Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RyanWe
12 Feb 16 00:12
| Topic/replies: 32,652 | Blogger: RyanWe's blog
Friday

Always On The Run - 2.05 at Kempton - 6/1 with a few books, 7.2 on betfair

Missed the party a bit here, too busy crying over more odds on in running losers, but the show must goes on. Someone else pointed this horse out to me (TheSecret), absolutely loved this horse's first run for Tom George on New Year's Eve. It was his first run over fences, crazy fresh, too keen, but jumped like a bunny. I really think this horse is going to be a lot better over fences, and although he's bred to stay 3 miles, I do think dropping to 16f is the right thing to do if you're not going to put him in a hood. He ran such a nice race at Warwick, and it doesn't look like much was expected, because he was sent off at 12/1 - whether that was because of fitness, or doubts about the ground, I'm not sure, but he'll be getting some better ground tomorrow, and these other trainers have all been doing so well with these ex McCain horses, that I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Hopefully.. Just blast him from the front, catch me if you can, a bit like when they had Stellar Notion, Nacarat etc etc they love their front runners at Kempton.

Saturday

Modus in the Betfair hurdle - Currently 11.0 on betfair

He's only top price 7/1 with the books at the moment, sure to drift out with them if he stays at this price, but this whole reaction of Bazza picking that Mullins horse is way over the top.

Where do I start with Modus?

2nd in the Champion bumper last season, had Yanworth behind him in 4th, and the rest. A fine 3rd in the Punchestown bumper too.

Both of these runs were achieved with a pretty average trainer in Robert Stephens, sorry Stevo.

JP buys him, whacks him with Nicholls. Wins easily on his first two starts, but throws a bad one in when last seen on heavy ground. Not that it was terrible, but it was still disappointing. It wouldn't come as a surprise to hear that the stable strike rate was 10% in December, something rarely seen for the champion trainer.

The stable are flying again now though, 33%. Even the horses losing are running crackers.

He's got a mark of 139, which looks lenient to me. He beat Charmix off levels pretty cosily, and I know that horse has improved for stepping up in trip but the handicapper thinks he's 145 rated. Charmix beat Emerging Force by 38 lengths, and we saw him win a handicap off 129 today. I know Emerging Force might of ran below par that day, and he probably improved for the step up in trip too today, but there is just so many horses that Modus has beat that make him look a horse who could turn out to be top class.

I suppose there is question marks over the horse on heavy ground, we don't know if that's what we are going to get yet. A dry day tomorrow, and it might chuck it down on Saturday, but at least it will be sloppy ground, not tacky.

I think the horse is miles better than his mark of 139. I know other horses are probably chucked in too, but I feel like there is a lot more to come.
Pause Switch to Standard View Some Guesses For.. The Next Few Days
Show More
Report PHS November 15, 2020 3:58 PM GMT
Had to do a double to get on Secret CourtConfused else win only £5.
Report PHS November 15, 2020 4:29 PM GMT
Mon Switchers

No winners today

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike   
    Foreshore        17:00        Kempton        Burke, K R        Madgwick, M        12%        7%   
    Brute Force        17:00        Kempton        Kubler, Daniel        Teal, R A        13%        10%   
    Trinity Girl        18:30        Kempton        Johnston, M        Macey, Jessica        17%        #N/A   
    Gavlar        18:30        Kempton        Knight, W J        Attwater, M J        14%        7%   
    Divine Consent        19:00        Kempton        Haggas, W J        Butler, John        22%        11%   
    Broughtons Flare         20:30        Kempton        McBride, P J        West, Adam        11%        8%   
    Vincents Forever        14:10        Wolverhampton        Leech, Mrs S        Stephens, Robert        4%        8%   
    Quaint         14:10        Wolverhampton        Morrison, H        Gallagher, J        16%        11%   
    Fard        14:10        Wolverhampton        Dunnett, Mrs C A        Blake, Michael        5%        12%   
    Secret Court         13:30        Leicester        Dickin, R        Allwood, S        7%        20%   
    Plusdargent         14:30        Leicester        Scott, Miss Katie        Coulson, Jake Thomas        3%        3%   
    Atailof Two Cities         14:30        Leicester        Fellowes, Charlie        Greatrex, W J        #N/A        14%   
    Soldiers Hill         12:45        Plumpton        Elliott, Gordon        Murphy, Olly        16%        19%   
    Sandycove Island         13:50        Plumpton        Tierney, Ruaidhri Joseph        York, P        4%        7%   
    Annieareyouok        13:50        Plumpton        Brooke, Lady Susan        Young, Maxwell        4%        #N/A   
    Darling Alko         14:20        Plumpton        Twiston-Davies, N A        Bulgin, T S M        15%        #N/A   
    Rebel Collins         14:50        Plumpton        Mulholland, N P        York, P        13%        7%   
    Black Centaur         14:50        Plumpton        Walford, Robert        Gordon, C        10%        14%   
    Man Of Steel         15:50        Plumpton        Hill, Alan        Hill,Mrs Lawney         17%        15%   
Report PHS November 15, 2020 4:30 PM GMT
^Murphy 24%
Report foxcovert November 15, 2020 4:58 PM GMT
Hey finally I can post. WD with the winner Saturday Ryan, of course I backed the other one which managed to get itself beat on the line, unlucky. I've been in shocking form myself so have no confidence to put any fancies up. I do look on here most days but half the time I can never post on the forum. Cry
Report RyanWe November 16, 2020 8:06 AM GMT
Have put some on Episode (9/1) in the Secret Court race too.

Gary Moore horse who was out the back on chase debut over 16f. Previous to that he ran a cracking 2l 3rd to Imperial Elysian over 21f at Kempton - who is now 22lb higher rated.

Back up in trip to 22f today, and on the same mark as that great effort - he’s certainly one I want to keep on side today
Report RyanWe November 16, 2020 8:11 AM GMT
PHS - I wouldn’t mind proving the stats wrong, some times they don’t tell the full story. Pump is on another forum but I can’t remember what it was called.

Good to see you Fox. I am still crying over that loser, what can yer do.
Report PHS November 16, 2020 9:45 AM GMT
RyanWe • November 16, 2020 8:06 AM GMT
Have put some on Episode (9/1) in the Secret Court race too.

Gary Moore horse who was out the back on chase debut over 16f. Previous to that he ran a cracking 2l 3rd to Imperial Elysian over 21f at Kempton - who is now 22lb higher rated.

Back up in trip to 22f today, and on the same mark as that great effort - he’s certainly one I want to keep on side today

Just a reminder (and to show someone's reading), after you did so well with the she's on Secret Court, this is a Mares only race.
Report PHS November 16, 2020 9:58 AM GMT

Nov 16, 2020 -- 9:11AM, RyanWe wrote:

PHS - I wouldn’t mind proving the stats wrong, some times they don’t tell the full story. Pump is on another forum but I can’t remember what it was called.Good to see you Fox. I am still crying over that loser, what can yer do.

Re: Allwood (Secret Court), he's 0-12 with FTO NH switchers, from an admittedly short career. 4 of the 12 PU and 1 fell. 2nd of 7 was his best result with the horse you mentioned. Mantou was his only other switcher winner when extending the net to 1-3 run NH switchers; none of those were pulled up/fell but didn't place either.

Report RyanWe November 16, 2020 10:45 AM GMT
I don’t think Allwood has hit a winner for the season either, but it’s hard to get more winners on the board without new stock, so hopefully this will be the start Grin
Report PHS November 16, 2020 10:53 AM GMT
FTO switcher and LTO winner Fard (14:10W) looks worth a small bet at 16 and 4.2 on here (was 7/1 last night and the books have yet to fully catch up with BF). Blake's switchers go well FTO even if they don't win and Megan is 4-11-24 for him (Flat & AW). Won over 6f LTO but has run well over 7f before.
Report RyanWe November 16, 2020 10:58 AM GMT
Episode has been injected with Testosterone, and they have put some balls on too as it Xmas soon - now he cannae lose.
Report PHS November 16, 2020 12:40 PM GMT

Nov 16, 2020 -- 11:45AM, RyanWe wrote:

I don’t think Allwood has hit a winner for the season either, but it’s hard to get more winners on the board without new stock, so hopefully this will be the start

A quick look at his runners for 2019/20 (first full season?) reveals that he had no winners and only one placer from his first 16 runners up to 8th Nov, yet still ended up with a 21% strike rate from 43 runners for the season.

Report foxcovert November 16, 2020 1:20 PM GMT
Think Allwood only got his full licence last year prior to that he was PTP trainer and switched Mantou from his PTP licence to rules. Quite a small yard GL with both
Report PHS November 16, 2020 3:09 PM GMT
Tue Switchers

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike   
    Desert Dream        17:45        Newcastle        Easterby, M W        Spencer, Seb        15%        0%   
    Prophecy        19:15        Newcastle        Tinkler, N        Fitzgerald, T J        13%        8%   
    Absolute Altitude        14:50        Southwell        Walker, Ed        Davies, Miss Sarah-Jayne        21%        0%   
    Pearl Of India        15:20        Southwell        Brisland, Robyn        Appleby, M        10%        12%   

Appleby 15%
Report RyanWe November 17, 2020 1:14 PM GMT
SC was a bit unlucky yesterday, although probably wouldn’t have placed.
Report djx1969. November 17, 2020 2:31 PM GMT
oh its finally letting me post
Report djx1969. November 17, 2020 2:31 PM GMT
oh its finally letting me post
Report djx1969. November 17, 2020 2:32 PM GMT
2.33 fakes ... a little chaos
Report djx1969. November 17, 2020 2:32 PM GMT
2.33 fakes ... a little chaos
Report RyanWe November 17, 2020 5:51 PM GMT
Done a few tomorrow, some prices are tight, some are great
Report RyanWe November 17, 2020 5:53 PM GMT
In the 3.25 at Ffos I’ve done two..

Newlands Cross 16s tops

8 year old gelding who had the five runs with Olly Murphy, brought along steadily for handicaps, but only had the one start in them when a fair 5th over this CD on ground just a bit too lively for this stayer.

We haven’t seen him for two years, but he’s fallen another 6lb, and Tudor claims a handy 5lb too. His new stable seem to be hitting some real form, and he looks like a horse who would really enjoy a test like tomorrow
Report RyanWe November 17, 2020 5:54 PM GMT
Silent Man, price is OK at 6s

We haven’t seen this gelding for a few years under rules, but he bolted up off a mark of 88 by 23 lengths, and put in several solid performances around a mark of 100.

He’s had two PTPs recently, finishing second in both, and it actually looks pretty good form. He had multiple PTP winners around him, and some good benchmark horses under rules behind him in Waterloo Warrior (117), and Gold Mountain (99).

He’s since moved stable to the excellent Tom Lacey, and the handicapper has been kind in dropping him back to 88. Furthermore, his regular PTP jock is on claiming 7lb too, so he’s effectively off just 81 here.

I think it will take a good one to stop him if we take this at face value
Report PHS November 17, 2020 6:25 PM GMT

Nov 17, 2020 -- 2:14PM, RyanWe wrote:

SC was a bit unlucky yesterday, although probably wouldn’t have placed.

Avoided the faller well but lost momentum. Got back into contention easily, but you think it cost him?

