Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
26 Jun 13 15:52
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
and trained by Jonjo O’Neill, which finished unplaced. They noted the trainer's represenative could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance.

The Stewards considered the running of ALWAYSTHEOPTIMIST, ridden by Sam Twiston-Davies and trained by Phil Middleton, which finished unplaced. The Stewards noted the trainer’s explanation that the gelding is a gassy sort, never settled and tired rapidly. They ordered ALWAYSTHEOPTIMIST to be routine tested.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 13
By:
cyprusal
When: 26 Jun 13 17:14
jim royle would have an appropriate response to that reply

GASSY MY AR$E
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 26 Jun 13 17:24
They noted the trainer's represenative could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance.

I can - it wasn't off.

Blinkers fitted first time rarely work, his next run is the one to watch.
Or to be more precise, the next time they place it to win.
By:
dj876
When: 26 Jun 13 17:36
When was the Last JP owned horse to be found guilty of using the racecourse as a training ground??

Take Five -January 2002??
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 26 Jun 13 17:44
What a load of b@llocks that explanation is from Phil Middleton. Especially when you consider what he said about the horse before the race.

Phil Middleton runs Alwaystheoptimist and said: "He's ten but I think he's still improving. He's taken a hike in the weights but is so fresh and well. We'd be happy to lead if there's no pace."

Anyone would think he's talking about a completely different horse here!
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 26 Jun 13 18:52
Carlisle, 26 June 2013

3.30, fourth race

Phillip Makin, the rider of BARTACK (IRE), unplaced, reported that the gelding ran too free.

4.05, fifth race

The representative of David O’Meara, the trainer of INGLEBY ANGEL (IRE), unplaced, reported that the gelding was unsuited by the track.

The representative of Michael Easterby, the trainer of KALK BAY (IRE), placed fourth, reported that the gelding had a breathing problem.

4.35, sixth race

The Stewards considered the running of AAZIF (IRE), ridden by Graham Lee and trained by Donald McCain, which finished unplaced. The Stewards noted the explanation of the trainer’s representative that the race came soon having run twelve days previously at Aintree. They ordered AAZIF (IRE) to be routine tested.
By:
Magic__Daps
When: 26 Jun 13 20:54
Surely that sets a precedent for every single trainer to say the exact same thing - no doubt they will all get treated the same as the untouchables....
By:
Layboy
When: 26 Jun 13 20:59
Rancid sport, I use the term sport very loosely.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 26 Jun 13 21:11
That's my favourite - ''the race came too soon after its previous race.''

Of course, obviously the next question should be ‘’then why did you run it?’’

But the stewards never ask them that.
By:
ebulGery
When: 26 Jun 13 22:06
very good Dr
By:
Franky Four Fingers
When: 26 Jun 13 22:33
I am sure that sometime in the not too distant future the horse will show the necessary improvement needed to get it's head in front ... by the application of wheelbarrows of cash Mischief
By:
ebulGery
When: 26 Jun 13 23:20
Laugh very true
Planetoid?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 27 Jun 13 11:41
Jenny Pitman was on the morning line, and replied to Jimbo’s comment about a poor run from a certain horse ''that it needed motivating in order to get it to perform to its best.''

She said ‘’ and what motivates it – when it's been backed at 13/2?’’

A classic line from Jenny.
By:
Franky Four Fingers
When: 27 Jun 13 21:59
Laugh
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML