Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Boss
23 Jun 12 16:12
| Topic/replies: 5,067 | Blogger: Big Boss's blog
trying to do a montjeu, nearly backfired

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 71
By:
Eeeyore
When: 23 Jun 12 16:13
well said Big Boss i agree with you totally
By:
themightymac
When: 23 Jun 12 16:14
He was. but he learned a big lesson today. good luck to him.
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 23 Jun 12 16:15
thats not what he said in his interview
By:
Big Boss
When: 23 Jun 12 16:17
I dont think on British TV he will openly admit that he was trying to take the pi$$ out of our sprinters
By:
Mourinho_of_gambling
The replay doesn't lie, he almost parked the bloody thing!
By:
Haslam
its just frightning to think of what would have happened to the guy if he'd got caught.He'll be waking up in a cold sweat just at the thought of it.
By:
geoff m
You could see after the race that wasnt showboating.
Any showboater would have been full of it & enjoying the moment he looked full of repent & so he should he nearly fooked up 1 of  the greatest moments of his life.
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 23 Jun 12 16:18
Why do they bother anyway, would it have mean her having had a much harder race had he pushed her out for the extra few strides or so?

Nothing to gain and everything to lose when they do that.
By:
Eeeyore
When: 23 Jun 12 16:19
I agree with big boss
By:
Platini
When: 23 Jun 12 16:30
Overconfidence, pure and simple. She's clearly better than anything in the field, but not by a wide margin. Connections of Bated Breath must be gutted Shocked
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 23 Jun 12 16:35
Showboating doesn't have to just mean standing up in the irons and waving the whip crossing the line and even if you don't want to use that particular term, he was clearly trying to be too clever.

As for his understated manner after the race, that's a mixture of anger, disappointment but ultimately one of utter relief.
By:
AdvantageAussie
When: 23 Jun 12 16:44
Connections of Bated Breath must be gutted

More like stupid to dodge a horse who travels 12000 miles to race in your backyard.

Show some balls and take it on ffs.
By:
bf_fananatic
When: 23 Jun 12 16:52
He rode the horse the same way he did last time with little concern for what was to his left and right rear and cruising far too much, more over confidence than show boating but also the horse looked tired and the long haul flight must of has some effect even after 2 weeks, Nelly deserves a good rest now after her many jaunts.
By:
ima_mazed66
When: 23 Jun 12 16:58
You might well have a point there AdvantageAussie but then just thank your lucky stars that they didn't because Bated Breath is a better horse at 6f and then race before Royal Ascot was only his 2ns try at 5f and first ever win at the distance.

Having said that, both horses were entered in both races so and I personally think they ran in the opposite ones to those that would have suited them best and Bated Breath was running on at the 5f.
By:
valetilidie
When: 23 Jun 12 17:08
he thought hed beaten them off, didnt have a clue about the two closing on the rail, arrogance then took over. im sick of watching it coast, run it out.its a racehorse, connections might be a bit less smug after this
By:
aberdonia
When: 23 Jun 12 17:10
looked at the end of her tether.

Would have been swamped in another 100 yards.
By:
AdvantageAussie
When: 23 Jun 12 17:14
True, he thought he had them covered but didn't realise Black Caviar was on empty and when he stopped asking her for an effort, she must have thought... phew! I can rest now.

So @#$%ing lucky she won.
By:
sean rua
When: 23 Jun 12 19:01
I suppose that if he killed her, the whole breeding thing would over before it started.

That was a tough race. Godolphin were really trying with the other Australian horse, and the French don't read the script so they nearly caused an upset by running well late on.

Likewise, Murtagh would have done a lot better , had he managed to get started properly, imo.
By:
sean rua
When: 23 Jun 12 19:02
would be over.
By:
wolfatthedoor
When: 23 Jun 12 19:05
wondered why those bookies were offering a seemingly generous 7/2 the double about both frankel and black caviar winning by over 3.5 lengths.they know a thing or two those boys
By:
northanlite
When: 23 Jun 12 19:08
would LN have received a ban & fine if he'd been caught?
By:
duffy
When: 23 Jun 12 19:10
showboating, over-confidence, more like looking after her as she was fecking gasping for air, eased down wins by a neck....not eased down she wins by 3/4 of a length, the thing was out on its feet end of.
By:
hippie
When: 23 Jun 12 19:18

A sheepish Nolen accepted he had misjudged his challenge at the line. He said: "I underestimated the testing track of Ascot. She'd had enough and that big engine throttled right down.

