Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rowley1986
03 Dec 14 18:14
| Topic/replies: 55 | Blogger: Rowley1986's blog
Hes a good looking chap.
Pause Switch to Standard View is Neil Channing a virgin?
Show More
Report Latalomne December 3, 2014 6:21 PM GMT
I'm guessing he's a fan of The Big Bang Theory.
Report bannahan December 3, 2014 6:22 PM GMT
A million on......yeap

Bet he smashes himself silly however on his super fast lappy toppy thing Crazy
Report bannahan December 3, 2014 6:27 PM GMT
Say again Koddy......You have lost me
Report BigglesFlysUndun December 3, 2014 6:27 PM GMT
poker earnings Neil Channing   $2449,536
Report bannahan December 3, 2014 6:28 PM GMT
Sawt yaw commas aaaat
Report Mikael D'Haguenet December 3, 2014 6:31 PM GMT
Seems a decent enough bloke to me.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:31 PM GMT
Mock him all you like, he might be a virgin but for some people their hobbies mean more than some made up marry and have kids BS, its 2014 not 1900 lads, the days of marriage and settling are long gone.

I'd rather my horse win by a nse and win me £500 rather than sex, which is totally overrated anyway, nothing beats your horse coming up the rail and you willing the bastard on and it nails it on the line, nothing like it on this fu cking earth, I did something that I couldn't do at work, or down at the dole queue, I used my knowledge, I weighed up the odds, I studied the form and I was RIGHT... < Dr Fitz Cracker

And he was right nothing does beats that feeling, no woman can offer a bloke that sort of feeling and I'm sure a woman who gambles will say the same thing as well.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet December 3, 2014 6:33 PM GMT
He doesn't think online poker is r1gged, HB!
Report Mikael D'Haguenet December 3, 2014 6:34 PM GMT
Channing, not Cracker.
Report EastofEden December 3, 2014 6:35 PM GMT
luxuriant head of hair
Report tinytuco December 3, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
If you see him at a poker table, don't sit down.

The guy talks a lot of sense, most of the habitual losers and haters on here could learn a thing or two.

Oh sorry, they don't want  to learn, they enjoy losing and hating too much.
Report Biscar Two from a mile back December 3, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
He has no time for s3x, too busy making money hthWink
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:38 PM GMT
It isn't **** its juiced up though, I've been playing still, having calmed down after all my bad beats I've since done a little better, only been playing a month, I've learned that I have to be more aggressive with my better hands and take them off the pot early if I can, before I was slow rolling it and letting them hit their flushes etc, I have even apologised to Ladbrokes for my outburst, which was over the top and I apologised. Its totally different to live play though and I have learned I also have to play more aggressively.

Still down at this moment in time but holding my own a bit better now, will take time though, but I stand by what I said before that its set up for action.

Cracker Mikael was programme in the 90s, he said that quote in the episode "to say I love you" I think but might be wrong.
Its a good watch imo and I'd recommend it to anyone who is into murder type shows.
Report windsor__boy December 3, 2014 6:40 PM GMT
A very good man, has made a fortune and is on television discussing it.

A few fools sitting at home can do no better than make inane remarks.

I know who I respect more.
Report 1830 December 3, 2014 6:41 PM GMT
Yep
Seems to be making a lot of sense to me.
Report windsor__boy December 3, 2014 6:42 PM GMT
Agreed.
Report Thin and Crispy December 3, 2014 6:43 PM GMT
OP sounds like a loser taking solace in not being a virgin.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:43 PM GMT
**** implies people around the table know your cards and that would be too far fetched, something like that wouldn't stay quiet and would be out in the open imo, but the boards are generally more juiced up, If you have KK the likelihood of a A hitting on the flop happens a lot and there's always someone playing a raggie Ace, but no I defiantly would not say "****".

And yes he's a sound bloke, I roll my eyes at the "he's a virgin" quotes though, or mocking him because of his "virginity", we don't know that and so what if he is??, some people enjoy different things, some people aren't hogged up animals, and he's a decent bloke by the sounds of it.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
I'd rather listen to him than fu cking "fractions" man, Willow is one boring fu cker, and this fellow puts him to shame imo.
Report bannahan December 3, 2014 6:44 PM GMT
You can win money and be a sex machine at the same time imo Cool
Report windsor__boy December 3, 2014 6:45 PM GMT
Agreed Thin.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet December 3, 2014 6:45 PM GMT
If you have KK up against A-rag, it's about 30% likely that the ace will hit. Unless I'm making it up!
Report Virgin December 3, 2014 6:49 PM GMT
bannahan  AGREED Cool

I still haven't cracked the gambling yet though Whoops
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:49 PM GMT
Agreed banna, but people in this day and age are quick to mock someone who might not be as sexually active or don't come across as such, some people prefer to be themselves and follow their dreams or whatever.

