Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Millerracing67
20 Jun 13 15:49
| Topic/replies: 3,217 | Blogger: Millerracing67's blog
The 1st Big all age G1 clash over here is just over 3wks away.
Would be very interested in Farhh if he is going to be ready for it?
Any reports on his wellbeing??

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 242
By:
TheDoc
When: 20 Jun 13 17:15
Think Farhh has been ruled out until later in the season. Difficult to tell what is going for the race at the moment but I wouldn't be willing to take current prices on any of the runners who are under 10/1.
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 20 Jun 13 18:05
Might be the race where Mars finally shines....
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 20 Jun 13 18:22
Telescope?, would be in at the deep end so probably not.

Mukhadram?, race might come too soon.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 21 Jun 13 19:36
There's a huge disconnect between the bookies' prices and the exchange prices. Al Kazeem seems to be an assumed
non-runner here.
By:
JOCI Club
When: 21 Jun 13 22:51
Kingsbarns?
By:
JOCI Club
When: 21 Jun 13 22:57
Not entered. Sad
By:
sintonian
When: 22 Jun 13 00:19
The Fugue looks the obvious one to me at this stage.
By:
brigust1
When: 23 Jun 13 21:15
It may be a longshot but I think Camelot could turn up with cheekpieces or blinkers. AOB won't wait for the King George because he already has St Nic and Ruler of the World as possibles for that. So where can Camelot go? Apparently he never exerted himself the other day going from on the bridle to nothing and AOB said it may be time to get serious with him. I can see them acting sooner rather than later as long as they don't find something wrong with him.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 23 Jun 13 21:28
market looks all over the place to me, not sure any of the top six will turn up.

If forced to have a bet now, I'd probably go for Mukhadram but my enthusiasm for him is a little tempered by the hard race he had the other day.

It must be in Haggas's mind that this is likely to be the best chance the horse will have to win a good Group One.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Jun 13 21:36
Unless Al Kazeem runs (not sure what has been said by Roger Charlton - are they waiting for King George?) then O'Brien looks to hold the key and Mars looks the most obvious one to me - trip should be perfect for him. Camelots form from last year is weak (just look at Main Sequence today) and St Nic is much better left handed and over 1m4f.

I'd be tempted to lump on Mars at 7/1 but the only worry is that the only sizeable bet on Betfairs market is someone trying to lay £255 on him - do they know he's not running? I'd even give Battle Of Marengo a look if they choose to run him instead - again trip and course should be ideal.

I'm assuming Snow Fairy won't be turning up but if she does and is in top form she is different gravy to the rest including Al Kazeem.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 23 Jun 13 22:11
Snow Fairy is a good shout if she's ready - they'll need to get a race into her.
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Jun 13 10:26
Mukhadram runs according to Haggas.
By:
sj
When: 24 Jun 13 10:38
any chance Declaration Of War turning up?
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 24 Jun 13 15:04
To me Mars looks like a horse which could find trouble in a empty room, I certainly don't agree that 1m2f is exactly his trip as the RP seem to think. I am sure he would be well backed but whether he is truely top class or not I have my doubts.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 24 Jun 13 19:57
Al Kazeem has been confirmed as a runner according to ATR this evening.
By:
mightymoyes
When: 24 Jun 13 21:04
eclipse, irish champion then the arc.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 25 Jun 13 08:56
Al Kazeem will definitely be hard to beat but his presence will at least mean decent prices on all the others - I'll now wait until running plans are much clearer.
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 25 Jun 13 10:44
I had a close look at this market yesterday and the only one of the first 12 apart from Al Kazeem I could see running was Mars and then Mukhadram. The fugue I think will go for a same sex race next, DA is heading for either the sussex or France, Snow fairy wont run, Decleration of War personally i think will go for something else, Camelot to soon, Farhh injured, magician wont run, Toronado wont run. Again where are the runners for this race.

Al Kazeem could start a lot shorter than 7/4.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 25 Jun 13 10:52
^ Mars @ 8/1 each way 1/4 1,2,3 with Corals would be very tempting if I only knew he was a deffo runner.Cry
By:
sintonian
When: 26 Jun 13 13:00
They compared Mars to Rip Van Winkle last week so there must be a chance he'll run. Personally I couldn't back him given he has still only won a maiden, despite his top class form.

John Gosden said yesterday The Fugue will run I believe.
By:
tyronesam
When: 27 Jun 13 13:11
really like the fugue here but did not read gosdens comments Sint !! where didu hear that ,thanks...think 5s stonking ew
By:
sintonian
When: 29 Jun 13 13:08
I read it on twitter so hard to clarify where they were from tbh
By:
turnip turns
When: 01 Jul 13 11:38
Andrew Cooper ‏@ACooperClerk 8m
8 remain in Saturday's @Coral-Eclipse @Sandownpark - Al Kazeem, Declaration of War,Miblish, Mukhadram, Pastorius, The Fugue, Camelot &  Mars
By:
sintonian
When: 02 Jul 13 13:18
DOW .. nearly took the 20/1 about him for this race after his Lockinge flop .. Plain
By:
Millerracing67
When: 02 Jul 13 14:03
He would be a very interesting runner. Still a 12.0 on here tho??? Mischief
Very surprised to see Camelot still in the race, as he seems not to be finishing off his races this season, thought they would be giving him more time to get over his colic op problems myself, either that or call it a day with him?
Hope the rain stays away & we get gd fast ground come Sat.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 02 Jul 13 16:32
I think Mukhadram is a big price, given the discrepancy in prices with Al Kazeem and The Fugue based on their performance in POW. I get the school of thought that he got a soft lead at Ascot and I did think Al Kazeem was always getting there, however I think Mukhadram could still be on the upgrade.

Will wait until w/e now as none of the bookies are going three places.
By:
A_T
When: 02 Jul 13 18:02
Would surely be a surprise if both Camelot and DoW run. I would love to see Camelot win it (can't see it though) - more likely he will be retired before Saturday as we know Ballydoyle declarations mean nothing.
By:
Graeme83
When: 03 Jul 13 13:19
Camelot isn't running...so no suprise. Declarationn of war is a 'strong possibility'...and mars is 'likely' according tp RP twitter.
By:
Graeme83
When: 03 Jul 13 13:29
The Coolmore site puts it in more Irish terms. They say that Mars is probable, and that DOW is also possible. FFS.Plain
By:
A_T
When: 03 Jul 13 21:19
Be nice if Coolmore gave something back to the game for once instead of these stupid games  - their stallions would be worthless without the millions of punters.
By:
sj
When: 04 Jul 13 05:30
sj 24 Jun 13 11:38 Joined: 16 Nov 02 | Topic/replies: 14,633 | Blogger: sj's blog                         24 jun 13 11:38
any chance Declaration Of War turning up?

well at least i got a 'possibly' turns up from Coolmoore.lol
By:
turnip turns
When: 04 Jul 13 09:18
Bill Esdaile ‏@BillEsdaile 2m
Declaration Of War one of 7 declared for Saturday's #CoralEclipse - ridden by Joseph, only absentee is Camelot
By:
turnip turns
When: 04 Jul 13 09:22
Racing Post ‏@RacingPost 38s
Joseph O’Brien rides Declaration Of War and Ryan Moore partners Mars
By:
Graeme83
When: 04 Jul 13 10:44
I doubt JOBrien could even do the 8-10 on Mars
By:
unclepuncle
When: 04 Jul 13 14:02
Happy that Ryan Moore is on Mars.Cool
By:
Figgis
When: 04 Jul 13 16:56
The unusual thing about this year's Eclipse is not one of the runners has recorded a Gp1 time, imo. I know some have said the Prince of Wales's was a good time but I just don't see it, it was only around Gp3, for me, and in this case I do believe it's a reflection of the (lack of) quality of the runners, rather than how the race was run, it was a poor Gp1. I reckon Al Kazeem's best run was in the Tattersalls. After that race I thought there was a possibility he could improve again on that but I wasn't very impressed at Ascot, where he made hard work of cutting down Mukhadram. Regardless of the poor times, I don't think the form of those Gp1s amounts to a great deal, beating Camelot, a horse that hasn't gone on this year, and Mukhadram, who simply isn't a proper Gp1 horse.

I can't have The Fugue, as I said I believe the POW was a poor race and I've never seen anything from her to make me believe she can cut it against colts. Mars comes into the reckoning on his SJP run with the wfa allowance here, but I can't back him. He's been a bit disappointing based on his promising debut last year, he's still open to more improvement but before I'd back him I'd like to see him getting involved at the business end of a race instead of just running on past beaten horses.

I was critical of Ballydoyle's judgement immediately after DOW's performance in the Lockinge, but he proved in the Queen Anne that he was well below par that day. The bare form is nothing special, Gp3/low Gp2 at best, and 1lb lower than Al Kazeem's highest. However, I was pretty impressed with how he travelled during the race and his finish after suffering trouble in running. Without the trouble in running I think he probably would've run only a couple of pounds higher but the pace of that race only stepped up around halfway, I think there's a big chance he'd be even better off a faster pace. It was also noticeable that Ballydoyle ran a pacemaker in the Lockinge, making me think that he must've been clocking some fast times at home. He was backed like a superstar there, I don't know about that, but I think he's probably a bit better than he's shown so far and he won't need to be a superstar to beat this lot.
By:
mac99
When: 04 Jul 13 17:21
Last year on soft  ground  it was all pretty straightforward ,   you were either with   Fahaar  or Nathaniel ....much trickier  this time round   , no idea of who might be second  if   the fav wins
but  this heavyweight  5yo   is well suited to  this  Track with   it's  uphill  finnish  .If i do oppose the fav on the day  ( not Likely)   then a saver on him  to get  my money back   is certain  , gl
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 04 Jul 13 17:30
no Ballydoyle pacemaker here presumably at least partly on the assumption that Mukhadram will attempt to make all again.

Haggas was n't born yesterday - I wonder if they might try something different.

He's still my pick at the prices but it looks very trappy, only Miblish can be totally discounted.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 04 Jul 13 18:26
Its going to be a tactical affair by all accounts, with no AOB pace maker, which is prob by design on there part with a top miler in DOW going for it.
I would expect Mukhadram will set his own pace setting fractions from the front & then wined things up from the home turn, we shall see.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com