Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 158 comments are related to the topic:
Geoff Banks and his support for standard each way terms

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 158
By:
mugbookie
When: 08 Sep 13 13:37
YES....LOOKED MUCH BETTER THAN IT ACTUALLY WAS.....18 BOOKS....BUSINESS DECIDEDLY AVERAGE.
By:
factmachine
When: 08 Sep 13 13:43
ShockedI WAS ACTUALLY CONSIDERING GOING,THOUGHT, THERE WOULD BE 10 BOOKS AT THE MOST,HOPE U WON.
By:
mugbookie
When: 08 Sep 13 13:54
LADIES EVENING...ONE OF THE BETTER SATURDAY NIGHTS...LESS THAN 3K TAKE FOR 400 SLIPS...I HOPED THERE WOULD BE 10 BOOKS....JUST LOST
By:
roo
When: 08 Sep 13 13:58
Just lost is a fair night at wolver isnt it ??
By:
factmachine
When: 08 Sep 13 14:02
YES ROO,IT STILL HAS TO BE THE NUMBER ONE FLAPPER IN THE COUNTRY THOUGH.
By:
mugbookie
When: 08 Sep 13 14:11
ROO - IT'S MOST DEFINITELY ONE OF THOSE PLACES...JUST WON...JUST LOST...NOT THE KIND OF PLACE TO EXPECT TO PAY THE MORTGAGE....OR THE RENT IF THINGS GO PARTICULARLY BADLY.Laugh
By:
roo
When: 08 Sep 13 14:17
I think its got a bit to find with lingfield tbh chaps, they put the triers up on the weighing room notice before each meeting there tbh.
By:
mugbookie
When: 08 Sep 13 14:24
COME ON NOW ROO....YOU KNOW FULL WELL EVERY HORSE IS TRYING...IN EVERY RACE...EVERYDAY...ALTHOUGH JUST OCCASIONALLY,SOME ARE MORE TRYING THAN OTHERS.Wink
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 08 Sep 13 21:25
isn't it all supposed to be about me??
By:
johnnywilkinson
When: 08 Sep 13 21:30
I THINK YOU WENT BY THE WAYSIDE AT QUARTER TO ELEVEN THIS MORNING IN THE MEANTIME WEVE TREKKED ACROSS POLAND AND ARRIVED BACK AT WOLVERHAMPTON
By:
johnnywilkinson
When: 08 Sep 13 21:31
IN BETWEEN WE WON A WORLD CUP
By:
johnnywilkinson
When: 08 Sep 13 21:32
AND YA OLD MAN WON BUNDLES
By:
wolf j flywheel
When: 08 Sep 13 21:39
good evening tim nice to see you in good form in the car park at haddock park yesterday ....a day for the straight good guys huh ?Excited
By:
factmachine
When: 08 Sep 13 21:43
GOOD EVENING WOLF J,YES THE GOOD GUYS GOT IT,BUT NOT WHAT I DID IN ON THE FRIDAYCry
By:
factmachine
When: 09 Sep 13 09:29
SPORTSADVISOR/GEOFF,SERIOUS QUESTION,DO U THINK U WILL STILL BE AN ONCOURSE BOOKMAKER STANDING IN YOUR OWN PICKS SAY IN 2 YEARS PLUS TIME?????????????? I WILL EXPLAIN THE REASON BEHIND THE QUESTION WHEN I BUMP IN TO U,REGARDS TIM.
By:
Racecourse Regular
When: 09 Sep 13 10:56
FACT - Yesterdays announcement in the Racing Post that free wifi will be available to all punters from the next meeting will not help (it has been in the testing stage at previous meetings)   Anybody with a Royal Ascot pitch has seen it's value half at least overnight with such an announcement.

We live in the technological age and customers demand wifi and venues they visit now be it Starbucks, MCDonalds the local Hotel e.t.c

Others thought not...... but since the racecourses struck the best deal on earth known to man with Racecourse books recently..... they can now hook up with a betting partner on raceday so as soon as you log-in to WIFI the site of that betting partner comes straight up and away you go............
By:
Davy Jones
When: 09 Sep 13 12:27
RR - People can bet on their 3G/4G phones without the wifi, we have to accept that the times are a changing!!

On course bookmakers still have an offering that appeals to punters on the day.
By:
factmachine
When: 09 Sep 13 12:44
RR,AS I HAVE POSTED ON PREVIOUS THREADS,PERSONALLY I DONT MIND COMPETITION AS LONG AS ITS FAIR,THE SIMPLE FACT IS THAT PUNTERS HAVE NEVER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF RACING HAD IT AS GOOD AS THEY NOW DO ONCOURSE THATS A FACT,SO IF BRINGING IN TRADITIONAL EWAY TERMS AND WIFI TO ALL RACECOURSES DOES AWAY WITH THE FLIMPERS AND COMMISSION AGENTS THEN IM ALL FOR IT(MOST OF WHOM STAND IN THE TOP 10% OF PICKS)WHAT I CANT BE STANDING FOR IS THE VERY SAME 10% AGREEING WITH RACECOURSES TO PAY A MARKETING FEE TO RACECOURSES AND BEING TOLD THAT IF I DONT SIGN THIS PIECE OF PAPER AGREEING TO SUCH OUTRAGEOUS CONTRACT THAT I WONT BE ALLOWED TO STANDAngry
By:
Racecourse Regular
When: 09 Sep 13 13:07
Yes Davy - But the network has been sporadic (verging on non-usuable) to say the least especially at big events...... An internal properly working WIFI at big events firstly Ascot, to follow at Cheltenham.........

