Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
factmachine
05 Nov 14 13:28
| Topic/replies: 4,783 | Blogger: factmachine's blog
ONCE AGAIN GREAT NEWSHappy
Pause Switch to Standard View RCA WARNING OVER PITCH RENTING!
Show More
Report Racecourse Regular November 5, 2014 1:33 PM GMT
First checks to me made at a meeting this Saturday apparently Fact , some are rushing to get employment contracts e.t.c drawn up in time
Report adge November 5, 2014 1:56 PM GMT
words mean little. when they start checking employment statements , financial records and income tax status then it will be virtually gone.
the AGT can make a start by checking which or who's exchange account is logged into , but I won't hold my breath
Report johnnywilkinson November 5, 2014 2:39 PM GMT
ARE WE ALLOWED TO PUT A BOARD UP THE SAME AS SELLING YA HOUSE ....LET BY ??
Report Racecourse Regular November 5, 2014 3:00 PM GMT
youd only need one sign made up then just photocopy it 100 times in colour job done
Report democrat November 5, 2014 3:07 PM GMT
The RCA can fast track their efforts by starting with schedule Y's that are as long as your arm. Pitch renters will only appreciate there is serious intent behind this initiative once the RCA /GC make an example of the first offender they identify.
Report IanP November 5, 2014 3:13 PM GMT
Or checking the status of individuals who are on multiple Sch Y's
Report factmachine November 5, 2014 3:32 PM GMT
RCA,PLEASE NOTE COULD WE(ONCOURSE BOOKMAKERS)HAVE ONE BOOKMAKER AND ONLY ONE REP WHO CAN ONLY BET FOR THAT BOOKMAKER,IF IN DOUBT PUT IT TO THE VOTE!
Report factmachine November 5, 2014 3:34 PM GMT
FOR GODS SAKE DONT ASK ANY OF OUR REPS!
Report factmachine November 5, 2014 3:36 PM GMT
ABOVE MEANING ARB,NBPA,SBPA,NAB,RBA,FRB!
Report adge November 5, 2014 5:26 PM GMT
NBPA directors meeting tomorrow...any questions anybody want answers for ?
Report sugarsteve1 November 5, 2014 7:16 PM GMT
Think those attending will be asking plenty!
Report factmachine November 5, 2014 8:42 PM GMT
SPOT ON STEVE!
Report gills nut November 5, 2014 8:50 PM GMT
Don't see how they can stop it, eg 'bookie turns up with a kid to work his mates pitch' who's the rep? the kid is. How can they stop em?
Report gills nut November 5, 2014 8:51 PM GMT
I don't like pitch renters btw, but I cant see how they can stop it.
Report democrat November 5, 2014 10:25 PM GMT
Nobody to appear on more than one schedule Y to be a start gills. Possibly no bookmaker to have more names on schedule Y than he can operate on any one day.
Report carpet1 November 6, 2014 7:43 AM GMT
gills

first thing is to make sure the kid uses his bosses  exchange account.

not the mate using his account.
Report adge November 6, 2014 6:00 PM GMT
finally stopped talking , been a long , long day
Report paulie wallnuts November 6, 2014 6:22 PM GMT
I think they shouldn't stop this pooling that they do where they have about 5 pitches.....if 10 of them came together and formed a company....then maybe they might lay a 3 figure bet......
What a shower of horrible fiddlers that are left on racecourses nowadays... a disgrace to the profession....
Report johnnywilkinson November 6, 2014 7:16 PM GMT
SAME OLD STORY PEOPLE IN POWER ABUSING THERE POSITION,,,,ONE THING ABOUT ADGE AND PEOPLE SUCH AS PAUL JOHNSON COMMITTEE MEN PAST AND PRESENT THEY HAVE PLAYED WITH A STRAIGHT BAT
Report adge November 6, 2014 7:21 PM GMT
I bet that you're the life and soul of the party in your local , paulie , with all your fairy stories
Report johnnywilkinson November 6, 2014 7:22 PM GMT
AHHH BUT CAN HEPLAY DOMINOES
Report sugarsteve1 November 6, 2014 7:52 PM GMT
Adge

