Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 42 comments are related to the topic:
Saxon Warrior: The Sussex or the Juddmonte

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 42
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 17 Sep 18 08:54
He probably now wishes they had kept him at a mile because the mile division is very weak with the exception of Alpha Centauri, and they would have avoided Roaring Lion who has progressed throughout the season in the way they expected Saxon Warrior to progress but disappointingly hasn't.

hindsight is a wonderful thing. he was only beaten a small margin in both the irish champion and the eclipse. take saxon warrior out of those and roaring lion would have won in glorious isolation, and we wouldn't have been gifted the great races that they were.

it's small margins at the top level. in both of those races, he was beaten by slim margins. if he had won those races, or even just one of them, we would have been singing a different tune.
By:
impossible123
When: 17 Sep 18 09:44
I agree Saxon Warrior (SW) would have held on in the Irish Champion Stakes on saturday courtesy of the injudicious ride by Oisin on Roaring Lion (RL) which the latter had demonstrated in the previous two occasions over 10f - RL is the better of the two over that distance, absolutely no ways about that.

Whether SW had regressed since his 2000G win I cannot be certain despite twice he was chinned on the line having had the run of the race over RL and because he'd not been campaigned over his optimum trip eg 12f and then 10f, which AOB had admitted yesterday.

A great shame he was not given the opportunity to regain his miler reputation prior to his retirement. Last weekend was a sad one for horse racing fans as two supreme athletes suffered career ending injury on the same track and day.
By:
Catch Me ifyoucan
When: 17 Sep 18 13:35
RETIRED Devil
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo