Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 242 comments are related to the topic:
Coral Eclipse Stks.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 242
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 04 Jul 13 18:35

Jul 4, 2013 -- 1:26PM, Millerracing67 wrote:

Its going to be a tactical affair by all accounts, with no AOB pace maker, which is prob by design on there part with a top miler in DOW going for it.I would expect Mukhadram will set his own pace setting fractions from the front & then wined things up from the home turn, we shall see.

think the german horse is a bit underated here.

By:
morpteh mackem
When: 04 Jul 13 18:35
wots happened here ?Shocked
By:
sj
When: 04 Jul 13 18:39
declaration of war should have no trouble with 10f on turf.imo
By:
ElT
When: 04 Jul 13 19:12
12-1 on Pastorius is way too high. Ignore his last run, where he clearly didn´t run his race, and he won 6 of 8. In the losses he ran a good race behind Frankel, CDA, Nathaniel, Danedream and Ovambo Queen. The Baden-Baden race wasn´t even his optimum trip (too far). I don´t see a Frankel, Danedream, CDA or Nathaniel in this race. Would be shocked, if he didn´t trade much shorter.
By:
ElT
When: 04 Jul 13 19:15
4 of 6, not 6 of 8.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 04 Jul 13 19:22
not a great one for collateral form but Pastorius does have a bit to find on a line through Maxios.

The ground looks like being quicker than he's ever encountered before also.
By:
mac99
When: 04 Jul 13 19:40
If the  Baden Baden  form on good ground   offers  a more reliable  guide to  The chance of Pastorius  then   must agree   a big squeeze on the  current price is inevitable
By:
A_T
When: 04 Jul 13 20:42
Mars might make the running all form suggests it's nowhere near good enough to win this
By:
jair1970
When: 04 Jul 13 23:55
Pastorius is definitely the value here but i'd not be surprised to see them finish in a heap.
By:
Swagger
When: 05 Jul 13 10:00
I expect Declaration of War to make the pace for Mars (Septimus/Scorpion style re: Coronation Cup '07). With all his American dirt breeding Declaration of War was bred to act well and basically win at Ascot - Sandown is a different kettle of fish. We will find out if Mars has the ability of a Rip Van Winkle (in which case he wins) or an Aussie Rules (in which case he finishes 3rd or 4th). Chances are Al Kazeem will win by default before getting slammed against a proper Group 1 horse like Orfevre. Still, it will be interesting to see how much ability Mars possesses.
By:
Figgis
When: 05 Jul 13 10:07
I'm not really expecting Ballydoyle to make the running with any of theirs, at least not anything like a true pacemaker speed. I assume they'll take the view that if either of theirs are as good as they hope, they'll have too much finishing kick against this opposition at this trip.
By:
sj
When: 05 Jul 13 11:28
tbh i would be shocked if declaration of war made the running(but in this game i have been shocked many times)
By:
Millerracing67
When: 05 Jul 13 16:24
Will be gobsmacked if DOW (a hold up miler/10f horse) makes the running over what is a stiff 10f Shocked. Certain to be held up for a final furlong turn of speed imo.
By:
sintonian
When: 05 Jul 13 16:41
The Fugue has her optimum conditions tomorrow. She was unlucky in several of her races last season. It just depends whether she can do it against the boys.

When DOW got beat at Newbury it was lightening quick that day, and when he won at RA it was officially Good? Just a small query as to whether he will want it like a road as by the time we get to 3.50pm it might well be that quick. Blazing sunshine tomorrow.
By:
Figgis
When: 05 Jul 13 16:46
I think the Ascot CoC must've been reluctant to call it as it was on that first day, sint, the times point to good to firm ground, and I'd say on the fast side of that.
By:
twonky
When: 05 Jul 13 17:26
Thought DOW's stamina won him the race at Ascot, in what was a poor renewal.

I'd be more concerned for Al Kazeem regarding the going. Considering he had knee problems last season, 3rd group1 in 6 weeks on fast ground could be his undoing.
Can't have The Fugue against the colts? Overrated IMO, and being rated highly because of her win over Timepiece when getting weight in the Nassau

DOW's race to lose.
By:
dunlaying
When: 05 Jul 13 20:20
Al Kazeem has the winning habit, Pastorius is tempting but on his last run Mars will do for me.
I take on board what someone said about him finding trouble,(I have the same problem),however at 5/1 he must be worth one more chance.
By:
sintonian
When: 05 Jul 13 20:24
Fair point Figgis. I don't know if they are planning on watering tonight but it's going to be very quick by 3.50pm i'd say.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 05 Jul 13 20:30
Would imagine they will put some water on over night to keep the jar out of what is already g/f. If Ascot has not left its mark on the fav, & they don't go a crawl in the 1st part of the race 2moro, he is the one to beat, that stiff up hill finish will suit.
Like The Fugue for the place market, looks sure to come on for her gd 1st run & trip & ground is perfect for her.
Gd luck with your bets 2moro punters. Cool
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 06 Jul 13 02:13
Firm ground could be a potential issue for DOW...worst career performance in the Lockinge on it. Best performances have been with a bit of cut and on the synthetics especially fibresand...don't forget that Ascot ground was pretty well watered on the first day.
By:
pedrobob
When: 06 Jul 13 07:55
agree with Figgis' earlier comments, none of these anywhere near Group 1 standard on the clock.
At the odds, can only be interested in one horse - Pastorius.
The Maxios collateral form line when 6th in the Prince Of Wales' is tenuous (apparently sweated up beforehand), not a genuine Group 1 horse either, but he's much better than that.
The whole field ran 17-18 days ago at Royal Ascot, (bar Pastorius 48 days), all had a hard race and this will come plenty soon enough for a few of them.
Xenophobia making Pastorius 11/1, insulting as 12/1 was for Lisicki to beat Williams, should be third of those odds imo.
By:
mac99
When: 06 Jul 13 08:38
yep, no  genuine consideration of  the chance of Pastorius winning today can fail  to see that  that he is way over priced  ( as noted by others)  , Trainer says he  goes on any ground  on any   ground ,  wish R. Charlton would issue a similarly  favourable  bulletin on the FAV .
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Jul 13 10:36
I still can't see how Royal Ascot's first day can be considered anything slower than good to firm. O'Brien has also gone on record as saying the horse wants "fast ground". I'm sure they'd have been quick to use the ground as an excuse at Newbury if it was possible. I think that he didn't have as hard a race as some last time, as the pace wasn't too taxing and he only got a run late on. I also doubt they'd have made the decision to run him in this if he wasn't in peak condition. For me, if he doesn't win today there are no excuses.
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Jul 13 10:55
CoC is saying it could be GF,F in places by late afternoon. I've decided to have a win bet on The Fugue. She was really unlucky not to win in the Breeders Cup when the going was officially Firm, so at least we know she'll like it. 5/1 is fair with the sponsors, who, btw , are offering 1/3 odds a place, fyi.
By:
mac99
When: 06 Jul 13 11:43
The  top two French Tracks  are  right handed   so Pastorius  at a small advantage  having  O. Pellier up  , think he will wait for the  last possible moment to launch his   challenge , assuming he has something left after   nine furlongs , but colours to the Mast   going for the Fav
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 06 Jul 13 13:10
Mukhadram w/o the favourite and in the place market for me for reasons documented earlier

May not be the highest standard G1 ever but is very competitive and it's possible a genuine G1 star horse will emerge.

Good luck!
By:
Millerracing67
When: 06 Jul 13 14:58
Must keep the race imo, I hope Cool
By:
Millerracing67
When: 06 Jul 13 14:58
Must keep the race imo, I hope Cool
By:
mac99
When: 06 Jul 13 15:21
After the race  they tried to   get him to glug down water  , could hardly be bothered  , some Horse

May come back for King George  hope so
By:
Millerracing67
When: 06 Jul 13 15:33
Don't think the KG in the plan for him.
Ire Champ & then The Arc.
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Jul 13 17:00
Well done winners, no excuse for DOW, Al Kazeem clearly a tough horse.
By:
sj
When: 06 Jul 13 17:08
no quite happy with my run with DOW(at least he got to post.lol)
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Jul 13 17:13
Why, sj?
By:
Figgis
When: 06 Jul 13 17:14
Sorry, need my eyes testing, I read it as not quite happy Crazy
By:
sj
When: 06 Jul 13 17:17
lol probs figgis,wait till you get to my age.lol
By:
mac99
When: 06 Jul 13 19:08
DOW ran a terrific  race   and would not want to  take short odds about  AK  beating  him over  10  again on firm ... AK    imo   won in spite of  the ground today   , AK  really wants   good ground to  to excel
DOW    is a mighty danger to    DA  and Toranado  in the sussex  , should be a great race if he runs
By:
A_T
When: 06 Jul 13 20:33
winner should go to the KG while he's hot - things will have changed come the Autumn
By:
unclepuncle
When: 07 Jul 13 08:44
A solid enough performance by Al Kazeem but if that's all it takes to win an Eclipse I can't help feeling what a depressingly poor bunch of horses we have this year. Can't really believe Al Kazeem was rated 126 (before winning yesterday) that's higher than Sea The Stars was rated when he won the Eclipse. SNA is the best older horse imo yet is only rated 124 - personally I'd strongly fancy SNA to beat Al Kazeem on a left handed track over 10f+.

Even the sprinters look as though they will just take it in turns to beat each other in the big races.

The 3 year old 10f+ horses look utterly dire with the possible exception of Intello - though he seems to be being aimed at the big mile races (prepping for the Jaques Le Marois today) rather than being aimed at the Arc.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 07 Jul 13 08:58
It was his 3rd group 1 win in a row, Uncle, and he's had some good horses behind him this year. If you just
read his form for this season you'd have to admit that he looks a good horse... and yet there's something about
those wins that fails to set the world alight. I think what you say about SNA is right, but don't be too
surprised if AK manages to thrash out a last-gasp win. Some horses just do the business without ever being inspiring.
By:
Figgis
When: 07 Jul 13 11:07
I'm surprised they're going the mile route with Intello. I said I think he's the best middle distance 3yo I've seen this year but he has no chance against an on form Dawn Approach.
Page 2 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com