Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Brownes Gazette would have won
14 Mar 14 17:07
| Topic/replies: 485 | Blogger: Brownes Gazette would have won's blog
So the stewards can sincerely state that the interference caused to the runner up didn't cost it the 2 inches it needed to win the race. Complete bollocks decision.
Pause Switch to Standard View Logic of the stewards
Show More
Report casemoney March 14, 2014 4:09 PM GMT
pointless having enquiries Plain
Report The Spinmaster March 14, 2014 4:10 PM GMT
Theres always the courts?  Kings Lake / To agori Mou (or however you spell the stupid name)....
Report TiptheOdds March 14, 2014 4:11 PM GMT
Stewards are bottling decsisions and making a mockery of the rules.
Report blackbarn March 14, 2014 4:12 PM GMT
Brownes - they are not saying that, nor UNDER THE RULES do they need to.  What they are saying UNDER THE RULES is that they cannot be sure (on the balance of probabilities) that the obvious interference cost the runner up the race. Simples reallyWink
Report Brownes Gazette would have won March 14, 2014 4:14 PM GMT
If the stewards consider that there has been interference, which they did, they simply need to establish 'did it cost it the race'. If you are beaten a diminishing short head and there was interference then obviously it cost the runner up the race. It shouldn't matter whether it's the Gold Cup or a seller at Sedgefield.
Report Brownes Gazette would have won March 14, 2014 4:16 PM GMT
Blackbarn, that is precisely my point. You can never be 100 percent sure of anything but you have to you blindingly obvious common sense.
Report blackbarn March 14, 2014 4:27 PM GMT
Brownes - you have summarised the issue PERFECTLY in your 16.14 post.  The problem is that on the balance of probabilities the stewards did not agree with you.
Report sageform March 14, 2014 4:37 PM GMT
Consistent with the rules of racing and that is what their job is. I backed the winner place only so made no difference to me financially. My only very small win bet was The Giant Bolster who was also unlucky in running.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com