Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
xaar
08 Nov 15 23:20
| Topic/replies: 1,815 | Blogger: xaar's blog
whats the best site for tips and help on trading,any recommendations or what software is best,ive never really tried it for long periods to test but people make good money on here so they say,any help appreciated thanks

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 93
By:
roida
When: 08 Nov 15 23:23
I'll give you some good advice...dont bother...your a sprat in a swimming pool full of great whites.
By:
no moves
When: 09 Nov 15 00:16
Laying really is just like backing odds on shots. If you can't make it pay backing horses at less than 2.00 why would laying make a profit?
By:
THE-GHOST-OF-DICKIE-BIRD
When: 09 Nov 15 05:46
Listen to jaws
By:
breadnbutter
When: 09 Nov 15 08:07
Source a big furry trading slipper , one that holds two feet a dog and flask of warm runny porridge banana and honey .ITs the way forward imo ,keep out the red and off the forum  , never walk under a ladder
By:
breadnbutter
When: 09 Nov 15 08:19
*traders porridge must be made from goats milk and heather honey ,with finely sliced fair trade bananas
By:
lcredd
When: 09 Nov 15 09:27
Geeks Toy.com, imo. You can get a free trial of software and loads of info in forum.

Betfair always need new traders.
By:
dumplingheid
When: 09 Nov 15 13:02
xaar, honestly dont bother trying anything as there have been hundreds and hundreds of users that have tried and failed miserably, a once great sport ruined into no more than greyhound flapping track mentality.
There is a few on here thats had the rub of the green and honestly believe that they can make it pay all thats happening is in the long term it ends up one way in you losing your money at best.
When you get horses drifting from 2/1 to 8/1 in a few minutes they know more than you and believe it nearly every race is cut up in some way or an other.
By:
lcredd
When: 09 Nov 15 16:24
Start with minimum stakes. If you can't profit then it wont cost you much. If you can profit then up your stakes. Success is possible.
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 12:00
back midrange,stop after a win,come back next day.bspHappyHappy
By:
posy
When: 10 Nov 15 12:40
xaar why not enter the lay competition and see how you get on...if nothing else it concentrates the mind and a new 'race' starts today.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 10 Nov 15 13:52
dumplingheid clearly one of life's loosers...he loses, presumes everyone else does too
By:
Keefter
When: 10 Nov 15 14:00
loads of 'it can't be done' type comments by people who can't do it. As long as there is movement in price then trading can be done. practice practice practice. Forget info and training or e-books and seminars, just actually do it and practice until you get a feel for it. What will get you beat is not all the sharks but your own mindset, not everyone has the mental strength to make it pay. Good Luck
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 14:10
l,l,l,6.5.Happywon.=+1 1/2.
By:
ProSniper
When: 10 Nov 15 14:17
deadbrain59, that's a rather unorthodox trading method you got going on there...
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 14:24
it works.HappyHappyHappy
By:
dumplingheid
When: 10 Nov 15 14:33
duncan im afraid im not one of life's losers , i havent had a serious bet for many many years when i seen what was coming for your information my last serious bet was lord samposin surely without googling it you know what happened? therefore i got out at the right time because of this.
Ive talked 50/60 people who actually had the same contrived dross opinion as most of the guys who claim to win by studying form etc and rest assured each and everyone has ended up the same way SKINT.
Your betting against owners, jockeys, trainers, farriers and you dont know what they will do you might get it right some of the time and show a profit for a few months/ years but it ends up with tears and snot
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 14:37
true,its all about odds.Happy
By:
dumplingheid
When: 10 Nov 15 14:57
correct deadbrian thats what ive been saying and the odds are against you at all times, over the past few weeks ive seen several horse drifting like nothing on earth and everyone one of the has failed to be even placed, i cannt remember the name of it but it drifted from a solid 2/1 on here and with all the bookmakers to 8/1 in less that 10 minutes .. the way it run it was as if it was a beaten horse before the off. somebody knew and filled there boots with some of the traders money.
Take today the way several horses ran one in particular it was held up and won, today it tried to make all it finished 6th of 7, we can go into discussions of what price should it have been front running its a 25/1 shot being held up its a solid 5/2 shot.
By:
breadnbutter
When: 10 Nov 15 15:28
Whats your prob with drifters ? Could understand you complaining about drifters winning but you are saying the game is bad because the market got it right .....sorry i don't get it Crazy do you think the info chit chat work watchers paddock watchers form students ect ect ect should not move a price ? Should markets not move ?
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 15:30
if i had carried on today i would have lost.Mischief
By:
duncan idaho
When: 10 Nov 15 15:48
but it ends up with tears and snot   Laugh
By:
deadbrain59
When: 10 Nov 15 15:58
LaughLaugh
By:
dumplingheid
When: 10 Nov 15 20:30
The market got it right because of one thing ,it was manipulated into it.
By:
deadbrain59
When: 11 Nov 15 06:48
trainer p nicolls,backing in races £25,000+ races from october,+10.backing below that figure =-8MischiefMischief
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 08:44
nice stats deadbrain but at what prices do you set? are you betting to win a set amount? or do have a certain amount on each horse no matter what price?
What has been mr nicolls track record before this over the years?
Im sure a few users would or have picked holes in what you have quoted.
By:
deadbrain59
When: 11 Nov 15 10:43
prices are isp i back bsp less com,early days yet as chelt, coming up. profit could be eroded as he has quite a few entered level stake.Mischief
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 13:14
Hats off to you dead brain your one of the few that has actually tried to put a case across. Even in your answer you doubt some of it, "profits could be eroded...........".
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 13:28
Theres another reason today why you cannt win .......... CALEDONIA
By:
TheBaron
When: 11 Nov 15 13:35
Trading is totally different from traditional backing/laying.  Its possible to make money without knowing a thing about horse racing or watching a single race.