Report PHS November 17, 2020 7:03 PM GMT
Wed Switchers

Lord Rapscallion         18:55        Kempton        Murtagh, J P        Williams, S C        0%        17%   
    Almodovar         18:55        Kempton        Charlton, R        Walker, Ed        14%        21%   
    Hill Sixteen        14:15        Ffos Las        Smith, Mrs S J        Twiston-Davies, N A        13%        15%   
    Silent Man         15:25        Ffos Las        Weston, T H        Lacey, T        9%        21%   
    Newlands Cross         15:25        Ffos Las        Murphy, Olly        Williams, Christian        19%        10%   
    Duhallow Tornado         14:30        Hexham        Pimlott, O J        Fitzgerald, T J        #N/A        4%   
    France De Reve         15:05        Hexham        Henderson, N J        Haslam, B M R        26%        12%   
    Love At Dawn         15:40        Hexham        Niven, P D        Murtagh, Barry        7%        3%   

Lacey 27%
Williams, S C 2-8-18
Report RyanWe November 18, 2020 8:13 AM GMT

Nov 17, 2020 -- 7:25PM, PHS wrote:

Nov 17, 2020 --  2:14PM, RyanWe wrote:SC was a bit unlucky yesterday, although probably wouldn’t have placed.Avoided the faller well but lost momentum. Got back into contention easily, but you think it cost him?

Well it knocked her out of her rhythm too I thought, but we’ll see what the future brings - although I don’t see the rush in chasing, looked fine over hurdles.

Report RyanWe November 18, 2020 8:15 AM GMT
The problem with this Silent Man today is.. Lacey has made it pretty clear on his blog that he doesn’t actually train the horse. But the jock is an amateur for the yard, so maybe she gallops it there, who knows, but I’m pretty sure a few rules are being broken here Whoops
Report RyanWe November 18, 2020 8:45 AM GMT
I’ve done the 2.40 at Warwick, but it really is hard to be confident on just one horse, as nothing looks that well handicapped.

One horse’s price I really didn’t get what Kozier, he’s had enough chances off around this mark, and his flat ability would compound that fact - so if that wins, then I am clearly missing something.
Report foxcovert November 18, 2020 1:08 PM GMT
Reckon Ms Whittle rides and trains Silent Man at the Lacey yard, can only be a + sign that she wants to step up under rules, I doubt he'd run it in his name if he thought it would make a show of him.
Reckon Ms Whittle rides and trains Silent Man at the Lacey yard, can only be a + sign that she wants to step up under rules, I doubt he'd run it in his name if he thought it would make a show of him.
Report foxcovert November 18, 2020 1:09 PM GMT
Report foxcovert November 18, 2020 1:13 PM GMT
ffs know you see why i dinna botherAngry
Report rekab November 18, 2020 3:33 PM GMT
Well done Ryan, think you may have agonised about this one?
Report RyanWe November 18, 2020 3:34 PM GMT
I thought it had a great chance on ptp form, just whether it was going to receive the Lacey boost
Report Macintoshmatty November 18, 2020 3:37 PM GMT
good pick Ryan, alarming drift on the other one
Report RyanWe November 18, 2020 3:39 PM GMT
They seemed to know with the other one Crazy
Report rekab November 18, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
I thought she rode it very well. Happy
Report PHS November 18, 2020 4:18 PM GMT
Great stuff again AndrewCool
Report PHS November 18, 2020 5:01 PM GMT
Wed Switchers

Parish Academy         16:00        Chelmsford City        Harris, M F        McJannet, Luke        27%        8%   
    Transition        16:30        Chelmsford City        Perrett, Mrs A J        Parr, Joseph        9%        50%   
    Count Of Amazonia         16:30        Chelmsford City        Hannon , Richard        Botti, M        #N/A        12%   
    Passional        18:30        Chelmsford City        Crisford, Simon        Williams, S C        23%        17%   
    Marwari         19:30        Chelmsford City        Weld, D K        Easterby, M W        #N/A        15%   
    Feldspar        20:00        Chelmsford City        Perrett, Mrs A J        Dalgleish, Keith        9%        11%   
    Love Your Work         15:20        Newcastle        Fitzgerald, T J        Keniry, Stef        8%        6%   
    Benefit Street         16:50        Newcastle        Burke, K R        Cowell, R M H        12%        13%   
    Singininthevalleys        15:03        Market Rasen        Evans, H J        Evans, R        7%        #N/A   
    Sauchiehall Street         15:03        Market Rasen        Brooke, Julia        Brooke, Daniel        9%        #N/A   
    Getaway Jewel         15:03        Market Rasen        Dreaper, J T R        Hammond, Micky        13%        10%   
    Iron Mike        12:10        Wincanton        Dalgleish, Keith        Mitchell, Nick        19%        6%   
    De Young Warrior        12:40        Wincanton        Boanas, Miss G        Scott, J        7%        15%   
    Arcadian Spring         12:40        Wincanton        Whittington, H        Lavelle, Miss E C        16%        15%   
    Sashenka         13:10        Wincanton        Kirk, S        Scudamore, M J        #N/A        12%   
    Dhowin         13:40        Wincanton        ONeill, Jonjo        Greatrex, W J        12%        14%   
    Dell Oro         13:40        Wincanton        Moore, G L        Steele, Daniel        13%        2%   
Report PHS November 18, 2020 5:02 PM GMT
oops! I'll just post that again

