Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lance in France
17 May 22 12:18
| Topic/replies: 860 | Blogger: Lance in France's blog
I need help here from experts far cleverer than me and at the risk of looking foolish here goes.....

Below from the Racing Post

William Hill make Alfred Munnings the 5-4 favourite for the Chesham Stakes at Royal Ascot - and our expert race analysts were also impressed with that race in mind.

They wrote: "He boasts a gorgeous pedigree as a half-brother to Snowfall out of a Group 3-winning half-sister to Found, and could be very smart indeed. Given there is such limited form to go on, it's difficult to weigh up exactly what he achieved but the manner in which he blew the field apart was highly impressive. He looks an ideal candidate for the Chesham."

My memory isn't what it used to be but I thought the Chesham was restricted to horses who's sire had won a race over 1 mile and 2 furlongs or longer. Dubawi, the sire of Alfred Munnings didn't after I googled his 8 race career.

What am I missing that qualifies Alfred to run in the Chesham?
Pause Switch to Standard View Alfred Munnings - Chesham Royal Ascot
Show More
Report Figgis May 17, 2022 12:56 PM BST
Lance, I read a similar discussion somewhere regarding Battleground running the other year. Apparently the conditions have been changed to include the dam winning over the same distance, but I've never seen anything officially stating that.
Report Lance in France May 17, 2022 1:15 PM BST
Thanks Figgis, this was driving me nuts!
Report .Marksman. May 17, 2022 1:44 PM BST
Figgis, his TopSpeed rating at Leopardstown was only 34.  Do you have an opinion about this run?  He seemed strongest at the finish and looks like he will improve for further than this (as his pedigree suggests).
Report Figgis May 17, 2022 1:56 PM BST
.Marksman., not much of an opinion. Can't hold the slow time against him as it was just how the race was run, with a 33/1 shot who missed the kick allowed to take them along. He's obviously been doing some decent times at home, hence the short price. They did seem to think Point Lonsdale was Guineas class last year though and he wasn't even close to showing that, at least not on the track.
Report penzance May 17, 2022 5:07 PM BST
Remember a Dick Hern/Carson horse being DQ or stopped
from running after,I'm pretty sure someone phoned the
track or the BBC and stated Saddlers Wells' could'nt
run in the race.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com