Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 240 comments are related to the topic:
Smarkets

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 240
By:
Kelly Brook
When: 09 Apr 16 01:02
Additionally Pete, i'd definitely put a call out for or pm the forumite Paul Haigh - Total Respect
he has a proven track record on here helping others to overturn unfair bookie decisions. I'm certain he'd be interested in your predicament.
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 11:56
Thanks Kelly..
did also reply to my last email from smarkets , showing them there own rules of betting..

25.You are fully responsible for the bets placed on Smarkets. Smarkets will never question you about the relevance of the bets you wish to place and will not be held responsible for mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including the stake amounts, price or side of the bet.

As thanks you show me , no reply yet ...also did read many other storys on the net about them stealing cancelling bets!, and also when i did talk to there head of business the Dave he inform me thats many bets do get canceled on all the exchanges from the purple to here ..lol
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 09 Apr 16 12:08
If the horse had won would they have still voided the bet?

Small beer in that event, but that's not the point.
By:
dom888
When: 09 Apr 16 12:16
I never had a problem with them. Only 2 % commission and no charge.
According to their rules you should be paid out but morally you are the thief who wants odds of 100 for something that was much much shorter.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 09 Apr 16 12:19
I can't see how smarkets has got a leg to stand on here.

If someone's account was hacked and the had horse won what then, would they have returned your losses?
The responsibility for protecting accounts from hackers lies with either smarkets or the account holders themselves. Nothing to do with the punter who takes the bet.

The punter here put his money on the line and it was accepted.
Voiding the winning bet after the event is too late and leaves the ruling open to abuse.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 09 Apr 16 12:23
would they have returned your losses?

Or even told informed you about the matter?
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 13:22
domm88

but morally you are the thief who wants odds of 100 for something that was much much shorter.

So wrong , i never put up asking silly prices on lays all to bet , the 1.01 was waiting to be laid with nothing there to back, who would not take that bet ?, as its a exchange all bets stand what ever the price is , if someones bot gone wrong not my problems ..and what would have happen if it had won sure i not been telling you all what went on...

you right what you say about there rules , but they seem to change them to suit themselves ..but hope you never have a problem with them, yes the 2 o/o com did get me there like you, but read the other storys on the net ...
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 09 Apr 16 13:59
but morally you are the thief who wants odds of 100 for something that was much much shorter

a price is put up for a back or lay bet , it is up to you/us to take the bet or leave it .

nothing more , nothing less
By:
Baby Jesus
When: 09 Apr 16 15:39
Maybe domm88 doesn't understand how exchanges work if he thinks you're a thief because smarkets have been too lazy to program their bots correctly.  Seems to me the only thieves in this situation are smarkets waiting til the events finished and voiding the bet because they've cocked up and it didn't go their way, bet if the outcome was different you wouldn't have heard a thing.

£3K isn't even that big an amount, I've messed up and lost 4 figures before cos of fat fingers/trap bets and didn't Bayes drop about £60K from an error on the tennis? At the end of the day either smarkets security is so crap they're easily hacked and should be informing people or someone's weak password is at fault which should be their tough luck not yours. Try Kelly's suggestion as IBAS are pretty much toothless and will just side with smarkets as they'll be paying their wages.
By:
tomhunt
When: 09 Apr 16 15:41
make as much noise on twitter if you can pete,organisations hate it
By:
jamesdean
When: 09 Apr 16 15:46
They should pay up pete.

Out of interest, why didn't you take the whole 20k worth?
By:
freddiewilliams
When: 09 Apr 16 15:48
guy on ere....meant to lay both players in tennis.....backed em both by mistake at 1.05.....lost 80k......obvious error to everyone.......rang betfair to refund...no chance......even asked betfair to ring the man who profited from it....no chance
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 15:56
You right babby jesus , will latter today put up a tread asking for Paul Haigh..
Only email IBAS yesterday , will ring them also monday..