Thu Switchers

Parish Academy         16:00        Chelmsford City        Harris, M F        McJannet, Luke        27%        8%   
    Transition        16:30        Chelmsford City        Perrett, Mrs A J        Parr, Joseph        9%        50%   
    Count Of Amazonia         16:30        Chelmsford City        Hannon , Richard        Botti, M        #N/A        12%   
    Passional        18:30        Chelmsford City        Crisford, Simon        Williams, S C        23%        17%   
    Marwari         19:30        Chelmsford City        Weld, D K        Easterby, M W        #N/A        15%   
    Feldspar        20:00        Chelmsford City        Perrett, Mrs A J        Dalgleish, Keith        9%        11%   
    Love Your Work         15:20        Newcastle        Fitzgerald, T J        Keniry, Stef        8%        6%   
    Benefit Street         16:50        Newcastle        Burke, K R        Cowell, R M H        12%        13%   
    Singininthevalleys        15:03        Market Rasen        Evans, H J        Evans, R        7%        #N/A   
    Sauchiehall Street         15:03        Market Rasen        Brooke, Julia        Brooke, Daniel        9%        #N/A   
    Getaway Jewel         15:03        Market Rasen        Dreaper, J T R        Hammond, Micky        13%        10%   
    Iron Mike        12:10        Wincanton        Dalgleish, Keith        Mitchell, Nick        19%        6%   
    De Young Warrior        12:40        Wincanton        Boanas, Miss G        Scott, J        7%        15%   
    Arcadian Spring         12:40        Wincanton        Whittington, H        Lavelle, Miss E C        16%        15%   
    Sashenka         13:10        Wincanton        Kirk, S        Scudamore, M J        #N/A        12%   
    Dhowin         13:40        Wincanton        ONeill, Jonjo        Greatrex, W J        12%        14%   
    Dell Oro         13:40        Wincanton        Moore, G L        Steele, Daniel        13%        2%   
Report foxcovert November 18, 2020 7:09 PM GMT
PHS taking the p*** out me nowCry
Report PHS November 18, 2020 7:17 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2020 -- 8:09PM, foxcovert wrote:

PHS taking the p*** out me now

Laugh

No way manTongue OutPlain

Report PHS November 18, 2020 8:06 PM GMT

Nov 18, 2020 -- 5:18PM, PHS wrote:

Great stuff again Andrew

You really nailed the staking (and NAP) on this one Ryan.

Report RyanWe November 19, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
I’ve done two in the 2.50 at Cheppers tomorrow
Out On The Tear 11s
Knight Destroyer 14s

I think the odds on fav is worth taking on with the 7lb penalty, quick turnout, and returned to heavy ground again as I think he previously struggled with his breathing on it.

There are only two proven 16/17f horses on heavy ground in here, albeit over hurdles.

Out On The Tear had some good wins in handicap hurdles last season, and although incredibly weak in the betting on his seasonal debut, he ran a really nice 3rd of 17 last month, with both of the horses in front franking the form since.

It’s his chase debut here, but he has a PTP background - In which I don’t think he stayed.

Knight Destroyer was weak on his seasonal debut in a five runner handicap chase, his first run for 293 days since winning at Taunton off a few lb lower. He jumped well, and I like to think we will see a much fitter beast here
Report PHS November 19, 2020 3:45 PM GMT
16:30 ChC (today)

I've backed Mr Scaramanga at 11.82 and half stake on Count Of Amazonia at 9.4
Report rekab November 19, 2020 4:34 PM GMT
Good shout on the Count PHS.Cool
Report PHS November 19, 2020 5:16 PM GMT

Nov 19, 2020 -- 5:34PM, rekab wrote:

Good shout on the Count PHS.

Thanks rekabWink

Report PHS November 19, 2020 5:16 PM GMT
Fri Switchers

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike        Switcher   
    Lion Tower         16:45        Newcastle        Johnston, M        Tuer, Grant        17%        13%           
    Bring Him Home         16:45        Newcastle        Hills, Charles        OKeeffe, Jedd        14%        14%           
    Diamond And Gold         17:15        Newcastle        Stoute, Sir Michael        Watson, Archie        13%        14%        30%   
    War Whisper         19:45        Newcastle        Midgley, P T        Keniry, Stef        6%        6%           
    Herringswell         19:45        Newcastle        Smith, Martin        Spiller, Henry        15%        12%        27%   
    Silk Or Satin         12:55        Ascot        Skelton, Daniel        Carroll, A W        19%        8%           
    Racing Country         13:30        Ascot        Suroor, Saeed Bin        Steele, Daniel        #N/A        2%           
    Deauville Dancer         14:05        Ascot        Dennis, David        Murphy, Olly        8%        19%        24%   
    San Seb         14:40        Ascot        Edmunds, Stuart        OBrien, Fergal        14%        18%        19%   
    Monash         12:38        Catterick        Walker, Ed        Menzies, Rebecca        #N/A        11%           
    Fahad        12:38        Catterick        Varian, Roger        Brooke, Daniel        #N/A        #N/A           
    Getaway North        13:13        Catterick        Pogson, C T        Pogson, Charles and Adam        5%        #N/A           
    Calvario         12:30        Chepstow        Greatrex, W J        Whittington, H        14%        16%           
    Lieutenant Rocco         13:05        Chepstow        Tizzard, C L        Mitchell, Nick        14%        6%           
    I Cant Explain         13:05        Chepstow        Henderson, N J        Bailey, K C        26%        16%           
    No No Juliet         13:40        Chepstow        Sherwood, O        OBrien, Fergal        13%        18%        19%   
    First Du Charmil         16:00        Chepstow        Drinkwater, S W        Potter, R D        10%        14%           
    Fight For Love         16:00        Chepstow        Elliott, Gordon        Signy, Oliver        16%        #N/A           
Report RyanWe November 19, 2020 5:53 PM GMT
Nice winner PHS
Report RyanWe November 19, 2020 5:55 PM GMT
I really fancy Kenny George to pick up a race this season, bit gutted he’s up against an unpenalised winner in this 4.00 at Cheppers, but I’ve still given it a go.
Report PHS November 19, 2020 6:31 PM GMT

Nov 19, 2020 -- 6:53PM, RyanWe wrote:

Nice winner PHS

Thanks Ryan

Only problem is, 1pt on a loser, 0.5pt on a winner at 9.4 = 9.4-1 (stake) -2 (0.5pt equiv on loser) to 0.5pt stake doesn't leave much. I'll take it though.