Fact Spot On....... it is worse by the way, some are now trying to dictate what prices you put on your boards Wink
By:
Racecourse Regular
When: 09 Sep 13 13:09
Fact - You have seen the light long before many others, on-course books will eventually become like the offcourse firms having to go a bigger price to draw custom in...........
By:
frog2
When: 09 Sep 13 13:16
never refusing a wager

SPORTSADVISOR/GEOFF,

Do you mean you dont limit the stakes winning customers on your website?
By:
frog2
When: 09 Sep 13 13:16
*of winning customers
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 09 Sep 13 18:22
Frog, Do I limit stakes? Yes to people we identify as arbers or traders. We can't make money from them. It's an exercise in work.
FactMachine - most certainly there will be bookmakers but we won't be led by the FRB. A dinosaur approach to negotiations and tracks.
We will address:
1. Cashless punters
2. Our attitude to customers
3. Exchanges- should they be an integral part of how we operate on course. (not me!)

geoff
By:
factmachine
When: 09 Sep 13 18:29
GEOFF AS REGARDS MY EARLIER QUESTION TO U,DO U THINK U WILL STILL BE AN ONCOURSE BOOKMAKER IN YOUR OWN PITCHES IN 2 YEARS TIME???????
By:
factmachine
When: 09 Sep 13 18:37
GEOFF,GEOFF,WHERE HAVE U GONE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
By:
factmachine
When: 09 Sep 13 18:42
A SIMPLE YES OR NO WOULD SUFFICELove
By:
homefortea
When: 09 Sep 13 19:53
Feck me the usual arbers or traders excuse..

Geoff you should hang your head in shame...

What you mean are the shrewd and the winners....
By:
mugbookie
When: 09 Sep 13 21:27
SPORTSADVISOR - JUST SPOKE TO THE CHANCELLOR OF THE EXCHEQUER.....HE'S ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED THAT YOU'VE DECIDED TO ADDRESS THE 'CASHLESS PUNTER' ISSUE....SAID THE PUNTERS HAVING NO CASH IS SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN KEEPING HIM AWAKE NIGHTS....SAVES THE POOR FELLA FROM HAVING TO PRINT ANY MORE.Shocked
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 09 Sep 13 21:48
fact machine
yes I will
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 09 Sep 13 21:49
homefortea - i run a business for profit. That's why it's called business. Professional punters - as opposed to the amateur breed don't put bacon with my eggs.
I make no apologies to you or anyone for that. It's called 'running a business'
By:
scaredmoney
When: 09 Sep 13 22:28
dont sit on the fence hft ffs Laugh
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 09 Sep 13 22:31
homefortea - and you are who?
By:
TheNorfolkMafia
When: 09 Sep 13 22:34
Seconds out!

Round 1

Laugh
By:
foxy
When: 09 Sep 13 22:36
anonymous forum

perhaps the time has come for betfair to only allow people to use there own names .
By:
Sportsadvisor
When: 09 Sep 13 22:39
how rude people get hiding behind the cloak of anomynity. Wouldn't be so vocal I'm sure if we knew his name. Keep it civil or keep it to yourself
By:
mugbookie
When: 09 Sep 13 22:40
SPORTS - DONT ENCOURAGE HIM.....THIS FELLA SLAGGED OFF OLEARY WHEN HE DONATED 200K TO JT MACNAMARA.
By:
roo
When: 10 Sep 13 09:04
Racecourse Regular     09 Sep 13 10:56 
FACT - Yesterdays announcement in the Racing Post that free wifi will be available to all punters from the next meeting will not help (it has been in the testing stage at previous meetings)   Anybody with a Royal Ascot pitch has seen it's value half at least overnight with such an announcement.

We live in the technological age and customers demand wifi and venues they visit now be it Starbucks, MCDonalds the local Hotel e.t.c

Others thought not...... but since the racecourses struck the best deal on earth known to man with Racecourse books recently..... they can now hook up with a betting partner on raceday so as soon as you log-in to WIFI the site of that betting partner comes straight up and away you go............

Security guards at ARC tracks are hounding people off the racecourses for placing wagers by hand held phones, its about time the archaic terms and conditions at tracks were changed.

They jump into bed with the bookies sponsorship, The grilliam grill at 0800 bla bla bet in play maiden ffs.
By:
mugbookie
When: 10 Sep 13 09:26
ROO - HAD THIS DEBATE WITH RR BEFORE....WHEN WIFI BECOMES AVAILABLE ON RACECOURSES, THERE'S NO WAY THAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO RESTRICT THE SERVICE TO A SINGLE 'PREFERED' OPERATOR....IT WOULD BREAK ALL SORTS OF EUROPEAN FREE TRADE/COMPETITION LAWS.IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY BE THE DEATH KNELL....COMBINED WITH EVER INCREASING EXPENSES.... FOR ON COURSE BOOKMAKING IF WE DONT CHANGE FROM THE THE CURRENT PRICING MODEL OF EXCHANGE PRICE MINUS A TICK.
By:
factmachine
When: 10 Sep 13 09:37
VERY TRUE MUG,EVEN SOME ILLUMINATI IN PRIME PITCHES ARE GOING"BIGGER THAN THE MACHINE"AS RIBERO WILL NO DOUBT CONFIRM LaughLaugh
By:
adge
When: 10 Sep 13 09:43
roo , your post about ARC security. is that true as I would be surprised .
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com