Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
teedoubleu
07 Apr 13 16:56
| Topic/replies: 69 | Blogger: teedoubleu's blog
Did a few bets with said name company today, after the races were over was told that I was not entitled to the guaranteed price.
I was told it was a traders decision , they were not bad each way races.
Has that ever happened to anybody else?
I am not one bit happy.
Show More
Report InsiderTrader April 7, 2013 5:01 PM BST
How big were your stakes/take out for each bet?

Did the horses shortern after you backed them?

Were they top price for your selections?

Were they win singles?
Report teedoubleu April 7, 2013 5:07 PM BST
I had 30 each way on somemothers @18/1,it was returned 20/1.They refused to pay me 20.

I did each way lucky 15, I had 3 places waiting on munkerty turnkety which let me down.

I just felt it is wrong and below the belt, I have no problem with them refusing bets, they seem to make the rules up after the race is over.
Report InsiderTrader April 7, 2013 5:13 PM BST
Its a MAJOR problem for racing. The online books have targetted 8-9% on turnover returns and the OTC ones want about 18%. This means that anyone that looks like winning or even losing a small margin they dont want to know.
Report teedoubleu April 7, 2013 5:16 PM BST
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I just found it unreasonable that they tell a person when the race is over.
Report daniels mother April 7, 2013 5:22 PM BST
i dont think they can do it retrospectively ,check your emails ,if not take them to ibas
Report teedoubleu April 7, 2013 5:25 PM BST
No email informing me of this, only opened the a/c last week, only a couple of quid up.
Report daniels mother April 7, 2013 5:28 PM BST
demand the 20/1 they havnt a leg to stand on until they inform you they have withdrawn the concession
Report teedoubleu April 7, 2013 5:29 PM BST
I thought that, thanks.
Report SlippyBlue April 7, 2013 6:01 PM BST
Surely IBAS must rule in your favour to get 20/1, I can't see how they won't. Absolutely despicable behaviour.
Report Wadders April 7, 2013 6:09 PM BST
It stinks but if you go to IBAS and cause a fuss you may get back your 2 points but your account will be closed soon after or you'll only be allowed pennies.

May want to consider letting sleeping dogs lie and keeping your account.

At least you can still get more than a score each way on.
Report mr singh April 7, 2013 6:58 PM BST
I had the same thing with these clowns. I had a winning bet, the sp was bigger than the early price and they didn't pay me out at the bigger odds. I phoned them up and they told me best bpg didn't apply to me anymore and that they had sent me an email about this. i didn't receive an email from them, they must just tell everyone they sent them an email. i tried to back hurricane fly at 7-4 nrnb a couple of weeks before the champion hurdle (he was around 3.00 on here)and was told nrnb was a special offer and it didn't apply to me. i felt like telling the girl on the phone to f off. whenever i phoned it was always the same girl on the phone, she sounds like one of the corrs. i gave up betting with them as they are just a waste of time. i came to the conclusion they don't like people like me.
Report willsford April 7, 2013 7:09 PM BST
I've also had a run-in with this shower today after spotting they had settled my bet on Gullible Gordon in the Topham at Aintree on friday as a loser.. i backed it each/way 1/4 odds first 5 (as it was with most other bookies except the big 3)it finished 5th !!.. when i phoned them today they said my account was restricted and that special place concessions do not apply on my account and that it was settled correctly as a losing bet.. i said that i had no idea why i would be restricted and had received no notification of this(acc opened about 18 months ago) she said to check my spam e-mails and that the traders decision is final..
Report thesportinglife April 7, 2013 7:16 PM BST
**** along with sportingbet and skybet are a complete waste of time,masquerading as bookmakers who will restrict anyone who dares to either beat the price a couple of times,bet EW or stake more than £20 !
Report thesportinglife April 7, 2013 7:18 PM BST
For some reason when you type boyle bookies betfair automatically delete their name !
Report mr singh April 7, 2013 7:20 PM BST
would we be doing anything wrong if we all decided to phone them at the same time just before a big race to ask about the problems we have had betting with them.
Report insideinfo April 7, 2013 7:26 PM BST
****g scumbags the lot of them!
Report frog2 April 7, 2013 7:30 PM BST
To be fair to bookies it is so easy to beat them at the early prices they have little choice but to restrict.
Report homefortea April 7, 2013 7:50 PM BST
Mr Singh it seams that you have a case under Racial Discrimination laws.I have been waiting for a minority to sue a "Bookmaker" for a long time.Email them and tell them that you have instructed a brief to sue them for half a million pounds in damages for Racial Discrimination on your account.That will put the frighteners on them.....
Report Addy_D April 7, 2013 8:40 PM BST
i had a dog bet with these ****s today.

770 at 11/10 through a mate.

non runner in the race, so now i am on an industry at sp, which is around 130% on greyhounds.

dogs arent like horses where a rule 4 is a good idea, if you bet a dog based on 6 running, and the main danger has pace inside which then becomes a non runner, not only does the main danger have a massive chance and you less so, youre on at a less price and value has well gone to point its value to lay it most of the time.

tried to cancel the bet half hour before race as soon as NR was known they were adamant bet stood. 365 tbf to them cancelled the bets placed with them.

dog beat, im on at 2/5 for 770, when nearly all firms void if asked in advance. the dog had less chance of winning after the NR!!!

horrific firm, wtf is wrong with them.
Report mrs patel April 7, 2013 10:06 PM BST
homefortea, these people very were rude to me when I phoned them to ask why they would not accept my full stake on my online account. they behaved as if they did not want to discuss it and kept telling me they could not understand me.
Report timberman April 7, 2013 10:16 PM BST
How do people work for them knowing well they are been underhand and sneaky in their carry on....traders decision is final bulllshitte...like a kangaroo court...then again they are based in Dundalk....doubt if they'd tell slab murphy hes not getting guaranteed price!!!
Report Big Boss April 8, 2013 12:47 AM BST
Exactly the same with these clowns, I had about 4 winners one day which drifted, equalling about £700 extra on B.O.G.

I found to my dismay that they had settled at price taken, yet I was completely unaware of any resrictions.

I phoned them and I was informed that they had withdrew the BOG concession that very morning and they had sent me an email.

Checked my email again and no email sent, and no emails in my spam or trash folder, complete BS from BS Laugh

I have noticed that since my argument with them they have amended their t's and c's to say that they dont need to notify any customer of the removal of any account restrictions or special concessions.

My advice would be to steer clear of these *****
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com