Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Thegamestraightlol
20 Nov 16 11:40
| Topic/replies: 392 | Blogger: Thegamestraightlol's blog
Placed £100 win yesterday at 12s in shop - went to collect today and staff said bet price changed 3 seconds before my bet went through, although ticket has 12-1 on can only pay out 10s , £200 difference, complained to customer services and basically told tough....be aware in future - anyone else had same treatment is there any route to complain. Thanks

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 38
By:
s.kenbo
When: 20 Nov 16 11:44
Three seconds is pretty harsh imo.
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 20 Nov 16 11:45
They have just restricted my account to pennies after a huge 13 bets.

The poster "Paul Haigh Total Respect" maybe able to help you as I personally cannot see how Lads have a leg to stand on.
By:
geoff m
When: 20 Nov 16 11:47
Did you place the 12/1 on the slip /did staff initial price?
By:
Thegamestraightlol
When: 20 Nov 16 11:51
hi, i asked for price and staff put price on
By:
xmoneyx
When: 20 Nov 16 11:54
slam dunk

hunger strike outside shop
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 20 Nov 16 12:11
DESPICABLE!

Deffo wanna seek out PHTR imo
By:
knavesmire007
When: 20 Nov 16 12:14
Takes 3 seconds for the staff to put the slip in the till.Ridiculous and unfair ruling.
By:
hulk23
When: 20 Nov 16 12:16
thinly veiled "i took the magic sign for a grand yesterday" fred
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 20 Nov 16 12:17
Guess you knew your username would come in useful one dayLaugh
By:
BlazingWalker
When: 20 Nov 16 12:18
IBAS.

If the cashier wrote 12s on the slip and it was 12s on the screen they have to pay 12s .
By:
yorkshirela
When: 20 Nov 16 12:39
I always thought bookies head offices had print outs as to when prices change in the shops as it is them who price change, not individual shops.......ask them for a breakdown on the market activities on the individual horse in question. If not arbitration might help you get the information you need. Move to a competitor in the meantime whilst it is being sorted and tell Ladbrokes that.

I once saw someone one place a forecast that won and when he went to collect £1200 they said race was off by a few seconds.....if the forecast had lost would they have owned up.....me thinks not.

Bookmaking has so changed in recent years.....and not for the better......just sheer greed.....I mean, what's £200 to Ladbrokes and as a goodwill gesture it would have gone a long way.....
Best of luck.
By:
Sowerby Boy
When: 20 Nov 16 14:08
In Corrals shops, the customer gets the price showing in the tills, even if the price changed 2 seconds ago - there is no Manager's discretion.
By:
ronnie rails
When: 20 Nov 16 14:18
does anybody think if the price had changed to 14s two seconds before
he would of got 14s
regards
ronnie
By:
impossible123
When: 20 Nov 16 14:34
From what I have been told and experienced 'a bet will be settled on the price on the ticket unless the bet has been placed incorrectly, very late and there has been a significant and material change in the price of the selection; a 3 sec late/delay/difference to the off-time (unless a dog race) is not as this could be due to the processing of the bet by staff / hardware / technology glitch; the reasoning / explanation of the manager of the shop to the office for this delay, and about the customer concerned also play an important role in the outcome.

Pursue the matter further with (a) the manager of the shop, (b) area manager, and head office (if necessary).
By:
hfink
When: 20 Nov 16 14:34
Good point ronnie; probably not.
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 20 Nov 16 14:43
ronnie how much do the sleepers come to in your shop for the year or someones you know
By:
ronnie rails
When: 20 Nov 16 14:45
hfink

more chance of the bet being translated at 14s, the punter get 12s guess where the other 400 goes, happens all the time and they will never learn.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 20 Nov 16 14:51
I can't really fault them for that. ^^^
By:
ronnie rails
When: 20 Nov 16 14:54
mad dog

Don't get on to me about sleepers, I would guess about 3k a year but if I know 100% that someone has a sleeper I let them know discreetly.

I let someone know a couple of weeks ago and they successfully collected £625 for the £1 they put on not that I even got a thank you.

the biggest fraud in bookies by a mile is the sleepers.
By:
roida
When: 20 Nov 16 15:02
if the price changed 3 seconds earlier how didnt it change when the cashier checked?

take it further.
By:
BennyBinion1
When: 20 Nov 16 15:10
I did a 20 quid 5 team acca last week, one team lets you down money back as free bet.

Obviously one team let me down, so did another 5 team acca with the 20 quid free bet, on same acca coupon.

Again for second time, one team let me down.

