Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
05 May 12 14:32
| Topic/replies: 29,479 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Shocked

Blue Square make Camelot, winner of the 2,000 Guineas, 5-4 to copy Sea The Stars and win the Derby. He is 6-4 with Coral

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 132
By:
teflontom
When: 05 May 12 14:35
Nailed on!!!
By:
Try My Best
When: 05 May 12 14:48
Will start 8/11
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 05 May 12 14:59
Looks bombproof to me

Hermival + French Fifteen will prove to be class horses, and Camelot did it a shade cosily in the end over a trip too short for his best
By:
A_T
When: 05 May 12 14:59
Nice to know so early on which is Ballydoyle's Derby horse
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 05 May 12 15:15
CAMELOT

Lad 5/4

WH 4/5

PP Evs

Bl Sq 5/4

Sporting 11/10

SkyB Evs

VC 4/5
By:
cryoftruth
When: 05 May 12 15:15
He seems very likely not just to stay on pedigree, but improve for the step up in trip.

This would make him hard to beat.

Not sure I would want to go mad at 6/4 or shorter just now though. Given the way the bookies compete for headlines, one at least may well go shorter on Derby day morning than he is now. There is of course the possibility that he won't get to Epsom for one reason or another too.

Only slight doubt for me would be his jockey's inexperience at Epsom. A large field there and a touch of over confidence, a bit of bad luck in running...

I would like him to win the Derby and them meet Frankel at York in the international. The we would find out how good he is.
By:
mightymoyes
When: 05 May 12 15:32
at least joseph will get 2 rides around it the day before. how many times has he rode epsom?
By:
A_T
When: 05 May 12 15:58
too short to back at this stage when we don't know what the Derby trials will throw up
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 05 May 12 17:42
Press Association

Frankel's full-brother Noble Mission did his Classic prospects no harm with a gutsy display to take the Qatar Racing Newmarket Stakes at Newmarket.

Tom Queally had nowhere to go at one stage on the hooded 7-4 favourite in what developed into a tactical five-horse affair.

Despite being temporarily trapped in a pocket, the Sir Henry Cecil-trained colt quickened eyecatchingly when the gap appeared and got up to defeat Mariner's Cross by a neck.

Cecil said: "I think he did well to win. It was a funny race. They crawled and then sprinted at the end, but he's a horse that's learning and will improve.

"He'll need another race before we decide where we go. He's in the Dante (at York) and there's a race back here at Newmarket which fits in well, timing wise.

"I think he needs a race to bring him to the boil before we think he might be a Derby horse or an Ascot horse.

"The hood he wears makes things quieter for him as he can pull, but he is learning to settle very well. It will be removed at some stage in the future."

Ladbrokes trimmed Noble Mission to 25-1 from 33-1 for the Derby
By:
Jack Bauer '24'
When: 05 May 12 17:50
Camelot was always a Derby horse rather than a Guineas horse, imo. The fact he was able to win the Guineas today, cruising through the field shows he is a very high class colt.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 05 May 12 17:59
Given how close French Fifteen got today I'm still hopeful that my antepost fancy Bonfire may be able to give Camelot some sort of race.
Thinks he's due out at Chester next week so I won't have to wait long to find out if he's the real deal.
By:
Graeme83
When: 05 May 12 18:10
I'd prefer the price of Parish Hall if he turned up. However given that the ground wasn't soft and he never even showed up, and that Teofilo didn't run as a 3y/o, you'd have to wonder if he has trained on.
By:
Baxta
When: 05 May 12 18:17
I bet WH regret pricing Camelot up @ 50/1 to win the Derby, for a week, last year. I managed to get £20 on at that price, now hopeful it'll pay for my summer holidays this year!
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 05 May 12 19:05
Lay off 400 @ 5/4 and enjoy the holiday Happy
By:
Graeme83
When: 05 May 12 19:10
Hold yer nerve and go to Spain. Lay it off as AD suggests and go to Skegness. The choice is yours.
By:
zilzal1
When: 05 May 12 19:41
For every Nijinsky,Nashwan and Sea The Stars there are three Entrepeneur's, Golan's, El Gran Senors, Cape Verdi's, Pennekamps, Mister Baileys, Wollows, Nonaloco's, Lomond's, Doyoun's, Mystiko's, Rodrigo de Triano's, Refuse To Bend's, King Of Kings and of course Dancing Brave

