the original website.
Report stewarty b February 18, 2017 12:36 PM GMT

sparrow, being techy clueless, what would happen if I didn't clear cookies first?
Report Dr Crippen February 18, 2017 1:22 PM GMT
stewarty I've used a tablet on holiday for the racingpost site. For reading the cards and form.

I've never had a problem with it.

How could the new site be any better?
Report tomhunt February 18, 2017 1:46 PM GMT
rumpus it's on the top bar menu to the left of search,

when i've looked it has horses you've deleted and doesn't always give you the horses running for definite just the entries, also you have to click on another button to get you notes up on said horse and for some reason can't delete...only good thing is it list the horse in race times descending
Report sparrow February 18, 2017 2:07 PM GMT
stewarty b    18 Feb 17 12:36 

sparrow, being techy clueless, what would happen if I didn't clear cookies first?

You would simply get the beta site by not clearing the cookies.
Report nijinsky01 February 18, 2017 3:38 PM GMT
For serious form students who keep there own handicaps it's so much more like hard work navigating the site as against the old site but we have no alternative have we please tell me if so
Report Grok February 18, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
Where can you get the tips box with press selections?
Report onlooker February 18, 2017 7:30 PM GMT
^

You are 'having a laugh' ... aren't you Grok

This meant to be a SERIOUS thread.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 February 18, 2017 8:09 PM GMT
Nope, tried all browsers cleared cookies downloaded and installed new browsers the address http://www.racingpost.com/ now only sends you to the beta site.

TBF i only ever used it when it was free, i paid for members club once but then found at the races browser. IMO it's a far better/superior site with much more information. AND IT'S FREE
Report madhatters February 20, 2017 2:16 PM GMT
Can you still get out of new site ?
I can't see the option to revert
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 2:21 PM GMT
When you scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says ABOUT US
Below says

Return to racingpost.com

Click that
Report madhatters February 20, 2017 2:29 PM GMT
Not there Greg
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 2:34 PM GMT
Strange that.
Its there on mine using firefox
Report madhatters February 20, 2017 2:40 PM GMT
We regret to inform you that m.racingpost.com is closing. The site will close permanently on Tuesday, February 7, with users being redirected to our new-look racingpost.com.

We know that frequent users of the site will be disappointed and will want to know how they can access the valuable information they have become accustomed to.

Our new-look website is responsive: whether you’re on mobile, tablet or desktop you can access all our content in a format to suit your device. With this in mind, we decided m.racingpost.com was no longer required.

Firefox here too
Report ease February 20, 2017 2:49 PM GMT
It's always been there for me but only on the home page
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 2:50 PM GMT
I get this for today

Report madhatters February 20, 2017 2:55 PM GMT
Aha

You only see it on the homepage

Cheersy
Thank fook Grin
Report sparrow February 20, 2017 2:56 PM GMT
It's still there in the same place.  Clear cookies and use this http://www.racingpost.com/

Otherwise scroll to bottom of the homepage and click Return to Racingpost.com
Report madhatters February 20, 2017 2:59 PM GMT
Thats what caused the problem in the first place sparra
Mondays cookie day Grin
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 3:13 PM GMT
In anticipation of losing the old site.  I've managed to get a studying routine going using the Sporting Life and ATR.
All the information I need is there.

Of course it all depends on each individuals approach to studying and what they're looking for.

Needless to say I won't be subscribing to the new Racingpost site at all anymore.

So they can throw the new site and the old site with it, in the skip as far as I'm concerned.
Report stewarty b February 20, 2017 3:18 PM GMT

Sorry for the delay sparrow. I have been on the old site since you gave the link and have not cleared cookies or changed anything else.
Report stewarty b February 20, 2017 3:21 PM GMT
* I should add I have never subscribed to the RP. All the info that I NEED is free.
Report ease February 20, 2017 3:21 PM GMT
me too Dr Crippen, I'll keep using it while the old site is available. I've already cancelled subscription and told them why, but they don't seem that fussed. Asked them when old site will be going , was told probably the end of March.
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 3:38 PM GMT
sparrow 17 Feb 17 19:33 
Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Return to Racingpost.com for the old site.

