Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HaylingBilly
14 Nov 13 21:04
| Topic/replies: 618 | Blogger: HaylingBilly's blog
Come on then. 7/7. Unbeaten. 7 different courses. Goes left handed. Goes right handed. Where does Willie send her for Cheltenham ? My money is on Champion Hurdle. Thoughts ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 115
By:
Arklearkle
When: 14 Nov 13 21:45
Only if no Fly. In the past he has said he would have sent Quevega to the CH if anything had happened to him.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 14 Nov 13 22:36
It's a big guessing game with Mullins. Might farm mares hurdles in Ireland all year, then be kept for Punchestown. Who knows. Looks very nice horse though.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 14 Nov 13 22:53
I hope he gives her every chance to show her true abilities, and doesn't shy from HF and Quevega.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 14 Nov 13 22:53
Not shy but keep away from
By:
buddeliea
When: 15 Nov 13 06:39
So do I, Churdle should be the target imo.
By:
jair1970
When: 17 Nov 13 23:50
Fascinating that JP McManus put her as his star selection in his ten to follow.

Word must be that she's some tool.
By:
sintonian
When: 18 Nov 13 15:37
In the TTF comp I do (200 entrants) more people have included her than MTOY which was a surprise.

Im amazed the owners of these good horses are dictated to by their trainers. No way would I want to annie Power to avoid HF if they believe she is Grade 1 class.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 18 Nov 13 15:43
All the other horses who are considered grade one class have avoided him. I am sure the Mullins yard are quite certain that he would beat her so why take him on. Its all the other owners/trainers in both UK and Ireland that are the real chickens.
By:
sintonian
When: 18 Nov 13 15:50
Don't believe that for a second. No reason to believe she couldn't give him a race granted usual progress. She is rated mid 150's now after 4 hurdle starts.
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 18 Nov 13 17:05
How right you are Sint, if only you were there to tell WM how to do his job properly
By:
RockMonkey
When: 18 Nov 13 17:51
We don't know of course but rather than Mullins knowing Hurricane would beat her he could avoid a clash for the opposite reason, ie because he actually fears her beating his stable star.
By:
buddeliea
When: 18 Nov 13 18:34
The owner would have her in the CH if he thought she was up to it,thats why I think she will be in it.
Wont matter what Mullins says,he cant afford to upset Mr and Mrs Ricci.
By:
Arklearkle
When: 18 Nov 13 20:23
Rock I reckon you are missing something. Both are Mullins' stable stars and he will run one or both in the champion hurdle but it is 100% certain that he will definitely run the one he believes has the best chance of winning.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 18 Nov 13 20:50
Ruby said on Racing UK today that when he spoke to WPM last week the intention was to enter Annie Power in the Ascot Hurdle on Saturday due to the favourable penalty structure - if that transpires she'll be taking on Zarkandar amongst others but race has been re-opened until tomorrow because there were only 7 entries.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 18 Nov 13 22:20
Could be good race then with potentially Zarkandar, At Fishers Cross and Annie Power crossing swords.
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 07:09
AFC waits for Newbury?

How right I am too Mr Michief. It's called possessing an imagination.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 19 Nov 13 11:35
entries for Ascot Hurdle:

Rolling Star
Zaidpour
Zarkandar
Melodic Rendezvous
Bygones of Brid
Magnifique Etoile
Annie Power

small field but could be a cracker though I thought Melodic Rendezvous was gonna wait for Fighting Fifth.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 19 Nov 13 13:49
tough assignment for annie power back off the lay off...we will see what she is really made of, if turning up...

this isn't a mares final against 130 horses... very surprised to see her dropped in against this class first time back as nicer mare as she looks, this looks very tough on her

we will certainly find out how good she is here imo...i have my doubts and also want to see her do it on better ground so questions will be answered moving forward with her for me anyway
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 14:04
Most of them are off a lay off so it's evens on that score and I doubt, if she is runner, she will lack for fitness given they'd have sent here over. She will receive 11lb from Zarkandar, though 7lb of that is the f&m allowance.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 19 Nov 13 14:15
so you don't think this is a tough race first time back sint?? considering the opposition she has faced back in ireland?

or i take it you think she is right up to the challenge??
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 14:22
A tough race in what sense Harry? Zark is coming off a lay off too, (though I don't see that as a problem for many horses if they have a good first time out record), but he has to concede penalties all round. Whoever wins is going to know they've had a race.

Rolling Star looked smart on his debut but blotted his copy book last time out. Is he up to winning?

Questions for all to answer.

I don't know if Annie Power is up to it, but she is 4/4 over hurdles and rated 150's, this is not far off Grade 1 class already. Clearly Zarkandar is the one to beat and should be favourite.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 19 Nov 13 14:33
a tough race in the context of the horses she has faced in ireland sint is what I mean...

she is clearly thought up to it and obviously gets all the allowances but I just thought she had plenty on here on what she has beaten/achieved in ireland and still has plenty to prove in that regard for me

i'm not knocking her just thought she had plenty on here on her first run against decent opposition... clearly you don't and think she is right up to the challenge, which is fair enough she certainly looks a nice mare

just need to see it against good company before i'm convinced...i will be if she wins saturday but think she has plenty to prove on the form book that is all
By:
SEATHESTARS....NO1
When: 19 Nov 13 14:41
IMHO for what its worth, Annie Power will run in the mares race at Cheltenham, talk of her being a champion hdl contender is utterly ridiculous. Is she of the same ownership as Quevega? I don't no this but why not have 2 running for you, after all, Quevega certainly is not getting any younger and for every year that she wins the mares race, she looks less and less convincing/impressive. Is Annie Power the next Quevega and could this be her first year? Maybe if Quevega was to win it again, be placed, then come back next year and win it, after all, Quevega will be 10 at the festival and 11 the year after!
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 14:51
Glen's Melody has boosted her form twice from her last race.

