Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
galileo79
02 Jul 11 18:02
| Topic/replies: 34 | Blogger: galileo79's blog
All over Canford Cliffs for this. He beat Goldikova nicely last time out and should have too much for Frankel who has had 2 very tough races this year. EVS a fair price.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 211
By:
TheFormMan
When: 02 Jul 11 19:00
even if Frankle got a furlong head start the mighty tom d1pshit queally would still find a way to fvck it up!
By:
comingupthehill
When: 02 Jul 11 21:41
frankel will beat cliffs in sussex,the sharp downhill track will suit frankel ,the only problem is he needs to ride the race as he did at ascot ,i.e go for home early,but by waiting it could let cliffs in.
By:
caward
When: 02 Jul 11 22:55
Can't understand how Canford is fav with most firms. As long as Frankel is ridden more sensibly can only see one result, don't even think it will be close.
By:
elisjohn
When: 03 Jul 11 04:47
not quite the same comingupthehill, just wait another  furlong before kicking, then hell destroy c cliffs
By:
buddeliea
When: 03 Jul 11 07:48
Canford has proved he can beat the best,Frankel has not.He is a worthy fav,Frankel still has to prove he can compete with the best milers,beaten not much so far and lto struggled.
Over hyped is Frankel at this stage.
By:
caward
When: 03 Jul 11 09:34
Frankel has done all that's been asked of him 7 out of 7, Champion 2yo, 3 Gr1's including the guineas by 6 lenghts so has nothing to prove. realise there are some people who can't wait for him to be beat but it won't be on the 27th July.
By:
A_T
When: 03 Jul 11 09:36
Would rather be with Canford on this - he knows how to race in the final furlong - something of which Frankel has almost no experience. The race hinges on whether Frankel can be settled to produce his effort at the finish.
By:
buddeliea
When: 03 Jul 11 17:28
Frankel has plenty to prove against the older horses that look a different league to the 3 yr olds he has faced.If he can manage to beat the older horses i will accept he is the business,but not until then,and not based on what i consider to be pretty average horses he has faced thus far.
By:
liberator of the oppressed
When: 03 Jul 11 18:12
MESSRS FIGGIS, SINT & CO (THE GURU'S I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW) ..

What does the clock suggest? You know I'm a bit thick (and lazy) but I see the Sussex as being a bit like a ding dong 100m final (Bolt v Powell) and I think there is only one winner.

Would you very kindly advise please.

Thank - you.
By:
Figgis
When: 03 Jul 11 19:06
LOTO
The race looks a bit too tricky for me to have a very strong opinion on, but fwiw, here's what I think. If the Guineas Frankel turns up then there can only be one winner. I've not clocked a horse yet that could give 8lbs to that type of performance and I don't believe CC would be the first, whether CC has more in reserve or not, Frankel would just be too far ahead. However, the Frankel we saw last time ran 13lbs worse, by my reckoning. There was the excuse that Queally went too soon, which I think is valid, but even so, it was a big drop in performance. So it all depends on whether his last run was just a blip, or is he a horse on the decline? I reckon even if he runs half a stone within his Guineas performance it is going to be extremely difficult to give him 8lbs, if he runs around a stone worse, like last time, he will be vulnerable.
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 03 Jul 11 23:06
frankel will be extremely hard to beat if settling and quelly doesnt send him for home at the 4f pole.

if the pacemaker sets sensible fractions like confront did in the eclipse frankel will have too much for canford at the end imo.

no horse in training wouldve won frankels last race given the same ride, the fact that he actually held on was an achievement in itself.

all this assuming the horse is 100% of course but if he lines up i will take it on trust that he is. im undecided if ill have a bet as yet!
By:
tinkler
When: 04 Jul 11 10:58
Goodwood is a pace track and plays right into Frankels hands. He has a very sharp turn of foot which CC cann't
match, with no uphill finish as long as Queally presses the button at the right time he should win.
On fastish ground Frankel is overpriced at odds against.
By:
grendel
When: 04 Jul 11 12:10
I think his odds against takes into account the fact he may go for the Juddmonte instead, CC on the other hand is far more likely to be at Goodwood.
By:
tinkler
When: 04 Jul 11 15:36
I don't see any reason why he couldn't take in Goodwood and York. Goodwoods not a track that takes a lot
out of horse, you often see horses running twice in a week there and winning.
Unless he's not 100% I'd be very surprised if they don't run at Goodwood.
By:
grendel
When: 04 Jul 11 16:29
The way Cecil was speaking after the St Jamess it was either one or the other, not both.  The Dante was being bandied about as an option after the Guineas, sooner or later I think they're keen to see how 10 furlongs goes with him ridden like a conventional racehorse ..... as am I
By:
Howellsy
When: 04 Jul 11 17:40
I can't believe anyone could think Frankel has a better turn of foot than Canford Cliffs. I suppose it's possible, but if he has a turn of foot, someone hasn't seen fit to tell Cecil or Queally. The only way Frankel can beat Canford is to do what he did in the Guineas. If it turns into a sprint, Canford beats any horse over a mile. All in my opinion, of course.
By:
Mr Eboue
When: 04 Jul 11 17:58
Watch his royal lodge win to see his turn of foot.