Were those present able to make a square peg, fit a round hole?
Report Big_Issue November 6, 2014 7:55 PM GMT
How can you expect a group to be able to control or represent all of this penny pinching rabble, who would raffle their granny if they could make a couple of quid out of it, especially if they could lay off on the exchange?
Report democrat November 6, 2014 9:19 PM GMT
Ok adge knowing how discreet you need to be - was anything of any substance discussed and any decision/s made that is/are of any relevance ? If so I appreciate you might not be able to go into detail.
Report adge November 6, 2014 10:10 PM GMT
something must have been because it lasted nearly five hours but most was northern racecourse and point to point stuff.
aspects regarding the gambling commission and other bodies but nothing to worry you.
one piece of info you won't be too happy with ..............AGT will be holding their hand out for another £100 donation before Christmas from all bookmakers
Report democrat November 6, 2014 10:28 PM GMT
£100 for what ?
Report democrat November 6, 2014 10:29 PM GMT
Is 'the landlord' concerned about the RCA's 'renting initiative' ? Wink
Report adge November 6, 2014 10:53 PM GMT
you paid £100 last September..the daily fee was going up from £20 to £22 [ tatts] from 1st jan but that has now bee frozen at £20 but the annual fee is being collected again.
Report adge November 6, 2014 10:55 PM GMT
waiting to see for AGT probable spot checks  ???
Report adge November 6, 2014 11:01 PM GMT
btw actually saw the exact wording of the bryan hazel notice that has caused a degree of publicity , clearly an over reaction by the racecourses ,seems ok to me with just a little adjustment.
Report democrat November 6, 2014 11:06 PM GMT
Are you concerned re Betfair software change ramifications wef 10/11 ?
Report adge November 6, 2014 11:49 PM GMT
hard to fathom , especially when talking to the "elite" system owner today and he says they have no problem with their system with betfair software updates
Report democrat November 7, 2014 3:21 PM GMT
Hope you are not thinking of jumping ship ! Wink
Report adge November 7, 2014 4:48 PM GMT
no , after tomorrow I only do one day [ next Saturday at wetherby ] before Christmas.
it's just that talking to iain of elite he was quite surprised to hear that exante had any problem as elite had been working with betfair over the last 6 weeks and all updates had gone and were going through smoothly with his system
Report democrat November 7, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
Thanks for that adge - have a good one next Saturday. Any golf on the go at the moment ?
Report adge November 7, 2014 5:28 PM GMT
yes and at present I'm in a bit of a mess , not going well , but it's only day 2
Report muldvap November 8, 2014 1:43 PM GMT
adge, just to clarify... for yonks now, certainly over a year, Betfair have allowed access to their new API (Betfair NG) to enable software providers to update their applications to ensure a continuity of service when the old API was retired.  We have updated our system accordingly during this time and for the last few months encouraged (badgered!) users to start using the new API so that they would experience minimal (if any) disruption when the old API is switched off.

Given the length of time that providers have had to make the necessary updates, I was surprised to hear that Exante users had been told they would be unable to access Betfair through their software for an estimated two weeks, presumably while they recode.  As you say adge - hard to fathom!
Report adge November 8, 2014 6:16 PM GMT
thanks muldvap
Report democrat November 8, 2014 8:49 PM GMT
How did you become aware of the need to update muldvap and if you were given direct notification when was the earliest you knew ?
Report adge November 9, 2014 9:32 AM GMT
no security checks by AGT at Doncaster. in fact didn't see a ring manager all day long , but it was miserable weather
Report muldvap November 9, 2014 12:14 PM GMT
democrat, we became aware of the planned update to the API from notices posted across the Betfair developers site; given that Exante's software has recently been rewritten I'd have thought it would have been hard for them to miss.  Since it wasn't by direct notification I can't say exactly when we first became aware, but looking back at release notes Betfair released the new API on the 29th Jul '13 and it was included in our update on 6th Jan '14 - hope that helps.
Report democrat November 9, 2014 7:29 PM GMT
Much appreciated muld. Are you saying that up until now two versions of the API interface ( if that is what they are ) have worked side by side but wef 10/11/15 only the modified routine will work ?
Report Racecourse Regular November 9, 2014 8:40 PM GMT
As previously announced, API 6.0 (& all previous versions) will be retired on the 10th November 2014.

Please Note: From the 10th November applications using API 6.0/5.0 will no longer be able to connect or operate. Please migrate now to avoid any disruption, if you haven’t done so already.

API 6.0 is replaced by the new Betfair API (api.developer.betfair.com/services/webap...) which was first released into production on the 29th July 2013.

API-NG is available free of charge to all Personal API customers until at least 12th January 2015. We will provide two months’ notice of any intended API-NG pricing changes and will offer a free access API-NG product as part of any future pricing scheme.

Free access is only available to private customers and licensed software venders: developer.betfair.com/default/api-s-and-...

Commercial access is subject to our normal licensing requirements.
Report muldvap November 9, 2014 11:40 PM GMT
That's correct democrat, from January onwards we gave users the option to choose which API they wanted to log in to.  Obviously from tomorrow only the NG API will work.
Report democrat November 10, 2014 1:31 PM GMT
Thanks once again. One last q - is the difference between the tow modules a total rewrite or a straightforward modification to the original ?
Report muldvap November 10, 2014 3:23 PM GMT
A total rewrite of the exchange side of the software.
Report democrat November 10, 2014 3:25 PM GMT
Thanks once again.
Report adge November 12, 2014 1:26 PM GMT
anyone who wants to rent any of my pitches please get in touch before sunday night please as I'm out of the country from Monday until march 2nd , except for two weeks at Christmas/new yesr.
so show some urgency
Report bbc2 November 12, 2014 1:39 PM GMT
rats leaving the sinking ship
Report democrat November 12, 2014 4:22 PM GMT
How did you know he was going on a cruise bbc2 ? Wink 'Sinking ship' ? I can feel a cancellation coming on !!!
Report bbc2 November 12, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
Laugh
Report TheNorfolkMafia November 13, 2014 12:01 AM GMT
Laugh
Report democrat November 13, 2014 1:52 PM GMT
Now the USA has cottoned on to soccer I wonder what they'll make of dominoes when adge hits town ? Laugh
Report adge November 13, 2014 2:11 PM GMT
connect 4 is more their thing
Report democrat November 13, 2014 2:39 PM GMT
Whatever turns you on adge ! Whoops
Report bbc2 November 13, 2014 4:28 PM GMT
where you off to this year adge
Report adge November 13, 2014 5:11 PM GMT
just florida and a few little islands from next Tuesday but a much longer exploration visit from early January till early march next year
Report bbc2 November 13, 2014 5:16 PM GMT
taking dominoes to the natives
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com