Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
EastLower Gooner
12 Sep 15 15:56
| Topic/replies: 17,664 | Blogger: EastLower Gooner's blog
:o
Pause Switch to Standard View Surely can't take that away....
Show More
Report trader pj September 12, 2015 4:14 PM BST

Sep 12, 2015 -- 10:12AM, p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y wrote:

disgrace

A disgrace I agree. Never seen anything like it

Report liberator of the oppressed September 12, 2015 4:14 PM BST
The RULES if only they were adhered to consistently.
Report quay_street September 12, 2015 4:15 PM BST
The American decision is going to have repercussions. The carryon in the UK of blindly giving it nearly 100% of the time to the winner, no matter what happens, is completely contrary to the practice in other horse racing jurisdictions. Sooner or later, the UK rules will be brought into line.
Report SportsDen September 12, 2015 4:15 PM BST
That is an utter disgrace and I've backed Bondi Beach antepost. There's no consistency in stewards enquiries in this country. To anyone who has backed the filly, you've been robbed!
Report wondersobright September 12, 2015 4:15 PM BST
what is shows just speak like a tw@t to stewards makes no difference
Report Steamship September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
Those saying it was the correct decision will have made plenty on the stewards then.
Report Applewine September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
Feel for the trainer, but serves them grinning bookies reps in the background when Chappers was interviewing Beckitt after the filly passed the post
Report trader pj September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
that Irish prat Colin was overplaying his case big time
Report brockville September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
At last the stewards showing some balls.

To many jockeys deliberately breaking the rules to gain advantage knowing they will keep the race and maybe get a riding ban.

I agree regards the inconsistency with these decisions but it doesn't make this decision the wroing one.

Not talking through my pocket as I bet the 3rd.
Report TRD.Racing September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
You see worse that than every week without the horse getting demoted.

Without a shadow of doubt the best horse won and that is a disgraceful decision
Report barstool September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
Dirty riding by O'Donoghue rewarded. He was more intent on keeping in Simple Verse than riding to win for half a furlong.
Report wondersobright September 12, 2015 4:16 PM BST
take that trophy and your cap and fk off utter count
Report casemoney September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
Need a computer programme like Hawkeye that judges interference distance lost etc ..These idiots make it up as they go along
Report koikeeper September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
Steamship 12 Sep 15 16:16
Those saying it was the correct decision will have made plenty on the stewards then.

Didnt have a bet in the race or on the enquiry, but thought it was the right decision.
Report oneyallbeenwaiting4 September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
The one good thing we had could be gone now, UK Stewards have just abandoned previous protocol.

Going to be up in the air now every time there is a stewards, no consistency.
Report Aladdin Sane September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
Whatever we may think of French/American racing, one thing's for sure, like it or not, they're consistent when it comes to enquiries and you tend to know where you stand with the rules..
Report roggrain September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
Our rules are a dog's breakfast. There is absolutely no consistency. Racing in Britain is run by nincompoops.
Report trader pj September 12, 2015 4:17 PM BST
I can't remember such uproar about a stewards
Report Steamship September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST
How did Lord Windermere keep the Gold Cup?
Report trader pj September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST

Sep 12, 2015 -- 10:17AM, roggrain wrote:

Our rules are a dog's breakfast. There is absolutely no consistency. Racing in Britain is run by nincompoops.

half of them are senile

Report geordie1956 September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST
Probably the right result but the inconsistency of the stewards is worth an enquiry of itself
Report quay_street September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST
How do you know the "best horse won"?
Report polab September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST
Anyone know if 365 pay out on both?
Report Vubiant September 12, 2015 4:18 PM BST
People here seem to assume that this decision was wrong and that the BB York decision was right.
I would have thought that it's the other way round- and BB did beat Storm the Stars fair and square this time.
Report dalbers September 12, 2015 4:19 PM BST
Correct decision today ... and it shows up even more what a ridiculous "result stands" verdict there was in the Voltigeur that some of you on here are clinging onto as an excuse for why today's verdict should have stood as well.

