Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sooty Bags
12 Oct 16 12:00
| Topic/replies: 37 | Blogger: Sooty Bags's blog
A good friend of mine rang Willy Tills to see why he hadn't received his money he withdrew from his account. Unfortunately he got an obnoxious, rude and damn right insulting representative on the phone. He basically said it was blocked until he emailed some ID. My friend said I'm not too good with computers I dont have an email address. His reply "Well if you're stupid and dont have an email account that's your fault!!!" Excuse me??? You cant talk to me like that. His reply- Well, it's tough- you've lost your money then- it's not my fault you're daft!!!!! Later in the conversation he just hung up on him. Ps my friend was not rude or swore at any point. Begs the question where are Tills getting their staff from him? And more importantly will this guy be brought to task? I very much doubt it??!!! Then they wonder why their shares are crashing through the floor if this is how they speak to their customers. Needless to say he'll never bet with them again- and- he was a golden egg to them who not only bet horses but also put his hard earned into them awful machines! He is in the process of trying to seive out this cretin and hopefully get him reprimanded!! Anybody else with similar experiences or advice?? Thanks in advance.......

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 29
By:
Callisto-moon
When: 12 Oct 16 12:06
Glue the locks.
By:
flukes
When: 12 Oct 16 12:27
Get in touch with the Daily Mail and see if they will run a story........
By:
Sooty Bags
When: 12 Oct 16 12:34
Do you think? Unless they get hold of the tape it's his word against theirs I suppose?
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 12 Oct 16 12:38
No excuse for anybody not to have an email address these days, to be honest.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 12 Oct 16 12:52
Not too good with computers, no email address but has an online betting account? Sounds a bit fishy to me.
By:
dopeyone
When: 12 Oct 16 12:54
^^Just what I was thinking^^
By:
Facts
When: 12 Oct 16 13:28
Clue is in the thread title imo.
By:
Ramruma
When: 12 Oct 16 13:33
Hills' behaviour is inexcusable but punters need to be aware that just opening up lots of accounts under false names is likely to run into this problem when the time comes to draw. The bookies will take advantage of the money-laundering laws (or KYC) to get at real identities before handing the dosh over, and might even refuse to pay if it turns out that Mr Smith and Mr Jones are really both Miss Brown.
By:
dave1357
When: 12 Oct 16 13:38
OP obv bragging that he has a friend imo
By:
Mikael D'Haguenet
When: 12 Oct 16 13:43
All phone calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
By:
impossible123
When: 12 Oct 16 14:11
Fwiw I was in a similar position after an antepost win but I had an email address and funded my account thro' Paypal. However, this was eventually resolved in my favour after I asked the bookie's 'verification department' to check with Electoral Roll to confirm my identity and place of abode.
By:
stewarts rise
When: 12 Oct 16 15:10
layingisthewayforward 12 Oct 16 12:52 Joined: 08 Sep 05 | Topic/replies: 2,239 | Blogger: layingisthewayforward's blog
Not too good with computers, no email address but has an online betting account? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Can't see anything that says he had an Online account, may have just had a Telephone account mightn't he, a lot of old boys have no interest in computers.
By:
Facts
When: 12 Oct 16 16:08
^ Ageist !! Reported !!!
By:
Sooty Bags
When: 13 Oct 16 09:54
Not a false name, just a run of the mill bog standard account. Loads of online bookies are asking for age verification now. It's just another way to make life difficult for the customer to draw their winnings in the hope you get fed up and "do it in" instead. Of course he had numerous deposits first but no ID was required!!!!!! Anyway the crux isn't that- he accepts he needs to send ID now which he subsequently has now, the clear issue is how the guy spoke to him. Totally unacceptable in any walk of life. But thanks for the feed back guys (the sensible ones that is lol) I accept that there is a lot of mischevious time wasters on here.
By:
dave1357
When: 13 Oct 16 10:18
I accept that there is a lot of mischevious time wasters on here.

Well you should have put "no time wasters innit" in your OP
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 13 Oct 16 10:21
Agree. I wouldn't have wasted my time posting if that caveat had been there.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Oct 16 10:39
Sooty Bags,

I was asked to verify my 'id' just as your friend had been but I refused as that would delay the transfer of money. Instead, I bombarded them with emails thro' an online customer service advisor and/or direct to the entity concerned; the Electoral Roll is a sufficient method for verification otherwise one's driving licence is another.

The way your friend was spoken to was wholly unjustified, unprofessional and unacceptable. Good luck!
By:
Sooty Bags
When: 13 Oct 16 10:44
Cheers Impossible 123! Yeah I wouldn't have thought of Electrol register. It is a moot point because surely ID should also be required on deposit as well (if they go down that road?) But yeah he literally couldn't believe his ears, just hope he doesn't let it slide because this chap is obviously only speaking to people like that because he is getting away with it!!!
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Oct 16 11:43
Sooty Bags,

Communication thro' emails or online advisor chat would leave a paper trail which are extremely important should further  assistance sought from a 3rd party eg Betting Ombudsman, Gaming Commission, etc. That was the main reason I did not communicate by telephone.

I asked why 'verification' was not sought at registration and prior to a win but was quoted (by entity) it was in the small print and within their 'right'. Nevertheless, I suggested the Electoral Roll if 'proof of id' was what they were after to check for residency (National), current place of abode, age, etc - this is more than adequate.

Good luck to your friend!
By:
Sooty Bags
When: 13 Oct 16 12:00
Thats great advice mate, will do!! Cheers Impossible you're a gent!!
By:
windmill
When: 14 Oct 16 12:54
Keep at it mate, tell him not to let it go. He needs bringing to task!!
By:
windmill
When: 14 Oct 16 13:11
Defo!!! Latest is, his neighbour kindly sent his documents for him, but they wont accept them because it's not his name appearing on the email lol!!
By:
the dealer
When: 14 Oct 16 13:13
jeez remember to change accounts LaughLaugh
By:
the dealer
When: 14 Oct 16 13:14
kinda embarassing if you dont
By:
the dealer
When: 14 Oct 16 13:16
just out of interest why would you want to do that in the first place?
By:
dave1357
When: 14 Oct 16 13:39
prob a mischevious sic time waster
By:
dave1357
When: 14 Oct 16 13:40
yes dave that will be it
By:
the dealer
When: 14 Oct 16 13:41
LaughLaugh