Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 179 comments are related to the topic:
Betfair Hurdle - Newbury 13th Feb.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 179
By:
Facts
When: 11 Feb 16 21:04
Totally agree. Back a horse to win and go with it. Happy
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 11 Feb 16 21:55
Got a feeling this plot and Modus might be a disguise. I will be keeping a close eye on other Mullins JP and RR owned runners in the market! Just seems to obvious to me, why let the cover be blown before the day of the race? Ok, JP did it with MTOY and GMOOH, both of which i was on at top prices i hasten to add and Nichol's successful with Zarkander was a bit of a gamble but am not sure.

Like the above poster says, less than a week after last on a race track is what i would be worried about, however, not so sure about any travelling as seem to remember a certain Wicklow Brave who won the County last year after being well supported for 3 competitive handicaps beforehand and did nothing in them but then to dot up on that greatest day! He never went back to Ireland at any point during that time (Dec' - March) and am pretty sure Blazer would have stayed in England too though unlike WB there has been no mention of that anywhere in the press. Not an aftertime as posted the same line about WB last year but don't keep track of threads on here but was on at 28s and was one of only 2 lads in the whole of the betfair vip tent to be screaming as he went 4 clear jumping the last!

Kalkir ran a brilliant prep lto, after being smashed up in the antepost lists for that (14s - 6s in a place) he was allowed to go off 12/1sp but that was after drifting to 16s in the market on the lead up to a very competitive handicap won by Henry Higgens. He went massive on here (20s+). Korals 25/1 is of interest for sure!
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 11 Feb 16 21:58
None of those horses that did it after an obvious gamble were trained by Mullins, they were Henderson and Nichols obviously. Given the way he went about Wicklow Brave last year, am not sure if it is his style eitherConfused
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 11 Feb 16 22:52
I'm not following that STS - why would Blazer have stayed in England when he won a handicap at Leopardstown 5 days ago and is French bred, Irish trained and has raced 3 times in France and 3 times in Ireland?
By:
Arklearkle
When: 11 Feb 16 23:11
Yes I reckon Seathe you've got things mixed up a bit - the tension and the build-up is getting the better of you. Its a bit early to be sweating up - you may have to try that powder they put between the horses legs!
By:
duffy
When: 11 Feb 16 23:15
How the fook did he slip the Betfair VIP tent in there ffsGrin
By:
stevo1
When: 11 Feb 16 23:33
I was on at top prices as usual after-timing ffs how many times. You gotta laugh its likes Fantasy Island.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 11 Feb 16 23:35
Perhaps it was the one in Leopardstown or France even!
By:
duffy
When: 11 Feb 16 23:48
STEVO

JP did it with MTOY and GMOOH, both of which i was on at top prices i hasten to add

That's the quality bit, that added bit of flourish to finish it offGrin

they love that sort of thing over on the aftertime thread, a classic entry.

WinkWink sts, all good fun.
By:
stevo1
When: 12 Feb 16 00:12
Absolutely all in the best possible taste.
By:
liberator of the oppressed
When: 12 Feb 16 05:49
Be very careful with the chopper Head Excited
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 07:17
All good fun indeed guys i take it on the chin as usual Wink

I typed it out wrong i apologise, i meant to say that Wicklow stayed in England, having 3 competitive handicap starts before the fez where he was well supported but then allowed to go off a relatively unfancied 25/1 shot.

Well that was what i had in my head at the time of typing the above out anyways, i have an appointment at the quacks this morning to rest assured gents i am in good hands Crazy

That day i had last year though, unbelievable!! So wish i could put pics on here, need to figure that bit out as got loads from that day including Vicky P and Paul Nichols
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 07:58
Haha reported
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 12 Feb 16 08:01
The weather forecast has improved, doesn't seem to be so much rain about.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 12 Feb 16 09:01
Not a favourite for me this race and this year is no exception.