He may well win the Derby and those above of course have no bearing on this years race, but before you bet, no matter what the breeding, would you take 6/4 on a horse thats only won over a mile over 12f next time out??
By:
Millerracing67
When: 05 May 12 19:57
Good job am on anti-p at 16s ew with Hills & 17.5 win, 4.5 pl on here then. He does look the real deal.
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 May 12 20:17
im a layer, im telling you now, WONT STAY .  you can allLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh  , but ill have the last  Laugh
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 May 12 20:18
im a layer, im telling you now, WONT STAY .  you can allLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh  , but ill have the last  Laugh
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 May 12 20:19
ps well done all who have great odds ,
By:
tinkler
When: 05 May 12 22:08
Well balanced ,athletic , long striding ,turn of foot and judging by todays victory on testing ground
plenty of stamina. Possibly  the perfect horse for Epsom and I cann't see too many keen on running
against him at Epsom. You can never be sure and maybe he won't stay but I doubt i'll oppose him ,though
I don't think there's enough juice in his price to bet on him.
By:
kincsem
When: 06 May 12 03:42
He only won by a neck.  No chance. Happy

I said he couldn't win the Guineas, and I was nearly right. Devil
By:
Fallen Angel
When: 06 May 12 07:22
Really good performance from Camelot and be interesting which stable mates head to Epsom with him. I had Imperial Monarch penciled in for one spot and was hoping Ernest Hemingway might be the other as I have backed him AP Confused. Pedigree suggests Camelot will improve, only slight concern would be the going which was clearly on the soft side of good to soft yesterday looking at the times. Good ground at Epsom might throw up an odd result but that Camelot managed to basically outstay his rivals on a testing surface suggests the distance will play to his strength. Only a month and we will find out Cool
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 06 May 12 11:37
http://betfred.chromaagency.com

Marcus Tregoning's exciting colt Cavaleiro is likely to start off his season in the Betfred Derby Trial at Lingfield on Saturday.

The three-year-old is a son of Tregoning's Epsom Derby hero Sir Percy and while the trainer is refusing to get carried away, Cavaleiro could yet make up into an Epsom candidate himself, as following three consecutive placed efforts, the colt ended his juvenile season with back-to-back victories at Chepstow and Newbury.

The handler said: "He's had a great winter and we've had a really pleasing run with him. The first option for him is the Lingfield Derby Trial. Hopefully we get a bit of drying weather as I wouldn't want to run him in testing conditions on his first run of the year."

He added: "The Cocked Hat Stakes at Goodwood would be the other possible target for him, but we'll just see what's happening with the ground and everything nearer the time. We won the Lingfield race with Aqaleem a few years ago and this horse might be similar to him.

"Being by Sir Percy, it would obviously be great if things worked out well."
By:
penzance
When: 06 May 12 19:37
Anyone got any news of an O'brien horse called Apollo.
cheers.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 06 May 12 21:14
Kesampour stays on track in messy Greffulhe

By Scott Burton racingpost.com

Saint-Cloud: Prix Greffulhe (Group 2) 1m2f, 3yo colts & fillies

KESAMPOUR (Mikel Delzangles/Christophe Lemaire) preserved his 100 per cent record with a workman-like success in a muddling renewal.

The Aga Khan's Investec Derby entry came to claim the race inside the final two furlongs as pacemaker Shalamzar gave way.

Although pressed by first Eldandy and then the running-on Albion, he was always just holding the challengers at bay, scoring by a head.

"It wasn't a bad run, he repelled the challenge of the others and answered Christophe [Lemaire] when he asked for an effort," said racing manager Georges Rimaud. "It wasn't easy, he pulled a bit early on but he stayed well. He's beaten some good horses."

Bookmakers weren't in a rush to cut the son of King's Best for Epsom, with Totesport and BetVictor among those who kept the winner unchanged at 20-1, although **** were more impressed and offered a quote of 14-1.

While the owner was on hand to see Kesampour in action, with Delzangles absent Rimaud wouldn't commit to future plans
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 06 May 12 21:20
Penzance he's (Apollo) running next Sunday in the Derristown at the Curragh
By:
Graeme83
When: 06 May 12 21:25
They don't mind throwing alot of horses in a race if they're trying to beat someone elses horse. I just wonder as a matter of question whether they would throw anything in the race that could beat Camelot. If the derby is as weak as last year then would it make sense for them to have their guineas winner ? This is a question btw.
By:
Graeme83
When: 06 May 12 21:26
have their guineas winner beaten that should have read !
By:
penzance
When: 06 May 12 23:27
tx AD.
By:
elisjohn
When: 07 May 12 06:58
id love camelot to win the derby, triple crown everything, IF he was trained anywhere than by obrien, now i just watch races hoping their horses lose, ps ive nothing at all against their jockeys, staff etc, its just i detest the way the top men run the show .
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 07 May 12 11:48
Camelot won’t run again before Derby

Monday, May 07, 2012

Trainer Aidan O’Brien said 2000 Guineas hero Camelot will not run before a likely assault at the Investec Derby next month.

