Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
revedesivola
19 Oct 10 21:38
| Topic/replies: 15,035 | Blogger: revedesivola's blog
Can anyone help me here, im trying to extend my vocabulary. one that comes to mind is.... he wouldnt beat eggs in a cement mixer. any more?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 49
By:
Rowley Mile
When: 19 Oct 10 21:50
wouldn't train ivy to grow up a wall
By:
Orchardist
When: 19 Oct 10 21:51
only stay a mile in a horsebox / stays longer than the mother-in-law
By:
Gerry Gallbladder
When: 19 Oct 10 21:51
Always trying
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 21:56
im liking em Laugh
By:
Mooono
When: 19 Oct 10 22:02
He started to come off the bridle in parade ring..Just listen out for Terry Norman on Timeform Radio some of his quotes are priceless..
By:
brigust1
When: 19 Oct 10 22:05
fell into a hole.
Jumped like a stag.
Pulled like a train.
Hung like a barge?
By:
Gerry Gallbladder
When: 19 Oct 10 22:06
Ran in snatches
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 22:10
am likin it moono haaaaaahhhhGrinGrin
By:
subaru
When: 19 Oct 10 22:16
'Clare, why dont you explain to the viewers what 'in season' means'

Willie, Royal Ascut, priceless!
By:
doantwin2easy
When: 19 Oct 10 22:16
came there pulling a cart
if he comes back to his best he'd pick em up and carry em
hanging like a gate
hung like a horse
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 22:20
Laugh
By:
Xerophyte
When: 19 Oct 10 22:25
X and Y locking horns.
By:
Orchardist
When: 19 Oct 10 22:33
travelling like a travelly thing
By:
fawwon
When: 19 Oct 10 22:38
Squirted up the backside
By:
crags
When: 19 Oct 10 22:57
Always in the van
By:
crags
When: 19 Oct 10 22:58
It jumped from fence to fence.. er, that's what a horse in a chase has to do [smiley:crazy]
By:
crags
When: 19 Oct 10 23:00
And from the old boy on sportslive radio.. It's got a longer lead than a hoover.
By:
Gracie
When: 19 Oct 10 23:06
In the box seat... WTF??!
By:
Gracie
When: 19 Oct 10 23:08
When a horse wins from start to finish - led them all a merry dance!
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 23:12
hoover one is great.Laugh
By:
BlindProbe
When: 19 Oct 10 23:20
There;s an Iriah radio commentator that covers GAA(gaelic football and hurling). He commentated for RTE radio for about 60 years, only retired in september. His name is Mícheál O'Muircheartaigh and he came out with some crackers.

* The stopwatch has stopped. It's up to God and the referee now. The referee is Pat Horan. God is God.

* "1-5 to 0-8...well from Lapland to the Antarctic, that's level scores in any man's language".
    * "Pat Fox has it on his hurl and is motoring well now ... but here comes Joe Rabbitte hot on his tail ...... I've seen it all now, a Rabbitte chasing a Fox around Croke Park!"

* "Some players are consistent and some players are brilliant. Colm McAlarney is consistently brilliant. "

* "He grabs the sliotar, he's on the 50......he's on the 40......he's on the 30....... he's on the ground."

* "Seán Óg Ó hAilpín.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither one of them a hurling stronghold."

* "Teddy McCarthy to John McCarthy, no relation, John McCarthy back to Teddy McCarthy, still no relation."

* "Colin Corkery on the 45 lets go with the right boot. It's over the bar. This man shouldn't be playing football. He's made an almost Lazarus-like recovery from a heart condition. Lazarus was a great man but he couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery."

* "In the first half they played with the wind. In the second half they played with the ball."

* "Setanta Ó hAilpín....the original Setanta from the old Gaelic stories was ten foot tall, had ten fingers on each hand and ten toes on each foot but even he couldn't be playing better hurling than his namesake here today."

* "... and Brian Dooher is down injured. And while he is, I'll tell ye a little story. I was in Times Square in New York last week, and I was missing the Championship back home. So I approached a newsstand and I said 'I suppose you wouldn't have the Kerryman would you?' To which the Egyptian man behind the counter replied 'do you want the North Kerry edition or the South Kerry edition?'. He had both, so I bought both. And Dooher is back on his feet..."

* "Anthony Lynch, the Cork corner-back, would be the last person to let you down - his people are undertakers"

* "Teddy looks at the ball, the ball looks at Teddy."

* " Dublin have scored two points, one from the hand and one from the land."

* "Pat Fox out to the forty and grabs the sliothar. I bought a dog from his father last week. Fox turns and sprints for goal. The dog ran a great race last Tuesday in Limerick. Fox to the 21 fires a shot, it goes to the left and wide… And the dog lost as well."

* "I saw a few Sligo people at Mass in Gardiner Street this morning and the omens seem to be good for them, the priest was wearing the same colours as the Sligo jersey! 40 yards out on the Hogan Stand side of the field Ciarán Whelan goes on a rampage, it's a goal. So much for religion."

* "There's a streaker now on the pitch, I'd say he's a Kilkenny fan because he looks happy with the situation"
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 23:29
michael was a true genius and i will always associate the gaa with him. evrything he said was worth listening to. a comic at times too
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 19 Oct 10 23:35
'i only ever knew 3 certainties and 2 of them got beat'Laugh
By:
revedesivola
When: 19 Oct 10 23:38
Laugh
By:
crags
When: 19 Oct 10 23:54
Talking of funny, I expect most have seen this but for those who may not have...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5yDZO4nZE
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 20 Oct 10 00:20
not bad crags but ill raise u this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfPpBpDaSXE

...Laugh
By:
revedesivola
When: 20 Oct 10 00:44
fantastic!!!
By:
revedesivola
When: 20 Oct 10 13:14
wuldnt train a dog to bark
By:
saddo
When: 20 Oct 10 13:45
FRANK, YOU W@NKER, always makes me chuckle.
By:
Tiger Tiger
When: 15 Jan 20 15:53
Laugh

Proper thread.
By:
punchestown
When: 15 Jan 20 16:05
Ears pricked,loads left in the tank.
By:
Callisto-moon
When: 15 Jan 20 16:06
mt bets equals full account
By:
handtorofe
When: 15 Jan 20 16:07
Catching pigeons at home.
Will win half the track.
Only has to turn up.
Has a ton in hand.
These sayings should all be taken with a pinch of saltLaugh
By:
longbridge
When: 15 Jan 20 16:58
Not so much funny but the odd language that is used in racing commentaries

first-time blinkers or whatever "worked the oracle"

the horse "lost no caste in defeat"

"A weak race in which few landed a serious blow" as if it were a combat sport
By:
mymumsfinethankyou
When: 15 Jan 20 17:00
full compliment   CryCryCryCry
By:
brassneck
When: 15 Jan 20 17:23
"but the jockey called a cab at that fence after giving him an armchair ride up to then"Crazy
By:
flushgordon1
When: 15 Jan 20 17:37
I'll give it a reet good kick in the tits at the two pole.
Royston on how he was going to ride in a 5f race at Hamilton.
By:
TheFerrett
When: 16 Jan 20 06:52
Wearing more contraptions than Freddie Kruger
By:
brassneck
When: 16 Jan 20 16:57
The favourite got stuck in behind a WALL OF HORSES with nowhere to go.Shocked="stupid horse"Laugh
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com