Backed Ivan Grozny and Champagne at Tara, both each way. Little or no expectation.
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 12 Feb 16 09:05
First of all HM and CCM fair play to both of you for taking all the value and my respect to you for not laying any of it off, fortune favours the brave.

Another thing GMOOH was trained by Jonjo O'Neill STS add that to you list, you're talking when you should be listeningWink you sure there was someone else in Betfair Vip tent cheering WB? There wasn't a mirror in thereConfusedLaugh
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 09:27
Nope def just me and one other chap sat on a seat round the other side of the free bar near the big screen, It went very quiet and it is one race i wont forget! LaughCrazyLaugh
By:
Facts
When: 12 Feb 16 10:02
Happy with the two I backed earlier in the week

Blazer
Sternrubin
By:
dunlaying
When: 12 Feb 16 11:10
Chieftain's Choice e/w for small money. Well weighted on his best efforts.
By:
M13
When: 12 Feb 16 12:21
Have backed two , as i dont do each way. I went through the Irish horses and Mr Mullins(repeatedly) and came up with Ivan Grozny, Reasons for Trained by a Genius, is lightly raced, type to improve and love the jockey M Fogarty  has bits of form in the past on soft and represents Value for me at 40s had bits antepost on here at 70 . still a few quid at 60.

The best of the home team at a massive 66-1 (yes i like value) was Montbazon, Trainer in great form, had a treble or four timer at Doncaster the other week. Plus he's a Course/Distance winner in his time (4 years ago). Could also be ok in the Ground. Finally hes entered in The Arkle and The JLT at Cheltenham, no less. So he must surely still retain some ability. He's an attractive price for me.

Good Luck everyone.

Ivan Grozny @ 40-1
Montbazon   @ 50-1
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 12 Feb 16 12:30
M13 GL and I'm not an EW fan but at 33s plus surely you have to? Especially as some will be paying 5 places. Anyway each to their own mate GL
By:
DECALEC
When: 12 Feb 16 15:26
Post removed STS have a look in that mirror that was in the fantasyland tent along with them fantasyisland bookiesExcitedCrazy
By:
DECALEC
When: 12 Feb 16 15:30
2 against the hotpot AFFAIRE DHONNER & DICOSIMO
By:
paulo47
When: 12 Feb 16 15:49
WB jinked sharply left at Sandown and just totally missed the break at Newbury (Unlike Violet Dancer) , he had previously jinked left  against Faugheen at Punchestown . There was loads of money for him in both the Sandown race and the Betfair , but anyone who kept the faith got it back in spades in the County , where he was largely friendless , I guess he cudnt swerve left as the whole field was inside him (+ a different jockey ).
By:
tomdeane
When: 12 Feb 16 17:11
0.5pt EW Champagne At Tara for me - like the low weight and think he can improve a good bit on his last run, with Jonjo's not in great form but hopefully turning the corner now. No great expectation but he looks the sort to appreciate a strong gallop and I think he can certainly win races from this mark (although whether he can win one this good is very much open to debate).
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 12 Feb 16 17:15
Agrapart ew and War Sound for me.

It seems that Hobbs has been farming these races all season and I might well have picked the wrong one of his, we'll see.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 12 Feb 16 18:09
I had WB in his two earlier races and I knew when he appeared on the outside in the county that it was all over. Hadnt a penny on him. A dog methinks.
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 18:19
Fair enough Decalec, you don't have to believe me. After all, am not your average poster on here that posts comments like that often trying to get any kind of recognition. It happened and genuinely if i could post photos on here i would!

I will try and use someone else's computer if you like and if not will even open another account to see if there is some sort of block in place but genuinely if i could prove it i would! FantasylandConfused I thought that was near SkegnessConfusedLaugh
By:
unclepuncle
When: 12 Feb 16 18:22
FELTFAIR
12 Feb 16 10:01

Backed Ivan Grozny and Champagne at Tara, both each way. Little or no expectation.