The unbeaten colt defied negative vibes about his ability to handle the demanding conditions at Newmarket on Saturday with a stylish neck defeat of French Fifteen in the first Classic of the season.

Ballydoyle’s inmate is now poised to compete in the blue riband of the Flat campaign at Epsom on June 2.

O’Brien said yesterday: "He was back home in his box at Ballydoyle by 9.30pm on Saturday evening.

"He had a walk out this morning and had a pick of grass, and he seems absolutely fine.

"He has a very good mind for a Montjeu and has coped with it all very well.

"The Derby is the obvious target and if all goes well he goes to Epsom. He won’t have another run beforehand."

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/racing/camelot-wont-run-again-before-derby-192984.html#ixzz1uBRzbZYP
By:
Ramruma
When: 07 May 12 13:12
Noble Mission, anyone? Tractable while he sat and suffered when boxed in, then a fine turn of foot once he saw daylight.

The trouble is, we still have no evidence Noble Mission possesses the basic speed to win a Classic, such was the farcical pace.

Meanwhile, Kesampour held off all challengers in the Prix Greffulhe but it looked like hard work for a Derby prospect.
By:
Ramruma
When: 07 May 12 15:14
Noble Mission ran the fastest final furlong on Guineas day.
http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/timeform-debate/simon-rowlands/sectional-debrief-newmarket-saturday-may-5-2012-070512-43.html
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 08 May 12 12:18
Cavaleiro, a son of 2006 Epsom hero Sir Percy, bids to book his place in the premier Classic when he lines up for the Betfred Derby Trial at Lingfield on Saturday.
http://betfred.chromaagency.com
Trainer Marcus Tregoning has earmarked the Group Three heat as the starting point in his three-year-old career for his promising colt, who is among 15 entries.

Aidan O'Brien can pick from Athens and Tower Rock, while the John Oxx-trained Call To Battle and Ken Condon's Macbeth make up the Irish brigade.

The John Gosden-trained Thought Worthy and Richard Hannon's Rougemont, second and third respectively behind O'Brien's Imperial Monarch in Sandown's Classic trial, could renew rivalry.

Rae Guest's Ed De Gas and David Lanigan's Main Sequence have unbeaten records to defend. while Andrew Balding has two good chances in Goldoni and Minimise Risk.

William Haggas' promising filly Vow is among 17 entries for the Betfred "The Bonus King" Oaks Trial on the same card.

The daughter of Motivator won on her debut at Newbury last month to earn quotes of around 16-1 for the Investec Oaks which Haggas won last year with Dancing Rain.

O'Brien has three possibles in Devotion, Soon and Twirl, while other interesting includes Sir Mark Prescott's Albamara, Ralph Beckett's Colima, Paul Cole's Gifted Girl and Richard Hannon's Misdemeanour.
By:
Anaglogs Daughter
When: 08 May 12 12:36
Lingfield's Friday card will be run on the all-weather, as will Saturday's, featuring the Derby and Oaks trials, if turf course is found unfit. There is an inspection at 1pm today and Saturday's races will be reopened if card switches
By:
Dr Gonzo
When: 08 May 12 12:43
Agree with that assessment Ramruma. Looked very impressive when he got daylight, but it was a dreadful race. I think he'd have won further if not getting boxed in.

Should pick up some nice races, but not good enough for the Derby imo.
By:
penzance
When: 09 May 12 23:04
Apollo not running Sunday,he is in the Dante though.
Whether he runs or not's a different matter.
Looked a nice prospect when he won his maiden.
By:
thelastleprechaun
When: 10 May 12 00:27
dunno why some think camelot wont stay, obviously dont know his breeding, this horse was bred for one an half miles. and not for the guineas distance, the fact he is so well balanced in his breeding brought guineas success as a bonus for him....he'll win the derby,he was always going to do that...as i said guineas is only a bonus... and 6/4 ,might be good value right now..gl Happy
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com