Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
StillLearning
15 Apr 13 20:25
| Topic/replies: 10,297 | Blogger: StillLearning's blog
that was quick, who was champion jockey?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 12
By:
hello :-)
When: 15 Apr 13 21:21
Brough scott , his title run in with hughsie is detailed in his new book " Please invite me for tea and I swear I wont say a thing "
By:
Vubiant
When: 15 Apr 13 21:31
Can anyone take charge and put an end to this annual farce -where the 'flat season' creeps in the back door in a stop/go fashion interspersed with downbeat NH fare  and AW dross.
Start it on a defined date with a bit of flair and something like a spring festival feel to it and keep it continuous instead of intermittent.
By:
mickey
When: 15 Apr 13 21:52
starts Wednesday, no?
By:
desperatemunter
When: 15 Apr 13 22:32
absolutely right vubiant - i know nothing of marketing and care even less, but even I know you package a product, hopefully retaining customers. a defined big-deal start and finish to the season would do just that
By:
desperatemunter
When: 15 Apr 13 22:35
the start has become a particular joke - even i who know far more about racing than is good for me - but funnily enough, not enough that it is good for me -  only dimly became aware that the flat was back.
By:
Pinza
When: 16 Apr 13 08:26
Your right to wonder and yes it has been a disgrace over last few years.
Started when they got rid of the 3 day Doncaster meeting.
It's all about Festival meetings nowadays and the Corporate approach.

It should be OK after the start of Newmarket on Wednesday (as mickey pointed out)

What bothers me is the yearly price increases to attend race meetings.
Chester increase their price each year - regardless of recession and inflation limits (R.P.I or C.P.I)
I paid £30 for Tatts Ticket two years ago and this year it's £35
Take into account that if you order online you pay an extra "administration" fee!!!
How can they justify an ongoing price rise each year?
It will get so expensive that it will become The Sport of Kings again.
By:
Dr Gonzo
When: 16 Apr 13 08:34
How can they justify an ongoing price rise each year?

Because, unfortunately, it seems that Chester make a fortune flogging tickets to the drunks, at seemingly whatever price they want.
By:
Facts
When: 16 Apr 13 08:35
Vubiant     15 Apr 13 22:31 
Can anyone take charge and put an end to this annual farce -where the 'flat season' creeps in the back door in a stop/go fashion interspersed with downbeat NH fare  and AW dross.
Start it on a defined date with a bit of flair and something like a spring festival feel to it and keep it continuous instead of intermittent

The Flat season always used to start with the Doncaster 'Lincoln' meeting. Starting on the Thursday.I remember it was always eagerly looked forward to. And the opening race on the 1st day, was always exciting - heralding the start of the Flat Season/Spring - and the Summer racing to come.
By:
Pinza
When: 16 Apr 13 08:39
The drunks are usually in the Course and Dee stand areas Dr Gonzo.
Mainly the Social Club Coach outing visitors from further North.
By:
Dr Gonzo
When: 16 Apr 13 08:51
There are plenty of them in Tatts too Pinza. Three separate meetings last year I saw people vomiting in the vicinity of the parade ring.

I've always liked going to Chester, but as you say, in excess of £30 now for Tatts now is a joke. I will be going a lot less this year, but I doubt the management will mind as I only buy a couple of overpriced pints, not ten.
By:
roggrain
When: 16 Apr 13 09:58
The problem goes beyond racing. Britain has a booze culture.Race courses want to make as much money as possible so they cater to that culture.
By:
Facts
When: 16 Apr 13 10:40
^ you,re right. We tried to become a 'cafe culture' by doing away with the previous opening/closing times of pubs. Now the uncultured masses just enjoy a longer time in which to throw as much alcohol as they can down their stupid throats - and then vomit it up all over the pavements and doorways hours later.Disgusting rabble.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com