Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jamesp
30 Apr 11 15:22
| Topic/replies: 2,426 | Blogger: jamesp's blog
This will doubtless come as no surprise to regular users of the 'other' betting exchange (the 'purple' one), but it's clear that virtually all the money put up on races like the Guineas on that exchange is put there by the exchange itself.  Their back price is invariably a fraction shorter than the current back price on Betfair.  Here are the current comparative odds for the 1000 Guineas (Betfair back odds first, the other exchange's back odds in brackets): 

Moonlight Cloud 6.4 (6)
Memory 5.9 (5.8)
Havant 7.2 (7)
Misty For Me 10 (9.6)
Hooray 9.8 (9.6)
Make A Dance 16 (15.5)
Laughing Lashes 15 (14.5)
I Love Me 18.5 (18)
Barefoot Lady 27 (26)
Blue Bunting 36 (35)
Nova Hawk 30 (29)
Cape Dollar 65 (62)
Empowering 46 (46)
Maqaasid 36 (35)
Together 75 (70)
Elshabakiya 150 (146)
Immortal Verse 85 (80)
The Shrew 150 (146)
Show Rainbow 220 (210)

In every single case (bar Empowering, where the odds are identical) the other exchange has their price a fraction shorter than the Betfair price.  Not only that, but I have been watching the prices live for some time and the other exchange's odds fall into line within seconds of a change on Betfair.  Clearly the other exchange is using a 'bot' to track the Betfair markets.  Perhaps you're all well aware of this, but I was surprised to see just how much control is used on the other exchange.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1
By:
sintonian
When: 30 Apr 11 15:32
Seems a bit stingey and perhaps illogical to have shorter odds than your competitor if you want more customers.

Nonetheless, I dont use them, and even less incentive to now!

cheers James.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com