Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Deltâ
22 May 14 18:43
| Topic/replies: 62,895 | Blogger: Deltâ's blog
in a photo...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 17
By:
bannahan
When: 22 May 14 18:45
The Hughes "lunge".....great racing
By:
bilbobaggins
When: 22 May 14 18:46
Yes - showed Murphy's limitations without a doubt.
By:
Chonaic
When: 22 May 14 18:49
shame he couldnt in the first
By:
easygold
When: 22 May 14 19:05
That comment will come back and bite you........... no question......... 7.50pm??
By:
easygold
When: 22 May 14 19:56
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
By:
dpm
When: 22 May 14 19:57
Well done Easygold.
By:
easygold
When: 22 May 14 19:59
Dpm.......... you know. These guys on this forum.......... . Cheers
By:
HorseBurger1989
When: 22 May 14 19:59
Murphy still useless when it comes to tight finishes when up against the likes of Moore Kirby Hughes.. his claim is getting him the winners at the moment, can't wait till he loses that and then we'll find out his limitations imo.. wd on the winner
By:
easygold
When: 22 May 14 20:04
Hi Horseburger, look it`s only his 2nd year riding against the big boy`s......... surely you understand that............. very few 3lb claimers are asked to ride in a Group 2 w/out their claim.

In due course this kid will make-it ............... no question.
By:
HorseBurger1989
When: 22 May 14 20:08
He needs to improve a little more yet but he is young and probably will no doubt. the claim for me at the moment gives him a massive edge in some races and I won't to see what he does on a regular basis without it. I still think Moore (when in the mood) is the best in the country imo.
By:
rmccarthy16
When: 22 May 14 20:14
You talk out your rear horseburger, did you not just see him get up on the line at salisbury a minute ago?

Very strong in the finish
By:
HorseBurger1989
When: 22 May 14 20:16
Not as strong as Moore or Hughes in the finish, proved by Hughes twice doing him in the last 2 days in a tight finish.
By:
duffy
When: 22 May 14 20:19
anyone saying that the claim is giving him a massive advantage at the moment by way of a criticism is proving the argument against their point!....it gives him a massive advantage because he's that bloody good already....when he loses his claim and onward, the strength/experience etc will come along to more than counter the claim going.
By:
rmccarthy16
When: 22 May 14 20:21
perhaps the fact that he's only been around for 2 seasons explains that? hughes and moore are multiple champion jockeys so it is a very poor comparison. Murphys better than half the pro jocks when you think of the standard run of the mill jockeys about, catlin, durcan, havlin, keniry, the list is endless. murphys far superior.

I suspect pocket talk is a factor here
By:
HorseBurger1989
When: 22 May 14 20:50

I suspect pocket talk is a factor here

Not at all, in fact in the last week I've backed one of Murphy's 4 times this week with 2 winners. just that I don't rate him as highly as you. we shall see what he does over the last few years.
By:
Ballydoyle
When: 22 May 14 21:36
Hughes is a **** arrogant prick who doesn't give a toss about the punter
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 23 May 14 00:52
When he loses the claim he still has to get the decent rides and won't have as much to offer in the group races as some of the more experienced big name jockeys nor any weight concession in handicaps like the next batch of crack apprentices can do.

If I was a trainer and had the choice of Ryan Moore to ride my Derby horse or Oisin Murphy then who do you think I will go for? Likewise if I have the top weight in a big handicap and feel my horse is weighted up to the maximum of its ability and can book Oisin Murphy once he can no longer claim or say Jason Hart claiming 3lbs then again who do you think I will go for? Highland Colori won the Ayr Gold Cup by 2¼L under Murphy when he was able to claim 5lbs, so effectively give the horse a 5lb penalty if he couldn't have claimed and would it still have won?

One of those defeats by Hughes yesterday was in the 6:40 at Salisbury where Murphy's horse was due to carry 9-7 but instead was reduced to 9-4 and Hughes's carried 9-6 where there was a short head between them at the line, which would have been more but for Murphy's claim and arguably it might have been a winner had a top 5lb claimer been booked instead. For his win on The Quarterback later on his horse was due to carry 8-8 but instead carried the same as the Hayley Turner ridden 2nd on 8-5 and won by a short head and I expect you can guess my next question now though?

If he's getting beaten by Hughes or only just winning against Turner with the benefit of his claim then it remains to be seen how he will he get on without it? I would also suggest he will only ever get mounts in the higher level races at the moment where he can't use his claim on a packed fixtures day where trainers are having to find jockeys from anywhere in those races.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com