Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
custardcream64
30 Mar 17 14:17
| Topic/replies: 3,634 | Blogger: custardcream64's blog
Going to cover around 25 or so of the major handicaps this season. Usually 2 selections per race , 1pt win on each .
No e-w or place betting . I prefer to back win only at betfair sp which i feel offers better value .

Bets will be settles at betfair sp minus 5% comm.

Race 1 . Lincoln Handicap .

SAT 1ST APRIL . 3-35 Doncaster .
Pause Switch to Standard View 2017 Flat H'caps .
Show More
Report custardcream64 March 30, 2017 3:20 PM BST
Will post selections straight after the spring mile . Will need to see if there is any draw bias from that race[probably will be].
Report custardcream64 April 1, 2017 3:00 PM BST
Low numbers filled the first 3 places in spring mile but wouldnt totally rule out a mid or high draw in the lincoln.

OH THIS IS US . Fit from running in Meydan and good course form . Draw should be ok and no reason why more improvement shouldnt be forthcoming . 1pt win .

DOLPHIN VISTA . looks to be the trainers best hope and top jockey booked . Ground should be fine  and looks fairly handicappped . 1PT Win.
Report Facts April 1, 2017 5:53 PM BST
Unlucky
Report custardcream64 April 4, 2017 3:48 PM BST
RESULT

1st Bravery
2nd Oh This Is Us
3rd Donncha
4th Gabrial

Race Review

A great tactical ride from Danny Tudhope on Bravery to win the race .

Oh This Is Us ran a fine race in defeat and my other selection Dolphin Vista ran well to finish 5TH . He maybe would have preferred a bit more cut in the ground .

I've a feeling that Donncha could be one of those horses that will finish placed in these types of races due to his come from behind tactics and being in the handicappers grip .

Of the others the well fancied Yuften travelled well for a long way and I wouldn't write him off just yet.

RUNNING TOTAL : - 2pts .

Race 2 will be the Newbury Spring Cup on April 22nd .
Report custardcream64 April 22, 2017 1:28 PM BST
RACE 2 . SPRING CUP .
SAT 22ND APRIL . 3-40 NEWBURY .

ANOTHER TOUCH didn't show much last time out but the draw and going were against him . I expect a better showing today on the better ground and i feel he is still well enough handicapped to make his presence felt today . 1PT WIN .

FASTNET TEMPEST is pretty consistent and off this mark a bold front running performance could be on the cards . 1pt win .

F
Report thegibbons April 22, 2017 8:21 PM BST
how unlucky.
Report custardcream64 April 24, 2017 4:17 PM BST
RESULT

1ST Banksea
2nd Another Touch
3rd Fastnet Tempest
4th George William

Race Review

A great race and a few hard luck stories [ including me!].

Banksea showed a good turn of foot to get up close home under Spencer and will be a threat in races like the Hunt Cup later in the season , providing the handicapper doesn't go mad .

Another Touch ran a fine race to finish 2nd and was more at home on this quicker ground .

Fastnet Tempest looked to have the race in the bag a furlong out but hung badly left and threw the race away.

The 4th home George William could also be considered a bit unlucky after staying on strongly after being slowly away .

Of the others ,Donncha stayed on under pressure to finish 7th but to me is not one to trust and remains on my 'avoid ' list .

One of the outsiders who ran well for a long way was Big Baz . Maybe a bit high in the handicap still but one to watch out later in the season on softer going .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 4pts .

Race 3 will be The Esher Cup on April 28th at Sandown .
Report custardcream64 April 26, 2017 11:51 AM BST
RACE 3. ESHER CUP.

FRIDAY 28TH APRIL . 1-50 SANDOWN .

THE GRAPE ESCAPE ran twice last season , winning a maiden at this track and then tackling group company at Newbury .Looks fairly handicapped on those runs and no reason why he shouldn't make up to be a decent handicapper this season with normal improvement. 1PT WIN .

FIRST UP ran 3 times as a 2yo , showing improvement with each run . Took a Kempton maiden on it's third outing and likely to progress further again this season . 1PT WIN .
Report custardcream64 May 3, 2017 9:12 AM BST
RESULT

1ST Atty Persee
2ND Mucho Applause
3RD The Grape Escape

Race review

A very rough race with the well backed fav getting up close home .

Atty Persee stayed on well and will probably be even better over a longer trip .

The Grape Escape got into a barging match on the rail but ran well and no reason to think he can't go on from this .

My other selection FIRST UP never really got competitive here but may have needed the outing .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 6PTS

RACE 4 Will be the Spring Lodge H'cap at Newmarket Sat 6TH May .
This was the strongest 3-y-o handicap so far this season and i'm sure the form of this race will work out pretty well .
Report custardcream64 May 5, 2017 2:04 PM BST
A small but select field so just the one selection on this occasion.

BALLET CONCERTO won cosily at Doncaster and looks the type to improve throughout the season. 2pts win.
Report custardcream64 May 9, 2017 3:02 PM BST
RESULT

1ST PLAYFUL SOUND

2ND NEXT STAGE

3RD CENTRAL SQUARE

Race Review

NEXT STAGE seemed to have the race in the bag a furlong out but the extra furlong and the uphill finish seemed to catch him out . A step back to a mile should suit . The winner battled back well and could be even better over 10 furlongs . BALLET CONCERTO could only manage a well beaten 5th . Possibly the ground was a bit quick for him would be my only excuse .

RUNNING TOTAL :  - 8PTS .

RACE 5 Will be the CHESTER CUP on WED 10TH MAY .
Report custardcream64 May 9, 2017 3:26 PM BST
Race 5 . Chester Cup .
wed 10th may . 3-35 Chester .

WATERSMEET has been running well on the AW and looks worth a try at this trip . Jockey rides this course well and should be a prominent runner here .

GOOD TRADITION is fit from hurdling and trainer won this contest twice before . Looks fairly handicapped and won't lack for stamina . Looks overpriced to me from a single figure draw .
Report custardcream64 May 11, 2017 11:54 AM BST
RESULT

1ST MONTALY

2ND YORKIDDING

3RD FUN MAC

4TH WHO DARES WINS

RACE REVIEW

MONTALY travelled well off the pace and stayed on strongly to nail Yorkidding close home .WATERSMEET was always prominent but after taking it up 2f out couldn't find any extra .My other selection the outsider GOOD TRADITION finished 15th and was outclassed .

RUNNING TOTAL  :  -10PTS .

Race 6 will be the Victoria Cup on SAT 13TH MAY AT ASCOT .
Report custardcream64 May 11, 2017 12:27 PM BST
RACE 6 . VICORIA CUP .

Sat 13th May . Ascot .

FASTNET TEMPEST one of my selections in the Newbury Spring Cup had the race won a furlong out before hanging badly inside the final furlong . This drop back to 7fur shouldn't be a problem and another big run is expected . 1pt win.

THE WARRIOR found all sorts of trouble at Goodwood last time out before flying home to finish 3rd . Drawn 25 here and if that isn't a problem i expect him to go well here in an obviously wide open race . 1pt win .
Report nocturnal May 15, 2017 9:41 PM BST
Well deserved CC64......keep knocking and the door will open.

Not sure what to make of the draw there?

Couple real eyecatchers in behind,Shady McCoy given an interesting ride,being one of them.
Report custardcream64 May 17, 2017 7:52 PM BST
Result

1St Fastnet Tempest. Bsp 6.85 (sp 5/1)

2nd William George

3Rd Zhui Fingers

4th Shady McCoy

Race Review

A cosy win for Fastnet Tempest. Cheekpieces seen to help after throwing the race away at Newbury and still looks one to follow. George William ran another blinder and will deserve to land a nice race this season. Zhui Feng made a bold bid from the front and is another who should land a decent handicap along the way. The Warrior had every chance a furlong out but does look a tricky ride.
Maybe needs a stronger rider.

Those drawn low had no real chance in the way the race panned out so I would forget their run here.

Profit 4.84.

Running total: - 5.16.

Nocturnal - Hi.
An interesting race and certainly a race that should throw up a fair few winners.
Report custardcream64 May 17, 2017 7:55 PM BST
Race 7 will be The Hambleton Handicap at York on Thursday 18th May.
Report nocturnal May 18, 2017 12:28 AM BST
Handicap wise.....tough as they come.

Several unexposed types from good yards,ultra competitive on paper.

Small play Glory Awaits.....4th last year,saw plenty daylight,stuck on well against some good horses.

Outside draw to overcome,if they come stands side not all bad,hunt cup run gives him a sqeak,not so sure he

deserves current quotes.