The bloke also said this about people who don't want a job "God bless em".... He's a legend, at least he doesn't agree with those idiots who only read mainstream tabloid filth, we are all different and some of us don't like being ordered about by some di ckhead in a suit who wouldn't take us on in any other form of social life other than the sh it hole their running at "work", they have that bit of power are mentally weak people when it comes to using it imho.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 6:52 PM GMT
Mikael - Maybe but its best left to the poker thread this, as I say I'll keep playing because despite the rants I'm persistent with anything I do and I will keep playing and learning.
Report bannahan December 3, 2014 6:54 PM GMT
Virgin LaughLaugh
Report tinytuco December 3, 2014 6:58 PM GMT
**** - hes just given my golf edge away :(
Report HorseBurger1989 December 3, 2014 7:03 PM GMT
Problem is he is giving a lot away LaughLaugh, you shouldn't give away your "edge", because soon as you do other people will use it and then it becomes harder until eventually impossible to win as the market wises up to it.

He's very knowledgeable though
Report tinytuco December 3, 2014 7:06 PM GMT
Sorry horse, meant wedge not edge..........
Report tinytuco December 3, 2014 7:11 PM GMT
haha hes doin the tennis guys in now!!!!!!!!
Report crepello December 3, 2014 7:12 PM GMT
Rowley1986 - whatever else you may be you are certainly an idiot ....
Report scaredmoney December 3, 2014 7:33 PM GMT
A very pleaant bloke,he had a bird about 2 years ago....Margerat???  Something like that
Report dambuster December 3, 2014 7:37 PM GMT
Lunatic when he was laying on course, even he'd tell you that.
Had an opinion and stuck to it...done his money though.. So sticks to what he knows best, poker, good luck to him, nice guy
Report ZEALOT December 3, 2014 9:06 PM GMT
Wish he was my mate
Report kennythebetboy December 3, 2014 9:42 PM GMT
OP:
Is Neil Channing a Virgin?

Answer:
Don't know,,,,,,,,, but his Mum is !! ,,,,,,,DevilLaughLaugh
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 1:04 AM GMT
Had an opinion and stuck to it...done his money though.. So sticks to what he knows best, poker, good luck to him, nice guy

Hopefully he never criticises the software online poker uses, been playing again tonight and just listen to this total BS

Set of 7s, done on the river to a set of 9s
A high straight, done to a king flush on the river
full house 22333, done to quad Jacks on the river
A high straight (AGAIN), done to a 9 high flush on the turn
set of Aces, done to a 34567 straight on the river

Countless times my top pair was done in on the river, and countless times my High which was leading was then done to a pair which they hit on the turn or river, this is not a lie and anyone who has criticised the poker software will probably testify as well, including magic612 who did the youtube videos

Since criticising Ipoker software I have been done with top hands most of the time and done me £100 I put in (AGAIN), not once tonight I mugged someone off on the river.

From my experience (and this is my experience and nobody else's, so don't want the abuse) I've been well and truly mugged off, I wont say I'm quitting again as I said that last time and stupidly went back to be done up the ar se again so will just say I hope to have the strength to resist, hopefully the bitter sour taste its left in my gob will stop me, but can't guarantee it Sad

Like I said it might be different for some others on here but for me it only ever goes one way, wont be emailing Ladbrokes or Betfair as I hope to have the strength not to play again. Its left an horrible taste and if it is true about people who criticise online poker software (which a lot online forums do) then its sad.

Hopefully your experience is better than mine.
Report Mikael D'Haguenet December 4, 2014 11:44 AM GMT
HorseBurger1989     04 Dec 14 01:04 

Hopefully he never criticises the software online poker uses, been playing again tonight and just listen to this total BS

Set of 7s, done on the river to a set of 9s
A high straight, done to a king flush on the river
full house 22333, done to quad Jacks on the river
A high straight (AGAIN), done to a 9 high flush on the turn
set of Aces, done to a 34567 straight on the river

Countless times my top pair was done in on the river, and countless times my High which was leading was then done to a pair which they hit on the turn or river, this is not a lie and anyone who has criticised the poker software will probably testify as well, including magic612 who did the youtube videos

I'm guessing you're still playing very low level limit. The low stakes aren't really the issue, it's the fact it's limit. People nearly always have the odds to call and when it's only costing them pennies to have a look, the fish are definitely going to want to see that river. If you're going to play limit, you really need to up the stakes. While the odds to call won't change, the fact it's not costing just 4c, or whatever, to see the next card will make players think differently. Try giving tourneys a whirl, even single table ones. The suck outs and bad beats will still happen though!
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 12:13 PM GMT
Mikael - not saying no one can make a profit, as my dad plays a bit online with coral poker and has been steadily building a bankroll over the last 2 months, he started with a tenner and has built it up to over 230, he's put an extra 10 and 20 in as well mind and only plays for a few hours Mon-Thur as he works Fri Sat Sun, but he's much better when it comes to raising etc, he's much better at reading the board than me as well, although I have learned a lot playing, like I know when the bastard is chasing a flush or straight, but I know its possible to win, not disputing that, but the fact I keep getting sucked out on as made it a game to dread now more than enjoy.

