Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
THETRUTHHURTS
27 Dec 13 18:44
| Topic/replies: 1,957 | Blogger: THETRUTHHURTS's blog
STRETCHER JOB AGAIN FOR THE LAYERS,BUT WHAT I FOUND EVEN MORE ANNOYING WAS WHEN I ASKED A BOOK FOR £400 AT 85/40 THE GUY ON THE BOX LAYS ME THE BET ONLY FOR THE CHAP WORKING  THE MACHINE TO TELL ME "ITS GONE NO BET" ANOTHER ONE ADDED TO THE HIT LIST!Angry
Pause Switch to Standard View ONCOURSE BOXING DAY SEDGEFIELD
Show More
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 6:50 PM GMT
only a stretcher job for those who just go bigger than the machine without doing any homework Wink
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 6:54 PM GMT
INTHEKNOW,U WOULD HAVE HAD BETTER VALUE PUNTINGLaugh
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 7:04 PM GMT
straight into the net with pretty average bait
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 7:05 PM GMT
WHOS KIDDING WHOLaugh
Report Racecourse Regular December 27, 2013 7:06 PM GMT
Truth you know that 75% of the ring bet overs for £100 on this one day of the year..... up from 65% this time last year
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 7:07 PM GMT
But you still make me laugh when betting next to me. Even though you kept poncing my fivers
Report Racecourse Regular December 27, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
The word 'On-Course Bookmaker' soon to be confined to the History Books for 'Bookmaker' substitute 'Agent'
Report Racecourse Regular December 27, 2013 7:08 PM GMT
Quite Ironic Really as in most other walks of life the internet has confined the agent to the history books..... think of an Insurance Broker
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 7:19 PM GMT
YES THE FIVERS AND POUND COINS CAME IN VERY HANDY AS THE PARK AND RIDE AFTER ALMOST EVERY RACE NOT ONLY RENDERED ME CASHLESS,BUT CHANGELESS,THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE I SHALL PUT IN A GOOD WORD WHEN I NEXT SPEAK TO YOUR GAFFERWink
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 7:20 PM GMT
SPOT ON RR
Report nineiron December 27, 2013 8:42 PM GMT
Good god
Betting overs for a hundred
I would of had to have two pitches on the go to bet overs for £80 at fontwell yesterday

Gonna have to get a pitch in the NE
Report johnnywilkinson December 27, 2013 8:43 PM GMT
BUT U WONT LAY 2-1 WHEN THERE GOING 85-40
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 8:59 PM GMT
even better value

first race about 11/8 or 6/4 each of 2 & one gets w/d well before the off

one book simply w/d the nr and left the other at 11/8 saying there would be a 40p R4 deduction

SP 2/5

Value with a capital V
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 9:00 PM GMT
sorry even better value SP = 4/11
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 9:05 PM GMT
INTHEKNOW,THE BOOK IN QUESTION LIKE YOUR SELF PROBABLY WASNT EVEN AWARE OF THE WITHDRAWAL,IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY I HAD TO INFORM U ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASIONLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 9:08 PM GMT
HAD TO LAUGH WHEN THE PA ANNOUNCED A NON RUNNER,WE ALL ADJUSTED THE BETTING ACCORDINGLY THEN HE ANNOUNCED IT WAS NOW A RUNNER AND THE ONE BELOW IT HAD BEEN WITHDRAWN,U COULDNT MAKE IT UPLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 9:09 PM GMT
No I managed to hear this w/d, it was all the others that I missed due to the chuntering of punters in your payout queue
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 27, 2013 9:10 PM GMT
LaughLaughHappySadCry
Report intheknow December 27, 2013 10:08 PM GMT
HAD TO LAUGH WHEN THE PA ANNOUNCED A NON RUNNER,WE ALL ADJUSTED THE BETTING ACCORDINGLY THEN HE ANNOUNCED IT WAS NOW A RUNNER AND THE ONE BELOW IT HAD BEEN WITHDRAWN,U COULDNT MAKE IT UP

