Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
e.w pat
25 Nov 16 15:19
| Topic/replies: 82 | Blogger: e.w pat's blog
looks like the new racing post site has dumbed down in preparation  for all the new ITV viewers that will come "flooding" into racing
Pause Switch to Standard View Is the Old racing post site still...
Show More
Report onlooker November 25, 2016 4:35 PM GMT
Of course it is -

The 'New' Site is in beta mode - meaning still/just TESTING.

You must, somehow. be accessing racingpost via that BETA mode - whereas the vast majority are still using the USUAL access and site ... in fact, the vast majority are probably still unaware that there actually is a BETA 'New'site, or what a beta site is.

How are you accessing racinpost? - given that you are having to ask if the CURRENT/USUAL  site is, "still available."
Report breadnbutter November 25, 2016 5:53 PM GMT
what is BETA ?
Report Deltâ November 25, 2016 5:54 PM GMT
OP

post moore

tar
Report onlooker November 25, 2016 6:42 PM GMT
BETA version - is when a new website is being launched - or existing website changed, somewhat.

After Alpha Testing - which is done 'in house' and not normally seen by the public/end users - a website is put into BETA version, and then made available online, either to trusted subscribers/users or the public, for TESTING and appraisal for faults and FEEDBACK by end users - before a FINAL, completed, version is launched - usually then replacing any previous version(s).
Report 11kv November 25, 2016 6:44 PM GMT
Onlooker does not suffer fool's gladly..........
Report onlooker November 25, 2016 7:04 PM GMT
^ ex-pat asked a question ... I answered.

Many others on here would have left him hanging.
Report jmdc November 25, 2016 8:42 PM GMT
New RP site beta.racingpost.com is free to use for anyone interested.  Notable errors - At A Glance does not bring up the last six runs and nothing tells you whether a race is a chase or a hurdle.
Report onlooker November 25, 2016 8:51 PM GMT
Yes - jmdc -

NO Option for FULL MEETING in 'At a Glance' format -  was the first ERROR that I fired off to them.

When in a Single 'At a Glance' Race (the ONLY 'At a Glance' Display, at present) ...

-  'Show all racecards for this meeting on one page'  ... then senselessly DEFAULTS back to BILLBOARD size Colour Cards style, instead. Cry
Report e.w pat November 26, 2016 8:02 AM GMT
still defaulting to the "pretty " new site....can it be turned off !.
Report RozelKid November 26, 2016 12:44 PM GMT
searching for past owner and trainer form is annoying - the search function is not as easy.
Report jajabink January 30, 2017 2:33 PM GMT
emailed RP to tell them how crap i thought the new site was, google results were taking me to the old website then it changed to the new site, whats going on, i cant use the beta website & i pay for it
Report Barton Bank January 30, 2017 2:36 PM GMT
Trt clearing cookies, google search Racingpost and access the site that way. It worked for me.
Report wondersobright January 30, 2017 2:36 PM GMT
I'm on the old site
Report Barton Bank January 30, 2017 2:37 PM GMT
I wonder if anyone actually prefers the Beta site?
Report madhatters January 30, 2017 2:42 PM GMT
First day for me getting new beta results page
From saved bookmark btw
Awful
Cards ok
Googled & got results with bloodstock
Still better than beta Angry
Report jmdc January 30, 2017 4:56 PM GMT
Go to the foot of beta site and press return to racingpost.com.
Report madhatters January 30, 2017 7:33 PM GMT
Lost the beta site now
No idea what is going on
Cheers anyways jmdc
Report TedButler January 31, 2017 11:39 AM GMT
I just set up a new bookmark using this link.

http://www.racingpost.com/?_ga=1.47419566.867559823.1485787456
Report guardamar March 28, 2017 10:49 AM BST
TO JMDC.
i got the old R.P.site up by going to foot of Home Page and clicking go back to Racing Post ,but now it seems that has gone, is there any other way you can return to the old site
Report jmdc March 28, 2017 11:50 AM BST
No.  I find the new site is a bit trickier to use but all the old features that I use are still there.  Where they have been naughty is changing At A Glance to Card and changing the Form Setting.  The new At A Glance is virtually useless.
Report foxy top March 28, 2017 11:52 AM BST
I hate the new form setting,

Millington is a cnt (nap)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com