The only way to learn is to do it. So small stakes to start and only increase in line with profits.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 11 Nov 15 13:41
back/lay on your own opinion , when you start listening to others or looking at market moves, listening to pundits etc, you are not using your judgement to back/lay a selection on your own knowledge , but on others opinions .
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 13:42
Baron there were 3 races yesterday that i looked at the two front runners were held up and at the back of the field and the hold up runner was sent to the front and tried to make all the running ...... so how can the traders combat that?
If your talking about Trading ie arbing you can only get away with that so long before your account is closed
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 11 Nov 15 13:48
Baron there were 3 races yesterday that i looked at the two front runners were held up and at the back of the field and the hold up runner was sent to the front and tried to make all the running

and what was the outcome ?
By:
TheBaron
When: 11 Nov 15 13:54
I'm talking about trading before the off.

Sods law.  I've just lost two days profit on the last two races.  I really should get a proper jobGrin
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 14:16
Pablo  the outcome was all 3 finished nearer last than first,
baron yet again thanks for your honesty, but how can you trader if there is such big fluctuations in the market cause by live money and not by anybodies opinion .............. in other word how can you beat insider trading?
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 11 Nov 15 14:23
when seeing the horses out the back, or front running, would you not bet in-running by laying them ?
By:
duncan idaho
When: 11 Nov 15 14:25
dumpling, you're like a kid telling an aviation expert that he'll never get that thing off the ground...go and do something else, eh.
By:
duncan idaho
When: 11 Nov 15 14:27
not that i'm saying i or anyone else on this thread is an expert but the truth is in the P&L and we aint doing it for kicks
By:
TheBaron
When: 11 Nov 15 14:41
how can you beat insider trading?

You can't, you just have to minimise your losses when you get caught.  Learn when to take a loss.
By:
dumplingheid
When: 11 Nov 15 15:08
Duncan have you anything constructive to say? first of all im a loser then im a kid why all the aggression? you say your one of the 1% who actually win on here and yet there has been nothing bar abuse, as for your 2nd post at 1427 for you to win somebody has to lose and its only a matter of time before the tables turn and its you or some other user that loses.
Baron minimise your loses that in many cases is easier said than done.
pablo i have never laid a horse when i was on my game i only bet them,
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com