There is no truth in the rumour that one book tried to take two 15p R4's Laugh
Report foxy December 28, 2013 7:33 AM GMT
who wouldn't lay the 85/40 ?
Report red lorry~ yellow lorry December 28, 2013 7:39 AM GMT
this could be quite a long list ~ bonkers a shade of odds on 4 me
Report foxy December 28, 2013 7:47 AM GMT
cant decide which is worse not laying the bet or having that price on the board in the first place.
Report foxy December 28, 2013 8:29 AM GMT
and as for that story from intheknow about the 40p rule 4 that just shows you what type of people have been let loose in the betting ring.
Report factmachine December 28, 2013 10:19 AM GMT
FOXY,THEY ALLEGEDLY HAVE NICE CHEESE IN THAT AREAWink
Report adge December 28, 2013 10:30 AM GMT
dave Cheshire ?
Report factmachine December 28, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaugh VERY GOOD ADGELaughLaughLaugh
Report factmachine December 28, 2013 10:35 AM GMT
IT WASNT DAVE CHESHIRE,STEVE STILLTON,OR GARY GOGANZOLA EITHER!!
Report factmachine December 28, 2013 10:36 AM GMT
ADGE U HAVE MADE MY DAYLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report onthejim December 28, 2013 10:41 AM GMT
Leic yesterday ,4 runner race , one firm, 85/40,85/40,7/2 and 9/2 on board at same time, we are well and truly fubar!
Report factmachine December 28, 2013 11:21 AM GMT
COME RACINGHappy PS WAS MARTIN OF RED LEICESTER THEREPlain
Report wasnot December 28, 2013 12:52 PM GMT
Jack Stilton?
Report onthejim December 28, 2013 1:06 PM GMT
yes to fact, no to wasnot.
Report johnnywilkinson December 28, 2013 5:26 PM GMT
YA ALL TOUCHED
Report foxy December 28, 2013 7:55 PM GMT
got it thetruth same firm only ones going 1/6th in the opener.
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
only 4 firms betting 1/4 odds in Tatts at Chepstow today,
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:06 PM GMT
on the big race....  announced on Ch4...... mose as well as said don;t go racing unless you want to get ripped off......   great publicity for the on-course game again.....
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
SPOT ON RR,THEY ARE KILLING THE GAME!
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:26 PM GMT
you would think the associations which stand for protection of trade do they not that they are supposed to represent would do something about it........ I cant understand it   Laugh
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
YEP THEY PROBABLY WILL WHEN THE RACECOURSES ARE TOTALLY DESERTED!
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:28 PM GMT
A letter to all members suggesting that bad PR could be bad for all concerned in the industry long term would be a minimum surely
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:30 PM GMT
Laugh
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
SEEING AS THE MAJORITY OF MEMBERS ARE NOW COMMISSION AGENTS MOST OF WHOM HAVE THE SKIN OF A RHINO,IM AFRAID BAD ISNT A CONSIDERATION!
Report adge December 28, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
did betfair pay 1/4 odds ?
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:32 PM GMT
BAD PR!
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:33 PM GMT
NO NEITHER DID WOOLWORTHSConfused
Report adge December 28, 2013 8:37 PM GMT
no , i didn't think they did
Report THETRUTHHURTS December 28, 2013 8:38 PM GMT
BETFAIR PLACE MARKET NON EXISTENT????????????????????????????????????????????
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 8:47 PM GMT
Adge- If you are saying that you think there is no reason for on-course Books to pay 1/4 odds, perhaps a letter to CH4 racing from the associations is in order to educate them accordingly and ask them not to suggest that the On-Course books should be paying 1/4 the odds
Report Racecourse Regular December 28, 2013 9:37 PM GMT
far too forward thinking and radical Wink
Report swampy December 29, 2013 9:24 AM GMT
With reference to the Bookmakers that are purely commission agents,could they display a yellow flag with a big C on it to make the punters aware of it.Ore would it clash with the gold flags that were introduced.
Report adge December 29, 2013 9:29 AM GMT
haven't seen what was said but if it's as you post RR and the tv company are saying or intimating that those that are betting 1/5th odds are offering exactly the same price as those betting to 1/4 odds they are telling lies.
we all did our surveys arround two or three years ago , I bet 1/4 odds until then but just could not compete without going overbroke with places.
the best example is the Cheltenham festival where as a member of the gold flag scheme I bet 1/4 odds when everyone else around me was 1/5th. I chose to match them price for price and found that in races like the coral cup and county hurdle over the last two years my place percentage has been 102% to 103%...now next march everyone is 1/4 in these races...bookmakers benefit races , don't make me laugh.

if anyone wants to see my computer and the place terms [ or anyone else for that matter ] they are always available and welcome. there is a great deal of ignorance about.

Report adge December 29, 2013 9:31 AM GMT
the gold [ yellow ] flag scheme ceases on the 31st dec btw , swampy
Report mmmalushka December 29, 2013 9:48 AM GMT
There can be no excuse for not betting to traditional ew terms especially on a 20runner showcase Welsh National.Fiddlers treating their customers with contempt and then they moan about the lack of punters midweek.
Report factmachine December 29, 2013 9:51 AM GMT
SPOT ON MMMAL!
Report adge December 29, 2013 10:01 AM GMT
the simple question is do racecourse punters want bigger prices or "traditional" each way terms.it is unworkable / unprofitable to have both
it's a choice where you two are in a large minority
Report Logistics December 29, 2013 10:06 AM GMT
Don't hear many complaints from either racegoers or bookmakers about the place terms in a 24 runner seller.Each way bets have been taken on course to correct terms for well over a 100 years but since the computor shows a bit of occasional e/w value bookies are running scared.End result, racegoers will bet on their mobiles.
Report foxy December 29, 2013 10:11 AM GMT
logistics

since the computer shows a bit of occasional value

nail on the head springs to mind
Report adge December 29, 2013 10:11 AM GMT
the last 24 runner seller was the first on ebor day until 4 years ago . they don't exist anymore.
nothing to gain betting each way on mobiles. good luck with that
Report Racecourse Regular December 29, 2013 10:26 AM GMT
Logistics the point about betting on the mobile is lost on most on-course books, everywhere you turn the firms are promoting the use of the on-line apps like mad, at the moment we have a generation/technology shift, that will change rapidly over the next 5-10 years in terms of the make up of the on course books customer and those carrying such an app round in their pocket whom may or may not choose to use it.

The majority of the on-course commission agents show no concern for the longevity of their business and just want to earn their next 5p by throwing nearly every bet back on here... rather than trying to offer a decent service to their customers or a viable alternative to the app that everybody will shortly carry round in their pockets...

Some try to offer decent customer service, a free sweet e.t.c..... but what is really needed is a collective effort on behalf of all concerned on this issue as well as others to ensure the on-course bookmaking industry survives for as long as is feasibly possible........ As fact states earlier in this thread, with 3/4 of any committee made up of some of the biggest commission agents going the chances of this happening is pretty remote.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com