Went to get money back, as free bet but second acca classed as loser, saying I had used my free bet up.

Harsh I thought!
By:
casemoney
When: 20 Nov 16 15:10
Gorilla Glue
By:
Thegamestraightlol
When: 23 Nov 16 10:50
lastest rang customer services they gave ref number said reply within 72 hrs - they did - put decision in area managers hands - will go IBAS route , thanks for replies
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 23 Nov 16 10:55
Thegamesstraightlol, you may be able to contact 'Paul Haigh Total Respect' on this e-mail address:

betdisputeadvice@gmail.com

I found that on a thread from last year, hopefully it's the correct addy.
By:
Wildcat Army.
When: 23 Nov 16 11:13
3 seconds is very harsh, especially considering the state of affairs in shops these days, single manned, queue to get the bet on etc....

However, as discussed above, it's just the usual tactics for all bookmakers these days.
By:
insideinfo
When: 23 Nov 16 11:15
do not trust anything ladbrokes tell you.i once placed a bet in a ladbrokes shop,the bet went through fine.the price was unchanged when i left the shop(as i double checked).the horse subsequently was heavily backed and the trading room foned the shop and told the cashier/manager to change the price on my slip from 7/1 to 5/1.she was probably not meant to tell me this though,probably meant to fob me off with the same thing you have been told.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 23 Nov 16 11:25
Could do with instances like this getting into the national press, just the principle of it, so I would even consider contacting a national newspaper.

Though obviously it would have to be one that doesn't receive advertising revenue from them Plain
By:
Trident
When: 23 Nov 16 12:20
Call in On The Line ATR Monday 5:30. Talk to Matt at least get this behaviour onto national TV. Terrible practice from a multi multi million pound company
By:
toffee87
When: 24 Nov 16 10:54
the slip is your contract - simple as that

A similar thing happened to me in Laddies - I spoke to customer services - I said the slip is our contract - are you going to honour it or do I need to take it further

They honoured it
By:
maleuk01.
When: 24 Nov 16 11:25
Years ago when I started betting the bookies would let you place bets right up until they jumped the first Grin

And on the flat was always a couple of seconds after they had gone off they would take the bet.

The cashier would shout "no more bets", some of the races where well under way.

I remember greyhounds going off and there would be a few crowded getting their bets on just before and some just after the off, then the bookies would take the horse bets after that even if already off.

99.9% of punters in there weren't well i'll get my bet on if it breaks the stalls well etc. Bookies wanted to just get the money in the till.
By:
maleuk01.
When: 24 Nov 16 11:27
Also if say you where waiting to bet and the horse was say 5/2, and just as you got to the front it went to 9/4, they would just give you the 5/2 as you where in the queue when the price changed. Grin
By:
smartie3
When: 24 Nov 16 12:31
they were the golden days of bookmaking. I remember them well.
By:
bodey
When: 24 Nov 16 13:21
price until 1 go to arb
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 24 Nov 16 13:34
they were the golden days of bookmaking. I remember them well.

They were bookies then though and not the bean counters in charge today, they would give you the better odds knowing you would still do it in eventually. You had managers who knew the game etc (few and far between now). Hardly any restrictions like today and then they made a lot more money and Racing was thriving - may have something to do with taking actual bets? What a change to now, it's pretty ridiculous how much the whole industry has changed for the worse.
By:
toffee87
When: 24 Nov 16 14:02
the overrounds were pretty horrendous though in those days

remember footy coupons were minimum 5 folds if you included a home win

Done bookies (now b3tfred) started doing minimum trebles and everyone thought they were the dogs

so as much as we like to look back to the good old days - they weren't really
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 24 Nov 16 14:46
The overrounds with each book may have been pretty horrendous but most had an opinion so you could still get a price if you looked around. Now they are all linked to here and oddschecker etc.

If any of them go top price now (you would think they are top price to take money on that selection), and you then have the nreve to take it you are marked as being some sort of shrewdie/bank robber, and will soon be closed or restricted to pennies. The "traders" are an absolute joke nowadays and just clueless, and you can get most of them cut a price for literally asking for a 3 figure bet due to them sh1tting themselves.

I for one would much prefer being able to get a fair bet on an advertised price at 11/2 rather than being offered 83p at 6/1 and not a penny at anything shorter bar a manipulated SP.
By:
clacton
When: 24 Nov 16 14:53
Take them to a small claims court.
By:
swingwhenuwinning
When: 24 Nov 16 15:06
Staff error, they should of checked price
Unless u a big loser can't c the paying u

Guy who asked about sleepers. 3k per shop minimum
sort by:
Show