Blush
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 3:38 PM GMT
i would never study form on my mobile either but every now and again you want to see the form when not near a computer and now you can, the site looks good to me on mobile has not drastically changed on desktop from the old version

not sure what people are talking about the prize money, you can see horses earnings on the profile page, not that its something ive ever been interested in when studying a race

dont see what the big deal is anyway if you have to go elsewhere for something specific, I have racingpost for form, sportinglife for video, pedigreequery for pedigree and google for quotes open when im studying, used to have atr as well but not much now since the new site

never going to get everything in one place but racingpost has always been the best place to study the form and I dont see that changing any time soon, if you are a memeber at rp you dont even need pedigreequery and google because they have the mares info and quotes as well, I just wouldnt pay for it just to have it in one place when the info is free in another tab, as far as im concerned if its in my browser then it is in one place
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 4:05 PM GMT
I've used the old RP for studying on a 7'' tablet no problem.

The point about the earnings is this: On the old site the win prize money is listed separately from the total win and place prize money.
On the new site all prize money is lumped together as earnings.

If you divide the total win prize money by the horses number of wins, you get a figure for each horse.
A class/win rating. VDW people will be very familiar with it.
This is not possible without going to a lot of trouble on the new site.

Many people use methods that work around these class/win figures, or at the very least take note of them. They themselves will know how best to use these figures.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 4:10 PM GMT
maybe its for the best, the horse doesnt know how much its won Laugh
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 4:12 PM GMT
And more to the point; neither do punters know how much the horse has won if they use the new RacingPost site.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 4:14 PM GMT
Laugh

you look at a horses record in a class, I dont see why the prizemoney is in anyway relevant, it seems like useless information to me, when I scrape the rp site its not something im interested in
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 4:14 PM GMT
Some horses earn more in place money than they do in win prize money.
I think that's a fact worth knowing.
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 4:16 PM GMT
You'll be alright with the new site then oneyallbeenwaiting.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 4:18 PM GMT
but wouldnt you deduce that from its form anyway? ie it places a lot more than it wins

most horses have not won that many races, so you could get a rough estimate quickly from looking at the earnings, again I dont see why you would need an accurate figure for that but if you feel like you really need to know that figure then do a simple division in the calc?
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 4:34 PM GMT
Like I said before, people who use them know how best to use those figures.
Report stewarty b February 20, 2017 4:42 PM GMT
I dont see why the prizemoney is in anyway relevant

You cannot be serious?
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 4:58 PM GMT
im serious, why is it relevant to anything?

why do I care if a class 4 is worth 3k or 30k? its still a class 4 and that all I need to know, if a Group 1 is worth 300k or 250k what difference is it to me?

the going rate for a particular level of racing has absolutely no bearing on my decision making process, its not data that I need
Report sparrow February 20, 2017 8:00 PM GMT
stewarty b    20 Feb 17 15:18 

Sorry for the delay sparrow. I have been on the old site since you gave the link and have not cleared cookies or changed anything else.

I probably should have said that you need to clear cookies if you have previously been on the beta site before clicking the link I gave.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 8:24 PM GMT
http://www.racingpost.com/?_ga=1.58942126.222767010.1454763641

