Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
maam8mandingo
22 Nov 12 11:46
| Topic/replies: 135 | Blogger: maam8mandingo's blog
Fancy Becauseicouldntsee for the big race but not sure if he is likely to get into the race. any announcement on the weights anywhere?  thoughts lads?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 225
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 22 Nov 12 12:00
Racing Post site has the weights.
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 22 Nov 12 12:10
Where abouts are they mate?
By:
roobuck
When: 22 Nov 12 12:12
soul as mentioned on liam's thread, aren't these just the entries with their official marks - not sure the weights are actually released yet?
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 22 Nov 12 12:17
I cant see any official weights. whats the likelihood that becauseicouldntsee will get in?
By:
roobuck
When: 22 Nov 12 12:26
he'll get in easily
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 22 Nov 12 12:30
hopefully! what you make of his chances though?  snapped up the 20s at hills
By:
roobuck
When: 22 Nov 12 12:36
Can see him running well but personally think he'll be outstayed
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 22 Nov 12 12:40
I dont think the trip will pose a problem. ran well at cheltenham over the marathon trip and the trainer keeps entering him for the national. just think the ground could prove the biggest problem
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 22 Nov 12 13:28
Yes, sorry, roobuck is correct.
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 22 Nov 12 14:37
had a good look at this earlier i have a shortlist of three michel le bon but hope he misses the hennessy alfie spinner and viking blond who badly disappointed in this last year but who i thought ran a cracker last saturday if he gets into the same rhythm would take some passing
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 22 Nov 12 17:28
i think Michel le bon will run in the hennessy, think he is a good type. looks a very open welsh national this year, many with chances
By:
booster
When: 23 Nov 12 08:06
I'll stick with Le Beau Bai after last year's win. He's a good bit higher but won a handicap hurdle at Fos Llas last time from a 7lb lower mark than his chase rating and is the perfect horse for a slog round here. There won't be many that can keep galloping up the straight with him and looks an each way banker.
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Nov 12 09:13
Agreed and even with the extra 7 he'll still likely have a lovely racing weight.

He clearly will be aimed at the race. T43 however is going to be hard to beat however with proven course, going form and stamina.
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 09:23
yes i agree roo but he's priced accordingly would definitely think he would have another run before as he faded quickly last week
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Nov 12 09:46
I assume you mean T43? He may well need another race and if so I would assume post weights.

Not my type of price but is specifically being trained for the race so fair to assume she'll get him there in prime condition.
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 12:08
it doesnt matter now whether its post weights he would just receive a 4lb penalty for any win
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Nov 12 12:14
This came up yesterday by07. So if the weights aren't issued, and he ran and won tomorrow - hypothetical I know - he would only be assessed £4 above his current mark?
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 13:57
yes if they win 2 races before they get 7lb in total
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Nov 12 16:40
So why haven't they released the weights then? It doesn't make any sense to me.

If Cannington Brook wins the Betfair tomorrow, he'll get far more than 4lb on his official mark. But only 4 will be added in the context of this race when they frame the weights?

Do you know when this is?
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 17:57
sorry roo thought i had seen entries in one of this weeks racing posts but cant find it
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 18:07
found it yesterdays post but its after nov 25th so if anything won sat or sun they would be re-assessed
By:
roobuck
When: 23 Nov 12 18:08
Oh OK. The entries are out ( Big Race entries on RP.com ), but the weights aren't - similar to Hennessy so I am guessing they'll be in a couple of weeks
By:
boy wonder 07
When: 23 Nov 12 18:12
yes
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Nov 12 10:32
Viking Blond went into lots of peoples notebook after his recent run but he had already had a prep over hurdles prior. He looked like winning 2 from home but im not sure he truly stayed the trip and it's further to go back in Wales.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 24 Nov 12 17:51
Not original, apologies. Perfect horse/race combination. I keep going back to that run over the course last December, when he beat Restless Harry. The recent pipe-opener resulted in a 2lb drop, 'horse management' at its best! In Rebecca we trust. Hopefully AP'll be on top.

