Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lewis2304
24 Sep 15 15:05
| Topic/replies: 125 | Blogger: lewis2304's blog
I thought that the whole purpose of the Race Planning Committee, was to ensure that each card at every respective track was as diverse as possible?

Who's stupid idea then was it, to have Newmarket's Saturday card start with 4 2-yr-old races, followed by yet another 2 later on!

Bring back the old days when the Middle Park and Cheveley Park were run on Thursday and Friday, and the Royal Lodge at Ascot at another meeting altogether.
Pause Switch to Standard View Newmarket Saturday card - who thought...
Show More
Report unitedbiscuits September 24, 2015 7:30 PM BST
Agreed.
Report johnnyrant September 24, 2015 8:33 PM BST
Yep. It's laughably poor. When Champions Day was held at HQ, it was the perfect racecard. Now, it's a complete mess.
Report foxy September 25, 2015 7:55 AM BST
it wasnt that long ago the cheveley park was ran on a tuesday of this fixture,the biggest problem i find with all this messing around is that i can no longer keep up the with running order on the rowley mile in the autumn.when the cambridgeshire meeting was 4 days and the champions meeting was 3 days it worked you knew where you were.
Report sixtwosix September 25, 2015 8:20 AM BST
The Saturday card of the Ces , Champion Stakes , Dewhurst , Jockey Club was in my opinion the most fabulous flat racecard of the season .
It's demise says everything about the overpaid clowns who are destroying this sport.
Report foxy September 25, 2015 8:28 AM BST
sixtwosix

going back to the late 80s early 90s we also had the final of the north/south rothmans series as the opener to the card on champion stakes day back then the dewhurst was on a friday .

royal lodge is a race that should be run on the round course at ascot.
Report floozy September 25, 2015 9:55 AM BST
sixtwosix
"It's demise says everything about the overpaid clowns who are destroying this sport."

Absolutely correct. The sad thing is, they actually think they are doing a good job. Sadly again, we live in an age where everything MUST be changed whether it is working well or not. I bet we could all make a list a mile long of things that have changed that didnt need changing and, in our opinions, have turned out worse. The obvious one is moving the Derby from a Wednesday to a Saturday. The first Wednesday in June was like a national holiday. It was something special, something you really looked forward to. Now, the Derby just gets lost in all the other sport that takes place that day and has become, in the eyes of tv, papers, radio etc, practically inconsequential and the off time is moved around every year to accomodate Cricket, Rugby, Olympics, Cycling and it wont belong before they move it to squeeze another showing of Bridge On The River Kwai !!!
The BHA is useless beyond belief and racing will never return to its former glories while this bunch of moronic imbeciles is in charge. Off to the funny farm with the lot of them !
Report nijinsky01 September 25, 2015 10:46 AM BST
Could not agree more with everyone it used to be great days racing such a shame and complete shambles of race planning
Report theres only one best tonic September 25, 2015 12:08 PM BST
Just wait until they move it to Chelmsford/Great Leighs/Baldfred Park and run it on a Friday night..................
Report foxy September 25, 2015 2:06 PM BST
dont even joke about that tonic.
Report johnnyrant September 25, 2015 2:25 PM BST
sixtwosix 25 Sep 15 08:20 
The Saturday card of the Ces , Champion Stakes , Dewhurst , Jockey Club was in my opinion the most fabulous flat racecard of the season .
It's demise says everything about the overpaid clowns who are destroying this sport.

Spot on. The clowns running racing clearly don't even think about Flat racing fans who've followed the sport for yars as the responses to this thread indicates. Marketing is to blame. They think that creating fancy names and showpiece events, in the process destroying the autumn Pattern that worked so well for so many years, makes it 'better' when the truth is, since the switch to Ascot for Champions Day & the chopping and changing of meetings, has been shambolic & utterly to the detriment of racing. Who the hell wants to see championship races run on hock-deep ground, round a bend at Ascot (where there is a clear draw bias), instead of keep to the Rowley Mile, & mixing the Group races with compelling handicaps such as the Ces the way the old Champions Day did. Agree regarding the Derby as well - much more iconic on a Wednesday.
Report foxy September 25, 2015 3:16 PM BST
this is the first time in many years i have  not been  to the rowley course in the autumn one reason is i have not got a clue which races are taking place when,even the fixture list doesnt have the right dates,hopefully things will settle down now this fixture in fairness is very acceptable in fact tomorrow is a really good card ,they have at least took on board the ridiculous situation we had by having the middle park and the dewhurst on the same day,i notice the sun chariot is not on the card tomorrow perhaps that will be run on 2yo day Crazy
Report TheAnorak September 25, 2015 3:48 PM BST
Agree 100% with the last few posts and it's not just the fixture shuffling, but the discarding of historic race names. What sort of moron thinks that the Jockey Club Cup would be more appealing if it was called the British Champions Long Distance Cup.

Or that the Diadem should be renamed British Champions Sprint Stakes?
Report theres only one best tonic September 25, 2015 3:58 PM BST
I can help you there Anorak
That moron is Rod Street who also decided that there is no such thing as Glorious Goodwood any more.
Apparently everything in racing now has to be prefixed by Qipco otherwise it's not an official racing event.......
Report millhouse September 25, 2015 4:37 PM BST
To be fair to Street, the revamped Jockey's Championship really has been in the headlines...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com