Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
buddeliea
27 Oct 10 18:11
| Topic/replies: 15,772 | Blogger: buddeliea's blog
Whats this all about?? Surely they aint seriously thinking about running hin there???

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 532
By:
Howdi
When: 27 Oct 10 18:20
just in case he goes t1ts up early in ireland i think or henn cuts up
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 18:29
Not his race whatever happens in ireland,and Hennessy aint the sort of race to cut up.Bizarre entry imo
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 18:32
Mind you,be interesting if he did run!!
By:
Graeme83
When: 27 Oct 10 18:32
It's not a bizarre entry if you consider PN has entered a whole bunch of other horses that won't run. Forget the headlines.
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 18:36
If he has no intention of running,its bizarre.If he intends running its still bizarre.
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 18:41
So basically imo its a bizarre entry.
By:
Lee_SHA
When: 27 Oct 10 18:41
I hope he does run.

So that people can see the difference between a staying chaser who can carry weight, and Kauto is just about a 3 miler.
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 18:43
Kauto has won 2 gold cups,so he is a bit more than just a 2 miler my friend.
By:
Masterminded
When: 27 Oct 10 18:57
If he does run you can forget about the King George. No way he will run. Just to make headlines.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 27 Oct 10 19:00
nafc he runs
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 19:01
2 miler?,i rather think i meant 3!!
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 19:02
So its a headline entry,if thats the case, what a waste of time!!
By:
Graeme83
When: 27 Oct 10 19:09
It's a ' aliens might fly to kempton and burn the turf with the light from their high powered space craft beams thus rendering the track unrunable' entry.
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 19:17
Ok,so could someone actually tell me exactly what benefit anyone gets from this entry??
By:
cryoftruth
When: 27 Oct 10 19:20
Assuming the weight range is still 11:10 top to 10.00 bottom, Kauto star would carry 11.10, Denam would carry 11:2 and the rest would be out of the handicap by 2lbs and upwards. It would mean that a horse as good as Diamond Harry for example would be required to race from a stone out of the handicap.

Of course in Arkle's days he had to lump 12:7, like the day he won at the unrewarding odds of 1/5 on favourite; but Kauto wining the hennessy of 192 by say 20 lengths would definitely mean he was a horse to be rated as being the first since Arkle's days of being over 200. That would be quite some achievement.

However, Kauto running in the hennessy is a very interesting idea. He would only have to run to his very best to carry the weight and win, since aside from Denman, the others would be really struggling as, at the weights they would have to improve very significantly to beat Kauto. I hope he does run myself. We would then have something to really compare with Arkle as a horse.

If I was a cynic, I would worry a bit that Kauto stays in the race until its too late for the weights to rise. This would really give Denman a marvellous chance, running off only 11:2 against horses out of the handicap, and most with almost no chance whatsoever of winning. however I 'm sure PN would not manipulate the weights of the race like that. Or would he??
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 19:23
No way that would happen,he would get lynched!!
Being so obvious to everyone.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 27 Oct 10 19:24
Kauto was given an entry in the race three years ago, all the theories were banded about then that he'd be withdrawn on the morning so that Denman would be running with most (maybe all) other runners being out of the handicap

Three years later we are faced with the same scenario, and 100% guaranteed to get the same result.

To answer buddeliea's question of 20:17, nobody gets any benefit, whatsoever. An absolutely pointless entry
By:
buddeliea
When: 27 Oct 10 19:29
Exactly.
Unless connections are thinking about training him different to all his successful years!!
Now that would be bizarre!!!!!!!
By:
cryoftruth
When: 27 Oct 10 20:02
I seem to recall all the successful years were splattered with a few failures here and there.

Kauto should go for the hennessy. he would actually have a tremendous chance in the race.

However I am, like you, pretty sure he won't run there.
By:
2rivets
When: 27 Oct 10 20:54
ive seen some rubbish on here but a dual gc winner who just about gets 3miles tops the lot.dont tell me lee let me guess your one of those people that think see the stars and dancing brave were donkeys cos they didnt win the ebor
By:
cryoftruth
When: 28 Oct 10 08:39
Yes the idea that Kauto Star doesn't get a trip is a bit silly. You just don't win the Gold cup by failing to stay and stay very well.
Kauto has been a bit fussy at times though. His trainer says that he needs much time between races as a reason for explaining some of the horse's reversals, in the likes of the Betfair gold Cup etc. He has been prone to the odd jumping  error too, like in last year's gold cup, which seemed to go down the drain after a major early blunder. I think that's what makes him quite likeable though. When he gets everything right, he is the best since Arkle.