GL those playing
Report custardcream64 May 18, 2017 2:39 PM BST
RACE 7 . HAMBLETON H'cap .

Thursday 18th MAY . YORK .

HERE COMES WHEN won't mind the soft going and is more than capable off this mark .A group 2 winner in the past , hopefully he can show some of his best form here today . 1pt win .

A few lightly raced 4-y-o's in the field and VICTORY BOND from an in form yard who likes winners here looks interesting. Ran in the Dante last year and should be competitive from this mark . 1pt win .
Report luckyme May 18, 2017 5:21 PM BST
well done,Custard.
Report nocturnal May 18, 2017 9:04 PM BST
On a roll now CC64.....VWP
Report Facts May 18, 2017 10:09 PM BST
Good tipping
Report custardcream64 May 23, 2017 6:01 PM BST
Result

1St Here Comes When bsp 15.50.(sp 10 /1)

2nd Chelsea Lad

3Rd Victory Bond

4th Another Touch

Race Review

Here Comes When loved the underfoot conditions and won well in the end.

Chelsea Lad was again well backed and did nothing wrong in Second place.

Victory Bond ran a nice race first time out and should be winning soon, possibly over slightly further.

A few of these struggled in the ground and shouldn't be written off just yet.
Report custardcream64 May 23, 2017 6:05 PM BST
Profit +13.50

Running Total + 8.34

Race 8: Silver Bowl H'cap at Haydock on Saturday May 27th.
Report custardcream64 May 26, 2017 2:20 PM BST
RACE 8 : SILVER BOWL H'CAP.

SAT 27TH MAY . HAYDOCK .

MUSTARRID has only run 4 times but hasn't done a lot wrong so far. Pipped on the post last time out and from a decent draw should go well . 1pt win .

Mark Johnston fires 3 arrows at this race and i feel that MAILSHOT maybe a little overpriced here . A low draw is a bonus and despite this being a tougher race could outrun his odds . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 May 31, 2017 2:59 PM BST
RESULT

1ST RUSUMATT

2ND INDIAN DANDY

3RD MASHAM STAR

RACE REVIEW

A very comfortable pillar to post win for RUSUMATT .Given a positive ride he never really looked like being caught and stayed on strongly . Could be equally effective over 10 furlongs .

INDIAN DANDY ran a sound race to finish runner up and should be winning again soon .

MUSTARRID had every chance 2fur out but couldn't pick up and it was a similiar story for my other selection MAILSHOT .

The eye catcher in the race was FIRE BRIGADE. He was slowly away and held up before staying on very strongly into 4th place .

Running Total +6.34

Race 9 . EPSOM DASH .SAT 3RD JUNE.
Report custardcream64 June 3, 2017 2:15 PM BST
RACE 9 . EPSOM DASH . SAT 3RD JUNE .

kimberella was a very unlucky runner up in this race last year . Useful 7lb claimer on board and should go well .1pt win .

Amomentofmadness comes here in fine form and still looks to be on a winnable mark . Top jockey booking catches the eye and if a low draw doesn't prove to be a problem he should give his running .1pt win .
Report custardcream64 June 5, 2017 3:27 PM BST
RACE 9 RESULT

1ST CASPIAN PRINCE

2ND DARK SHOT

3RD DUKE OF FIRENZE

4TH AMOMENTOFMADNESS

RACE REVIEW

CASPIAN PRINCE won the race for the third time , just holding off the fast finishing DARK SHOT .The latter will probably turn out to be one of the unluckiest losers of the season . Stone last 2fur out he flew up the rail and would have won in another stride . If connections step him up to 6furlongs then races like the Wokingham and Stewards Cup could be on the agenda

DUKE OF FIRENZE was another to finish fast and late and would remain a threat in these sprints .

AMOMENTOFMADNESS burst out of the stalls and showed a lot of pace but had no more to give inside the final furlong .

KIMBRELLA never really threatened and could be slightly too high in the handicap at present .

RUNNING TOTAL + 4.34

RACE 10 Will be the Scottish Sprint Cup at Musselbrough on Sat 10th June .
Report custardcream64 June 5, 2017 3:30 PM BST
^ 17th June .
Report custardcream64 June 6, 2017 10:59 AM BST
About a third of the way through the season and with a little break to the next race I thought I would take a look at back on the horses  that I've backed so far and also a look ahead to Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood .

LINCOLN

OH THIS IS US : Since finishing runner up in the Lincoln , he has run another 4 times ,winning twice at 9/4 and 3/1 .One of those victories came in a listed race over 6furlongs .Finished a very unlucky 3rd in the Group 3 Diomed at Epsom on Derby Day .Seems to be effective from 6 fur to a mile so connections are spoilt for choice for future engagements . Entered in Royal Hunt Cup .

DOLPHIN VISTA : Only ran once since . Finished last of 9 at Newmarket . Ground was fast that day and best form shown on good or softer . I'm sute trainer will find a race for him later in the season . Another who is entered for Royal Hunt Cup .

SPRING CUP

ANOTHER TOUCH : Ran a sound race to finish 4th at York and then won last time out at 9/4 in a little h'cap at Nottingham.
Entered in Royal Hunt Cup - one of my favourite handicaps of the season and looks like being a cracking race this year .

FASTNET TEMPEST : After throwing away this race has bounced back to win 2 from 2 . A very cosy winner of the Victoria Cup at 5/1 he then turned up at Chester to win at 5/6 . Was slowly away that day and was last with 2furlongs to go . Shot up on the inside to win by a neck from a 50/1 rag . Still not an easy ride but still improving . Entered in Royal Hunt Cup and the Wokingham .

ESHER CUP

THE GRAPE ESCAPE : Just the one outing since , finishing 2nd at Haydock . No entries at the moment .

FIRST UP : 2 modest runs since this race and no future entries .

SPRING LODGE

BALLET CONCERTO : Took a step up in class to run in the Diomed . Was hampered 2fur out and was eased after that . Still one to keep on the right side .Hunt Cup bound .

CHESTER CUP

WATERSMEET : Not ran since.

GOOD TRADITION :Not ran since . Is entered at Bangor over hurdles this Thursday.

VICTORIA CUP

FASTNET TEMPEST : See above .

THE WARRIOR : Finished 2nd to Gossiping [more of him later] at Goodwood . Still looks an awkward ride and doesn't win very often . Enterec at Goodwood this Sunday and Royal Hunt Cup .

HAMBLETON

HERE COMES WHEN : Entered in Royal Hunt Cup and Sussex Stakes .

VICTORY BOND : Entered in Royal Hunt Cup .

SILVER BOWL

MUSTARRID : No entries

MAILSHOT : No entries

EPSOM DASH

KIMBERELLA : Entered in KINGS STAND and Scottish Sprint Cup.

AMOMENTOFMADNESS : Entered in Scottish Sprint Cup .

Looking ahead .

ROYAL HUNT CUP .

The handicap race of the season for me . Looks set to be a very strong renewal this year .

BANKSEA showed a good turn of foot [a sign I like to see to win ] to win the Newbury Spring Cup .

FASTNET TEMPEST . On a hat trick now .

AFJAAN .Easily beat OH THIS IS US at Haydock.

GEORGE WILLIAM . Ran 2 rock solid races so far .

NEXT STAGE .Won nicely first time out over a mile but seemed to be caught out by the extra furlong at Newmarket .

CHELSEA LAD : Well backed in 2 major races so far and ran well at York .

G K CHESTERTON : Second to GEORGE WILLIAM first time out . Won next two races and fast improving .

OH THIS IS US : Very versatile and game .

VICTORY BOND : Ran an excellent race first time out . Strong pace of this race would suit .Would like to see him over 10fur sometime in the future .

GOSSIPING : A horse who has won 5 out of last 7 . Those wins have been at a lower level than this but shows a smart turn of foot and if not showing up here would be of interest at Goodwood [won twice there]at the big meeting .

GLORIOUS GOODWOOD

GOSSIPING already mentioned for this meeting .

DARK SHOT after finishing a very unlucky second in the Epsom Dash maybe tried over 6furlongs . If so the STEWARDS CUP could well be a target .

SHADY McCOY has ran two 'eyecatching' races this season. Entered for Hunt Cup but I expect him to show up here .
Report custardcream64 June 16, 2017 2:03 PM BST
RACE 10 . SCOTTISH SPRINT CUP . MUSSELURGH SAT 17TH JUNE .

HARRY HURRICANE got going a bit to late last time out at York .Hopefully will get a nice tow from those drawn low and looks capable off this mark . 1pt win.

