Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Layboy
13 Jun 15 09:44
| Topic/replies: 1,380 | Blogger: Layboy's blog
Turned over after 20 minutes again its lifeless drivel and I want info on the days racing, not watching jockey cams for a 20 runner sprint on the fastest track in the UK, then listen to them use that as an example of the difficult job jockeys have. WALOFSAngry
Pause Switch to Standard View Channel Four you have destroyed our...
Show More
Report Facts June 13, 2015 9:48 AM BST
Yep.
Report saddo June 13, 2015 9:50 AM BST
If it's consistently poor why do people consistently watch it? Off button.
Report Facts June 13, 2015 9:51 AM BST
Just to be consistent I guess
Report YOMOMMA June 13, 2015 9:52 AM BST
ladyboy is correct. wot a borefest.
Report spyker June 13, 2015 9:54 AM BST
Has it ever been anything other then crap? I can't remember it ever being watchable so I don't - it's really very easy!
Report saddo June 13, 2015 9:55 AM BST
There is pap on tv every night, easy to swerve it rather than watch it and complain.
Report knot in wood June 13, 2015 9:59 AM BST
might be a nice bloke but anything involving fitzgerald gets either the mute button or switching off completely.
Report Facts June 13, 2015 10:00 AM BST
But ML is supposed to be a programme devoted to the sport we love. Therefore not supposed to be like the mindless pap spewed out on day/evening tv. Which we wouldn't tune into because we have no interest in the subject matter. But this we do. And therefore when it presents horse racing in such a dire and trite way it does the industry no good whatsoever and frustrates the hell out if anyone watching,who has even the modicum of knowledge about the game.
It's patronising and  condescending drivel.
Report EastofEden June 13, 2015 10:03 AM BST
thats the point spyker.
it used to be on for half an hour only when it first started and maybe it was marginally better then.
or maybe it wasnt.who really gives a shyte anyway
if you dont like it there are loads of really interesting cooking and home improvement programmes to watch on other channels
Report Facts June 13, 2015 10:04 AM BST
See above
Report EastofEden June 13, 2015 10:14 AM BST
how to improve it though ?
they have gone for a rather more serious approach as compared with the old mob and now its possibly too dull
would probably be best to kick it into touch altogether
Report EVILROYSLADE June 13, 2015 10:23 AM BST
Today was utter garbage. Better when McCririck,  Francome and co were on. That Gina creature is as dumb as a slug.
Report Sparrow Hawk June 13, 2015 10:27 AM BST
Would you bring back all the old gang
Report Off the toe June 13, 2015 10:28 AM BST
Dumbed down dross especially so this week...
Report metro john June 13, 2015 10:29 AM BST
The weather was drab this morning , I think most people  feeling low, but must agree the program needs too change format, lifeless it was, the same old,from the same faces, lets talk about todays events, lets not dwell on jockeys(Forgive me I mean no insult and respect Brian) Not a fan of Mick myself (not the man) would prefer Jim and co on if they would only talk of their fancies a little more in the morning and not 1 min before a race, Tanya?(sorry not for me for a long time), no bookmakers please we are patronized enough, and most can see through it.Improvements ,only discuss the races on channel 4 that given day, no need too discuss racing around the country and weather conditions(a boring waste), more form focus , less stable visits , more personalities, more humor and debate. Tar.
Report metro john June 13, 2015 10:33 AM BST
The newness of the program wore off years ago , perhaps the viewers with it, just could be it can never be retrieved, so maybe a time for a new brand , new name for the show? with a month break in between? and new faces?
Report EvgenyKissin June 13, 2015 10:37 AM BST
Do you remember the days of McCririck, Francome, Lord Oaksey ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh halcyon days! The people are really dull now.
Report metro john June 13, 2015 10:50 AM BST
But the program was new, and that could be the key factor? New name , run going and meetings in opening titles or at end, change format on a weekly basis possible,if they continue at present observed shrinkage in viewers? someone somewhere will be discussing this I am sure.A new brand launched later(time - timewise)

If only they had changed the Bank Brands(for no one trusts them now)
Report EastofEden June 13, 2015 11:05 AM BST
surely the old gang were mainly a bunch of freeloaders who had been too long on the gravy train and got complacent.stale and boring.most on here were saying good riddance at the time
Report Layboy June 13, 2015 11:09 AM BST
Well I am glad its not only me. I would bring Francombe and even Mccririck back. I am sure Tanya, Gina, Persad, Nick Luck etc are all lovely people but entertaining and informative they are not. I like Micky Fitz, not everyones cup of tea, but I think if you put him with Francombe you would see an entertaining chalk n cheese double act.
Matt Chapman instead of Persad/Luck and surely there are people more comfortable in front of camera than Stevenson.

Mccririck/Francombe/Mcgrath are all masters of playing devils advocate and thats what used to make the show.
Report Big_Issue June 13, 2015 11:19 AM BST
It was never any good, just that prior to Satellite race channels, it's all there was regards the discussion of the day's racing, now it's wall to wall.
Report roggrain June 13, 2015 11:20 AM BST
It's about as exciting as porridge,(without the nutritional value.)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com