Still no reply from smarkets sent them there rules

25..You are fully responsible for the bets placed on Smarkets. Smarkets will never question you about the relevance of the bets you wish to place and will not be held responsible for mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including the stake amounts, price or side of the bet

Wonder why ? Shocked
By:
Westender
When: 09 Apr 16 16:04
smarkets  is a tinpot bucket of shyte that should be avoided
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 16:08
jamesdean ...i not take all 20k was not fast enough

Market settled - To win in 6 furlongs Flat
Horse Racing / 15:40 / To win in 6 furlongs Flat
08/04/2016 15:43:10    —    —    -£22.00    £3,302.75    £3,895.32
Bet won - Sell Thatsallimsaying
08/04/2016 15:42:54    £666.00    1.01    -£55.70    —    £592.57
08/04/2016 15:42:54    £1,111.00    1.01    -£55.70    —    £592.57
08/04/2016 15:42:54    £1,111.00    1.01    -£55.70    —    £592.57
08/04/2016 15:42:54    £482.15    1.01    -£55.70    —    £592

Debited: 15:40 Leicester - Bets Voided (15: 40 Leicester - bets voided)    08/04/2016 16:15:10    —    —    -£3,302.75    £570.57
By:
jamesdean
When: 09 Apr 16 16:17
3.3k still a good sum. Not often they come along

odds on you'll get paid out btw
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 16:22
well hopes so James, 15 years ive done all the exchanges never have had a problem until now..
but will take it as far as i can !!!!!!!!!...
By:
Baby Jesus
When: 09 Apr 16 17:01
Pete, you should post this in the general betting section of the forum too, threads don't drop off as quickly on there and plenty of clued up punters on their don't necessarily play the nags so won't see it. People like feck and the magician plus plenty of others will be able to steer you in the right direction.
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 09 Apr 16 22:36
Thanks baby jesus, will do later just also put up a tread asking for paul haigh advice..
Also never did today get a reply from smarkets regards there rule 25

25.You are fully responsible for the bets placed on Smarkets. Smarkets will never question you about the relevance of the bets you wish to place and will not be held responsible for mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including the stake amounts, price or side of the bet.
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 09 Apr 16 22:47
I would never let this go, they cannot void a market because of someone elses mistake (we have all done it, that's tough luck). Even if they go down the route of saying someones accounts has been hacked or whatever it is, that isn't your problem. If anything they should recompensate the other person. Going by comments they seem to void when and where they want at a regular occurrence - so they probably come out with that line to all the other voided bets. Ask how many accounts have been hacked and how unsafe is your account with card details etc.

Personally I would post this all over the net on forums, social media and get in contact with a journalist.
By:
Paul Haigh - Total Respect
When: 10 Apr 16 09:04
I've read the T&Cs of Smarkets, and as a result am more than happy to pursue this on your behalf pilgrim pete if you email me at betdisputeadvice@gmail.com

I'd be very confident of getting you your winnings.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 10 Apr 16 09:07
Have you ever dealt with exchange queries before, Paul? I'm not doubting your credentials by asking that btw, you're the first man I'd come to if I needed help.
By:
Paul Haigh - Total Respect
When: 10 Apr 16 09:15
Had a case against an exchange which will have a significant bearing on this case imo.

It was submitted to IBAS for tactical reasons and they ruled in favour of the exchange.
By:
YOMOMMA
When: 10 Apr 16 10:58
Leave them alone. They are only a small betting exchange. 2% commission and no hidden charges. What more do you want?

botfair voided voler la vedette for no reason. Matchbook have t + c's where they void if the bots go wrong.

Smarkets is the best of a bad bunch.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 10 Apr 16 11:01
LaughLaughLaugh
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 10 Apr 16 12:57
Paul Haigh

I just emailed you ,thank you...
By:
dave1357
When: 10 Apr 16 13:55
fwiw I have never heard of a case where anyone whose internet poker account was hacked getting their funds back.  Pstars has even tried to make players liable for fraudulent funds deposited in their account!
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 11 Apr 16 14:41
At last a reply from smarkets

Wont answer my question about rule 25 ..

You are fully responsible for the bets placed on Smarkets. Smarkets will never question you about the relevance of the bets you wish to place and will not be held responsible for mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including the stake amounts, price or side of the bet.