If there hadn't been that recent ridiculous non-verdict, I doubt there would be anything like the fuss there's going to be now ... so aim your vitriol at the York stewards' incompetence rather than the Doncaster stewards' verdict today.
Report koikeeper September 12, 2015 4:19 PM BST
trader pj 12 Sep 15 16:17
I can't remember such uproar about a stewards

Cecils horse in the guineas ?
Report lmfao September 12, 2015 4:19 PM BST
Best Horse won
end of
Report liberator of the oppressed September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
HOW CAN YOU BET WITH CONFIDENCE?
Report Cider September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
They're supposed to be sure that BB would have won without the interference. Will definitely be overturned on appeal, as the rules were not implemented correctly.
Report wondersobright September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
bondi beach is an absolute fkin boat hth
Report TommyBarnes September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
B365 have settled BB as a loser, at the mo
Report Kriskin September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST

Sep 12, 2015 -- 10:17AM, koikeeper wrote:

Steamship 12 Sep 15 16:16Those saying it was the correct decision will have made plenty on the stewards then.Didnt have a bet in the race or on the enquiry, but thought it was the right decision.

But how many times do we see a horse getting put over the rails and the causer still keeping the race?  People are NOT disputing the result but the lack of consistency in this sport in this country run by ****s

Report Facts September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
Agree with fozwald. Knocked off his stride 2f out and then when he got upsides to challenge again, he received another bump. On the head on view, the second definitely came to the right and bumped the second. It was not 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Did he receive interference. Definitely.Did he lose more ground than he was beaten by. Definitely. So the right decision was reached.imo.
Report Ravage Again September 12, 2015 4:20 PM BST
Well done Mr Stewart he knows the game Love
Report Steamship September 12, 2015 4:21 PM BST
Koi I am pocket talking today a little and really feel for Beckett. I'm sure it will get overturned as it is inconsistent with other recent enquiries no good for the punters though.
Report dessiestar September 12, 2015 4:21 PM BST
Truly a disgraceful decision,there really is no consistency from the stewards
Report duncan idaho September 12, 2015 4:21 PM BST
If there hadn't been that recent ridiculous non-verdict

for all i thought she should keep it today, i can see how it could go either way...that York race is nonsense, though,...no way on Earth should that have been turned round
Report Storm Alert September 12, 2015 4:22 PM BST
B365 have settled Bondi Beach as a loser Laugh
Report polab September 12, 2015 4:22 PM BST
at the moment my ante post on simple verse settled as a winner, sure its chaos though
Report zipper September 12, 2015 4:22 PM BST
if i was qatar racing   i would take all my horse out  England   why  the  rules are a joke   and the STewards   are    well make your own  words up   ..
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 4:23 PM BST
classy from Atzeni there.....
Report letsrock! September 12, 2015 4:23 PM BST
Correct decision, Atzeni had no coherent counter-argument in the Stewards room
Report StewB September 12, 2015 4:23 PM BST
Glad he won the 4.20 race  well done Andrea Happy
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 4:25 PM BST
he was crying in the stalls :(
Report quay_street September 12, 2015 4:26 PM BST
The logic seems to be that the right thing should not be done because the wrong thing has been done for so long. If that is the case, why bother having stewards inquiries at all? They are just charades.
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 4:26 PM BST
a lot can be said about the US Rules...at least they're consistent. 1 rule...don't break it...the problem over here is they interpret the situation in so many ways and when they want too...
Report lmfao September 12, 2015 4:28 PM BST
He was crying in the stalls .....