Report PHS November 19, 2020 11:09 PM GMT
Wed Results

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike        Pos        Odds   
    Lord Rapscallion         18:55        Kempton        Murtagh, J P        Williams, S C        0%        17%                   
    Almodovar         18:55        Kempton        Charlton, R        Walker, Ed        14%        21%                   
    Hill Sixteen        14:15        Ffos Las        Smith, Mrs S J        Twiston-Davies, N A        13%        15%        1        2/1   
    Silent Man         15:25        Ffos Las        Weston, T H        Lacey, T        9%        21%        1        11/2   
    Newlands Cross         15:25        Ffos Las        Murphy, Olly        Williams, Christian        19%        10%                   
    Duhallow Tornado         14:30        Hexham        Pimlott, O J        Fitzgerald, T J        #N/A        4%                   
    France De Reve         15:05        Hexham        Henderson, N J        Haslam, B M R        26%        12%                   
    Love At Dawn         15:40        Hexham        Niven, P D        Murtagh, Barry        7%        3%        3        16/1   
Report PHS November 19, 2020 11:12 PM GMT
Thu Results

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike        Pos        Odds   
    Count Of Amazonia         16:30        Chelmsford City        Hannon , Richard        Botti, M        #N/A        12%        1        11/2   
    Passional        18:30        Chelmsford City        Crisford, Simon        Williams, S C        23%        17%        3        8/1   
    Iron Mike        12:10        Wincanton        Dalgleish, Keith        Mitchell, Nick        19%        6%        3        200/1   
    De Young Warrior        12:40        Wincanton        Boanas, Miss G        Scott, J        7%        15%        3        25/1   
    Sashenka         13:10        Wincanton        Kirk, S        Scudamore, M J        #N/A        12%        2        13/8   
Report RyanWe November 20, 2020 8:47 AM GMT
That’s why I back 6 horses in a race PHS, so I can always claim I’ve had a winner, even when I’ve lost on the race Laugh
Report PHS November 20, 2020 9:12 AM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 9:47AM, RyanWe wrote:

That’s why I back 6 horses in a race PHS, so I can always claim I’ve had a winner, even when I’ve lost on the race

Grin

Never seen you back more than 3Silly.

TBH, I think backing more than one in a race is sometimes the way to go. Sometimes you've done an awful lot of work and the percentage play if you're confident you've narrowed it down to 2 or 3, is to back them all.

Report RyanWe November 20, 2020 11:10 AM GMT
All depends on those prices dunnit
Report PHS November 20, 2020 2:11 PM GMT
16:15 Ncl

La Rav won very easily last time but is up 7lb. Bringitonboris won a stronger race with more difficulty but is only up 2lb and a mark of 73 gives him a chance with La Rav having to give him 11lb inc 2lb WFA.

I've backed Bringitonboris at 4/1 with a Boost and a saver on 2 places at 11/8 in case La Rav is just too good.
Report PHS November 20, 2020 2:13 PM GMT
^Bringitonboris won a stronger race with more difficulty and the 3rd has won since.
Report rekab November 20, 2020 2:16 PM GMT
At it's price not one for this thread, so didn't bother putting it up. I have though had a decent bet on Ryan's Cyclop after the way it won last time.
Report PHS November 20, 2020 2:23 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 3:16PM, rekab wrote:

At it's price not one for this thread, so didn't bother putting it up. I have though had a decent bet on Ryan's Cyclop after the way it won last time.

WDWink

Report rekab November 20, 2020 2:28 PM GMT
Thanks PHS, looks like on to follow. Cool
Report RyanWe November 20, 2020 2:36 PM GMT
That’s how you like them to win
Report rekab November 20, 2020 2:42 PM GMT
Have to say thanks Ryan. Anyone can pick them out after the way it ran last time. It was your picking it out the race before, which took all the doing.
Report PHS November 20, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
Sat Switchers

Name        Time        Cse        From        To        From Strike        To Strike        Switcher   
    City Escape         14:55        Lingfield        Guest, Rae        Humphrey, Mrs S J        11%        4%           
    Thanielle         15:30        Lingfield        Hannon , Richard        King, A        #N/A        19%           
    Carey Street         16:30        Wolverhampton        Quinn, J J        Stubbs, Mrs L        11%        20%           
    Cemhaan        19:30        Wolverhampton        Gosden, J H M        Baker, George        21%        10%           
    All You Wish        19:30        Wolverhampton        Balding, A M        Evans, P D        15%        11%        15%   
    Inevitable Outcome         20:30        Wolverhampton        Simcock, D M        Loughnane, David        15%        13%        22%   
    Coillte Eile         13:30        Ascot        Newland, Dr R D P        OBrien, Fergal        22%        18%        19%   
    Real Steel         14:05        Ascot        Mullins, W P        Nicholls, P F        25%        23%           
    Laurina         14:40        Ascot        Mullins, W P        Nicholls, P F        25%        23%           
    Bellshill         15:00        Haydock        Mullins, W P        Thomson, A M        25%        15%           
    Nothing Man         14:33        Huntingdon        Dennis, David        Allwood, S        8%        20%           
Report foxcovert November 20, 2020 4:36 PM GMT
Didnt see Cyclop Silly
Report PHS November 20, 2020 7:55 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 3:11PM, PHS wrote:

16:15 NclLa Rav won very easily last time but is up 7lb. Bringitonboris won a stronger race with more difficulty but is only up 2lb and a mark of 73 gives him a chance with La Rav having to give him 11lb inc 2lb WFA.I've backed Bringitonboris at 4/1 with a Boost and a saver on 2 places at 11/8 in case La Rav is just too good.

