Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rowley Mile
09 May 22 15:53
| Topic/replies: 2,795 | Blogger: Rowley Mile's blog
Hi folks, I am unclear of how to clarify if a horse was balloted out or not?
It concerns a reserve in the Kentucky derby, one of them got in and won but I had number 22 backed antepost and the result calls him ‘also eligible’
Pause Switch to Standard View Help with bookie dispute on antepost...
Show More
Report Rowley Mile May 9, 2022 4:39 PM BST
Report Rowley Mile May 9, 2022 4:40 PM BST
Rattle n Roll the horse, balloted out? The bookie refusing to acknowledge
Report harry callaghan May 9, 2022 4:52 PM BST
Strange how it works Rowley mile. However rattle and roll didn’t draw in.

Basically ethereal connections hated the draw, so withdrew, allowing rich strike to draw in.

If rattle and roll connections drew in, you would of got your money back but connections decided to scratch him.

Your argument will be, well he couldn’t get in because their were 20 runners, which is correct. However connections would have had to of left him to be drawn in, which they didn’t. Basically the same as ethereal connections who didn’t like the outside draw which rattle and roll would of got if he was a non runner, however they scratched him. Sorry for long winded reply.
Report harry callaghan May 9, 2022 4:52 PM BST
Rich Strike will be the first Derby starter for trainer Eric Reed. A son of Keen Ice, Rich Strike is 1-0-3 in seven career starts and most recently finished third in the Grade 3 Jeff Ruby Steaks on April 2 at Turfway Park.
“Get a good break and work over to the inside,” Reed said of plans for breaking from the No. 20 post. “Start picking them up midway on the backstretch and then pass them all before the finish line."
Rattle N Roll, who joined Rich Strike on the also-eligible list, also has been officially scratched from the Derby.
Report penzance May 9, 2022 4:53 PM BST
Probably needed 2 to come out to run.
Not a H'cap as such so might be classed as a
loser A/P.
Report harry callaghan May 9, 2022 5:00 PM BST
This explains it slightly. ^^^^

Just so you know, if a reserve draws into a race in America, said horse takes the outside gate. So rattle and roll connections decided they didn’t want the outside gate and scratched. If they had left him to draw in, he wouldn’t of got a run anyway(which is your argument), so you would of been entitled to get your money back because like you say, he would of been balloted out. However connections scratched.

I’d say it would discretionary to get your money back. In this case I think you should but connections have made it hard for you with the scratching of the horse
Report harry callaghan May 9, 2022 5:02 PM BST
Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas has scratched Ethereal Road from this Saturday's running of the Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs reported via Twitter on Friday morning.

Rich Strike, the first Derby entrant for trainer Eric Reed, will draw in from the also-eligible list. He will break from the far outside post in the field of 20, and is scheduled to be piloted by Sonny Leon.

A son of Keen Ice, Rich Strike broke his maiden in a $30,000 maiden claiming race over the one-turn dirt mile at Churchill Downs in his second career start. Reed, primarily based around the midwest, claimed Rich Strike from that effort on behalf of owner Rick Dawson's RED TR-Racing.

This year Rich Strike has finished third in the Grade 3 Jeff Ruby Steaks over the synthetic at Turfway Park, and prior to that was fourth in the John Battaglia Memorial at the same track.

The other also-eligible, Rattle N Roll, did not draw in and has been scratched.
Report Rowley Mile May 9, 2022 5:39 PM BST
Thanks guys, both of you make perfect sense. Back to my stale bread and tin of beans for tea so
Report harry callaghan May 9, 2022 7:55 PM BST
As much as I think it should be a loser I’d still keep arguing it rowley. After all, it could never run, so you at least have something to bat them with.

Fingers crossed the toaster is working Grin
Report Rowley Mile May 12, 2022 7:42 PM BST
No, I haven’t the energy to email them again, as long as the ladies on their help line keep telling me they are sorry for my loss but after close consultation with trader, the horse was deemed not to have run, ah well !
Report Rowley Mile May 12, 2022 7:44 PM BST
Also, it’s lack of qualifying points had it as a reserve anyway so fair’s fair, not as frustrating as my last interactions with them which I’m still seething over!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com