For me it's about the opposition she will face.

Clearly Zarkandar is the class act here, but then what about the rest. Rolling Star .. how good is he? Meldoic Rendevous is likely to run at Newcastle.

A lot of the hype about this horse has come from Connections themselves.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 19 Nov 13 15:01
fair comments tbf...

anyway i like her i'm not knocking her yet... for me she still has plenty to prove but taking on improving mares is difficult so it will be a watching brief for me and we will certainly have those questions answered saturday with everything in her favour with the allowances

except the ground which is still also an unknown with her
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 15:06
yep, all wins on Soft or Heavy so ground is a question mark.
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Nov 13 16:15
Don't see talk of her as a CH contender as ridiculous at all.
No one knows how good she is for one thing,or indeed how good she will be.

Really hope this aint another Quevega waiting to happen, as much as I admire her it has been bl00dy boring watching her win every year....imo of course.
By:
sintonian
When: 19 Nov 13 16:46
Don't mind watching her win, it's just having 2 races per season which narks. They should be a bit more ambitious imo.
By:
buddeliea
When: 19 Nov 13 16:53
yep,sure she could have achieved a lot more.....still shes had a good life!!
off to the races twice a year,bit of training and a lot of rest.
By:
sisyphus
When: 19 Nov 13 17:32
Annie is rated on her collateral form, if she was rated on her clock performances then she would look exceptionally well in receiving 11Lb.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 19 Nov 13 18:45
RACEGOERS at Ascot on Saturday could be in for an unexpected treat after Willie Mullins revealed he is seriously considering unleashing last season’s unbeaten novice Annie Power, the horse who “could be anything”, in the Grade 2 Coral Hurdle.

RELATED LINKS

Coral Hurdle card

After Annie Power’s name appeared on Tuesday among the seven entries for Saturday’s race, for which there were no additions when it was reopened on Monday, Mullins, who is enjoying a sensational run of form and saddled ten winners at the weekend, confirmed: “She was an original entry for the race when it closed and we’re happy with her and seriously considering running her.

“We have the Grade 1 Bar One Racing Hatton’s Grace Hurdle at Fairyhouse eight days later as an alternative target and we’ll decide in the next day or two.”

Annie Power, who won three bumpers last season before going hurdling, last ran at Fairyhouse in March when she won a Grade 1 mares’ novice hurdle by 12 lengths.

After that race Mullins let slip his affection for the mare, saying: “She’s starting to show you guys now what I always knew she was. She really could be anything.”

Mullins also has Zaidpour, owned like Annie Power by Susannah Ricci, in Saturday’s Ascot event as well as in the Hatton’s Grace Hurdle, which the seven-year-old won a year ago.

Ruby Walsh, writing in his column for Racing UK, said: “The penalty structure in the Ascot race appeals to Willie.

“The Grade 1 hurdle Annie Power won in March was a novice event, so she gets only a half-penalty and she’ll receive a mare’s allowance, which means she runs off only 10st 11lb. She pretty much has everything and is going the right way.”
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 19 Nov 13 20:17
She still has plenty to prove, but after just 4 hurdle races, she really could be anything.
Her ratings are not much below the top novices from last season, and she didn't run at Cheltenham to achieve the over blown ratings that are often handed out at that meeting.
The horse she beat the last time by 12 easy lengths won a grade one next time out and Defy Logic has also upheld the form.

I think she is a worthy challenger and could be a max bet at this early stage for the mares race at the Festival.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 19 Nov 13 20:30
Will surely stay home for first run, and a potentially easier option?
By:
Flemenstar
When: 19 Nov 13 23:27
Any prices yet? Hoping Rolling Star is overpriced after his last run

Geraghty reporting he is working well with MTOY and Sprinter Sacre SurprisedSurprised
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Nov 13 07:12
Easier option Joci? Hatton's Grace is likely to have Solwhit and she wouldn't receive an additional 4lb allowance in that race. This looks the easier of the two i'd say.

You only need to read connections comments to see it's not punters hyping her up when usually it is Cool
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Nov 13 13:39
C-Oral really are a disgusting firm. They go Evens AP and 11/8 Zark, about a race they sponsor.

3.65 on the other hand go 11/10 and 6/4.
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Nov 13 14:49
Mullins said: "It looks like we'll go to Ascot. She is well in herself and wherever we go we are going to meet something good so we think Ascot might be as good a starting point as any. The conditions of the race are also a good help as she only gets a half penalty."
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Nov 13 15:43
wpm sending annie power over on sat  , said  at start of season he will be sending challengers for the top english races wonder if he has the   the king george in mind  ,sir des champs ?
By:
tony2914
When: 20 Nov 13 15:43
Have taken the 11\10 on annie power.It looks a match between her and zarkander.I strongly fancy the mare with the weight concession, I can see her going odds on shortly. Any thoughts chaps ?
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com