1pt Teaforthree @ 8/1
By:
easygame
When: 26 Nov 12 19:46
Le beau bai. If T43 runs in Hennessay, it will take two months to recover, last 10 winners of Welsh National either were course winners or had never raced there before.  V Blond a shocker last year. 14s WH huge abot the pride of Lee yard.
By:
Moose
When: 26 Nov 12 20:19
The decision to run Teaforthree in the Hennessey would be baffling. Connections have stated his main aim is the WN. Surely a slog round Newbury 4 weeks before would seriously hinder his chances?Sad
By:
maam8mandingo
When: 26 Nov 12 21:59
Becauseicouldntsee has been nibbled in the market. I wonder why...
By:
duncan idaho
When: 29 Nov 12 10:49
He (Viking Blond) looked like winning 2 from home but im not sure he truly stayed the trip

think the horse stays all day....just keeps getting involved in setting a stronger pace than ideal (both starts this season at least)
By:
forgotmyusername
When: 02 Dec 12 20:45
Have had a look at this race and feel that the weights could take a huge rise and those that think their hopes look good around the 10st mark could end up shouldering well over 11st. I know it sounds silly but am looking at Incentivise at the bottom of the list. Miles out of weights at present but that could all change, loves soft, stays and has fine course record. Think unlike the Hennessy, this could end up a real slog.
By:
Flemenstar
When: 02 Dec 12 21:25
I'm gutted Bradley is as short as 10s, had him earmarked pre-season as one for the various Nationals and marathons (although later in the season really, pleasantly surprised how he has performed already this season)

He deserves a big day out and is an out and out stayer. Not sure what we can take from Teaforthree's run in the race Monbeg Dude eventually stole from Bradley but I think Bradley is arguably the best stayer in the field, whatever the ground

Would be worried about Tidal Bay even getting the best part of 2 stone from him Laugh and Raz de Maree is another dark horse
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Dec 12 09:40
Will they change it then Duncan? Certainly did not look like he wanted another 3furlongs based on the Cheltenham run and it is likely to be very soft at Chepstow.