"It's unfortunate, because we're going to talk more about my brain failure than the horse's fantastic effort. We won, but it may have overshadowed what was a fantastic effort by the horse. We got away with it."

Why would a jockey ease down 25 yards from the line? It would have taken more out of her stoking her up again.

He was giving it the billy big bollox and almost c0cked it up. If BC was out on her feet she wouldn't have been able to hold off a 7f horse like Moonlight Cloud, who is no slouch.

By:
duffy
When: 23 Jun 12 19:23
He admitted that she was out on her feet and that's why she couldn't wait to drop the lot once she felt him relax the reins.
By:
kingG111111
When: 23 Jun 12 19:23
the horse is not the horse we all thought she was
By:
duffy
When: 23 Jun 12 19:24
kingG111111     23 Jun 12 19:23 
the horse is not the horse we all thought she was

^
millions of words will and have been written already about the horse but that one sentence says it all imo.
By:
tippu
When: 23 Jun 12 19:56
Pish. The horse was everything. And she won. She is 'everthing'. Jock made some fundamental errors. Complacent and ill timed riding. But, they got away with it. Thanks Black Caviar Love
By:
Razldazl
When: 23 Jun 12 19:57
He pressed go on her when he gave her a clip of the whip, he never got serious driving her out and i personally think that he thought he had gone 5-6 lengths clear when in reality he had only gone 1-2. He wanted to send out a message that she is just as good as Frankel but in a different way. Frankel destroyed them, L.Nolen wanted to win more or less on the bridle to send his own message out. But he nearly ended up with a whole nest of eggs on his face. You could tell with trainers face that he was fuming.
By:
kingG111111
When: 23 Jun 12 19:59
if he whipped her a million times and drove her out the whole way she wouldnt have won by any further, possibly half a length more at max
By:
hippie
When: 23 Jun 12 20:02
but he didn't whip her a million times more or drive her out.

With the hopes, expectations and money of a nation riding on her he dropped his hands, as Razldazl says, to make a statement.
By:
kingG111111
When: 23 Jun 12 20:05

Jun 23, 2012 -- 8:02PM, hippie wrote:

but he didn't whip her a million times more or drive her out.With the hopes, expectations and money of a nation riding on her he dropped his hands, as Razldazl says, to make a statement.

i said if he did she wouldnt have won by any further, i have the feeling he dropped his hands to make people think shes better than she really is because she struggled to beat them "B graders" Laugh

By:
Eeeyore
When: 23 Jun 12 20:07
I respect the jockey for the way he conducted himself afterwards and his total honesty
By:
wolfatthedoor
When: 23 Jun 12 20:09
me too eeyore.felt sorry for the lad tbh
By:
kingG111111
When: 23 Jun 12 20:10

Jun 23, 2012 -- 8:07PM, Eeeyore wrote:

I respect the jockey for the way he conducted himself afterwards and his total honesty

he was lying to the camera afterwards, how the hell could underestimating the stiffness of the track make him drop his hands and start easing up lmao, doesnt make sense

By:
homefortea
When: 23 Jun 12 20:16
Over-rated over-fed and over-here....

Please send over your next World Beater and we may play our A Team.Could be a slogan for the GB Olympic cycling squad...

Come on Cav.....
By:
wolfatthedoor
When: 23 Jun 12 20:17
bit harsh to say he lied.who knows why he did it
but he was visibly upset and felt he had ruined the big day for everyone
all jocks make errors.he will regret it but should not beat himself up too much as he won thank god
does not bear thinking about if he got beat
By:
kingG111111
When: 23 Jun 12 20:18
luckily he didnt get beat anyway....had visions of mike smith on zenyattas final run...
By:
Colonel Trautman
When: 23 Jun 12 20:30
I believe he would have been assassanated if he he been done on the line..
By:
homefortea
When: 23 Jun 12 20:38
As for that massive crowd watching live in Melbourne could have fitted them in a phone box and watched the race live on an I Phone..

Hype Hype Hype...

Next time you export something from the former Colony make sure that it is top drawer....

If she had been beaten I had it all planned.."Dame Edna,Rolf,Shane Hurley,and err thats about it" you have been beaten....
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com