Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
eric_morris
16 Apr 16 21:51
| Topic/replies: 7,903 | Blogger: eric_morris's blog
2/5 to stay in
15/8 to leave

Incredible how the reason for politicians wanting us to stay in the EU is being missed completely by a misinformed public. As if that's not enough the main reason for coming out is being totally distracted from at the same time and the sneaky politicians are getting away with it.

As the majority of Westminster politicians are from wealthy backgrounds and predominantly Oxbridge educated they have family and friends in lofty positions in multi-national companies across the uk and retired relatives with lots of savings.

As has been amply demonstrated by the Tories and Labour before, by them allowing complex tax laws to confuse anyone other than the rich who can afford expensive accountants to help them avoid paying tax, there is one rule for 'them' and another for the rest of us. It is an assumption from birth that they deserve more coming from privileged backgrounds.

So, what makes rich people in business richer without any effort and a lot of help from politicians.

CHEAP LABOUR

This is the reason Tory politicians want immigration and The Bliarite government before them. Corbyn has left wing motiviations admittedly for wanting to help others however the powers that be in this country for decades have been on business visits to countries like India to agree how doors can be opened to provide cheaper labour to uk labour markets. Who benefits? Multinational companies with massively reduced wage bills without having to raise a finger can attain vast wage profits with a little help from their friends. Some of these MP friends will be promised positions on executive boards in the future.

The great thing for politicians is they love the goal being missed completely by the public. Complaints of too much immigration gives them an easy race card to play against dissentors while still getting their cheap labour through the back door in their hundreds of thousands and business profits increasing massively. Just as a cherry on top lets not charge them taxes let them avoid that as well oh yes life is fine and dandy for big businesses in the uk with the help of their buddies in parliament. Immigration is absolutely necessary especially from countries at war, however not in the current numbers which are forcing wage compression for the working person of all creeds and colours across the uk. So yes, it isnt a matter of racism but that accusation will be used if necessary to shut us all up because we are missing the real reason goal every time  - the wage profits of multi-nationals who contribute to party funds and have massive influence over politicians of both major parties.

The real reason the public should be debating for leaving the EU is simple and it isnt immigration which will always exist.

It is one word, the reason we drew up a Great Charter against King John all those years ago, Magna Carta. The rights of the small man to have rights enforcable by law, our own law. The King was accountable.

Nothing has changed since the middle ages this word existed then and since as citizens have been given the right to vote in and out those who represent their best interests. If they are a bad lot we can vote them out. The EU do not directly represent us as a nation and are largely unaccountable.

The word we are voting to save in a matter of weeks that we have fought for since the middle ages is

DEMOCRACY

dont lose it!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 402
By:
dukeofpuke
When: 17 Apr 16 01:18
i like your point and agree with it

let me make mine while i can rememmeber this from a EU yes on a point of the NHS it was on radio 5live (that well known left wing agenda BBC)

the stupid woman said this 'it would be bad for the NHS because we wouldnt be able to draw on labour from europe' to keep the NHS running

what she is really saying is this

we aint going to invest in training up nurses in our own country as thats far too expensive and time consuming

we will employ polish latvia czech etc already with 'so called EU nursing qualifications at no cost for our NHS training'

if that leaves those countries with severe nursing staff shortages is not mentioned
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 01:51
Exactly. It is far easier and far cheaper for multinational companies to hire cheaper labour than to train the local population to perform the same tasks. The successive governments are actively supporting this ploy from companies who should be investing in the skilling of all creeds and colours already in the uk.

Corbyn has shown his true colours by changing from years of being anti EU to pro EU now he is labour leader and has to keep the party donators in big business happy and supplied with such labour from the EU. The working man no longer has a representative voice in this country which is why Democracy needs preserving and allows us to keep voting them out until they do represent us properly. This cannot happen when we are in the EU.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 01:56
Corbyn claiming leaving the Eu will destroy workers rights is also patently divisive.

The more workers available for x positions, the less the wage that has to be offered by employers for those x positions and the less rights on offer.

The mass import of EU cheap labour is decimating workers rights as there is far more competition for employment.