EAST STREET REVUE from the 1 stall catches my eye . Won 3 times last year and still looks on a winnable mark . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 June 19, 2017 3:53 PM BST
RACE 10 RESULT .

1st : LINE OF REASON

2nd : HARRY HURRICANE

3rd : KIMBERELLA

RACE REVIEW

LINE OF REASON came with a well timed run under Joe Fanning to take the race in the final couple of strides .
HARRY HURRICANE got a nice tow through from the front runners but was just nabbed close home .

Several of the field didnt get much of a run in a messy race , including DUKE OF FIRENZE .

EAST STREET REVUE held every chance a furlong out but couldn't pick up .

RUNNING TOTAL : +2.34

RACE 11 : ROYAL HUNT CUP . ASCOT WED 21ST JUNE .
Report custardcream64 June 20, 2017 5:34 PM BST
RACE 11 . ROYAL HUNT CUP . ASCOT WED 21ST JUNE .

TABARRAK shoulders top weight of 9-11 but is classy with good course form and hopefully a decent draw [lots of pace drawn high].1pt win

EARLY MORNING ran a nice race first time out to set him up for this race .Another who goes well here and strong jockey booked .1pt win.
Report custardcream64 June 24, 2017 1:37 PM BST
RACE 12 . WOKINGHAM

STEADY PACE 1PT WIN

SHANGHAI GLORY 1PT WIN .

* No time for a write up today *
Report custardcream64 June 24, 2017 1:37 PM BST
RACE 12 . WOKINGHAM

STEADY PACE 1PT WIN

SHANGHAI GLORY 1PT WIN .

* No time for a write up today *
Report custardcream64 June 26, 2017 3:21 PM BST
RACE 11 RESULT . ROYAL HUNT CUP .

1ST : ZHUI FENG

2ND : BLAIR HOUSE

3RD :TASHWEEQ

4TH : BALLET CONCERTO

Race Review

A deserved win for the front running Zhui Feng who gamely held off the late challenge of the lightly weighted Blair House .

TABARAAK was a creditable 5th under top weight .

EARLY MORNING raced prominently but faded from 2furlongs out .

A few to note : FASTNET TEMPEST had a troubled passage and was running on strongly . Could still have another decent race in him this season .

REMARKABLE also had traffic problems and looks capable of winning a race before the season is over .

YUFTEN , GEORGE WILLIAM and BELGIAN BILL had little chance being drawn on the wrong side .

RUNNING TOTAL : + 0.34
Report custardcream64 June 26, 2017 3:43 PM BST
RACE 12 RESULT , WOKINGHAM .

1ST : OUT DO

2ND : STEADY PACE

3RD : PROJECTION

4TH : POLYBIUS

RACE REVIEW

The O'MEARA/TUDHOPE duo struck again has OUT DO enjoyed the step back up to 6furlongs .

STEADY PACE did nothing wrong in second place and should land a nice sprint soon .

PROJECTION won the race stands side and will probably head to the Stewards Cup again at Gooodwood .

SHANGHAI GLORY was smartly away but weakened out of it to finish last .Should show his true worth on softer going later on in the season .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 1.66 .

RACE 13 : NORTHHUMBERLAND PLATE . NEWCASTLE SAT 1ST JULY .
Report custardcream64 July 1, 2017 1:31 PM BST
Hopefully GOOD RUN can live up to his name here .

A bit of a hit and miss performer but seems to have a decent draw and in first time cheekpieces after a break could outrun his odds . 1pt win .

FLYMETOTHESTARS is improving fast and with winning cd form should go close . The one horse in the race who could go on to be a cup horse . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 July 3, 2017 11:22 AM BST
RESULT

1ST : HIGHER POWER

2ND : NATURAL SCENERY

3RD : FLYMETOTHESTARS

RACE REVIEW

HIGHER POWER travelled well in the race and held on gamely to win .

NATURAL SCENERY doesn't find a lot of the bridle and was just outbattled .

FLYMETOTHESTARS pulled quite a bit and couldn't reel the leader in . When learning to settle better he could be a decent stayer in the making .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 3.66

RACE 14 : OLD NEWTON CUP . HAYDOCK . SAT 8TH JULY .
Report custardcream64 July 4, 2017 9:13 AM BST
* I'm on holiday for the next 3 weeks so will just post selections and will update when i return *
Report custardcream64 July 7, 2017 1:38 PM BST
3-15 hay.