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report CheltenhamRoar September 12, 2015 4:30 PM BST
wondersobright must be crying like atzeni by the sounds of it
Report eds60 September 12, 2015 4:30 PM BST
that is the least obvious case in the last month mayb its just because its Obrien total twxxx
Report Wesdag September 12, 2015 4:30 PM BST
A nose or short head I could understand but a HEAD ffs!!
Report StewB September 12, 2015 4:30 PM BST
I backed Simple Verse with Billys...I have been PAID  !!!!!!
Report Cider September 12, 2015 4:33 PM BST
A head, and he wasn't even closing on the line.
Report liberator of the oppressed September 12, 2015 4:34 PM BST
If it is reversed on appeal that geezer on the telly now needs to fall on his sword.
Report Facts September 12, 2015 4:34 PM BST
Don't bookmakers pay on first past the post, and on the horse that gets awarded the race ?
Report Tucho September 12, 2015 4:34 PM BST
don't understand stewards at all

i thought bondi deserved to be awarded the great voltigeur, but simple verse should have kept it today Crazy

surely being dragged accross the whole track, non stop, for a full furlong is more damaging to your change of winning than coming together a couple of times
Report gpz6316 September 12, 2015 4:34 PM BST
did the winner  have to come off the fence to get around those in front her , yes , to make room to do so would it not take more energy from the filly than the horse whom is lying upside/upon her bb. was  the interference more detrimental to bb or sv definitely the exertion to extricate yourself off the fence takes much more energy . yet she won well . in no way  was bb the best horse his interference was with his momentum sv fought against momentum  and track position . bb had  every chance he was not good enough . terrible decision
Report letsrock! September 12, 2015 4:36 PM BST
Quay street - nail on head
Report spyker September 12, 2015 4:37 PM BST
From B365

Pay out on Disqualified Horses offer applies to Win, Each-Way, Singles and Multiple bets, Forecasts, Tricasts and bets placed Ante-Post. Does not apply to Tote bets or 'Not to Win' bets or to horses taking the wrong course, if there is an objection by the Clerk of the Scales or if an incorrect number is transmitted in error.

paid me out on SV - also laid it on here in the SE so win  win all round (smug smiley) but how anyone can argue that should lose it is beyond me. The first bump was by BB in keeping SV in, best horse quite obv won. Pip Pip.
Report Storm Alert September 12, 2015 4:40 PM BST
quay_street The logic seems to be that the right thing should not be done because the wrong thing has been done for so long.

Spot on anywhere else in the world would be kicked out the horse was being legitimately held in and jockey barged his way out.  The second round of barging when they were both at it should be irrelevant.

If the stewards consistently applied the rules and disqualified like in this case it might make jockeys think before barging out because they think they can get away with it in England.
Report Cider September 12, 2015 4:42 PM BST
They had been consistently applying the rules. Until this race.
Report barstool September 12, 2015 4:42 PM BST
The filly was clearly the best horse in the race. O'Donoghue was clearly intent on boxing her in for has long as he could, he even appeared to move the filly toward the rail before Atzeni pulled out.

Horrible decision.
Report StewB September 12, 2015 4:43 PM BST
Facts
12 Sep 15 16:34
| Topic/replies: 19,402 | Blogger: Facts's blog
Don't bookmakers pay on first past the post, and on the horse that gets awarded the race ?

I always thought it was some bookies like Paddy Power, as I normally do my horse bets on Betfair.
But Is till hope they get the race back on appeal.
I thought Colm O'Donoghue was being too sarky and smug afterwards, and during the Stewards enquiry
Report DickTurpin September 12, 2015 4:44 PM BST
A BIZARRE decision - if any horse should have been chucked it was BONDI BEACH who INSTIGATED both cases of interferance............
Report MuayThaiClyde September 12, 2015 4:44 PM BST
BB was sat on the outside, came inside causing interference to SV. Sorry but no chance was it clear cut enough to be overturned, think O'Donoghue' confident performance in the stewards room was what won it.
Report zipper September 12, 2015 4:49 PM BST
jockey club     they dont  know what part of the horse the  **** comes out of
it goes  something like this   you cannot come here  without   a tie.... 
you cannot go outside  with out your jacket sir...
who do these pretentious a holes think they are.
they would all need brown trousers if they had to get on the back of a horse or even try the donkeys on blackpool beach.
they do this because none of them could hack it in the real world.
Report StewB September 12, 2015 4:49 PM BST
Watching plus one hour on C4  I bet same result Laugh
Report liberator of the oppressed September 12, 2015 4:50 PM BST
Barstoll he did as she quickened he whackewd his and it hung in.
Report quay_street September 12, 2015 4:51 PM BST
99%+ ratification of the first past the post as the winner, is not applying the rules at all. Any statistician will tell you that. Who's codding who here?
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 4:52 PM BST
Stewards -

Same principles they always adopt....2 Incidents....both caused by the Winner....the combination improved the position and they had to reverse.

They looked at the evidence and it matched the verbal evidence from Colm.

The first was the most substantial of the two and Fields Of Athenry was always trying to regain the ground he lost.
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 4:53 PM BST
Atzeni got 3 days for the 1st incident...they  considered the 2nd accidental.
Report posy September 12, 2015 4:54 PM BST
I backed Simple Verse this morning at 9/1. Watching the head on there is no doubt that Atzeni barged his way out and at that point I covered my stake on betfair. In the stewards room watching the replays it was clear that Atzeni hadn't got the ammunition to argue he wasn't at fault and I think the stewards came to a logical decision.
Report gpz6316 September 12, 2015 4:57 PM BST
also bb had the entire track to run on yet pushed sv as far left as possible to go if he was on the best horse the angle him out a few lengths and just go and win thats all he had to do storm alert you talk utter garbidge
Report Cider September 12, 2015 5:02 PM BST
It's not about a logical decision though, it's about implementing the rules at hand. BB was the jolly, would have been heavily backed, and nobody was screaming that the fptp should have been chucked out. Neither incident cost BB the race, but they seemingly have bizarrely added them together.
Report Natural Horseman September 12, 2015 5:05 PM BST
correct decision
Report roggrain September 12, 2015 5:06 PM BST
Just as an aside, Colm hit his horse 9 times in the last furlong or so. I thought that was against the rules!
Report jon b September 12, 2015 5:09 PM BST
could argue the 2nd incident wasn,t caused by the winner ,, BB leaned on SV pushing him into STS before he responded and pushed back at BB,  easily the best horse went past the post first , with a clear run it would of won by over a length ,,BB was never getting past STS the last day and the same today ,, the Irish can talk the hind legs off a donkey and he won it in the stewards room .
Report ima_mazed66 September 12, 2015 5:22 PM BST
Correct decision and just because we see the stewards bottle it so often, it's easy to get a false sense of security in that the result will stand regardless.

You usually get the old and ridiculous argument that "the best horse on the day won" chestnut when they keep the race, yet there's no point being the best horse if you can't get a run and plenty of best horses get beaten when jockeys don't or can't barge their way out.
Report tashkent terror September 12, 2015 5:27 PM BST
omg...been watching footy and didn't realise chucked out. Have to say i watched the replay straight after the race and thought the result should be reversed, although very surprised to see it was in this country.

In this case the interference would definitely have cost the second more than the distance it lost by.
Report gpz6316 September 12, 2015 5:29 PM BST
so with that argument if i keep you in . and lean on you , then you cant win because you will have to make an illegal manouvere to get out
Report FELTFAIR September 12, 2015 5:33 PM BST
tommo1000

