Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 111 comments are related to the topic:
CASPIAN CAVIAR GOLD CUP - ANNACOTTY 12/1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 111
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 11 Dec 15 21:52
Would n't dream of saying he can't win but Tenor Nivernais' course form and his record in Class 1 and 2 races puts me off - though if he jumps like Aachen did today he'd have every chance.

Same applies to a lesser extent to Village Vic although he's had less attempts at C1 and C2 level and gets in off a featherweight - not sure Dickie Johnson has got this one right so I'll back Champagne West in the morning (was going to go win only but notice quite a lot of the books are going 4 places even though there's only 15 runners).

Rebecca Curtis's other 2 runners at Bangor today appear to have run quite respectably, Golden Milan arguably out ran his odds but this will be much more competitive as was the race in which The Romford Pele struggled before falling today - Irish Cavalier still holds an entry in the King George but I struggle to have much confidence that he'll perform to his best, I'm sure he'll prove himself a very decent animal eventually just not sure it will be tomorrow.

Agree with betily about the incestuous nature of the Paddy Power form as well - 5 of the 6 who reoppose are the top five in the handicap and might be vulnerable to something lower.

So Champagne West for me, good luck....
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 11 Dec 15 22:07
I still think Champagne West will prove the best horse in the future, I like Village Vics novice hurdle form, so off 10 stone he is the one for me. Really respect Annacotty as he has g1 form.

Alos like Champagne West, Johns Spirit and Mozoltov.

Also some c/f/c of the above 5.
By:
stevo1
When: 12 Dec 15 04:21
Stable form a worry but have backed Sound Investment,good luck.
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 09:09
VV's last 3 wins have all been on Good ground.

Tenor Nivernais hosed in last time out but his course form is just OK, nothing more, so puts me off.

NTD's horses usually take well to Cheltenham and at least Little Jon comes from a decent race at Newbury so although he is now 8/1 favourite he'll do for me.
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 09:16
Irish Cavalier a NR.
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 09:19
Little Jon's last 3 wins all on Soft. Big contrast between the two.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 12 Dec 15 09:53
Coming around to Little Jon myself, but the negative that I can't get over is him getting the trip. Just think 2m4f on soft ground around Chelts will be too much and he will get out stayed up the hill.
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 12 Dec 15 09:54
what
By:
IrisDeBalme
what
By:
IrisDeBalme
what
By:
IrisDeBalme
what
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 12 Dec 15 09:56
what ... a yoyo with Irish Cavalier

very disappointing ...
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 12 Dec 15 09:56
by the way - not sure how all the "what" 's got in the thread?
By:
Facts
When: 12 Dec 15 09:58
' .....just say ' what ' again , I dare you .....'

What film ? Laugh
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 12 Dec 15 10:25
Pulp fiction off course...

Although I just could have a stutter...
By:
tim6
When: 12 Dec 15 11:47
think champagne west will go off fav and win Tom O'Brien an able deputy
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 12 Dec 15 11:49
Going for a leap of faith, Jonjo O` Neill treble including Johns Spirit each way.

Will also back Tenor Nivernais each way and leave out Village Vic to my cost maybe.
By:
tim6
When: 12 Dec 15 12:07
anyone figure out the gamble on Mozoltov walsh\mullins combo. Give him that he goes on soft but form does
not look good enough has Mullins worked the auracle on him
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 13:49
I thought the rain would have arrived by now but it hasn't, so having a saver bet on VV.
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 13:54
Little Jon all but fell with that mistake, no chance now.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 12 Dec 15 13:57
Well done winners.

I couldn't have got that race more wrong.Cry
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 14:00
Sweet. The horse lurking in the 130's hacks up
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 12 Dec 15 14:10
Well done winners, & some people got the forecast too Cool
By:
sintonian
When: 12 Dec 15 14:16
Tenor Nivernais ran well, good eachway prices landed.
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 12 Dec 15 22:05
well done winners - the race says a lot about the Paddy Power runners -  4th 5th 6th and 7th ... you have to say pp form this season aint too great...
By:
tim6
When: 12 Dec 15 22:09
to be fair to the PP runners I think it was a gruelling race ground softer than normal and it took
a lot out of them, would think sound investment will win a big race as he has ran very well
By:
tim6
When: 12 Dec 15 22:20
to be fair to the PP runners I think it was a gruelling race ground softer than normal and it took
a lot out of them, would think sound investment will win a big race as he has ran very well
By:
sageform
When: 13 Dec 15 10:48
It might not have helped that the first 4 in the PP got weight hikes. Sound Investment ran really well again but can't see him winning a handicap. A weak Ryanair perhaps?
By:
PJay
When: 13 Dec 15 11:30
Horses have been built up for the Paddy Power for months and months. That's the target and they're fit and ready. The December Gold Cup is an afterthought. We don't really know how the horses have recovered and in many cases neither do the trainers.   

They're different races. Run most races again and you'll find a different winner. In the Paddy Power the front runners faded away and those held up fought out the finish. In the December Gold Cup those at the back didn't get a chance. Run the two again and it might be vice-versa.

Plus it's the new course versus the old course.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 14 Dec 15 21:25
Well done winners! Proves Richard Johnson knows much more than I do! Great ride too, superb pace judgement.

Tenor Nivernais ran well also but,as pointed out above, the Paddy Power protagonists disappointed.

Heard a Timeform bloke today saying effectively that he did n't think the race was up to much - I disagree, first two look progressive to me, not hard to see either of them winning either the big handicap at Kempton at end of Feb (Hobbs has won that four times I think) or a handicap back at the festival.

Given Wishfull Thinking and Menorah are getting on in years and likely to bypass the festival, one of VV or CW could even end up contesting the Ryanair.
By:
sageform
When: 15 Dec 15 19:17
Village Vic still comes out 8lb behind Champagne West and it would be surprising if the latter does not improve the most.
By:
sintonian
When: 15 Dec 15 21:55
VV was running off 136. He would have no chance of getting in the PP of that rating. Poor renewal.
Page 3 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com