works for me to get old site, no cookie stuff
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 8:27 PM GMT
Hey oneyall
I can see your password and username Laugh
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 20, 2017 8:32 PM GMT
i dont have an account Excited
Report Greg_Gory February 20, 2017 8:34 PM GMT
Cry
Report doorman99 February 20, 2017 9:00 PM GMT
Thanks sparrow for sorting this out simply, now can you get timeform betfair results without the padlocks which have started tnte please and then get my chrome working on windows 10, thanks in advance, I know you'll fix it! Happy
Report sparrow February 20, 2017 9:16 PM GMT
I stopped using Windows 10 doorman and reverted back to 8.1. I do use Chrome though.
Report doorman99 February 20, 2017 9:28 PM GMT
Dan has just sorted the timeform prob so chrome left sparrow, hate fiddling with puter stuff, how do I revert? Other puter is on windows7 still and is excellent with chrome. When the windows 10/chrome freezes it stops everything, can't use mozilla/IE or anything except gruss unaffected (thank god), currently uninstalled chrome and gone to mozilla but prefer chrome if possible.
Report sparrow February 20, 2017 10:13 PM GMT
My computer came with 8.1 and I upgraded to 10 so not a big problem to revert. If your computer came with 10 then I don't think you can do much about it. I changed back by using the system recovery settings.
Report doorman99 February 20, 2017 10:40 PM GMT
This one came with 10 unfortunately.
Report sparrow February 20, 2017 10:42 PM GMT
In that case I would persevere with Firefox.
Report Dr Crippen February 20, 2017 11:04 PM GMT
If your computer came with Windows 10 you can overwrite it with anything you want.

There are plenty of cheap Windows 7 and 8 on ebay.
Report stewarty b February 21, 2017 11:37 AM GMT
m serious, why is it relevant to anything?

why do I care if a class 4 is worth 3k or 30k? its still a class 4 and that all I need to know, if a Group 1 is worth 300k or 250k what difference is it to me?

the going rate for a particular level of racing has absolutely no bearing on my decision making process, its not data that I need

I forgot about this thread. oneyallbeenwaiting4 if you take a grade 2 hurdle for example and the first two in the betting have each run say seven times. One has won 210k in prize money and the other has won 120k. You don't think there's a difference there?

I would strongly suspect the betting would tell you otherwise.
Report nc February 21, 2017 5:56 PM GMT
Tonight forced onto BETA

nightmare

Angry PC user
Report jmdc February 21, 2017 5:57 PM GMT
No-one is forced on to beta at this time. Scroll down on home page and return to alpha.
Report 1830 February 21, 2017 6:38 PM GMT
ThEyve taken away the return to RACING POST.COM for me.
I have just emailed them with a loadof abuse.
Fckin appalling changes.
Whoever approved these changes has a future in politics
THICK AS FCUK AND DONT LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE TELL THEM.
Report lordnoise February 21, 2017 6:38 PM GMT
As sparrow said - "Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Return to Racingpost.com for the old site".
Report ihal essex February 21, 2017 6:43 PM GMT
The new site is too slow in responding - too sluggish! Hopefully it will improve
Report 1830 February 21, 2017 6:44 PM GMT
Ive been doing the scroll down to the bottom bit and clicking on the RETURN TO RACINGPOST.COM for the last few weeks.
As I have written above this option has now disappeared for me as that link in blue at the very bottom on the left hand side is no longer there for me.
Report onlooker February 21, 2017 6:54 PM GMT
Return to racingpost.com - is STILL available ...

But - ONLY on the 'HOME' page.

Click on 'HOME'  link - top left on any page > then Scroll down to BOTTOM of the HOME page - and 'Return to racingpost.com' is THERE.
Report Dr Crippen February 21, 2017 8:01 PM GMT
I agree with others, that link back to the old site wasn't there again this afternoon.

Sometimes it's blocked out by a bar about cookies or whatever. And closing that reveals the link, but I couldn't use the old site earlier. 

My browser opens to the old site. Not today, and no link back.

Okay now though.
Report differentdrum February 21, 2017 8:19 PM GMT
That link is not there for me either. Just seems to fluctuate between old and new site.
Report differentdrum February 21, 2017 8:21 PM GMT
Found it.
Report cobs101 February 21, 2017 8:24 PM GMT
Does anyone use the 'My Ratings' feature?

