Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the dealer
13 Jan 13 21:37
| Topic/replies: 23,622 | Blogger: the dealer's blog
anyone know what he's doing now.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 18
By:
Deltâ
When: 13 Jan 13 21:38
wasnt he teaching at the Northern racing college
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Jan 13 21:39
Probably doing something unethical like all former jockeys
By:
koikeeper
When: 13 Jan 13 21:41
Jimmy is a former Champion Apprentice and was Champion Northern Jockey riding 90 winners.
He served his apprenticeship with Sam Hall and remained loyal to his predecessor Chris Thornton until injury forced his retirement in 1991.
Jimmy held a licence for 17 years and rode 847 winners in many different countries. Between 1978 and 1987 he rode 7 Classic winners in India and Singapore, including back to back Singapore Derby successes. Since retirement from the saddle Jimmy has bought, sold and produced yearlings for the breeze up sales.

Trained apprentice riders in Qatar. Acted on behalf of the Qatar Jockey Club as a Stipendiary Steward and also an Assistant Starter. Jimmy worked for the Press Association reporting on races between 2000 and 2009. He stills rides work every day for Gill Duffield and works as a Jockey Coach for the Northern Racing College and the British Racing School.
By:
Deltâ
When: 13 Jan 13 21:41
Name: Jimmy Bleasdale

Jimmy BleasdaleJimmy is a former Champion Apprentice and was Champion Northern Jockey riding 90 winners. He served his apprenticeship with Sam Hall and remained loyal to his predecessor Chris Thornton until injury forced his retirement in 1991. Jimmy held a licence for 17 years and rode 847 winners in many different countries. Between 1978 and 1987 he rode 7 Classic winners in India and Singapore, including back to back Singapore Derby successes. Since retirement from the saddle Jimmy has bought, sold and produced yearlings for the breeze up sales. Trained apprentice riders in Qatar. Acted on behalf of the Qatar Jockey Club as a Stipendiary Steward and also an Assistant Starter. Jimmy worked for the Press Association reporting on races between 2000 and 2009. He stills rides work every day for Gill Duffield and works as a Jockey Coach for the Northern Racing College and the British Racing School.
By:
koikeeper
When: 13 Jan 13 21:42
Grin
By:
DUNERUNNER
When: 13 Jan 13 21:42
Don't know what he is doing know, however, have distinct memories of him winning the Ebor in 1977 on Move Off - maybe because I had a good bet on the second Lighter trained by Dick Hern and ridden by Willie Carson. Lighter looked all over the winner until Move Off came with a late rattle up the rails and got up on the line.
By:
545APG
When: 13 Jan 13 21:52
He pops up at Redcar where he is heard on the tannoy before each race

Every horse "is not without a chance"

He's a good remedy for insomnia
By:
the dealer
When: 13 Jan 13 21:54
many thanks, all the fonts of knowledge Grin

one other name that was brought up in a conversation Stanley Chin i remember him riding for braveheart. did he leave the country under a cloud?
By:
ribero1
When: 13 Jan 13 21:55
I was on Lighter that day donerunner,looked sure to win but seemed to wander about a bit from memory,ended up winning the stayers hurdle for john edwards.
Remember backing one of chris thornton's at haydock,12's down to about 4's and bleasedale dropped his hands and just got caught.called something like midland lad i think,he was very cocky in those days but no doubt a good jock.
Redcar employed him occassionally last year previewing the race and giving paddock comments,it was enough to drive you to sleep.
By:
seanjames
When: 13 Jan 13 21:56
his cousin double chin was a better jockey
By:
ribero1
When: 13 Jan 13 21:56
lol APG,too right!
By:
the dealer
When: 13 Jan 13 21:57
ribero... i always thought he didnt reach his potential.
By:
ribero1
When: 13 Jan 13 22:00
probably the dealer,although i can't remember how it finished for him as he wasn't at the top in the north for long.
By:
the dealer
When: 13 Jan 13 22:03
i'm sure he went a bit astray, seem to remember a few stories about gambling on cards but i may be wrong
By:
jamov
When: 13 Jan 13 22:04
wasn't he the only Jockey at the time to have a beard
By:
forgotmyusername
When: 13 Jan 13 22:26
Seem to recall him having a bad fall on the gallops about 30 years ago and never really gatting back. Was a top apprentice around the time of Darley and Swinburn and the subject of an ITV documentary when he was at his peak.
By:
ekbalko
When: 13 Jan 13 22:38
I was talking to him at Redcar a couple of years ago and he was saying he had to retire after a fall and was advised by the doc to give up race riding.Happy memories of Move Off my favourite horse at the time.
By:
wee eck
When: 14 Jan 13 11:29
I knew him quite well he was a decent lad, a serious head injury ended his riding career.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com