That's why I would love to see him win the Hennessy off a mark of 190. I reckon you get a really true rating when a horse wins the big handicap conceding weight. He's so much better than the other chasers around at his best (Imperial and Denman excepted) that its hard to rate him when he slaughters inferior animals at level weights. a bit like Framnkel killing Klammer by miles. We know that he was very good when he did that but now Klammer has gone and won the horris hill how good might that have been?
By:
Howdi
When: 28 Oct 10 19:11
he's been enterered so there is some chance otherwise they wouldnt have bothered Laugh
By:
cryoftruth
When: 28 Oct 10 19:32
If he canters in in Northern Ireland, they will presumably have a sit down and decide. Entering him is an option. I think Newbury really ought to suit him very well, the trip would be just about ideal, and he really would leave some fancied horses miles out of the weights.
By:
SatelliteFlight
When: 28 Oct 10 19:38
Newbury is DENMAN'S domain Devil
By:
Howdi
When: 28 Oct 10 19:40
oh id love to see it.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 28 Oct 10 19:43
Racing Post Chase is where i'd like to see it tbh
By:
FCH
When: 28 Oct 10 22:04
FFT you are right, but unfortunately its too close to the Gold Cup
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 29 Oct 10 15:05
I know, a shame Cry
By:
buddeliea
When: 29 Oct 10 17:43
Imo ideal for Kauto is 3m round Kempton carrying same weight as his rivals.Whilst i think Kauto would be capable of running well in a Hennessey,i dont think course and distance and giving lumps of weight would be his ideal race.
By:
baracouda30
When: 30 Oct 10 04:49
An ageing French bred dual Gold Cup winner with not many miles left on the clock lugging around top weight in the Hennessy?

More chance of West Ham doing the double.
By:
buddeliea
When: 30 Oct 10 05:29
i would not dismiss him lightly myself.horse oozes class and that can often prove crucial when they start to age.
By:
bazzar
When: 31 Oct 10 12:48
Has anybody seen what sort of a penalty will be applied for winning after a certain date and what is that date, please?
By:
Eeternaloptimist
When: 31 Oct 10 23:50
Get them both at their best at Newbury, on the softish ground which usually prevails at that time and even at level weights I would absolutely hammer into Denman.
By:
zilzal1
When: 01 Nov 10 00:22
An ageing French bred dual Gold Cup winner with not many miles left on the clock lugging around top weight in the Hennessy?

More chance of West Ham doing the double.

C'mon Bara, we should manage to win one more game this season in the league....
By:
ACStafford
When: 01 Nov 10 00:54
I absolutely love Kauto, but I doubt he'd beat Denman at levels round Newbury, never mind giving him 8 lbs. Like Budd, I can't understand the entry at all. Why pay to enter the horse in a race there is absolutely no chance he'll run in?
By:
baracouda30
When: 01 Nov 10 07:59
C'mon Bara, we should manage to win one more game this season in the league....

If so, I hope it's at White Hart Lane!
By:
RyanWe
When: 01 Nov 10 11:58
Just been reading the article about Kauto Star with Clive Smith

"There is a little proviso (in heading straight to Kempton after Down Royal) in that we would like to have a crack maybe at the Hennessy, just as it might be his last season, and see how he goes," Smith went on.

"We want to race him four times probably, or maybe five, but obviously always aiming at the King George and the Gold Cup. We'd still like to show he could do it in a big handicap, so we might go to the Hennessy, or we might not. It just depends on this Saturday really.

Suddenly the 20/1 on betfair looks big.. Shocked
By:
Shrew D
When: 01 Nov 10 13:15
http://betting.betfair.com/horse-racing/paul-nicholls/ante-post-plans/the-hennessy-betting-nicholls-camp-strongly-considering-011110.html
By:
Wayward Lad
When: 01 Nov 10 13:16
Looks like Newbury tickets will be selling fast for the race of the decade!
Page 1 of 14  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 14 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com