Won

Report rekab November 20, 2020 9:16 PM GMT
Well done PHS, missed that one. Sad
Report PHS November 20, 2020 10:13 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 10:16PM, rekab wrote:

Well done PHS, missed that one.

ThanksWink

I've suspected all along that you were my only fan and this kinda confirms itGrin.

Report PHS November 20, 2020 10:19 PM GMT
Fri Results

Lion Tower         16:45        Newcastle        Johnston, M        Tuer, Grant        17%        13%                   
    Bring Him Home         16:45        Newcastle        Hills, Charles        OKeeffe, Jedd        14%        14%                   
    Diamond And Gold         17:15        Newcastle        Stoute, Sir Michael        Watson, Archie        13%        14%                   
    War Whisper         19:45        Newcastle        Midgley, P T        Keniry, Stef        6%        6%                   
    Herringswell         19:45        Newcastle        Smith, Martin        Spiller, Henry        15%        12%        1        8/1   
    Silk Or Satin         12:55        Ascot        Skelton, Daniel        Carroll, A W        19%        8%                   
    Racing Country         13:30        Ascot        Suroor, Saeed Bin        Steele, Daniel        #N/A        2%                   
    Deauville Dancer         14:05        Ascot        Dennis, David        Murphy, Olly        8%        19%                   
    San Seb         14:40        Ascot        Edmunds, Stuart        OBrien, Fergal        14%        18%                   
    Monash         12:38        Catterick        Walker, Ed        Menzies, Rebecca        #N/A        11%                   
    Fahad        12:38        Catterick        Varian, Roger        Brooke, Daniel        #N/A        #N/A                   
    Getaway North        13:13        Catterick        Pogson, C T        Pogson, Charles and Adam        5%        #N/A                   
    Calvario         12:30        Chepstow        Greatrex, W J        Whittington, H        14%        16%        3        15/8   
    Lieutenant Rocco         13:05        Chepstow        Tizzard, C L        Mitchell, Nick        14%        6%                   
    I Cant Explain         13:05        Chepstow        Henderson, N J        Bailey, K C        26%        16%                   
    No No Juliet         13:40        Chepstow        Sherwood, O        OBrien, Fergal        13%        18%                   
    First Du Charmil         16:00        Chepstow        Drinkwater, S W        Potter, R D        10%        14%                   
    Fight For Love         16:00        Chepstow        Elliott, Gordon        Signy, Oliver        16%        #N/A                   

The highlighted 27% switcher wins. Not a bad price given that %.
Report Cork Langer November 20, 2020 11:33 PM GMT
Wd to all winners since my last post on here (ryan & phs most probably), gone with a horse that has had its fair proportion of critics for being less than genuine or straightforward in Wholestone 28/1 Haydock 14.25, you have to be prepared to forgive an exceedingly poor debut run this season at Wetherby which was unusual as the horse as a rule has performed well fresh, at the price on offer I couldn't resist, as the horse definitely possesses a touch of class, maybe just short of the very best but well worth supporting today in my view, gl
Report PHS November 21, 2020 8:36 AM GMT
Thanks CorkWink
Report PHS November 21, 2020 8:39 AM GMT
Wol 17:30

My main fancies have been well found in the market, but Daafr looks a big price at 28/1 ew. I can find plenty of excuses for a poor run last time and the lack of a strong tempo should be in his favour.
Report PHS November 21, 2020 3:28 PM GMT
Sun Switchers

Mustazeed         14:15        Wolverhampton        Crisford, Simon        Wall, C F        23%        17%           
    Thibault        16:00        Wolverhampton        Bailey, K C        West, Adam        39%        8%           
    Ten Chants        16:30        Wolverhampton        Dunlop, E A L        Evans, P D        18%        11%        15%   
    Golden Cygnet        16:30        Wolverhampton        Beckett, R M        Foy, Kevin        18%        #N/A           
    Blue Whisper        16:30        Wolverhampton        Banham, Chelsea        Humphrey, Mrs S J        14%        4%           
    Regal Eagle         17:00        Wolverhampton        Oxx, John M        Evans, P D        #N/A        11%        15%   
    Present Destiny         15:18        Exeter        Henderson, P        Lavelle, Miss E C        8%        15%           
    Mystic Court         15:53        Exeter        Barr, Brian        Mitchell, Nick        4%        6%           
    Im So Busy        12:18        Uttoxeter        Harrington, Mrs John        Newland, Dr R D P        11%        22%        26%   
    Cronk Y Knox         12:18        Uttoxeter        Greatrex, W J        Hales, A M        14%        13%           
    Diamond Brig        12:48        Uttoxeter        Alexander, N W        Oliver, Henry        11%        13%           
    Lemon Hill         13:18        Uttoxeter        Snowden, Jamie        McCain Jnr, D        16%        14%           
    Llantara        13:53        Uttoxeter        Symonds, Tom        Ralph, Alastair        9%        13%           
Report PHS November 21, 2020 5:33 PM GMT

Nov 21, 2020 -- 9:39AM, PHS wrote:

Wol 17:30My main fancies have been well found in the market, but Daafr looks a big price at 28/1 ew. I can find plenty of excuses for a poor run last time and the lack of a strong tempo should be in his favour.

Added small bet on Cityzen Serg, main fancy but not really a bet at 7/2.

Report PHS November 21, 2020 5:39 PM GMT
...not really a bet at 7/2 but better than losing!
Report PHS November 21, 2020 6:01 PM GMT
19:30 Wol

0.5pt the Stoute filly Clinician 100/30 BOG (hoping SP will be bigger, as again this is pretty short for its chance)
0.25pt original fav Eagle Creek at 7.4 on here; not sure why the huge drift but I'll be surprised if it goes off that price
Report djx1969. November 22, 2020 11:43 AM GMT
Alas it lets me post again , Thank for the input recently been some nice winners from Ryan and Others , Phs great work with Switchers ,Ive had a Little whisper for one at Uttoxeter , Dont Know Much about it But from a good source so will have an Ew Dabble

12.48 Uttoxeter  El Scorpio  22-1 Bet365 Good Luck and Happy Punting
Report RyanWe November 22, 2020 12:23 PM GMT
Volcano at 5/1 in the 1.00 at Ludders tomorrow - 5* NAP

This must be the only Sheila Lewis horse yet to win, but he really should be winning off this mark.