TAWDEEA 1PT

SOLDIER IN ACTION 1PT
Report custardcream64 July 14, 2017 4:50 PM BST
sat 15th july .

Bunbury Cup : Gossiping 2pts win .

Johns Smiths Cup .

Victory Bond 1PT Win .

Bravery 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 July 26, 2017 9:39 AM BST
RACE 14 RESULT . OLD NEWTON CUP .

1ST : DYLAN MOUTH

2ND : SOLDIER IN ACTION

3RD : SHRAAOH

4TH : BLAKENEY POINT

RACE REVIEW

DYLAN MOUTH a 3 times group winner in Italy stayed  on strongly to take this prize .

SOLDIER IN ACTION ran a game race in second but couldn't match the winner for pace inside the final furlong .

TAWDEEA got going too late to finish a never dangerous 5th .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 5.66 PTS .
Report custardcream64 July 26, 2017 9:55 AM BST
RACE 15 RESULT . BUNBURY CUP .

1ST : ABOVE THE REST

2ND :SIR DANCEALOT

3RD : STEADY PACE

4TH : TONY CURTIS

RACE REVIEW

ABOVE THE REST got up close home to snatch the spoils . Had some fair form this season but this was a step up in performance .

SIRDANCEALOT ran well to take 2nd place and should find a race later in the season .

STEADY PACE couldn't quite last home . A strongly run 6fur race {Ayr Gold Cup} could be right up his street.

GOSSIPING finished a well beaten 7th and maybe in the handicappers grip for now.

RUNNING TOTAL :- 7.66PTS .

RACE 16 : INTERNATIONAL AT ASCOT ,SAT 29TH JULY .
Report custardcream64 July 28, 2017 5:52 PM BST
BUCKSTAY hasn't shown much this season but goes well here and ground will be suitable . 1pt win

MIJACK at the foot of the handicap will like the underfoot conditions and looks the best of the 3 year olds . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 July 31, 2017 3:06 PM BST
RACE 16 RESULT

1ST : STAMP HILL

2ND : MIJACK

3RD : WITHERNSEA

4TH :JOHNNY BARNES

RACE REVIEW

STAMP HILL produced a shock result . 18TH of 18TH last time out but travelled strongly in the race and could be named the winner 2fur out . First time blinkers and the soft going seemed to work the oracle .

MIJACK ran a cracker to finish runner up . The 3-y-o was quite free early on but kept on gamely.

The 5th home FIRMAMENT ran a very sound race under 9-10 . The handicapper looks to have his measure though .

Several of the field including FASTNET TEMPEST , GOSSIPING and SHADY McCOY could never really land a blow .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 9.66 PTS .

RACE 17 .FRI 4TH AUGUST . BETFRED MILE . GOODWOOD .

RACE 18 . SAT 5TH AUGUST . STEWARDS CUP . GOODWOOD .
Report custardcream64 August 4, 2017 12:14 AM BST
RACE 17 . BETFRED MILE . GOODWOOD . AUG 4TH .

WITHERNSEA will certainly act on the ground and comes here in good form after a fine 3rd place at Ascot . 1pt win

G K CHESTERSON is another who has shown its best form on soft going and could well bounce back here after a no show in the Hunt Cup . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 August 4, 2017 8:13 PM BST
RACE 18 . STEWARDS CUP

AL QAHWA ran a fine race last time out to finish 2nd on soft ground and looks set to run well here . 2pt win .
Report custardcream64 August 15, 2017 2:44 PM BST
RACE 17 RESULT

1ST : MASTER THE WORLD

2ND : TONY CURTIS

3RD : BIRCHWOOD

4TH : WITHERNSEA

RACE REVIEW

Last year's runner up MASTER THE WORLD went one better under a brave Moore ride on the inside rail .

Following a fine 4th in the Bunbury Cup TONY CURTIS again ran well to snatch 2nd place on the line .

WITHERNSEA stayed on well inside the final furlong to take 4th but didn't quite have enough to land a serious blow .

G K CHESTERTON ran prominently before weakening 2furlongs out and then being eased as if something was amiss .
Report custardcream64 August 15, 2017 3:00 PM BST
RACE 18 RESULT

1ST : LANCELOT DU LAC

2ND : AEOLUS

3RD : UPSTAGING

4TH  GROWL

RACE REVIEW

A typical Goodwood sprint , a rough race and those drawn on the stands side had little chance.