It is basically the exact opposite of what Corbyn is claiming. Being in the EU with mass immigration is destroying workers rights. Supply and demand is how capitalism works. Hev and his big business party contributors achieving massive wage profits due to wage compression know fine well this is the case. The politicians are basically lying to the voting public as they hold us in contempt as predominently reality tv merchants who dont have a clue. In that respect we get what we deserve unfortunately.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 02:02
Wage compression of the working man due to oversupply of EU migrant workers and blind eyes being turned to multinational companies tax evasion are the new ways to vast profits for those with paid friends in parliament. The working man has no chance of prosperity in the EU.
By:
mrcombustible
When: 17 Apr 16 07:16
There is a politics forum. Please don't pollute this forum with politics. The Irish forum has been ruined because posters started political threads.
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 07:57
Very interesting read Eric and one i wholeheartedly agree with.Thanks for putting it on here.If it had been on the politics forum i wouldn't have bothered to have read it.
By:
mrcombustible
When: 17 Apr 16 08:17
So is it ok to put any subject on the horse racing forum?
By:
posy
When: 17 Apr 16 08:20
I'm certainly going to vote to stay in if for no other reason that Hungarian girls give great massages.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 17 Apr 16 08:32
You've just gone up a notch in my estimation, Posy! Wink

I don't understand it all, and I don't really want to either. I caught a piece on the news the other day saying that mortgages would probably go up if we did leave. I don't really fancy that happening.
By:
roggrain
When: 17 Apr 16 08:41
Anyone who believes a word spoken by a politician needs to take a long look in the mirror,s.kenbo.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 17 Apr 16 08:46
Louise Minchin told me that, not a fooking politician!
By:
roggrain
When: 17 Apr 16 08:54
Excellent post,eric. Almost thought I was reading something I would write!

Unfortunately the majority of people are afraid of change and don't think. They are easily swayed by the

scare mongering nonsense spouted by those who supposedly represent us in Parliament, who cow-tow to their

masters,the multi-nationals which feed their party coffers.

Democracy? We don't live in a democracy we live in a 'Corpocracy'(not in the dictionary,I've just coined it).
By:
posy
When: 17 Apr 16 08:59
rog...cow-tow made me laugh ...did you mean kowtow ??
By:
roggrain
When: 17 Apr 16 09:05
Yes posy! I wish I could claim I did it intentionally but it was a typo.
By:
seaside
When: 17 Apr 16 09:08
One word from Seaside

OUT
By:
sparrow
When: 17 Apr 16 09:29
To the left of the page is a menu and if you scroll down you will find the "Politics Forum".
By:
sparrow
When: 17 Apr 16 09:31
Other
Specials
General Betting
Chit Chat
Politics
Tradefair & Financials
Your Competitions
Developers
Labs Chat
By:
holywell
When: 17 Apr 16 09:38
Agreed sparrow, but, as I'm here I'll say the betting says it all, we will stay in, thankfully.
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 09:41
What a plank^
By:
holywell
When: 17 Apr 16 09:42
^ why ?
By:
swift-tuttle
When: 17 Apr 16 09:45
that's an interesting one about the betting
favs in politics betting are on a roll especially since the last general election result (where the polls got it badly wrong) and the Scottish referendum result

but that doesn't mean (imo) that every poll result in future is going to go the way of the favourite
because that doesn't make sense in betting markets terms
By:
sparrow
When: 17 Apr 16 10:03
twizzle22    Joined: 05 Apr 11
Replies: 3747 17 Apr 16 07:57 
Very interesting read Eric and one i wholeheartedly agree with.Thanks for putting it on here.If it had been on the politics forum i wouldn't have bothered to have read it.

Says it all really and he calls other forum users a "plank".
By:
holywell
When: 17 Apr 16 10:13
Yes sparrow, why call another forumite a plank because they have a different view to their own.

I will be out for a drink later with people who agree with my view on Europe and some who disagree with me and not one of them will call me a plank. Of course this is an anonymous forum so that sort of response is always possible.
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 10:17
Get a room you two.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 10:19
This is a forum where most people will trust the market over what racing insiders, trainers etc might tell them. They know the market rarely lies from past experience on here.