The trip was too short on chase debut (20.5f), but it was still a cracking second to Kapga, who bolted up again off a 9lb higher mark.

Then they gave Volcano some experience in a novice chase where he was 56lb wrong with the winner, and a good 30lb with the 2nd and 4th, but to be only beaten 17l in third was a cracking run - easily a 115+ performance.

Off just 101 here, cheekpieces to keep him focused, I really do think he should be favourite
Report PHS November 22, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
Mon Switchers

Calm Down         18:15        Chelmsford City        Beckett, R M        Kelleway, Miss Gay        18%        11%           
    Jungle Boogaloo         19:15        Chelmsford City        Moore, G L        McBride, P J        13%        11%           
    At Its Own Expense         13:25        Kempton        Hobbs, P J        Barr, Brian        17%        4%           
    Valentines Turf         12:25        Ludlow        Williams, Christian        Llewellyn, B J        10%        8%           
    Lissitzky         12:25        Ludlow        Balding, A M        Curtis, Miss Rebecca        #N/A        15%           
    Uisce Ur         13:00        Ludlow        Morgan, Miss Laura        Pauling, Ben        12%        14%        21%   
    Anndarrow         13:00        Ludlow        Leahy, Denis        Scott, J        3%        15%           
    Don Bersy         15:20        Ludlow        Symonds, Tom        Potter, R D        9%        14%           
    Stevie Smith        11:35        Musselburgh        Murphy, Amy        Alexander, N W        16%        11%           
    Ruinous         12:05        Musselburgh        Cromwell, Gavin Patrick        Reed, W T        11%        10%           
    Dancing Doug         12:40        Musselburgh        Kirby, P A        Whillans, A C        12%        9%           
Report RyanWe November 22, 2020 5:22 PM GMT
Musselburgh 3.00 Dorette 14s

This 7 year old mare was all set to win at Toxxy two starts back, but for falling at the final hurdle. The form really has worked out well, as Knight Commander was just in behind, a horse now 17lb higher rated. Ratfacemcdougall another winner in behind too.

She was really disappointing on her next and latest start at Huntingdon, but I think we can put it down to the soft ground, the winning time was 38s slower than standard, and the winner was 18l clear of the field, so it seemed the market drift of 4/1 out to 16/1 knew her fate.

She’s been dropped 2lb, and a good 3lb conditional takes the ride - effectively only 1lb higher than the Toxxy race.

Returned to quicker ground here, with first time pieces to get that extra out of her, if she ran to form then she would win this well
Report PHS November 22, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
17:15 ChC - Casaruan 6/1

Things seemed to click for this fellow early in 2020 after showing very little as a 2yo. On his first run here as a 3yo, he pulled hard for the first two furlongs but still managed to win with plenty in hand, albeit he was getting a stone from most of the field.

Back here in early Nov after a 259 day break, he was slowly away from a poor draw but settled better and made relentless progress to lead inside the final furlong for a comfortable win. He's now 10lb higher after a good 2nd at Ling LTO but still looks to have plenty to offer esp if the TF prediction of a strong pace proves correct (ATR predicting the opposite).
Report PHS November 23, 2020 12:28 PM GMT

Nov 22, 2020 -- 9:13PM, PHS wrote:

17:15 ChC - Casaruan 6/1Things seemed to click for this fellow early in 2020 after showing very little as a 2yo. On his first run here as a 3yo, he pulled hard for the first two furlongs but still managed to win with plenty in hand, albeit he was getting a stone from most of the field.Back here in early Nov after a 259 day break, he was slowly away from a poor draw but settled better and made relentless progress to lead inside the final furlong for a comfortable win. He's now 10lb higher after a good 2nd at Ling LTO but still looks to have plenty to offer esp if the TF prediction of a strong pace proves correct (ATR predicting the opposite).

The other one I like in this race is the drifting Swissal, matched at 14.5 for a quarter of the Casaruan stake. Ex David Dennis, he looked to be unlucky to meet a potentially well-handicapped rival in Poet's Magic two runs back, looking like the winner 50yds out, he just got chinned on the line with the 3rd and 4th 3.25L and 4L behind.

He was again unlucky to meet Frow off 50 LTO and now rated 21lb higher, though never any chance with that one.

He's already a C&D winner for Dennis. An absence of 35 days is a negative for this trainer, but as that close 2nd on penultimate run came after 32 days, I'm willing to take a chance for a small stake.

Report djx1969. November 23, 2020 1:09 PM GMT
Well done with Volcano another Great Winner mate ...
Report rekab November 23, 2020 1:10 PM GMT
Well done Ryan, you didn't hide your enthusiasm for the Volcano. Cool
Report PHS November 23, 2020 1:11 PM GMT
Thanks RyanCool
Report FOYLESWAR November 23, 2020 1:12 PM GMT
well done ryan great shout.
Report RyanWe November 23, 2020 1:15 PM GMT
Deckie made me sweat, it was supposed to be a bridle job Laugh
Report rekab November 23, 2020 1:33 PM GMT
I thought you maybe thinking that!Grin
Report PHS November 23, 2020 3:09 PM GMT
Tue Switchers