The winner got over to the far rail out of trouble and kept on gamely under Dettori .

AEOLUS ran on well to snatch 2nd and Upstaging also finished strongly in 3rd .

AL QAHWA lost his place 2fur out and weakened from there .
Report custardcream64 August 15, 2017 3:03 PM BST
RUNNING TOTAL : - 13.66 PTS .

RACE 19 : GREAT ST.WILFRED .RIPON . SAT 19TH AUG.
Report custardcream64 August 17, 2017 6:52 PM BST
FLYING PURSUIT a c&d winner won well last time out and still looks on a winnable mark here . 2pt win .
Report custardcream64 August 25, 2017 7:48 PM BST
RACE 20 .EBOR. YORK SAT 26TH AUG.

CLEVER COOKIE a c&d winner hopefully still has a big race in him off this mark .1pt win.

STAR STORM has ran some solid races and another crack at this trip looks worth a try. 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 August 29, 2017 8:53 AM BST
RACE 19 RESULT .

1ST :MATTMU

2ND : PIPERS NOTE

3RD :SHANGHAI GLORY

4TH :SNAP SHOTS

RACE REVIEW

MATTMU led virtually the whole contest and held on gamely .

FLYING PURSUIT ran well but couldn't find anymore inside the final furlong .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 15.66PTS .
Report custardcream64 August 29, 2017 9:02 AM BST
RACE 20 RESULT

1ST : NAKEETA

2ND : FLYMETOTHESTARS

3RD : NATURAL SCENERY

4TH : ARCH VILLAIN

RACE REVIEW

NAKEETA and FLYMETOTHESTARS had the race to themselves inside the final furlong with the former just holding on by a head . FLYMETOTHESTARS still looks to be a cup horse in the making for next season .

CLEVER COOKIE got outpaced before staying on late but never a threat to the leaders.

STAR STORM made headway 3f out but gradually weakened and was pulled up in the end .

RUNNING TOTAL : - 17.66PTS .
Report FELTFAIR August 29, 2017 4:37 PM BST
2.65-1 six places Clever Cookie.
Report custardcream64 September 4, 2017 4:24 PM BST
RACE 21 will be the Appletiser H'cap at Ascot on Sat 9th of Sept.3-55.
Report custardcream64 September 7, 2017 3:28 PM BST
RACE 21

Glenys The Menace didn't get involved last time out at York but before that this filly has been running well.The only C&D winner in the field . 1pt win.

Londinium represents a trainer who targets this race . Hasn't done a lot wrong this season and still on a reasonable mark . 1pt win .
Report custardcream64 September 12, 2017 4:21 PM BST
RACE 21 RESULT

1ST : Duke Of Bronte

2nd : Melting Dew

3rd : Mam'selle

Race Review

The first two home had a great battle inside the final furlong with the very game Duke Of Bronte holding on by a neck.

The 3-y-o Mam'salle stayed on well after being held up and looks sure to get back in the winner's enclosure soon.

LONDINIUM had every chance but could only stay on at the one pace.

GLENYS THE MENACE never really got involved and possibly the handicapper has her measure for now.

Running TOTAL : - 19.66PTS

Race 22: PORTLAND .DONCASTER . SAT 16TH SEPT.
Report custardcream64 September 15, 2017 4:21 AM BST
STAKE ACCLAIM a c&d winner has been in pretty good form for most of the season and should go well here.1pt win

UNDER THE COVERS of a low weight could out run his odds .1pt win.
Report custardcream64 September 19, 2017 3:30 PM BST
RACE 22 RESULT

1ST : SPRING LOADED

2ND :VIBRANT CHORDS

3RD : JUSTANOTHERBOTTLE

4TH : LEXINGTON ABBEY

RACE REVIEW

The stands side runners had a big advantage here and SPRING LOADED took full advantage for an easy win .

VIBRANT CHORDS ran a fine race to finish 2nd but had no chance with the winner .

STAKE ACCLAIM was badly hampered a furlong out and was heavily eased so maybe not one to give up on just yet.

UNDER THE COVERS led the far side to 2 out but had little chance from that draw .

running total :- 21.66pts .

RACE 23 : AYR GOLD CUP . SAT 23RD SEPT.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com