12 Sep 15 16:13

02 Jul 07
| Topic/replies: 1,007 | Blogger: tommo1000's blog

all stewards are gin slinging old **** who got b****d up the a**e at eton

The steward interviewed was Paul Barton a former top national hunt jockey and not as described above. Right or wrong I thought he answered all Matt Chapman`s questions in an articulate and concise manner.
Report sparrow September 12, 2015 5:34 PM BST
I backed Bondi today. But last Sunday I backed that good 2 year old filly of Candy's that Atzeni won on at Salisbury and he barged his way out there also.
Report Whippin Piccadilly September 12, 2015 5:35 PM BST
I like AA, I think he's an excellent jockey but he was too rash with his attempt to get out. Of course it would looked awful to watch him sit and suffer while going really well but he should have waited or been brave (lose a few lengths) and pull the filly back and switched to the outside. You can't just barge out like that and I now hope all stewards up and down the land use this race as a guide when making decisions to amend results.
Report tashkent terror September 12, 2015 5:37 PM BST
gpz...it's tactics (and racing for you)...certain jockeys have been well known to get themselves boxed in a 2 or 3 horse race.
Report gpz6316 September 12, 2015 5:40 PM BST
lots of tracks use a false rail . the answer would be to create one that put them all in the middle of the course in the final 2f
Report koikeeper September 12, 2015 5:45 PM BST
gpz6316 12 Sep 15 17:29
so with that argument if i keep you in . and lean on you , then you cant win because you will have to make an illegal manouvere to get out

Thats race riding.... look at the grey gatsby against free eagle, sp;encer had to sit and suffer.
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 5:53 PM BST
How about this one lads....Found could end up be awarded the race...
Report als boy September 12, 2015 5:53 PM BST
The murphyia will get this one binned as well
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 5:55 PM BST
Kevin Blake discombobulating big time.
Report Cider September 12, 2015 5:55 PM BST
RS
Report tartangigha September 12, 2015 5:57 PM BST
Best horse won ! Simple as that, the rancid irish lad on ATR aint a happy bunny
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND September 12, 2015 6:01 PM BST
Nothing FD could do. However in these circumstances, as it would be unfair for Found who was not involved
to get it RS would be right, and the prize money as winner goes to the 3rd. Nothing to do with backing the winner
pre race and in the SE. Free Eagle was also running a round.
Report Cider September 12, 2015 6:02 PM BST
Cool
Report HarmonicaPhil September 12, 2015 6:03 PM BST
This "best horse won" business is completely subjective and utter nonsense
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND September 12, 2015 6:03 PM BST
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM GTFI........NEVER IN DOUBT.   Honest Tongue OutWink
Report EastLower Gooner September 12, 2015 6:07 PM BST
Ran across the shadow of the grandstand - The excuse the Stewards were happy with.
Report ima_mazed66 September 12, 2015 6:26 PM BST
gpz6316     12 Sep 15 17:29 

Keeping in is fine if you are only holding your line, leaning in is another argument but then it's open to interpretation what is holding your line and what is leaning in.

tartangigha     12 Sep 15 17:57 
Best horse won ! Simple as that, the rancid irish lad on ATR aint a happy bunny

Best horse won or best horse was FPTP?
Report woodmanchester September 12, 2015 6:45 PM BST
Feel gutted for Simple Verse connections and jockey in tears. The filly was supplemented too. Now the appeals to come
Report roggrain September 12, 2015 8:25 PM BST
The stewards gave Colm 2 days for excessive use of the whip. Obviously they didn't take that into consideration in arriving at their

decision re the placings. I think Atzeni used the whip twice. It seems some rules are enforced and others ignored.
Report ima_mazed66 September 12, 2015 8:46 PM BST
I'm not trying to justify Donoghue's use of the whip here but I'd much rather see a jockey who has suffered interference go all out to try to get his horse's head in front on the line or at the very least finish as close up as possible to help his case with the stewards, rather that give up and get well beaten and then give them an easy way out by saying the winning distance was too big for it to have been significant.
Report howard September 12, 2015 8:52 PM BST
I would say that a bump like that is nearly always  forgiven when the winning distance is a neck or more. It will cause a real storm if Simple Verse gets the race back because punters at the track will have backed a CLASSIC winner and not been paid. So any change will get much more bad publicity than normal. Did all betting shops pay out ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com