Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 111 comments are related to the topic:
CASPIAN CAVIAR GOLD CUP - ANNACOTTY 12/1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 111
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Dec 15 14:48
I've added Champagne West @ 10/1

Generous Ransom clearly of interest for all the reasons stated above but Nick Gifford couldn't train pigs to eat right now so I will leave him unbacked - bound to hose up now.Cry
By:
betilyerded
When: 08 Dec 15 14:57
Ha! Well whadya know - he's gone and fluked a winner at Fontwell. Dont think thats a definite sign the tide has turned though...
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 08 Dec 15 17:03
I can see this being a 15 runner affair come off time so securing 4 places with the books could be a wise move Wink
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Dec 15 17:31
Saw he had a winner bet.., presume it was fortunate then?!
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 08 Dec 15 17:33
Regarding Tenor Nivernais, he's a horse I like a lot and have backed him many times, but I reckon he needs soft ground to show his best and that's looking more and more unlikely.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 08 Dec 15 18:35
Can't see the ground being anything but very testing. Might not be really wet and heavy, but tacky and gluey for sure.
By:
harchibald
When: 08 Dec 15 19:17
More uninformed money for Salubrious today ... and £8 quid matched on him for Ascot.

Does anyone think he could still run here ? They've traded almost as much on him now as Sound Investment - no pink money at time of writing here though ...
By:
KipperRSA
When: 08 Dec 15 19:34
My personal take on this race is that no one can confidently predict the outcome of those that ran well in the Paddy Power. I was on Annacotty that day and thought my bet was done as he soon came under pressure, Buywise ran on better than most, Irish Cavalier came there on the bit, Sound Investment ran well under a big weight, Art Mauresque got tired on the ground etc
Then you have horses that arent running so well but getting to a mark that would see them well in here eg Johns Spirit, Pass The Hat and of course Generous Ransom. This race tends to go to a horse running well though rather than one being given a chance by the handicapper but running so so.
Next are a block of runners that have been winning but is the form strong enough ? eg Village Vic, Doctor Phoenix, Little John, Tenor Nivernais
I personally think that this is a tricky race but decided that my angle will be a win bet on Champagne West who I hope will be fit and ready as looked a classy horse when last seen and one off the radar but the price appeals (25/1 with 4 places) in Turn Over Sivola each way.  I hope this horse gets declared as although there are alot of unknowns (trip especially) I am thinking that he could be a touch of value seeing as 5th in a Grand Annual, 3rd in a Grade 2 behind Vibrato Valtat and Top Gamble off a higher mark than this. Travelled well in the season pipe opener at this track before tiring in the latter stages but looking ominous 2 out.
By:
PJay
When: 08 Dec 15 19:36

Dec 8, 2015 -- 1:17PM, harchibald wrote:

More uninformed money for Salubrious today ... and £8 quid matched on him for Ascot. Does anyone think he could still run here ? They've traded almost as much on him now as Sound Investment - no pink money at time of writing here though ...

'The Insider' on Sporting Life advised him today harchibald. The markets will probably tell you very little at this stage.

By:
bigben
When: 08 Dec 15 20:50
I've just had a tweet back from Rebecca Curtis & if Irish Cavaliers bloods are OK tomorrow then he runs on Saturday.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Dec 15 21:23
Irish Cavalier is a rancid price given the concerns.
By:
deepingfox
When: 08 Dec 15 21:49
Philip Hobbs for me, VILLAGE VIC and CHAMPAGNE WEST.  Prefer the former, but would follow Richard Johnson' choice for a final selection.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Dec 15 22:00
Can he do 10st on VV?
By:
tim6
When: 08 Dec 15 22:36
Would think IC will be pulled too good a horse to risk on heavy going if
there is any doubt about him. Agree with Seathestars comment on taking 4 places now
as race is cutting up.
By:
Can't Catch Me
When: 09 Dec 15 11:11
Plenty of rain forecast for Chelts now... have added Tenor Nivernais at 14/1.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 09 Dec 15 13:57
Just watched the Paddy Power again and have had another 2pt win, 1 pt place on Annacotty @ 9/1 (1/4 1,2,3,4,) - just can't see him out of the places if he is in the same form (barring a fall, brought down etc obviously).

Looked in real trouble at half way but really found his stride once they hit the rising ground approaching the home turn and showed a good turn of foot to sweep into the lead and stayed on well.
By:
bigben
When: 09 Dec 15 17:11
I'm not sure about it being heavy ground at all. It's currently good to soft all over with 10 mm forecast over the next few days.
By:
Giddy
When: 10 Dec 15 01:10
Buywise was so very unlucky in the PP. If he could only improve his jumping, he would go very close in this. Are you deserting him CV?
Texas Jack caught my eye last time out. Jumped well and travelled strongly over a trip too far behind Don Cossack. Fancy him to make the
frame but main bet will be Buywise with fingers crossed for an improved round of jumping
By:
PJay
When: 10 Dec 15 10:14
Richard Johnson has chosen Village Vic over Champagne West.

Irish Cavalier given the all clear to run.
By:
PJay
When: 10 Dec 15 10:46
Salubrious, Generous Ransom and Pass the Hat don't run.
By:
tim6
When: 10 Dec 15 13:11
didn't know RJ could do 10st must be something in that and that he chose
village vic over champagne west
By:
PJay
When: 10 Dec 15 13:21

Dec 10, 2015 -- 7:11AM, tim6 wrote:

didn't know RJ could do 10st must be something in that and that he chosevillage vic over champagne west

He doesn't do it very often. This will be his 30th since 2008. 4 winners.

By:
1st time poster
When: 10 Dec 15 15:04
reading in the paper today the trainers saying BUYWISE is what he is, has 2 plates in his back hence the jumping probs and has to be ridden out the back to get warmed up
By:
CVByrne
When: 10 Dec 15 17:37
Irish Cavalier is a graded chaser in h/c company imv. No idea what happened in Paddy Power but the better ground on Sat will suit. Hopefully Curtis has her string right now. Hope Romford Pele runs well tomorrow
By:
Autocue
When: 10 Dec 15 19:00
I backed Generous Ransom for the PP thinking I had a very clever analytical edge. I'm now in the fool me once, more fool you, fool me twice, more fool me conundrum where Nick Gifford is concerned.
By:
tim6
When: 10 Dec 15 19:04
auto your not the only one was on generous ransom myself antepost thought
he deserved another chance after the PP oh the joys of it
By:
Autocue
When: 10 Dec 15 19:07
Just checked the card and he's not running so that's a relief. Probably has the same illness he had before the PP ExcitedWhoops
By:
dyno-layer
When: 10 Dec 15 19:31
Cheltenham / Fri 11 Dec
Going/Track  Soft, Good to soft in places (Chase and Hurdle) Good to soft (Cross country) (GoingStick: Chase and hurdle 6.9, Cross country 7.4 on Thursday at 16:00)
Updated @ 4:30pm, Thu 10 Dec Rails: Chase bends (except cross country) dolled out 12 yards adding 72 yards to race 2 and 144 yards to races 1 and 4. Hurdle bends dolled out 10 yards adding 60 yards to races 3 and 7 and 100 yards to race 6.
Updated @ 9:52am, Thu 10 Dec Weather 4mm of rain Thursday afternoon, dry Friday, early rain Saturday (2 to 3 mm).
Updated @ 4:30pm, Thu 10 Dec
By:
KipperRSA
When: 10 Dec 15 20:51
Not convinced on jockey bookings for mine.....Turn Over Sivola and Champagne West (will have saver on Annacotty)
By:
tim6
When: 11 Dec 15 01:17
can't get RJ taking village vic as think this race is between Champagne west and if fit Irish Cavalier two grade 1
performers if fit
By:
unclepuncle
When: 11 Dec 15 08:24
With Johnson surprisingly choosing Village Vic I've laid off my bet on Champagne West. I just don't fancy VV at all round Cheltenham so I can only assume CW is going to need the run - or they are putting nus all away to get a better price on CW.Laugh
Don't get me wrong Tom O'Brien is a perfectly good substitute and has won on CW before. If CW drifts out to a silly price tomorrow (say 16/1+) I might have a few quid on just in case.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 11 Dec 15 08:25
Happy to have got 4 places antepost with only 15 being declared - now come on AnnacottyExcited
By:
PJay
When: 11 Dec 15 14:02
The Romford Pele's run today wouldn't inspire much confidence in Irish Cavalier. I thought it quite worrying how rapidly his decline came about there.
By:
Desmond Orchard
When: 11 Dec 15 14:12
Romford's ultimate goal is th GN, so I doubt he would've been fully wound up today and they certainly wouldn't want a hike in the weights.
As for this race, if CWest is going to be half the horse he looked 12 months ago, then he should hose up, the defection of Dicky is an obvious worry though.
By:
PJay
When: 11 Dec 15 14:24
Were you watching it Desmond Orchard? It's not the fact that he didn't win. He was struggling 10 jumps out, just about made it over a couple of fences before almost inevitably falling 8 out. It may very well be that he had his own problems today (blood vessel etc) but it's not a great first run after a break for a stable who by their own admission have had issues. They have two more runners today at Bangor.
By:
betilyerded
When: 11 Dec 15 16:01
Venetia Williams does it again with another seemingly exposed horse - this time 11 yo Aachen - having just hosed up at Wincanton last week. Needless to say i didnt back it!

Does bode well for Tenor Nivernais' chances tomorrow who also dotted up last time.

Had a saver on Little Jon. Think the Paddy Power form is too incestuous and could pay to look elsewhere.
By:
pipedreamer
When: 11 Dec 15 16:37
Some stats,last 9 year old to win this was in 1993,last horse older that 9 to win,was in 1974.

6y old 3/10
                                          7 y old 4/10
                                          8 y old 2/10
                                          4 y old 1/10
                                          5 y old 0/10
Horses rated 142 or higher,7/8.8/10 finished in first 3 lto,9/10 ran between 1 and 3 runs since july 1st,8/10 had won between 2 to 4 chases,8/10 had run in 4 or less handicap chases,9/10 had won no more than 2 handicap chases.so there's about  11 good reasons to find the winner tomorrow.Good Luck all.
By:
Facts
When: 11 Dec 15 18:13
Champagne West for me.
By:
dunlaying
When: 11 Dec 15 18:23
Texas Jack looks to be sound e/w value at a general 25/1. This trip should suit him down to the ground and the handicapper has given him every chance. Misses a race at Navan where he looked to have an easier task.
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 11 Dec 15 20:53
Still really keen on Annacotty, main bet by far but got a good reserve as Bertyl mentions TENOR NINERVAIS... you really do get a run for your money with Venetia Williams... as I said before deja vu with Niceonefrankie ... dismiss at your peril.
Page 2 of 3  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com