Like I say it might be me I don't know, maybe I don't raise enough to them off (on NL) I don't know, but the river beats are starting to get on my ti ts. I think it comes down to the betting side of it, raise more and force them to fold, bt there's always idiot players who still might call it.

Someone did say "I lack patience there for cant win".. Patience is something I have but when it happens time and time again on the river patience isn't the issue. Will need to play more and learn I suppose, need to learn how much to raise etc.

Having watched my dad play last night (don't get to see him play often) I know it can be done, the way he raised and got them to fold was quite interesting to watch, he never checked when having a top hand, which I do all the time to try and get value, it was fun watching him win money, only for me to then slow roll the bastards an hour later on Ladbrokes and get killed on the turn or river CryLaugh

I still think its juiced up for action but I honestly think its possible to win. Will have a few weeks off and then go back to it.
Report duncan idaho December 4, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
EastofEden
03 Dec 14 18:35

luxuriant head of hair

Laugh

tho head should read eyebrow
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 1:56 PM GMT
Mickael maybe correct, in that going up to medium/higher stakes on the whole is much better has no one calls down big raises looking for their 2 outers.

The bloke who mugged me off with thos 9s to hit his straight, had playing a week ffs, "I've only played a week and I'm doing pretty good".... he also mugged some other poor player on the river a few hands earlier as well, he went chasing both times and hit the fu cking motherload both times, I told him not to get his hopes up as he wont get the cards on call for much longer, he didn't know he'd his straight ffs, that's how bad some players are, and his reason for chasing it was this ... "I felt it was going to give it me".................... Cry.. Laugh.. fu cking hilarious
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:00 PM GMT
KOD - Not saying its not possible to make profit, you keep your head down and grind it then yes maybe its possible to make profit, my dad says "you have to know if its an action flop and whether its trying to cause action for rake", maybe my dad understands the whole software better than I do, I don't know how anyone can throw sets online, some say if someone starts raising over then throw them, we're throwing sets now are we, that's ridiculous it sounds, a set should be gold mine, not just another standard hand.

possible but maybe you do have to understand the software, and know when its causing action etc.

But even you cant deny I've been su cked out on with those hands KOD
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:26 PM GMT
I once played Q4 suited in limit, no queen or nice board of 8 9 10 landed for me, I play pretty strong hands and they never hold up in big pots, so 9s and dropping a 9 for a set isn't strong now then ??

Q4 pre flop is stronger then?

Ok KoD but your fishing for a rise out of me on this one Laugh, how anyone can say those bad beats are "standard" just leaves me with my gob wide open. fine bad beats happen, but the amount of them in "big pots" against me is just too far fetched, I've been bad beated live on the river with a set and he chased and got his flush, fine it happens but my previous 4 sets held up live, my last 3 sets haven't held up in big pots online, my last 2 flushes haven't held up in big pots, christ even my last full house didn't held up in a big pot.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:28 PM GMT
Its the amount of "big pot" bad beats that leves a sour taste, every time it becomes a pretty big pot I fear the worse tbh. Would you see a professional throw a set live KOD?
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:30 PM GMT
I'm a big boy I can take losing money, I have no responsibilities and are never likely too either, so can freely lose money and not give a rats ar se about it. but those beats are eating away, I had them beat and they still chased and hit it, money not bothered, I would just like to win one tbh, it winds me up.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
Not at this moment no KOD, the game has me pis sed me off something chronic, maybe when I've cooled off in a couple of weeks.
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:38 PM GMT
Due some luck, it don't work like that KOD Laugh. only hope I have at the moment with regards to poker is no hope, and being done in by you (add in bad beats) would kill me Laugh
Report pablo-fanque December 4, 2014 2:47 PM GMT
burger , poker is a great game to play and there are a few levels of ability as to how good you are .
you can't be great at it after a few months , maybe 2-3 years after a few million hands .
KOD is showing he has great knowledge of the game , you would do well to listen to his advice . also , watch tournaments on the tv , sky poker 861 ( also free to watch online ) , channel 4 show a few . read books , etc .

i am about level 3 out of 10 on a good day Happy, but some people can't achieve level 10 no matter how long they play .

good luck
Report HorseBurger1989 December 4, 2014 2:50 PM GMT
Play on high stakes, KOD I'm being mullered on medium lower stakes, no chance of me beating the better players on the higher stakes ffs Laugh

And Pablo totally agree, I don't consider myself level 5 even maybe level 4 out of 10 at a push. But the bad beats do only seem to be happening to me, watching me dad last night brought it home how far behind I am, he knows all the permutations etc, I have a lot to learn, and will probably sit on low stakes for laughs at the moment.
Report Kerrygold December 4, 2014 10:25 PM GMT
thought this thread would be gone by now , anyhow knowing what i do about Channing ..i sure would not want to book his bets ..no chance.

not sure why people are having a go at the bloke...
Report duncan idaho December 5, 2014 8:32 AM GMT
some of them have a go at anyone and anything, kerry...it's as natural as breathing to them now
Report Send.in.the.clowns December 5, 2014 12:03 PM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com