Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
30 Oct 16 12:24
| Topic/replies: 17,517 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
any bookmaker/newspaper still do a ten to follow comp for the jump season?.
used to enjoy the nanny comp, with some near misses over the years.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
timeless
When: 30 Oct 16 12:35
it was really good in the early years,

ever since they put it up to £10 an entry, it's gone downhill all the way !
By:
tomhunt
When: 30 Oct 16 12:59
mirror done the NH one last few years
By:
the dealer
When: 30 Oct 16 13:01
Pacemaker magazine did the first and best
By:
breadnbutter
When: 30 Oct 16 13:17
early days of the tote comp were good ,some massive pots .

used to faithfully buy the "sun guide to the jumps" Laugh and  fearlessly go head to head with the timeform glossy/hardback brigade and put them to the sword ...,well sometimes .

Had a couple of good years from small entries and briefly tagged onto the leaders going out on the final circuit but did not have enough horse under me and failed to see out the trip .

Although it quickly became apparent that multi entries with more than a smattering of inside info were hard if not impossible to beat.
was cheap fun and taught one how the better horses were campaigned and how they were NOT machines .
By:
acey deucy
When: 30 Oct 16 21:27
William Hill do one every year, it costs £2 a line and should start soon.
By:
the dealer
When: 30 Oct 16 21:35
doubt hills will do them this year, would be out by now and they are acting like they haven't got two bob to rub together
By:
acey deucy
When: 30 Oct 16 21:37
Fair enough i must enquire.
By:
the dealer
When: 30 Oct 16 21:40
let me know if they are Happy
By:
acey deucy
When: 30 Oct 16 21:41
Will DO.
By:
acey deucy
When: 30 Oct 16 21:45
Believe it or not i would probably have Won it the year they had the foot and mouth....I was well up the leaderboard with all the top Irish horses on my list.But of course they could not come over.Cry
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 30 Oct 16 22:31
pretty sure Hills are doing it because I had an email survey asking for ideas to improve it - theirs does n't start until Hennessy day and they promote it from the Monday after the Cheltenham Open meeting.

I enjoyed the ATR one more last year (probably because I thought I might win something, I did n't obviously!) - that starts on first day of Cheltenham Open Meeting.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 30 Oct 16 22:33
when I say I thought I might win something, I mean I was in contention to do so as opposed to blind optimism in the face of miniscule odds Happy
By:
sisyphus
When: 31 Oct 16 15:07
Hilliam Wills "the jumps" has been scrapped (reason given; due to restructuring) and will not be going ahead this NH season; most definitely not in the shops anyway. A decision on whether to do an online version has not been made as of yet, but they have straw polled previous patron's to see if and to what extent they would do be willing to participate online.
By:
warhan
When: 31 Oct 16 17:46
https://www.stable-stars.com/

and for you AW lovers like me

https://attheraces.racecaller.com/
By:
Somerset Sam
When: 31 Oct 16 17:50
£10k first prize? I'd rather pay a fiver to enter and get something more substantial to compete for.

IMHO of course.
By:
acey deucy
When: 31 Oct 16 18:06
One Transfer every week if you wish?...I dont like that format.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 31 Oct 16 20:03
Really miss this comp. With a Fanstasy aspect customary for all major sports nowadays it really feels like someone is missing a trick here
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com