He might be a bit like Giles Cross, gets an extended 3m, but when it's 4m the last few furlongs really tell.
By:
booster
When: 03 Dec 12 11:24
Quartz De Thaix has looked impressive in 2 soft ground left hand track 3 mile chass this Autumn. Looked to be getting outpaced at Haydock then stayed on like he had a lot more to give in a race which is usually strong and second was a gambled on favourite so form looks decent enough. Could just have enough up his sleeve from an 8lb highe mark.
By:
saxon farm
When: 11 Dec 12 00:43
A shame, but I doubt we'll see Join Together in this race!
By:
BJG
When: 12 Dec 12 11:06
Tidal Bay (IRE) (Andrea & Graham Wylie) Paul Nicholls.......................................... 11 11 12
Hey Big Spender (IRE) (Brocade Racing) Colin Tizzard .......................................... 9 11 3
Across The Bay (IRE) (Scotch Piper Syndicate) Donald McCain.......................... 8 10 13
Raz de Maree (FR) (James J. Swan) D. T. Hughes, Ireland...................................... 7 10 8
Uncle Junior (IRE) (Mrs M. McMahon) W. P. Mullins, Ireland................................. 11 10 8
Hold On Julio (IRE) (Mr & Mrs F Bell,N Farrell, A Marsh) Alan King ................ 9 10 8
Quartz de Thaix (FR) (ROA Arkle Partnership) Venetia Williams........................ 8 10 7
Cappa Bleu (IRE) (Mr & Mrs William Rucker) Evan Williams................................. 10 10 6
Cannington Brook (IRE) (Mrs Sara Biggins & Mrs Celia Djivanovic)
Colin Tizzard.......................................................................................................................... 8 10 5
Becauseicouldntsee (IRE) (Mr Noel Glynn) Noel Glynn, Ireland ........................ 9 10 5
Giles Cross (IRE) (Mrs Kay Birchenhough) Victor Dartnall...................................... 10 10 4
Teaforthree (IRE) (T437) Rebecca Curtis ....................................................................... 8 10 4
Michel Le Bon (FR) (Mr C. G. Roach) Paul Nicholls.................................................. 9 10 4
Le Beau Bai (FR) (Glass Half Full) Richard Lee ............................................................ 9 9 13
Soll (Mr Derrick Mossop) Jo Hughes................................................................................... 7 9 13
Universal Soldier (IRE) (Lindie Donaldson & Regan King) Charlie Longsdon. 7 9 12
Bradley (Mr J. C. Collett) Fergal O’Brien......................................................................... 8 9 12
Alfie Spinner (IRE) (Alan Beard & Brian Beard) Nick Williams ............................. 7 9 12
Katenko (FR) (Mr A. Brooks) Venetia Williams............................................................. 6 9 10
Roalco de Farges (FR) (The Brushmakers) Philip Hobbs......................................... 7 9 10
Royal Charm (FR) (Mrs Angela Tincknell & Mr W. Tincknell) Paul Nicholls .... 7 9 9
Railway Dillon (IRE) (Johnson, Maxwell & Purcell) Donald McCain.................... 7 9 8
Any Currency (IRE) (Cash Is King) Martin Keighley................................................... 9 9 8
Quentin Collonges (FR) (Neville Statham & Family) Henry Daly......................... 8 9 8
Viking Blond (FR) (Mrs Caroline Mould) Nigel Twiston-Davies ............................ 7 9 8
Major Malarkey (IRE) (Baker Dodd & Cooke) Nigel Twiston-Davies................ 9 9 7
Jadanli (IRE) (Mr E. Gilligan) Paul John Gilligan, Ireland............................................. 10 9 6
Mon Mome (FR) (Mrs Vida Bingham) Venetia Williams............................................. 12 9 6
Triggerman (Mr M. G. St Quinton) Philip Hobbs ......................................................... 10 9 4
Wyck Hill (IRE) (SAB Partnership) David Bridgwater................................................. 8 9 3
Monbeg Dude (IRE) (Oydunow) Michael Scudamore................................................ 7 9 2
Harouet (FR) (Egan Waste & Karen Bowen) Peter Bowen ..................................... 7 9 2
Our Island (IRE) (Oceans Racing) Tim Vaughan ........................................................... 7 8 13
Only Witness (IRE) (Arkle Bar Partnership & Mr R Stanley) Brendan Powell. 7 8 13
Lie Forrit (IRE) (Mr JW McNeill Mr C McNeill Ms L Gillies) William Amos .... 8 8 12
Sona Sasta (IRE) (Mr R. S. Brookhouse) David Pipe ................................................. 9 8 11
Bescot Springs (IRE) (Mrs Jo Tracey) Lucinda Russell............................................... 7 8 11
Cool Operator (The Gathering & Alderclad) Philip Kirby......................................... 9 8 8
Mark The Book (IRE) (Mr D. Allen) Ben Case............................................................ 11 8 8
Nenuphar Collonges (FR) (Mr Richard Prince) Liam Corcoran ........................... 11 8 8
Incentivise (IRE) (Ron Bartlett, F J Ayres & Jeff Hulston) Richard Lee............... 9 8 7
Arbor Supreme (IRE) (Mr John P. McManus) Jonjo O’Neill.................................... 10 7 12
By:
Fabulous
When: 12 Dec 12 11:10
Thanks BJG, been waiting for this, and even better, they're still there. Happy
By:
BJG
When: 12 Dec 12 11:14
Weights gonna go up by 9lbs with Tidal goin to Ire
By:
Fabulous
When: 12 Dec 12 11:23
Even better Cool
By:
sintonian
When: 16 Dec 12 10:39
The Devon trainer had to shut up shop due to an outbreak of equine herpes last month, but the stable is back up and running.

All roads lead to Chepstow on December 27 for Giles Cross as the 10-year-old attempts to go one better than last year.

Profiles

V R A Dartnall
    Giles Cross (IRE)

After beating all bar Le Beau Bai last Christmas, Giles Cross put up a career best performance to claim the scalp of subsequent Aintree hero Neptune Collonges in the Betfred Grand National Trial at Haydock in February.

He could not repeat that display on the big day itself and was pulled up.

However, Dartnall reports Giles Cross to be in fine shape for another crack at the Welsh National.

"He's in great form and he's on course for the Welsh National," he said.

"He should get his conditions if it carries on like this. It would be ideal.

"If it's been heavy at Cheltenham this weekend then it's sure to heavy to Chepstow.

"It would be a great way to end the year."
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com