When looking at a horses lifetime historic form you can either use the default 'RPR' tab which gives the RPR ratings in the far right column or you can switch to the 'My Ratings' tab where your own entered rating appears in it's place with the column called 'MR'. At the moment none of my historic ratings are showing at all. Has anyone else got the same issue and know why? I am hoping data hasn't been transferred yet because the old site is still running. I really hope that's the reason CryCheers in advance if anyone knows...
Report johnn February 21, 2017 8:41 PM GMT
Big Boss    17 Feb 17 19:32 
used to have card, form, breeding, trainer, jockey, odds, results, live text comms all on one page on RP Betting Site for easy one click navigation

now you have to click numerous tabs continually to open up new pages to view it all, whirly circle goes round for an eternity whilst these pages open, back and forth, back and forth

I challenged them by email.... "nobody else has complained"

you couldn't make it up

I did, "give it a chance, please" was the answer.
I'm all for change and improvement, but how can the removal of a useful resource be described as improvement?
Report stewarty b February 21, 2017 8:43 PM GMT
This is really weird this scenario. Since sparrow gave me the link I can't get into the new site. It might be a matter of time but long may it continue!
Report TheFear February 21, 2017 9:37 PM GMT
Usual scenario IT staff jutsifying their existence by changing something that didn't need changing.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 21, 2017 9:46 PM GMT
it did need changing, the old site was unusable on mobile
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 21, 2017 9:47 PM GMT
this forum badly needs redone as well
Report Pinza February 22, 2017 9:44 AM GMT
Am I really in a minority over my concerns?

Definitely not.
The Ipad use is realy difficult .

Computer not much better. Couldn't find the simple search use this morning to find a horse result.
It was easy before just to tap the name of the horse.
Now it requires the date the track etc...........

It's just the way things go.
Someone in the staffing always has to justify that they are intelligent and the best way to do it is to come up with the idea of changing things.

They don't take into account the age thing.
As the country has a very high age census someone should realise the difficulty they are making for most pensioners.
When working there was always someone who could work out how to use changes but once retired there is no such contact.
Report Pinza February 22, 2017 9:51 AM GMT
Thanks to onlooker (Post Feb 21st) have found the way to get back to normal with the search
Report TiptheOdds February 22, 2017 4:43 PM GMT
coolkal, you are very definitely not alone. The new site is a fukking abortion. All the points you make are valid.

I already told them months ago that the new format with the lack of breeding on the racecard makes looking at bumpers and 2-y-o races a total pain in the ass - but as usual they don´t listen to what us punters think.

For a paper aimed at punters, supposedly produced by racing people, I will never understand why they can´t just upgrade (like BF) and not muck about with the layout which we are all used to, and obviously enjoy. Fukking morons!

If they continue with this shiite I´m sure they will lose even more customers to other sites - me for one.
Report wondersobright February 22, 2017 4:49 PM GMT

Feb 21, 2017 -- 9:37PM, TheFear wrote:

Usual scenario IT staff jutsifying their existence by changing something that didn't need changing.

correct

Report One Nation February 22, 2017 4:53 PM GMT
You can view the breeding but it takes up double the room of the old racecard and only fits about 10 horses on the screen.

It's a car crash.
Report nijinsky01 February 22, 2017 4:54 PM GMT
We are passing in the wind don't give a Fck about us they know better
Report sparrow February 22, 2017 7:03 PM GMT
Just received this in an email.

Hello Racing Fan

The 2017 Cheltenham Festival is now just under three weeks away. To celebrate we're giving you the chance to experience our Ultimate Members' Club package, on our brand new fully responsive website for FREE.

Your Ultimate Members' Club trial will last for one month. During this time you'll be able to benefit from the many premium features in the lead-up to this year's festival to help make it your most memorable yet.

Sign up using promo code RPTRIAL now and start using the benefits of our Ultimate Members' Club today.
Report Wannawin. February 23, 2017 9:45 AM GMT
Anybody tell me where the "printouts" button is please?
Report Dr Crippen February 23, 2017 11:23 AM GMT
What's the plan with the offer sparrow?
Signing up and giving your debit details, then phoning up to cancel after your trial period if you don't want to carry on.
It's a good offer with Cheltenham coming up.

I notice they're publishing sectionals for the AW on the ATR website now.