Within 5 seconds he went from last to first...... cantering around half a dozen horses.
By:
jonibake
When: 04 Jul 11 18:27
Same in the Dewhurst Mr E! Last to first in an instant. Canford is a magnificent racehorse but history will soon show that Frankel is one of the greatest. All in MY opinion of course Happy
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 04 Jul 11 20:09
i like frankel as i stated but he wil have to be at the top of his game. he wont be able to canter round half a field and beat canford like he destroyed them in the royal lodge. none of those horses close to the ability of canford over a mile.
By:
grendel
When: 05 Jul 11 08:10
It's not Frankel that needs to be at the top of his game, he just needs to be ridden more conventionally and sent for home just after the 3f pole.  He will break Canford Cliffs heart as he won't be able to keep up with him AND have a finishing kick to get past him.
By:
ilikewavingatbuses
When: 05 Jul 11 09:57
canford will catch him in 3f.
By:
jonibake
When: 05 Jul 11 11:35
No - I'm with Grendel. 3f should just about do it. Enough to let that huge stride burn off whatever CC has to throw at him.
By:
TheFormMan
When: 05 Jul 11 17:34
As much as i love the mighty Canford,Frankle will be long gone and past the winning line before Canford can get into gear and get after him,as long as he is ridden differently that is
By:
buddeliea
When: 05 Jul 11 17:44
Really?? what do you base his superiority over CC on???
By:
TheFormMan
When: 05 Jul 11 18:15
my brain
By:
buddeliea
When: 05 Jul 11 18:16
oh ok
Laugh
By:
TheFormMan
When: 05 Jul 11 18:20
[;)]
By:
elisjohn
When: 05 Jul 11 18:45
Grinnice one form man
By:
jonibake
When: 05 Jul 11 18:55
Buddilea - do you think EVERY horse Frankel has faced has been "pretty average"? Treasure Beach? Nathaniel? Excelebration? Dream Ahead? Zoffany? Strong Suit? Pathfork? Wootten Bassett? Roderic O Connor? Grand Prix Boss? Multiple group 1 and classic winners - ALL of them no good??? Is THAT why he keeps winning? He only races donkeys? Now I get it.Plain
By:
galileo79
When: 05 Jul 11 18:59
as good as Frankel is he has had 2 tough races which will have taken alot out of him and with CC's superior form I will be going with him
By:
buddeliea
When: 06 Jul 11 06:42
Jonibake,
To be honest i am not impressed with any of the 3yr olds i have seen this year over a mile,Frankel aside.

Some of those horses you mention were fair 2yr olds,and Treasure Beach is looking good at further than a mile this season.
But i stick by my opinion that aside from Frankel i have not seen a real good 3 yr old miler.
By:
buddeliea
When: 06 Jul 11 06:46
Its just opinions,and we will only know how good they are when they face the proven milers like CC and Goldikova etc.
If Frankel or indeed another 3yr old prove me wrong then fair enough.
Lets hope we get the chance soon to find out.
By:
grendel
When: 06 Jul 11 07:52
Quite where you're coming from by putting down this years 3yo's I cannot fathom. There have only been 4 3yo+ Group races beyond 6f so far this season in which 3yo's were represented.

7/5/11 . LINGFIELD Chartwell Fillies Stakes GP3 7f 3/8 were 3yo's
Perfect Tribute WON 12/1
Eucharist       6th 10/1
Sonning Rose    7th 50/1

3/6/11 . EPSOM Princess Elizabeth Stakes GP3 9f 2/8 were 3yo's
Clinical    3rd 15/2
Nabah       7th 22/1

25/6/11 . NEWMARKET Criterion Stakes GP3 7f 2/12 were 3yo's
Libranno    WON 9/1
Pausanias   2nd 6/1

2/7/11 . HAYDOCK Lancashire Oaks GP2 12f 3/7 were 3yo's
Dorcas Lane  3rd 13/2
Fork Handles 6th 33/1
Bilidin      7th 80/1
By:
elisjohn
When: 06 Jul 11 07:59
also the irish race misty for me / midday,
By:
jonibake
When: 06 Jul 11 08:20
We get this every year though don't we? I remember people saying before last year's Derby that all the 3 year old's were rubbish. A year on we have Rewilding, Workforce and Canford to name but three. You are right Buddilea that time will soon tell us but I don't see why we have to write them off just yet. Give em a chance I say!

One thing is for sure though - it will be harder than ever for the 3 year olds this year as so many more horses are staying in training.
By:
Slabster
When: 06 Jul 11 14:25
If one wanted to be contrary one could argue that Rewilding only beat another one of last 3yo's in the Prince of Wales [smiley:crazy] Laugh
By:
buddeliea
When: 06 Jul 11 16:45
Fair do's lads,take your points,i may be being a tad harsh,lets wait and see.
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Jul 11 17:02
Agree with Frankel supporters. He'll beat Canford provided he is ridden with a little more restraint.

And I actually dont think his run in the Guineas was a hard race. He jumped and ran and seemed to love it. He enjoyed that day which makes thinks easier, he wasn't ridden hard. He was allowed to stroll out and hammer the opposition.

His run lto at Ascot was a bit more punishing though for reasons mentioned below, but he is a young horse and should recover quickly. The horse is a brute physically.

If Frankel is odds-againt vs CC on raceday then i'll back him,  not interested in ante-post prices.
By:
sintonian
When: 06 Jul 11 17:08
Budd, Frankels form has been franked wherever you look. There is not a single race he has ran in where the form has not been boosted.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com