Great minds and all that.Laugh

1pt Ivan Grozny @ 70
0.5pt Champagne at Tara @ 70
0.25pt Modus @ 10
0.5pt Affaire Dhonneur @ 11

GL All
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 12 Feb 16 18:25
As for WB, for the 1st of those he was 33/1 the night before the race opened at 14s and went off 9s (Behind, effort 3 out, no impression when hampered next (op 14/1))

For the 2nd race he was 25s the night before the race opened 12/1 went off 9s (Swerved left start, always well behind, tailed off when pulled up before last (op 12/1))

For one or both of the above races he was the subject of a price wise tip too.

No fantasyland Wink
By:
roobuck
When: 12 Feb 16 19:06
Not trying to get recognition STS? Are you for real?

Mention your apparent success on WB, MTOY and GMOOH? Why do that unless you are a shameless aftertimer trying to prove how good you are if they happened. But you would still have had at least 12 other losers each race as that's how you bet.

And you claim to place all your bets in shops. Yet you are invited to the Betfair VIP tent?

I've had a tough week. Thanks for making me laugh so much.
By:
slowerthanjohn
When: 12 Feb 16 19:10
roobuck I think STS was invited to the Betfair VIP tent as a guest speaker because he sure likes to talk a lot Crazy
By:
DECALEC
When: 12 Feb 16 19:28
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughMischief
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 12 Feb 16 22:24
My brother  backed Splash of Ginge & Violet Dancer in the last 2 years,  we are going for the 20th year in a row tomorrow. im hoping he has a tip for me.

Im still hurting on the last flight fall of Far West Cry

I have backed Sternrubin & War Power AP, more i look at WP the less well handicapped he seems, won weak races and even though he ran a better race than his finishing place showed at aintree, it was a weak handicap. But he still has potential.

I want to back Blazer but the price is not for me now, but for BG to get off Modus means something. Not that i rate Modus as a 2miler.

Small ew bet on Matorico at 33/1 for me.
By:
deepingfox
When: 12 Feb 16 23:52
AFFAIRE DHONNER for me.  Love these 2M handicaps.
By:
Satrus_Froot
When: 13 Feb 16 05:24
Don't know if anyone has wrote up anything about Mad Jack Mytton or Zarib yet, can't be bothered to trawl through the whole thread, but the two that stick out like a sore thumb to me are MAD JACK MYTTON and ZARIB, particularly the former.

MJM has really been underrated by the handicapper IMO, at least 7 pounds worth on his last run. His last race was a solid effort in soft ground at Cheltenham closely behind Solstice Star giving him 25 pounds. Solstice Star has since gone on to win off 127 again at Chelters and is now a 134 horse. That's serious form. If he puts up a performance of that standard again he'll win this doing cartwheels, and he's 22/1. It's not unusual to see a nice price winner come in in this race.

Zarib is handicapped about right I'd say, but has showed steady improvement this season and has good course form as well as form on soft. Would imagine he'll take well to today's conditions.

At the prices I couldn't fancy some at the head of the betting, they may like heavy ground but many look a bit overrated by the handicapper, it will take some getting in these conditions today so rather be with the ones off the lighter weights who look well in.

I like Modus too but won't back him today. He's one I have my eye on for the Supreme at the festival next month to place at a nice price, looks better on good ground.

MAD JACK MYTTON @ 22/1
ZARIB @ 18/1
By:
Facts
When: 13 Feb 16 05:34
You really should be ' bothered '  !
There's some good write ups by knowledgeable people on here. That's the whole point of the threads in this Forum.
You never know,(as a ' newby')  you just might learn something.
By:
Satrus_Froot
When: 13 Feb 16 05:38
I usually would but haven't kept up to date with this thread and would like to read the whole thing but ain't got time this morning.
By:
Facts
When: 13 Feb 16 05:56
Fair enough . Good luck with your bets.
This a cracking race, really looking forward to it Happy
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 13 Feb 16 06:56
Doubts creeping in, nerves, don't like this heavy ground, god this is exciting!
Page 4 of 5  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com