Smarkets reply to my question :(((

Smarkets
Hi 

Thanks for your email. Could you please elaborate on that part of that email you are particularly looking for a reply to? As stated previously we took the decision to void these bets as they were the result of the opposing party's account being compromised. This will be our final decision on the matter but we will of course assist IBAS fully if and when they are in contact with us.

Kind regards,
David
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 11 Apr 16 14:57
1) if the other sides account was compromised due to smakets rubbish security , then they may have a point . if it was the customers fault , it is not for smarkets to void them bets as it is the users fault .

2) how will they go about proving to you that the account was compromised and not just a bot gone wrong ?

3) have they involved the police ? because whoever was involved in the so called hack would surely have had another account on smarkets to lay as much of the 1.01 to take advantage of the hack , to possibly green up on here or elsewhere
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 11 Apr 16 15:08
Pablo they wont tell nothing ,wont answer my question about rule 25 ..
No proof to me account hacked, nothing about police

And if accounts there are being hacked ?, why nothing on there site warning people, press etc ?...
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 11 Apr 16 15:09
You should also point out to them their T&C terms 15 & 17

15) You must keep your login credentials secret at all times, and you remain solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your account.

17) If a bet is placed using your username and password, the bet will be considered to have been made by you and therefore once accepted by us, it shall be considered valid.
By:
pilgrim pete
When: 11 Apr 16 15:19
Ghetto

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

So rule 15,17 and 25 we have , will also send that ...
By:
Ghetto Joe
When: 11 Apr 16 15:35
Even their own Betting Rule t&c's show, the others come under account t&c's

Betting Rules

15. A mistake regarding the details of a bet placement will not influence the validity of the bet.

25. You are fully responsible for the bets placed on Smarkets. Smarkets will never question you about the relevance of the bets you wish to place and will not be held responsible for mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including the stake amounts, price or side of the bet.

You really need to be asking them under which part of their t&c rules you've breached for them to be voiding your bet, the other person, if they even exist, is irrelevant to you as your bets will always be against smarkets as the registered bookie and not this fictitious 'hacked' party. They've pretty much shot themselves in the foot by making up this story of a hacked account as everything in their rules shows they other party is liable for their own security.
By:
s.kenbo
When: 11 Apr 16 17:45
Some good finds there, Joe.

Good luck, Pete. Let us know how you're getting on, this sounds winnable to me.
By:
bettinghelp
When: 11 Apr 16 21:20
This was tweeted today...

"Hi @smarkets I think this rule is a tad unfair:

We reserve the right to void any bet for any reason before or after the event has occurred."

Is this a new clause they've inserted in their T&Cs to wriggle out of pilgrimpete's  claim? And even if not, who in their right minds would ever place a bet with them ever again?

This industry is now swamped with spivs and scammers.
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 11 Apr 16 21:33
If this is in their T&Cs now I would put money on it that it has been added since yesterday - because if it hadn't the ones who went over their T&Cs would have seen it yesterday wouldn't they? If it has been added since his dispute I would be contacting the newspapers.

How or why anyone would place a bet with them is beyond me after reading this thread alone. As said above the industry is full of chancers now who will do anything to avoid paying out, Betfraud included in that statement.
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 11 Apr 16 23:57
Sorry to put a dampener on things but if the OP (or any of us for that matter) had been trying to lay a bet at say 5.0 for a tenner and for some reason it matched it at 50.0 for a tenner and won, would we just accept that?
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 12 Apr 16 00:03
yes
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 12 Apr 16 00:16
Really pablo-fanque? You must be a very relaxed and understanding type and no doubt then you are happy to pay 10 times the price of everyone else for everything in any stores too? 

Call me old fashioned but when I click on lay odd of 5.0 for a tenner then that's the amount of liability I want and expect to be risking, or else I'd have clicked on odds of 5.0 for £100. By the same token if I pick up a £1 loaf of bread in a shop and they ring it up as £10 on the till, oddly enough I don't just hand over a £10 and walk out with it.
By:
dave1357
When: 12 Apr 16 08:43
ima_mazed66 - you are presumably describing a software error.  There was no software error.  The bets (if smarkets are to be believed) were properly placed but the account was hacked.
Page 2 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com