Politics is the same, you only trust what you see you are getting over what politicians might tell you that you are getting (and going to get). You know what you are getting, wage compression, doesn't lie by looking ar wage rises that either dont exist or are ludicrously low, 1% etc while big multinationals supported by politicians take the rest of the % of your rises due to cheap imported EU labour. That is if you are lucky enough to get a job as wage levels actually drop. That will effect your family in real terms.

Dont be fooled by the recent rise in minimum wage either. That is just to protect the cheap labour from ruthless emploers here to keep the cheap labour train running on time.
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 10:21
They may not call you a plank holywell but pound to a penny they will think you're one.Laugh
By:
swift-tuttle
When: 17 Apr 16 10:30
There has to be cheap labour.

The alternative to that is an economy that doesn't work.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 10:33
While your wages are being compressed with 1% rises or none at all the multinationals are screwing you over twice. Once, as discussed with help from their paid politician puppets to oversupply the working marketplace and secondly by raising the prices of their wares well above the rate of inflation.

Again, what you see is what you get an example being the recent rise from Sky tv. These are also corroding the working mans wage now from both ends.

Voting OUT is a a start to reversing this, voting IN will accelerate it.

If we vote in i predict there will be mass emmigration to countries like Australia who have no class system, no them and us, where everyone has an equal chance of getting an honest wage.
By:
TheVis
When: 17 Apr 16 10:42
I'd trust the money in the market over opinion polls and media every time. The most laughable of late was TV calling last US election "too close to call" when Obama was about 7s on and shortening on here.
By:
posy
When: 17 Apr 16 10:46
Vote Out and get an end to cheap labour therefore prices go up,inflation rears its head and we go back to being a basket case economy.

Don't like the sound of that ? Neither do I...Vote to Stay in
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 10:49
Plenty of 2/5 shots get turned over and if so would give me the greatest pleasure of my betting life.
By:
twizzle22
When: 17 Apr 16 10:50
Dozy posyLaugh
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 10:50
I think you are missing the point that the multinationals are taking the difference in wages and not giving anything back in tax. This is legalised corruption with the help of politicians. The working man of all creeds and colours is getting poorer and struggling to find work to feed their families as a result while the rich heads of corporations buy a bigger yacht than they need.

You may be happy with that.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 10:53
Those were the taxes that used to pay for the NHS, schools and keep the working man going. The Tories and Labour politicians dont need these services as they go private and dont see why they should pay for them in taxes. There is no protection in the EU for the working man to keep them going as it is eroding our democracy which gives us the right to vote them out.
By:
terry mccann
When: 17 Apr 16 10:58
eric ive no doubt you are right and if you are then how on earth would we allowed to leave? it aint gonna happen!
By:
saddo
When: 17 Apr 16 11:07
It is not in our interest to do well economically. The better we do and the higher our minimum wage, the more people will flock here from poorer nations. There are other skint countries queuing to get in and then there is Merkel's promise to the Turks. We are already at bursting point regarding health and housing.

OUT imo.
By:
posy
When: 17 Apr 16 11:08
I generally don't trust politicians and certainly not Labour ones who are a bunch of muddle headed Marxists dreaming of this country being turned into a Maoist style Collective and ends up dirt poor.

I'd far prefer being governed by Germany;fed by France and massaged by Hungary.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 11:09
I know Terry. The public will believe the propaganda and stay in. Parties that support coming out also know this which is why Farage is keeping a low profile imo he knows his battle is lost.

It just amazes me how left wing organizations like the BBC have managed to suppress the real reasons behind MP's wanting us to stay in. The BBC are motivated by increasing multi-culturism obviously (Corbyn's other reason also after keeping party donators happy) so are going along with it for their own reasons in bed with the Tories when they would normally be trying to tear each others hair out.
By:
eric_morris
When: 17 Apr 16 11:13
saddo..

You have to argue the correct point or you will have the race card thrown at you by politicians and the BBC. Dont you see that? They want you to do that rather than bring the politicians and their paid relationship with multinational company greed merchants to task. They are actually loving you moving the argument to immigrants taking up our schools and our nhs etc loving it!

We need to get the right argument. There will always be immigration, always has been always will be, but not in these numbers which is politically motivated as above. Take this argument to them and they will sh1t themselves as you will be on target.
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com