Just one click brings up the pace for each race in readily understandable early/mid/late mph figures.
Making a comparison with other races easy.

All this stuff readily available and free! Yet all we ever do is moan. Lol.
Report sparrow February 23, 2017 12:04 PM GMT
I don't know about the signing up etc. as I deleted the email after reading the first few paragraphs, Dr Crippen.
Report crepello February 24, 2017 12:20 PM GMT
And let's not forget the right royal mess they have made of this site - I despair ................
Report stewarty b February 24, 2017 12:56 PM GMT
Sign up using promo code RPTRIAL now and start using the benefits of our Ultimate Members' Club today.

Excuse my ignorance never having being a member but what are the benefits? Reading the Spotlight verdict is one but how many others?
Report Dr Crippen February 24, 2017 1:14 PM GMT
The main ones are the raceform ratings and speed figures for every race.

Then an analysis of every race below the result.

You also get a going report based on the times of the race meeting.
Which differs startlingly sometimes from the official going reported in the results.

There are many others.
Report Dr Crippen February 24, 2017 1:17 PM GMT
^Newspaper tips.
Report piston February 24, 2017 1:20 PM GMT
I am trying to convince myself that Beta site MAY be better when we get familiar with it....However I find it horrendous at the mo and I will continue to subscribe to the Daily Newspaper Version as it gives me far more info than even their old website. Typical of large corporates in changing things thinking their customers will benefit....yet rarely do

COME ON  RACING POST ...............DO AN OPINION SURVEY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS AS ITS ALWAYS THE BEST WAY TO GET FEEDBACK
Report stewarty b February 24, 2017 1:25 PM GMT
I'm fairly sure I can get that info if buying a RP Dr C which I often do if punting bigger stakes than usual although I me be wrong there.
Report Autocue February 24, 2017 1:29 PM GMT
The beta site is garbage on my mobile. Impossible to see racing results.
Report Dr Crippen February 24, 2017 1:40 PM GMT
In the horse form pages in the database. The raceform top speed figures and raceform ratings aren't published. They're starred out for the free loaders.

I notice they're present in the new site, but I don't expect them to keep doing that once the old site has gone.
Report Dr Crippen February 24, 2017 1:43 PM GMT
The raceform rating or the top speed figures for every historic race are the main reasons why many subscribe.
Report piston February 24, 2017 1:46 PM GMT
no text commentary eitjher....which they had on old site
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 24, 2017 1:51 PM GMT
the beta site is excellent on mobile

Dr Crippen • February 24, 2017 1:40 PM GMT
The raceform top speed figures and raceform ratings aren't published. They're starred out for the free loaders.

I notice they're present in the new site

I noticed this as well, wouldnt even use them if they were free, could scrape them all just now while they are showing but I dont want them
Report piston February 24, 2017 1:54 PM GMT
and you have to use ADBLOCKER to stop all the crap ads that they display which slows down your PC
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 24, 2017 1:58 PM GMT
werent you already using adblock?

should only ever be off on the rare occasions you need it to be off to get something
Report stewarty b February 24, 2017 2:00 PM GMT
When/if the old site goes for good it will be back to getting the RP every day when I'm punting.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 February 24, 2017 2:10 PM GMT
I dont understand, its practically the exact same except wider and no figure for winnings
Report tomhunt February 24, 2017 7:08 PM GMT
just filled in the beta survey hosted very apptly by ..... A SurveyMonkey Company
Report 1830 February 24, 2017 8:12 PM GMT
THE EMPERORS NEW CLOTHES
Report comingupthehill February 25, 2017 1:22 PM GMT
everyone seems to hate it.

surely they need to keep old customers happy whilst updating it in a way to attract new customers- clearly they ve failed,back to the drawing board.
Report e.w pat February 25, 2017 3:06 PM GMT
i assume the same monkeys that were used to redesign the Post site got the gig for the Sporting Life site too..they must have offered a 2 for the Price of 1 deal judging by the mess they have made of both !Just watch the paid subscriptions on the Post fall off a Cliff!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com