Airshow        12:55        Lingfield        Appleby, M        Millman, B R        12%        13%   
    Nortonthorpe Boy        13:25        Lingfield        Easterby, T D        McEntee, P S        13%        9%   
    Book of Secrets         14:55        Lingfield        Vaughan, E F        Murphy, Amy        9%        9%   
    Pledge Of Peace         15:25        Lingfield        Appleby, Charlie        Mongan, Mrs L J        39%        8%   
    Bravo Faisal         15:25        Lingfield        Fahey, R A        West, Adam        13%        8%   
    Simple Star         16:30        Wolverhampton        Haggas, W J        Botti, M        22%        12%   
    Tilaawah        17:00        Wolverhampton        Hannon , Richard        Loughnane, Daniel Mark        #N/A        10%   
    Screeching Dragon         19:30        Wolverhampton        Frost, Kevin        Mullineaux, M        9%        6%   
    Ifyoucareshare        12:15        Sedgefield        Fahey, R A        Grant, C        13%        7%   
    Busy Street        13:46        Sedgefield        Carroll, A W        Menzies, Rebecca        8%        11%   
    Sincerely Resdev        14:46        Sedgefield        Kirby, P A        Hammond, Micky        12%        10%   
    Deauville Society         14:46        Sedgefield        McCourt, T G        Thompson, V        4%        3%   
    Fiddlers Bow         12:37        Southwell        Brooke, Julia        Brooke, Daniel        9%        #N/A   
    Path To Freedom         13:07        Southwell        Coward, Mrs C A        Coward, Miss J M        #N/A        #N/A   
    Mercers Court         14:37        Southwell        King, N B        Fryer, Miss C        14%        12%   
    Wheesht         15:07        Southwell        Sherwood, O        Ralph, Alastair        13%        13%   
    First Revolution         15:37        Southwell        Doyle, Sean Thomas        Todhunter, M        10%        10%   
Report Macintoshmatty November 23, 2020 3:33 PM GMT
well done Ryan, horse battled on well
Report RyanWe November 23, 2020 5:35 PM GMT
Spirit Of Waterloo in the 3.07 at Southwell (5s) is the best I can do

He wasn’t given much of a chance last time, held up in a race that turned in to a bit of a dash, but he still almost got up.

3lb worse off with Roses Poses, who was a few lengths behind, and they have as fav, but I just don’t see any reason why SOW wouldn’t frank the form given RP was better positioned
Report RyanWe November 23, 2020 5:36 PM GMT
Cheers all, shame about the other one - not sure the trainer will ever get a winner
Report PHS November 23, 2020 6:11 PM GMT

Nov 22, 2020 -- 9:13PM, PHS wrote:

17:15 ChC - Casaruan 6/1Things seemed to click for this fellow early in 2020 after showing very little as a 2yo. On his first run here as a 3yo, he pulled hard for the first two furlongs but still managed to win with plenty in hand, albeit he was getting a stone from most of the field.Back here in early Nov after a 259 day break, he was slowly away from a poor draw but settled better and made relentless progress to lead inside the final furlong for a comfortable win. He's now 10lb higher after a good 2nd at Ling LTO but still looks to have plenty to offer esp if the TF prediction of a strong pace proves correct (ATR predicting the opposite).

That went wellCry! Instead of being out the back off a predicted strong pace (not that strong TBH), he jumps out 2nd and runs too keen again. The winner different class anyway though and clearly improving with every run.

Report PHS November 24, 2020 2:53 PM GMT
Wed Switchers

I Am Wild        16:30        Kempton        West, Miss Sheena        Hoad, M R        6%        3%           
    Fayathaan         17:30        Kempton        Fahey, R A        Loughnane, Daniel Mark        13%        10%           
    Kingston Kurrajong        18:35        Kempton        Knight, W J        Attwater, M J        14%        7%           
    Western Dawn         19:10        Kempton        Makin, Phillip        Baker, George        13%        10%           
    Giuseppe Cassioli        19:10        Kempton        Hills, Charles        Botti, M        14%        12%           
    Rosardo Senorita        19:40        Kempton        Guest, Rae        Smith, R J        11%        2%           
    Culture         19:40        Kempton        Baker, George        Ward, Tom        10%        13%           
    Big Country         19:40        Kempton        Osborne, J A        Appleby, M        12%        12%           
    Mojambo         12:00        Lingfield        Hanlon, Stephen        OBrien, Daniel        29%        0%           
    Cobra Eye        13:00        Lingfield        Quinn, J J        Steele, Daniel        11%        5%           
    Fiddlers Tracker         12:40        Hereford        Durack, S        Curtis, Miss Rebecca        12%        15%           
    Oxford Blu        13:10        Hereford        Murphy, Olly        Brooke, Lady Susan        19%        4%           
    Yulong Magicreef         12:15        Wetherby        Harrington, Mrs John        ONeill, Jonjo        11%        12%           
    Warranty         12:15        Wetherby        Johnston, M        Whittington, H        #N/A        16%           
    Walkonby        12:15        Wetherby        Channon, M R        Hammond, Micky        15%        10%           
    Palixandre         12:50        Wetherby        Stephen, Mrs Jackie        England, Sam        5%        11%           
    Kiplin        13:50        Wetherby        Herrington,M         Pears, Ollie        #N/A        #N/A           
Report RyanWe November 24, 2020 3:15 PM GMT
Spirit Of Waterloo, nothing to see here Crazy
Report RyanWe November 24, 2020 4:14 PM GMT
Khanisari at 12s in the 1.40 at Hereford

I think Princess is worth taking on after winning a weak race, and the ground will be softer here, so there could be one more.

Khanisari clattered most of his hurdles previously which really stopped him from winning, but he did jump better on the latest run, just not appearing to stay the extra 3.5f on heavy ground - he was the only horse to serve it up to the well handicapped Mr Washington, who won again yesterday from a poor position.

This is the right trip for him and he looks a bit too big to me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com