Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
notwhatwho
06 Oct 14 14:17
| Topic/replies: 2,586 | Blogger: notwhatwho's blog
website still f*cked.

what is it with theses idiots
Show More
Report gus October 6, 2014 2:33 PM BST
i think they may find next month that my Credit Card account is temporarily undergoing maintenance.

Please try again next century.

Thankyou for your patience.

Kindest Regards

gus
Report notwhatwho October 6, 2014 2:44 PM BST
id be thinking like that too gus if i didnt need it
Report roggrain October 6, 2014 2:50 PM BST
They deserve to go broke. People should be cancelling their subs. They are hopeless.
Report trigg October 6, 2014 2:52 PM BST
Been over a week since it worked. The site is down again today so no Ponte races today - very poor RUK
Report notwhatwho October 6, 2014 3:01 PM BST
its very poor but they know this and they dont care.
they got it sewn up.

the quicker all uk racing is free to air the better
Report jmdc October 6, 2014 3:19 PM BST
^ And what century do you think that'll be.
Report Stow_judge October 6, 2014 3:33 PM BST
They have the taste of money and they are unlikely to give it up. Have they properly considered the popularity of the sport and potentially enormous uplift in betting turnover where the channel to be totally free to air? Or is it not conceivable that this could cover the loss of subscriptions?

44200 RUK subscribers in 2012, not sure how many they have now.

This is not far short of 10 million in subs per year if I have my sums right.
Report duncan idaho October 6, 2014 4:00 PM BST
I'm probably being thick, SJ, but why would an uplift in betting turnover benefit a tv company that no longer gets subscriptions to provide pics? Is RUK owned/run solely by bookmakers?
Report notwhatwho October 6, 2014 4:23 PM BST
its gotta be sooner rather than later jmdc.

the game will be dead in ten years at this rate
Report redmal October 6, 2014 4:40 PM BST
I'm sending an email to cancel my account but they'll probably ignore it.
Report Levelsteakprophet October 6, 2014 5:16 PM BST
complete effing waste of time - hasn't worked for two weeks now
Report roggrain October 6, 2014 6:48 PM BST
If you're paying by direct debit,redmal,be sure to cancel it at your bank because they probably WILL ignore your e-mail!
Report racingstar October 6, 2014 7:16 PM BST
"the quicker all uk racing is free to air the better"

That ridiculous remark epitomises the "Freeloader" mentality on here.
Report dave1357 October 6, 2014 7:32 PM BST
racingstar - ruk are providing sub-standard service, are you so desperate to praise them at every opportunity that you can't even hold your tongue when their failures are blatant?
Report racingstar October 6, 2014 7:36 PM BST
I would never entertain Online RUK,Dave and therefore have no input re- the Service or lack of it.
Report rlh October 7, 2014 10:12 AM BST
Still no online viewing yet the bookmakers have it,"why is that" I ask "NO THEY DONT I`M TOLD, oh yes they do" I reply "Dont think so you must be mistaken,nobody has pictures"they reply,lol what a set of ****s.
"If thats the case I will pass on to my manager that other people/firms have pictures" then I say "when can we expect pictures"a pause a stutter "well we are hoping to hear something this morning,other than that I cant help you".
Absolutely pathetic.
Report Levelsteakprophet October 7, 2014 10:33 AM BST
all the while you are paying 0844 telephone rates to be told they can't help.
Report FrankRA October 7, 2014 12:27 PM BST
Its back,well it is here for the time being,I wonder for how long.
Report Stow_judge October 7, 2014 12:44 PM BST
duncan, more people following the sport would result in more betting turnover (& more levy which goes back to the courses). Also, more on course attendance & takings. We might also get more racehorse owners, better racing facilities, higher prize money. The list goes on. While we have a subscription model for the best of our racing, we are excluding an enormous no. of people that could potentially get involved in the sport.
Report Stow_judge October 7, 2014 12:45 PM BST
Racing UK is Britain’s premier horseracing channel, broadcasting live races from 34 of the UK’s top racecourses. The channel is available through Sky (Channel 432) , Virgin Media (536) , UPC (411) and IPTV  as well as online , mobile or in your business
Racing UK was successfully launched as a subscription channel in 2004 and its reputation as a destination for 'pure racing entertainment' has flourished ever since. Racing UK was formed by 30 top UK racecourses, who wanted more control over their media rights and distribution. The company itself is a revolutionary approach to sports media rights management, as it allows the racecourses to own, manage and develop their intellectual property across all platforms.
All profits are returned to these racecourses, improving prize monies and facilities for horseracing up and down the country. Find out more on our 100% profits message here.
With now 34 of the UK's best racecourses as shareholders, the channel is assured the finest Flat and Jumps racing that the sport can offer and boasts c.45,000 residential subscribers.
Racecourse Media Group Ltd (RMG) is the umbrella organisation for the 34 Racecourses, which holds their interest in Racing UK, Turf TV and GBI Racing.

http://www.racinguk.com/about-us
Report roggrain October 7, 2014 1:30 PM BST
Too bad they can't actually broadcast!
Report BigglesFlysUndun October 7, 2014 1:44 PM BST
gone again 13.42
Report gus October 7, 2014 3:03 PM BST
I think the trick is to log-in early.

I logged in at 11 am this morning and, believe it or not I've got pictures from Catterick!!!

Of course when everyone starts doing this you'll probably need to set your alarm for 4.30 a.m.

Dunno what the ration is ... first 10 subscribers, first 20, perhaps even first 100 on a good day!!
Report dave1357 October 7, 2014 4:13 PM BST

Oct 6, 2014 -- 7:36PM, racingstar wrote:

I would never entertain Online RUK,Dave and therefore have no input re- the Service or lack of it.

RUK had a perfectly acceptable online product with video faster than BF, for some reason they abandoned it in favour of the RUK nowhere offering.

Report FrankRA October 7, 2014 4:21 PM BST
FFS gone again.
Report notwhatwho October 8, 2014 2:42 PM BST
came on last night for the last couple of races at kempton and going strong today
Report notwhatwho October 10, 2014 1:38 PM BST
guess what forumites

its f@cked again

Jesus jumping christ
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com